gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229885 Posts in 2575 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay April 20, 2024, 10:16:00 AM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Aiken News Network (ANN)  |  2004 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK MAY 24
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 2004 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK MAY 24  (Read 2524 times)

fhmmany2

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
2004 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK MAY 24
« on: March 26, 2010, 04:48:38 PM »
 Author  Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK MAY 24  (Read 1040 times) 

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

AIKEN NEWS NETWORK MAY 24
« on: May 23, 2004, 11:34:49 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Promise of America Campaign Announces June Gala Event--May 21, 2004

Building upon the exemplary work of the National Promise of America honorees, America's Promise in 2004 launched the Promise of America Youth Campaign, an aggressive drive to recruit new partners to The Alliance for Youth and to raise critically needed resources.

Among the campaign's highlights: On June 16, a gala event in Washington, D.C., will pay tribute to members of Congress for their commitment to America's youth, and will recognize six young people from the honorees' home states who exemplify how receiving the Five Promises has made a real difference in their lives.

The event, held at the Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center, will include performances by Clay Aiken and The Duke Ellington School of the Arts Chorus.

AMERICA'S PROMISE 1

AMERICA’S PROMISE TO OUR YOUTH
A Gala Celebration
Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Featuring Clay Aiken
and
The Duke Ellington School of Arts Chorus

Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center
1300 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W.
Washington, D.C.

Reception: 6:30 p.m.
Dinner: 7:30 p.m.
Program and Entertainment: 8:30 p.m.
Attire: Black Tie Optional

Please join us as America’s Promise presents a gala evening honoring Members of the United States Congress:

The Honorable Ted Kennedy         
The Honorable Deborah Pryce
The Honorable Ted Stevens         
The Honorable Harold Ford     
The Honorable Hillary Rodham Clinton     
The Honorable Tom Osborne

This gala celebration will be a memorable evening that pays tribute to six members of the United States Congress for their commitment to America’s youth and will recognize six young people from the honorees’ home states who exemplify how receiving the Five Promises has made a real difference in their lives.

AMERICA'S PROMISE 2

Report to moderator    Logged 

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2004, 11:38:16 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reminder:  The Children & Families Initiative of Broadway Cares/Equity Fights Aids Benefit

Entitled Home, the 7 PM concert to benefit the Children and Family Initiative of Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS will boast the talents of "American Idol" runner-up Clay Aiken, former Rent-er Adam Pascal and Side Show's Norm Lewis. Headley will also welcome the Broadway Inspirational Voices under the direction of Big River Tony nominee Michael McElroy.

LINK

clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2004, 04:56:53 AM »   

'Idol' finalists competing? No way!

Cox News Service
May. 23, 2004 03:30 PM

LOS ANGELES - So do Diana DeGarmo and Fantasia Barrino care whether they win the "American Idol" title next Wednesday? Ostensibly, no.

"It doesn't matter," said Fantasia, of High Point, N.C., at a press conference Sunday. "I feel like I've accomplished a lot. . . . If she (Diana) wins, I'll be so happy for her. I'll be crying like I always do."

Diana, of Snellville, Ga., had much the same to say a few moments later.

"We're all winners, no matter what," she explained.

This could be faux modesty. But Clay Aiken, runner-up from the second "Idol" series, has proven that coming in second didn't hurt him a bit. His first record album has outsold those of original "Idol" winner Kelly Clarkson and second "Idol" victor Ruben Studdard.
(snip)

AZCENTRAL

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak

clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2004, 05:03:12 AM »   

TV schedule announcements illustrate industry's fast pace of change

DAVID BAUDER, AP Television Writer         Sunday, May 23, 2004

(05-23) 10:18 PDT NEW YORK (AP) --

The first new fall series that ABC showed off last week was "Wife Swap," a family friendly show involving real-life moms trading homes for two weeks and inexplicably given a 10 p.m. time slot after kids have gone to bed.

That, by itself, was a telling example of the rapid pace of change in the television industry.

Reality's new status and comedy's decline, the new use of reruns and other offbeat strategies were all in evidence during the annual week that broadcast networks unveil their fall schedules to thousands of advertising executives.

Through it all, CBS remained the staunch traditionalist -- a position it can afford as the nation's most popular network, and odds-on favorite to continue that status next year.

The networks did what they do best -- put on a show -- as they tried to persuade advertisers to buy billions of dollars worth of commercial time.

