gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229519 Posts in 2574 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay March 28, 2024, 01:06:11 PM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Got Clay?  |  Clay Daily  |  Welcome! New "Official" Forum Discussion
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Welcome! New "Official" Forum Discussion  (Read 41805 times)

pepe

• Claymaniac
Re: Welcome! New "Official" Forum Discussion
« Reply #75 on: March 22, 2010, 04:02:50 PM »
Not being a computer wizard I don't know all the ins and outs of it but Pamela mentioned keeping the other Claymanaics locked and that way we can go back and read what we want there.  If that is true why is it necessary to copy everything and bring it here which would give us duplicate.  Like SHARON said the pages are turning so fast with great speed and wonder if that will stop if we continue to bring more info here on this new site.

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #76 on: March 22, 2010, 04:04:47 PM »
Loving the new digs.  8) I agree it's a new beginning for Claymaniacs like it's a new beginning for Clay!!!

Ditto on what Sharon said. Thanks MIchael, Pamela and Michelle and a big thanks for everyone saving the threads as well!!! ;D ;D ;D

I thought Lindsey said she saved the smileys. Thanks Lindsey if you did.

I PM'ed Michelle on the old board about some avie help but didn't hear from her yet. I know if Clandy was here she would big a big help with this. I tried to upload a new avie but it didn't work and said it was too big. I have no idea how to resize it. Don't have Photobucket anymore.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 08:24:07 PM by Tiffany »

Sundancer

• Claymaniac
  • Goddess of Snark
« Reply #77 on: March 22, 2010, 04:06:17 PM »
Not being a computer wizard I don't know all the ins and outs of it but Pamela mentioned keeping the other Claymanaics locked and that way we can go back and read what we want there.  If that is true why is it necessary to copy everything and bring it here which would give us duplicate.  Like SHARON said the pages are turning so fast with great speed and wonder if that will stop if we continue to bring more info here on this new site.
It's so we can have one complete, intact board, Pepe. This way, people won't have to go looking for the old Claymaniacs board to find info pertaining to Clay that happened before this week. ;)
To look at me, you may be wrong. I've been through this--it made me strong.
I believed that I would find an open door or a light to lead me to the other side.

pepe

• Claymaniac
« Reply #78 on: March 22, 2010, 04:15:13 PM »
Thanks, you are right.  There I go again just thinking of the Claymaniacs.  I am sure the vistors wouldn't know to go or be able to go to the old site and see what fun we  had and all of the members that meant so much to us. 

fhmmany2

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #79 on: March 22, 2010, 08:00:54 PM »
Our internet went down  today just as I was moving the ANN threads here - it is always something!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #80 on: March 22, 2010, 09:21:07 PM »
Our internet went down  today just as I was moving the ANN threads here - it is always something!!!

{{{hugs}}}
ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

WilsonClaymate

• Enthusiastic
  • The way you make me feel
« Reply #81 on: March 22, 2010, 10:28:43 PM »
I have Critical Mass 1-6 saved.  There is still a lot left, but I'll get there eventually.

Michael, Pamela & Michelle - thanks to all of you for all your hard work in getting this site up and running.
"For me he's not a hobby, he's not an obsession, he's a joy, something that makes me happy..."    ~cc777

fhmmany2

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #82 on: March 23, 2010, 09:53:02 AM »
I thought the locked Site would eventually be gone? If not, it would have been a great idea to have just left it there  (maybe that would cost money every year?) - I am a little disappointed that the threads are not crossing over complete (as no photos), but having text only is better than nothing.

I have been thinking about the older ANNs - maybe it is time to send them to the Archives so that they will not interfere with the current ANNs???? I am out the door to get some business things done - to meet with our CPA to send the 2009 taxes off, for one thing - but I plan to spend the afternoon moving
ANNs. I don't want to move a lot of them if Moderators are going to have to delete them or move them somewhere else (such as Archives) later. I will check in here before moving any more!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #83 on: March 24, 2010, 12:41:21 AM »
Still working on JNT 05- only a little bit left to go.
Then I tackle the JBT.

