gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229532 Posts in 2574 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay March 29, 2024, 08:51:42 AM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Aiken News Network (ANN)  |  2004 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK MAY 19
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 2004 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK MAY 19  (Read 1992 times)

fhmmany2

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
2004 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK MAY 19
« on: March 26, 2010, 03:59:31 PM »
 Author  Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK MAY 19  (Read 1647 times) 

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

AIKEN NEWS NETWORK MAY 19
« on: May 18, 2004, 11:50:33 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clay is going to Broadway! 

Clay will be performing a duet with Heather Headley (his RCA label mate) on Monday, May 24th, at her concert benefiting the Children & Families Initiative of Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS.  Special guests include Adam Pascal, Norm Lewis, and The Broadway Inspirational Voices.

MORE INFO

HEATHER HEADLEY

Report to moderator    Logged 

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2004, 11:52:20 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TRL said today that Clay would be stopping by on Thursday…retirement day for The Way!  Let’s bang those boards - Vote The Way up to #1!  Here's what the TRL website says about Thursday May 20 --

--Thursday 5.20 -- We know you’ve been aching to know what the number one video is, so don't wait any longer! --

‘Aching to know?’  Could this be a hint, a premonition, a prediction?!?  Or am I just in need of more sleep?  Cross everything for luck!

And vote!  The phone number is 1-800-DIAL-MTV (1-800-342-5688). Vote online all day -- http://www.mtv.com/onair/trl/vote/

Bang those boards! And thanX!

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2004, 12:42:46 AM »   

Request Clay at RadioMaxMusic! 

RMM will produce a weekly All Request Show that will air at 8PM Fri-Sun. Go to www.radiomaxmusic.com and click on the ‘Listen’ button on the top left side of the page. 

Request at request@radiomaxmusic.biz

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2004, 12:43:56 AM »   

"American Idol: The Phenomenon”

...airs Sunday May 23 at 9:00 pm EST.  This one-hour special will take a look at how the series has grown into the No.1-rated show among Adults 18-49 for the 2003-2004 season. It will look back at the past three seasons, how it all began, and how the show has grown. Hosted by Ryan Seacrest on FOX. 

TV RULES

clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2004, 05:13:11 AM »   

I like a good chuckle early in the morning and this SPOOF did it for today:

Clay Aiken and William Hung to Record a Duet Together
   Written by Panndyra

Clay Aiken and William Hung: A Duet Made in Manufactured Pop-Idol Heaven!

In a move that's rocked the music industry to its core, Clay Aiken and William Hung have joined pop culture forces to perform a duet together. It's been dubbed, She Bangs...Her Head Against the Wall Because That Would Be Less Painful Listening to This Crap by artistes and industry aficionados.

"Doesn't the American Idol franchise already have enough money? My God! Some people are so greedy!" Donald Trump announced today from his penthouse apartment at Trump Towers while devouring some caviar.

He also denied being behind the manufactured-pop merger saying, "I'm not really good at mergers. Remember my last two marriages. Hell, what am I thinking? I'm getting married again. I am such an idiot. At least the Vatican is making me a Saint
and I have the number #1 show on television.

Simon Cowell had this to say, "Not since the Spice Girls has music taken such a low-brow turn. Of course, it means more money in my pocket. Who cares about talent? After the voting this season, we sure know America doesn't."

Ryan Seacrest, the host of American Idol had this to say, "Well, I have such respect for Clay's talent. He is my favorite idol. I think he's being really savvy to align himself with William Hung right now. Call me, Clay."

Randy Jackson commented, "Dawg, I mean it's jus' gonna be aiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. I mean it's like you know and you know. William Hung and Clay Aiken, dude and dudesssssssss. Keepin' it real." To figure out what he meant, check this out.

Paula Abdul had no comment. She was still busy crying because they voted LaToya London off the show last week.

Attempts to contact William Hung got his answering machine which has a lovely version of Shake your Bon-Bon done a cappella.

Look for the new single to drop when hell freezes over.

THE SPOOF

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak

clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2004, 05:19:39 AM »   

Judging the Idol Judges
by Terrie Rosas (2004/05/18)

Clay Aiken revisited the American Idol stage last week, sporting the gravitas of a post-graduate mentor seasoned by real world experience who returns to his alma mater to deliver an uplifting commencement address. During Tuesday’s show, LaToya London opined that being one of the Final Four was achievement enough to launch her singing career. On Wednesday night Clay ratified her declaration of independence, not just by echoing her words but as the living embodiment of them. If Ruben Studdard was valedictorian of the class of 2003, Clay was its candidate most likely to succeed, a distinction discerned by LaToya and Fantasia Barrino, who likewise proclaimed herself a winner regardless of her third place showing.

