gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229533 Posts in 2574 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay March 29, 2024, 10:02:17 AM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Aiken News Network (ANN)  |  2004 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK MAY 26 PAGE 2
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 2004 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK MAY 26 PAGE 2  (Read 1896 times)

fhmmany2

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
2004 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK MAY 26 PAGE 2
« on: March 26, 2010, 05:00:03 PM »
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S CLAYNADIAN GIRL !!!

AIKEN NEWS NETWORK MAY 26
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2004, 08:53:31 AM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What a great day for news, CLAY is EVERYWHERE !!!

superstars Vince Gill and Amy Grant, American Idol singer Clay Aiken ,

SUPERSTAR ~ I'm liking the sound of that !!! I just wish they would get rid of the American Idol part.

Report to moderator    Logged 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I Close My Eyes and I Breath You In

UNCONDITIONAL

clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2004, 10:08:56 AM »   

I am going to post this story so it can be archived.

Clay's Broadway Performance

Hey Everyone--Are you all as sick of all the AI hype as I am? After going to the Clay Report and still not finding anything on Clay's Broadway performance I decided to borrow some of the fun things I found on the Clayboard for everyone to enjoy. What a wonderful night Clay had. These two reports make me almost feel like I was there. Aren't we proud of OMC!

This was just posted by Sashntash -

OK - I just hung up the phone after talking to katforclay and NYMom during intermission..... I posted a few comments above. Let's see if I can remember the rest of what they said .....

He brought them to tears. It was indescribable. Two guys (who obviously did not know of Clay before), turned around after he finished and said something about Clay really bringing out Heather's voice well. The two guys were in awe !! NYMom will have to give you the direct quote later.

The theater has been totally renovated and the acoustics are amazing.

Heather started singing a little bit of CYFTLT and then Clay came on stage and Heather made the comment about needing a really good looking guy to sing the duet with her and then introduced Clay.

NYMom said you could tell the audience was torn between applauding and screaming when Clay first came on the stage and being quiet to hear them singing. She said there was applause at the beginning just to show love and then everyone was quiet while they sang.

She said his spirit and presence just filled the stage and the whole theater.

Everyone - Claymates and non-Claymates were in awe when he finished. Indescribable. The applause was deafening.

They are not following the order of the program and the program just lists the songs that will be sung but doesn't say who is singing what, so they don't know if he will be back in the second half to sing again. If he does, they will call me after the show for another report.

NYMom said she was getting nervous because the two men who sang duets with Heather before Clay came on were really really good - obviously - they are seasoned professional Broadway stars. But her worry was in vain, because Clay blew everyone away.

So... in summary... he looked terrific, his singing brought the audience to tears and left them in awe, the people putting on the show showed him the respect he deserves, his voice was in top form and he looked happy !!!

It's a great day in ClayLand !!

If I think of anything else, I'll post it..... I had chills just hearing kat and NYMom describing it

More

So here are my tidbits.

Clay looked gorgeous. Hair was light and he looked happy and healthy. Light suit, very flattering.

Someone in back of me kept warning their friend not to rush the stage when Clay was on.

Someone mentioned the first two duets. First of all, the first half of the show had more theatrical songs and performances. Less charged and less out to the audience. The first two duets had more of that feeling. The first guy had a very nice, smooth voice but not alot of power or dynamics. Subtle. There was more acting here.

The second guest had more of a poppy style. Nice but not the tone Clay has. He had more power and more connection to the audience and Heather than the first guy but didn't have what I'd call any vocal powerhouse moments. '

Both had good responses but not great.

When Clay came on, there was applause, cheers and some screaming from above but not much from the orchestra.

Heather introduced him as a cute boy and a good singer. She emphasized 'good' as though she meant alot better than good. She then said she hoped they'd be welcoming with a slight bit of concern. The audience probably contains benefactors who don't know Clay or theater people/performers who may have 'Village Voice' views of Clay so maybe that's where that little concern came from.

She started and Clay came out and people applauded but let them sing. He and Heather had a great connection and for the first time of the night there was electricity in the air. They really sang to each other and to the audience. It wasn't theater but a personal performance out to the people.

Clay sounded powerful and clear and when they went back and forth with harmonies and rhythms and different entrances and dynamics and the place just exploded. They got a burst of applause in the middle of the song. The power and control and the way he was able to make dynamic changes blew people away and stood out from the other guests.

He must have left an impact on Heather because the second half was more personal and more energetic. When he came out for the curtain call, Clay got by far the most applause and the most enthusiastic applause for any of the guests. After the CYFTLT Clay and Heather hugged very warmly. They seemed to genuninely like each other and had a great time. During the curtain call the hug was even more personal and warm.

This was a crowd that knew and loved Heather and didn't know what to expect of Clay.

At the beginning of the song mostly the balcony reacted. At the end of the song everyone went wild. I think it was Scott Hamilton who said 'I hope they don't applaud me more at the beginning than the end of the show.' Well Clay started out with Claymate support and ended by bringing the house down.

http://p219.ezboard.com/ftheclayboardfrm11.showMessageRange?topicID=40841.topic&start=21&stop=40

filed 5/25/2004

CLAY REPORT

Report to moderator    Logged 

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak

ANGELA
Enthusiastic

A FAN FROM MASSACHUSETTS SUPPORTING CLAY 110%

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2004, 02:06:44 PM »   

No matter how many times I read Clay's Broadway performance article I get goose bumps.  I am just so proud of OMC.

Thanks Deanna for posting that,  and also Deanna & Pamela---I may not always post on this topic, but I always enjoy reading this Post.  I APPRECIATE IT VERY MUCH & JUST WANTED YOU BOTH TO KNOW THANK YOU!

Take Care,
Angela

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Aiken News Network (ANN)  |  2004 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK MAY 26 PAGE 2

gfxgfx
gfx