fhmmany2

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #84 on: March 24, 2010, 09:34:24 AM »
Marilyn - (and other News Team members) - I am waiting for further word before moving the old ANNs. There are 2,000 days to move, and if I move just a part of them every day, the current ANN will be buried every day! For now, the ANNs are safe on my computer and on Philly's computer, so they will get moved some day.  I am sure Michael and the Moderators are working on other things, so for now I am not doing anything - just wanted to let someone know. I will be busy next week with Spring Break (grandchildren will be here) and company from out of State, so I will not be here at all.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #85 on: March 24, 2010, 09:42:52 AM »
Its all good Frankie-what I am doing is in the Archives, and I plan to put it back exactly in order, so I won't be bumping anyone
I sure hope I can finish before the next tour so that wont be bumped  :D

As for the news, there was none posted yesterday so I just posted something I read. Lets hope that there will be no blank days from now on.
As long as you and Philly have the threads, there should not be a problem putting them in later. Creating a news archive sounds good.

Moonshot

• Administrator
  • Claymaniac
  • Yes. I AM a sexy beast.
« Reply #86 on: March 24, 2010, 10:31:39 AM »

The other site is locked so new people won't register there only to be confused/disappointed in a couple weeks when it disappears. He also wanted everyone to go ahead and start using this new place. Michael is being extremely generous in allowing us the time he is in getting what we want moved to this new site. The old site won't always be there, it will be gone and we won't be able to go back and read or copy.

I PM'ed Michelle on the old board about some avie help but didn't hear from her yet. I know if Clandy was here she would big a big help with this. I tried to upload a new avie but it didn't work and said it was too big. I have no idea how to resize it. Don't have Photobucket anymore.

I'm sorry I wasn't fast enough in responding, Tiffany. I realize with this move there are going to be a lot of people needing assistance with getting everything squared away. Yes, I'm sure Clandy would have been a huge help if she was still here but since she isn't I'm doing the best I can to get to everyone. I'm hurt that people feel I'm not doing enough to help or can't help or that I'm not responding quick enough to requests. I am able to help anyone who needs it, if everyone is a little patient I will eventually get to everyone's help request. I can do whatever is necessary to get an avie made, sized, posted, etc. Right now my time is extremely limited due to numerous real life commitments. Every free moment I have I spend here so please be patient.

I see you now have an avie. Do you still need assistance or are you all set?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 10:36:52 AM by Moonshot »
Sometimes I think my whole life is spent in one long effort to escape the commonplaces of existence ~ Sherlock Holmes

fhmmany2

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #87 on: March 24, 2010, 11:48:10 AM »
Michelle - I'm sure everyone here knows that you are swamped and we all appreciate everything you have done and are continuing to do. No one has ever mentioned it, but it seems that you have been the only Moderator for a long time - I do not know how you have managed to do all that you have done (Put applause emoticon here!!! )

Thank you for creating the ANN Archive. Now I can work on that without disturbing anyone. I did go to the "Emergency" site and wrote down all of the dates of the ANNs that are there (there are about  6 weeks of ANNs over there.) Since I can now work at  a pace that won't disturb what anyone else is doing, I will add those dates as I get to them. I will repost the three days I put into the regular ANN into the Archives - when you have time, please delete those 3 days. (I would do it myself, but I don't think I can).

Sundancer

• Claymaniac
  • Goddess of Snark
« Reply #88 on: March 24, 2010, 12:31:53 PM »
Michelle - I'm sure everyone here knows that you are swamped and we all appreciate everything you have done and are continuing to do. No one has ever mentioned it, but it seems that you have been the only Moderator for a long time - I do not know how you have managed to do all that you have done (Put applause emoticon here!!! )
What she said! <little applause guy>
To look at me, you may be wrong. I've been through this--it made me strong.
I believed that I would find an open door or a light to lead me to the other side.

clayharmony

• ANN News Team
  • Enthusiastic
  • When You Wish Upon a Star...
« Reply #89 on: March 24, 2010, 12:57:10 PM »
What she said! <little applause guy>

Add me to your list of admirers...you are terrific...and I am grateful to you and to all who make this site our lovely Clay fan home!
Clay's jois de vivre gladdens my heart;
his spiritual consciousness and musical gifts bring  harmony to my soul.

What is beautiful is a joy for all seasons...

Life is a Song ~ Love is the Music

ClayManiacs.com  |  Got Clay?  |  Clay Daily  |  Welcome! New "Official" Forum Discussion

gfxgfx
gfx