CBS hired the Who. Usher sang for UPN. Lenny Kravitz rocked out for the WB. Clay Aiken and Ruben Studdard sang for Fox. And all the networks plied their guests with food and drink.

Just a year ago, reality was still a dirty word at these presentations. None of the six networks scheduled any reality show that hadn't already been proven, like "Survivor."

SFGATE

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2004, 06:37:16 AM »   

Gratuitous Clay mention of the day!
Clay for Vice President?!?

If only we could message our vote
By Lee Ostaszewski / Local Columnist
Monday, May 24, 2004

In my never ending attempt to provide you, the reader, with only the highest quality coverage of the 2004 presidential race, I hereby recommend you skip over this column and turn directly to the more informative and fact-based sections of this newspaper, which includes the legal notices and "Ziggy."

Should you still insist on reading this column be aware it might contain highly technical, hard-to-understand, political terminology such as VEEP, Electoral College, and Clay Aiken.

(snip)

The Democratic primaries quickly became a two-man race between senators John Kerry and John Edwards, with John Kerry clearly the taller of the two.

John Kerry went on to win nearly every primary contest and is the presumptive nominee. This leaves us with the remainder of spring and early summer without a legitimate reason to pay attention to the presidential race.

With Election Day still many months -- perhaps even years -- away, the only question on anyone's mind now is whom John Kerry will pick as his running mate. This is an important decision given that the vice president is next in line to become president, and gets the spare set of keys to the White House. (Little known historical tidbit: Calvin Coolidge locked himself out of the White House a record setting 16 times while in office.)

Also, it is important that the vice presidential (or VEEP) candidate helps to "balance" the ticket. In no way is this meant to imply that the presidential candidates are currently "unbalanced." That is for the voters to ultimately decide.

A balanced ticket is when a candidate picks a running mate from a different region of the country. The idea is that voters will think, "Dang, I sure like the other candidate better, but I'm voting for this guy because his running mate comes from a neighboring state, even though I despise that state and often call it, 'our nation's open and pus-oozing infected sore."'

A balanced ticket becomes extremely important because of the Electoral College, which happens to be the system we use to elect our president and vice president, and which can't be explained properly without fist having a complete understanding of American governmental procedures and quantum physics.

In any case, what it means is that for John Kerry to win in November, he must pick an intelligent, likable southerner, with strong name recognition and a proven track record of nationwide vote-getting. I can think of two people who closely fit that description today: Ruben Studdard or Clay Aiken.

METROWEST DAILY NEWS

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2004, 06:54:25 AM »   

AIKEN MEETS MODERN MILLIE

As America bites its nails over the American Idol final Season 3 face-off between Diana and Fantasia, one of last year's favorites is making the Broadway scene. Clay Aiken, the Idol runner-up who is now a multi-platinum recording artist, was spotted backstage at Thoroughly Modern Millie on May 22, gushing to its leading ladies about their delightful Tony-winning tuner. It's too bad the show is winding down its two-year run next month. Clay could have made a thoroughly delightful Jimmy, no?

BROADWAY.COM

lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2004, 07:08:55 AM »   

THANK YOU FOR ALL THAT GOOD NEWS ABOUT OUR CLAY.  ON THIS DREARY MONDAY MORNING IN CONNECTICUT GOOD NEWS ABOUT OUR GUY MAKES THE DAY THAT MUCH BETTER TO DEAL WITH.

LORRAINE

grammaof6
SuperFan

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2004, 08:07:54 AM »   

PAMELA & DEANNE,
You 2 start my day! It's dreary and rainy here in WI also, my coffee pot went on the fritz and splattered grounds all over my kitchen and since my hubby insisted we change from cable to satellite I can't get Fox & Friends - so THANK GOD I still have the News Network to settle my world & get my day off right! Thank you both for all your hard work to keep us Clay informed. :D

bisi
UltimateFan

The Eyes have it!

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2004, 02:51:31 PM »   

http://www.kcloveskids.org/nightofchampions.html

Lots more pictures and recap of the Kansas City Night of Champions

bisi
UltimateFan

The Eyes have it!

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2004, 02:53:54 PM »   

NIGEL LYTHGO QUOTE

American started to accept this character (Clay) week after week not because he was changing his look, but THAT voice was superb.

Yeah sure he started flat ironing his hair and everything else but when he sang "Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me," you KNEW you were standing in front of a star.

American Idol - The Phenomenon

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Aiken News Network (ANN)  |  2004 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK MAY 24

gfxgfx
gfx