gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229519 Posts in 2574 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay March 28, 2024, 04:11:12 PM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Got Clay?  |  Clay Daily  |  Welcome! New "Official" Forum Discussion
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Welcome! New "Official" Forum Discussion  (Read 41862 times)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
Re: Welcome! New "Official" Forum Discussion
« Reply #60 on: March 22, 2010, 02:59:12 AM »
WELL I AM HERE TOO, JUST POSTED IN CRITICAL MASS AND AIKEN NEWS NETWORK-A NICE REVIEW FROM A GUY AT THE PBS SHOW.
THIS IS WONDERFUL-THANK YOU MICHAEL.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 03:24:15 AM by Marilyn »
ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #61 on: March 22, 2010, 03:23:52 AM »
SO I JUST BROUGHT OVER ONE OF MANY "TOPICS" FROM THE INDEPENDENT TOUR.
I HAD ORIGINALLY SAVED THESE AS COPY AND PASTE TO A WORD DOC, BUT THE POSTERS AND THE DATES ARE GOOD- LET ME KNOW IF ITS EASY TO READ. THANKS

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #62 on: March 22, 2010, 03:35:05 AM »
ME AGAIN. I KNOW THAT I CAN ONLY COPY AND PASTE THE TOPICS I SAVED AS A WORD DOC. CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW I CAN REPOST THE ONES I SAVED AS AN HTML DOC?

i FIND I AM LOSING THE PICTURES IN EACH POST WHEN I REPOST THEM TO THIS BOARD. IS THIS INEVITABLE OR DO I HAVE TO SAVE EACH PICT TO MY PHOTOBUCKET AND THEN POST IT ON THE PAGE?

PHILLYLUVSCLAY

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #63 on: March 22, 2010, 09:42:32 AM »
Philly - I did just save everything from October 1, 2008 to December 31, 2008 that was on the locked site. There are 6 weeks (October 2-November 19) that are on the emergency site. I provided a link to that ANN when we got back "home" after that 6 weeks, when Claymaniacs was down. I will go over and retrieve those ANNs some day (or someone else can), but I assume they are safe on the emergency site for now.

If I understand you, there are about 6 months of ANNs from 2009 to copy - I will work on that tomorrow, unless you want to do them yourself (or we could share!) For now, I have had enough of copying this weekend - I will start to bring ANNs over here this week as time allows.

We can share, it's whatever you want to do Frankie.

Sundancer

• Claymaniac
  • Goddess of Snark
« Reply #64 on: March 22, 2010, 09:50:05 AM »
Michelle,

I'll send you all the threads I saved, so you can do what you need to with them. If you want me to do more, just let me know. ;D
To look at me, you may be wrong. I've been through this--it made me strong.
I believed that I would find an open door or a light to lead me to the other side.

fhmmany2

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #65 on: March 22, 2010, 11:37:46 AM »
Philly - I think (If I am reading your posts correctly) that only January-May 2009 are left to be saved for the ANN (I will check your prior posts of the locked site to make sure). I assume you are at work today, so I will go start at January 2009, and will work backward. (Or forward?)

Marilyn - I am going to start moving the ANNs over today if I have time. I saved the first months in Word by copying and pasting - I hope someone answers your question about the files saved in HTML before I get to those. There is no way I can save each individual photo posted in the ANN the last 7 years, but at least the Clay information will be brought over. I plan to post the year first in the date - not sure if this will make the years align correctly, but if not, at least readers will see right away that they are reading an older ANN.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 11:48:11 AM by fhmmany2 »

Lorilovesgolf

• Enthusiastic
« Reply #66 on: March 22, 2010, 12:13:45 PM »
Times is not working for me - it is 3  hours behind.  Can I change it somewhere?

Never mind, I fixed it!!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 12:15:27 PM by Lorilovesgolf »

fhmmany2

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #67 on: March 22, 2010, 12:27:39 PM »
Lori - go into your profile - into "Look and Layout". Click on "Auto Detect" and yout time will be corrected.

Philly - January 1 - May 31 2009 ANNs have been saved.

PHILLYLUVSCLAY

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #68 on: March 22, 2010, 12:39:41 PM »
Okay, what of 2008 has not been for ANN?

fhmmany2

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #69 on: March 22, 2010, 02:25:46 PM »
Everything in 2008 on the locked site has been saved. As I said last night, there are ANNs on the emergency site from the two times that the regular site was down, but those will be O.K. there (they have been there for years!!!) and they can always be moved later. I think everything from the locked site is saved. I am about to go over and see how moving Threads to this site goes.................

fhmmany2

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #70 on: March 22, 2010, 02:41:07 PM »
I just posted the first two ANNs from 2003 - they are pushing the current ANNs to the back, and Avie photos are not showing up even though these were copied and pasted into Word. Original poster is shown once you open the Thread, but I am shown as the person posting now (because I am). Is there anything I can do to correct this???

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #71 on: March 22, 2010, 02:48:03 PM »
I Dont think you can change it, Frankie, its how I have to post if you copy and paste. I am trying to do the oldest tour first and go from there- replicating it exactlly as it was. You will have to try to do it in date order, not here and there.
The pictures of the avi's will not come over, but you have the poster name- I deleted the number of posts and the phrase underneath for the sake of continuity and space. At least the poster is acknowledged and the date the post was made. I think that is the main thing.

ETA: I just looked at the post, and you can delete the word "enthusiastic" the number of posts, the "logged in etc" at the bottom of each post.
Maybe Michelle, Pamela or Michael have some other tips to help?? I know how buy they are.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 02:52:17 PM by Marilyn »

fhmmany2

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #72 on: March 22, 2010, 02:56:07 PM »
Marilyn - I'm not too worried about all of that "little stuff" showing up, but I am worried about the current ANNs being moved down - I am going to post in order beginning with the oldest - but what about the ANNs that are being added every day? Maybe Michael of one of the Moderators will know how to make the current ANNs move to the top.

mrs. c.

• Claymaniac
  • Clay's Buttercup
« Reply #73 on: March 22, 2010, 03:13:26 PM »
Michael, Pamela and Michelle, thanks again for your tireless efforts to make this transition so seamless ;D loving the speed of the new site, pretty slick ;D
Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #74 on: March 22, 2010, 04:01:14 PM »
Marilyn - I'm not too worried about all of that "little stuff" showing up, but I am worried about the current ANNs being moved down - I am going to post in order beginning with the oldest - but what about the ANNs that are being added every day? Maybe Michael of one of the Moderators will know how to make the current ANNs move to the top.

I am sure that someone will be able to fix that.

ClayManiacs.com  |  Got Clay?  |  Clay Daily  |  Welcome! New "Official" Forum Discussion

gfxgfx
gfx