gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229954 Posts in 2575 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay April 25, 2024, 12:37:47 PM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Aiken News Network (ANN)  |  2004 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK MAY 21
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 2004 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK MAY 21  (Read 1891 times)

fhmmany2

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
2004 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK MAY 21
« on: March 26, 2010, 04:23:52 PM »
 Author  Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK MAY 21  (Read 1193 times) 

clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

AIKEN NEWS NETWORK MAY 21
« on: May 21, 2004, 04:54:55 AM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GOOD MORNING. EVERYONE!!!  IS THE WORK WEEK OVER YET??!!  OH, YEA, ALMOST THERE!!!

..TGIF !!!!!

Report to moderator    Logged 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak

clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2004, 04:57:04 AM »   

THE SALES CHARTS HAVE BEEN UPDATE FOR THE WEEK!!!

CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE CHARTS:
SALES CHART

Clay "is" the "News"

clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2004, 05:01:43 AM »   

FIRST "CLAY MENTION" OF THE DAY:

Which brings me to "American Idol."

On Wednesday, the show will pick its third winner. The first two, Kelly Clarkson and Ruben Studdard, have had good starts to their careers -- platinum albums and hit singles. Studdard's runner-up, Clay Aiken, may have done best of all, with a swooning fan base to go along with his own No. 1 CD, "Measure of a Man."

But whether we'll remember any of their names in two years -- much less 20 -- is an open question.

CNN.COM

"SWOONING FAN BASE"????  WHO????  WHERE?????

Clay "is" the "News"

clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2004, 05:08:11 AM »   

---HUH??????

Randy Johnson, who Tuesday night became the oldest codger to pitch a perfect game, read the "Top Ten Good Things About Pitching a Perfect Game'' on Wednesday night's "The Late Show With David Letterman.'' They included: (SNIP)

-- "If the proposed new (BCS) system had been in place,'' says Bill Scheft of Sports Illustrated, "this year's national championship would have been LSU versus Clay Aiken."

SFGATE

Clay "is" the "News"

ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2004, 05:15:41 AM »   

i agree with some of the things CNN said! some of the people from Idol probably won't last beyond their third or fourth CD.

However, Clay will be doing things to keep his name and likeness out there.

I guess in 2005, according to CNN, nobody will know who Clay is since 2005 will mark his second year in the business!! we'll just see about that!

Clay will be doing things in music and hopefully TV in his effort to make people remember his name.

Britney's been around since 1997...seven years! i think Clay has a solid decade in front of him.

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~

clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2004, 05:21:30 AM »   

FROM THE CLACKHOUSE:

Anyway, finally, sales figures for the week: The SWingle sold 7,482 copies this past week, for a 9-week total of 262,326 copies sold. Its lead over the #2 single (by Jojo) was 661 copies. Between the fact that Beyonce's single for "Naughty Girl" is out this week, and the fact that Jojo has been gaining in sales for the past few weeks, holding on to the #1 spot for a 10th week is going to be a real challenge.

TO VIEW THE SINGLES CHARTS, CLICK HERE:

SINGLES CHART

I WAS REALLY HOPING THAT HIS RECENT LENO APPEARANCE WOULD HELP THE SALES OF THE SWINGLE PICK UP!!!  BUT, I AM NOT COMPLAINING--BEING TOP OF THE SINGLES SALES CHART FOR THIS MANY WEEKS--IS GREAT!!!

Clay "is" the "News"

clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2004, 05:27:36 AM »   

State Fair Announces 2004 Concert Lineup
Clay Aiken, Kid Rock, Nickelback To Perform at Fairgrounds

DES MOINES, Iowa -- The line up for this year's Iowa State fair lineup was announced Thursday.

Pop music fans can get excited over performances by "American Idol" star Clay Aiken, Kid Rock and Nickelback.

Country music fans can look forward to Rascal Flatts and Brooks and Dunn appearing on the grandstand.

Other performers include MercyMe, Michael W. Smith, Montgomery Gentry and Josh Turner.

The Rock 'n' Roll Reunion celebrates its 25th year Aug. 14, with seven acts: Lou Christie, Fabian, Freddy "Boom Boom" Cannon, Lesley Gore, Tommy Roe, The Marvelettes, and Danny and the Juniors.

The 150th Iowa State Fair runs Aug. 12 through Aug. 22.

Tickets for all concerts go on sale at all Ticketmaster outlets at June 12 at 10 a.m.

You can get information by calling (800) 545-FAIR or at www.IowaStateFair.org.

Iowa State Fair Grandstand Concert Schedule:

* Thursday, Aug. 12: Michael W. Smith and MercyMe with special guest David Crowder Band, 7 p.m.; $25
    * Friday, Aug. 13: Montgomery Gentry with special guest Gary Allan, 8 p.m., $25
    * Saturday, Aug. 14: Rock 'n' Roll Reunion XXV featuring Lou Christie, Fabian, Freddy "Boom Boom" Cannon, Lesley Gore, Tommy Roe, The Marvelettes, plus Danny and the Juniors, 7:30 p.m.; $25
     * Sunday, Aug. 15: Clay Aiken with special guest Kimberley Locke, 8 p.m.; $25

THE IOWA

bisi
UltimateFan

The Eyes have it!

ET on MV & VH1 this weekend
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2004, 06:44:39 AM »   

Show: ET on MTV & VH1
Episode: (#336) - 05/22/2004
Network: (MTV) Music Television
Date: Saturday - May 22, 2004
Time: 11:30 am - 12:00 pm ET

Featured Artists
Clay Aiken, Black Eyed Peas, Nick Cannon, JC Chasez, Hilary Duff, Carmen Electra, Enrique Iglesias, Lenny Kravitz, Avril Lavigne, Maroon 5, Mandy Moore, N.E.R.D., Rooney, Jamie-Lynn Sigler, Jessica Simpson, Snoop Dogg

MTV:

Sat. May 22nd at 11:30 a.m. ET
Sun. May 23rd at 11:30 a.m. ET

VH1:

Sat. May 22nd at 3:00 p.m. ET
Sun. May 23rd at 3:00 a.m. ET
Sun. May 23rd at 12:00 p.m. ET

Edit to add source - Pamela ROCK ON TV

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2004, 07:13:49 AM »   

CLAY SINGS FOR FOX EXECS

Fox schedule offers 3-tiered confusion
By ERIC DEGGANS, Times TV/Media Critic
Published May 21, 2004

NEW YORK - Remember all those summers you complained about the reruns filling network television?

Now the Fox network has responded with a cure that may be worse than the problem, announcing a schedule - actually, three schedules - aimed at avoiding reruns through the year.

But it's so confusing, viewers may give up before figuring out what's airing when.

Taking the stage at the cavernous City Center, Fox executives Thursday revealed their ambitious scheduling plan to advertisers. But because Fox spends much of October airing the baseball playoffs and the World Series, their 52-week plan rolls out in three phases - June to October, November to January and January to June 2005.

In this plan, for example, the Bernie Mac Show airs at 8 p.m. Tuesdays from June to October, 9 p.m. Wednesdays from November to January and 9:30 p.m. Wednesdays from January to June 2005.

(snip)

Still, Fox pulled out the stops Thursday, arranging a performance, by satellite, from American Idol alums Clay Aiken and Ruben Studdard in New York, joined by current finalists Diana DeGarmo and Fantasia Barrino in Los Angeles.

ST PETERSBURG TIMES

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2004, 09:57:08 AM »   

Transcript of Clay's phone call to TRL, retiring "The Way" video from ca.com:

Damien: Right now I need complete silence followed by an eruption of applause.  On the phone right now...his video retires today. This is Clay Aiken everybody.

C: Hey, how are ya?
D: How are ya Clay?
C: I'm doing pretty good.
D: Everything is good?
C: Pretty good.
D: Pretty good, okay. (Clay laughs)
D: Well, you just recently wrapped up the Indep. Tour with Kelly
Clarkson. Must be good. I know you like her. She's fun to be on tour, right?
C: She's great. We had an amazing time. We didn't really know each
other before we went on tour together. And now we're best friends. She's so great.
D: Last time you were here you were saying you kinda caught up
watching dvd's  with her, hung out...
C: Yeah we did (giggles)
D: Yeah, not bad. You're gettin' ready to kick off your own tour in
July. This is HUGE! What is going to be different from your own tour compared to what you just did with Kelly?
C: Well, umm, probably the obvious. Kelly's not gonna be out.
We're gonna change things up a bit. Change some songs that we didn't have on the tour last time, ummm will be on some stuff on the album that I didn't do last time...we'll do those...and we'll take away some stuff. So the set will be different. Umm, the visual will be different. We had a really good formula, I think, last time.  It was about the music; it wasn't about the production or whatnot, so we're gonna try to have success with the same formula agan this time.
D: OK great, now Invisible first video to retire from the countdown;
The Way today is Day 50 for that. It's retiring from the countdown. Did you ever think that going through this whole American Idol process that you would be in the TRL retirement home with the likes of Britney Spears, NSYNCH, Eminem is in there.
C: Well, I have, well uh...Absolutely not...It's been just about a
year now...umm since the whole thing happened, you know, and ahh...never would have guessed at any point that I would have this much success. But then as you, as you, you know, on the tail end of the show, the fans who've been so ridiculously supportive (fans in studio cheer) and I'm not a bit surprised as they have (loud applause drowns him out) that much say (? not sure here...applause and Damien
 talk over him)
D: We're about to show you a couple right now. What's next for you in
terms of videos? Because obviously people of the Clay Nation aren't gonna have a video to watch on TRL everyday. What are we gonna....(Clay laughs)
C: Laughing....they can let their voting fingers rest little...rest
awhile. You know Solitaire came out on the B sid of The Way and had alot of success with that so we're working on it. I don't know if there will be a video for it or not. Ahmm, but I, to be honest with you I don't know what the next single will be, what the next video will be. Ahmm, I'm in the studio now working on a Christmas album, so that's been the focus and then this tour's coming up. So, ah, we might have a little break on the video for just a little bit.
D: OK, a little breathing room for that tour. Good luck by the way
with that tour this summer.
C: Thank you very much.
D: Thank you very much for calling in. Let's take a look back at
Clay's run on the countdown followed by the way (Clay's says thank you) one last time on TRL. Clay Thanks!

They then show snippets of Clay introducing The Way and parts of
video and different guests and fans talking about Clay and The Way. Showed Elija Wood, Frankie Muniz, that Anderson fella (black comic), Kelly Clarkson saying "there's nobody else like him!) Yeah we already knew that Kelly!

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Aiken News Network (ANN)  |  2004 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK MAY 21

gfxgfx
gfx