The American Idol judges and the victor’s crown are losing luster; the contestants recognize it and the audience is discovering it. However, timing is everything and the difference between Clay giving voice to such mutiny and LaToya doing so was not one day but one year. At this same point in 2003, Clay did not publicly predict his own success and was too busy honing his craft to presume it. The coming year may vindicate LaToya, but she has not yet earned the right to celebrate, as last week’s voting probably reflects. Unlike Clay, LaToya is leaving without the devotion of a fervent fan base or the stature of a second place finalist who suffered the narrowest of defeats, both of which afforded Clay unusual control over his career decisions. I wish LaToya well and hope someday she teams up with George Huff to re-record Where Is the Love, the Roberta Flack-Donny Hathaway duet.

The judges, who rarely disagree any more, set the ho-hum tone of each show. Even cheerleader-in-chief Paula Abdul seems bored and battle-weary. Simon Cowell, whose last word used to serve as the voters’ command, appears less like an idol maker these days and more like a cranky talk show pundit. He still has that remarkable golden ear for pop music but a tenaciously tin ear for the spoken word. Randy Jackson seems to remember occasionally that gratuitous attacks, however amusing, can be counterproductive and hurtful. After John Stevens’ penultimate performance, Randy paid John a personal compliment before offering professional criticism, a constructive example that Simon followed… up to a point. Unfortunately, Simon could not resist adding that John resembles Stan Laurel, a dead comic actor who portrayed a clueless fool. The audience registered its disapproval by voting to advance John to the next round as Jennifer Hudson was eliminated.
(snip)

BEAVERS ON IDOL

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak

clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2004, 05:23:37 AM »   

Tuesday, May 18, 2004 - 05:22:07 pm EDT

'American Idol' uniting the world ... sort of

I never really knew the power of the Internet until I wrote a column last week about "American Idol."

People in Malaysia, Canada and the Ukraine wrote me about the column.

I got to the 60th e-mail and stopped counting.

Needless to say, the response was overwhelming -- but enlightening.

After last week's incomprehensible rejection -- and ejection -- of 25-year-old LaToya London, we all await Wednesday's next victim.

Will it be the most-improved 16-year-old Diana DeGarmo? The 19-year-old lone diva Fantasia Barrino?Or the achy-shaky 17-year-old Jasmine Trias?

While viewers root and vote for their "favorite," I am still hoping Fantasia will take it all. But, for some reason, the image of Diana's "Idol" victory keeps playing over and over in my mind. And, actually, I'm fine with that, too. But please, anybody but Trias, and I'll revisit that later.

However, I do want to thank all who took the time to respond to this very important matter.

Never mind that prisoners are being tortured in Iraq, or that gasoline prices are shooting up to the sky. The outcome of "American Idol" is the burning issue at the forefront here.

Several disagreed that race has anything to do with the way the voting has gone lately. I mean, Ruben Studdard, a black man, did beat out the beloved Clay Aiken, a white guy, you all pointed out.

Sure, Ruben got the crown, but, come on, who really won?

While I was rooting for Ruben, I just knew Clay had it in the bag.

Personally, I think Ruben resembles rhythm and blues crooner Luther Vandross, but we already have a Luther.

Clay, who has the perfect voice for Broadway and theatrical productions, has a sound that's more versatile and a personality that has won many over.

Therefore, in months past, the "real" "American Idol" from last season has proven himself over and over again, hasn't he?

This time around, many of you point to the age of the voters as the deciding factor.
(snip)
SALISBURYPOST

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2004, 01:55:10 PM »   

Clay Aiken Gets Firm Management Deal

By Melinda Newman, L.A.
May 18, 2004, 7:00 PM ET

"American Idol" second-season runner-up Clay Aiken has switched management companies from 19 Entertainment to the Firm. Jeff Rabhan and Simon Renshaw are his key managers at the Los Angeles-based company, which will now rep him for music, film and TV.

Aiken remains on the road with first season "AI" winner Kelly Clarkson through Sept. 19. His RCA debut, "Measure of a Man," has sold 2.5 million units in the United States since its release last fall, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

19 Entertainment, which is helmed by "AI" creator Simon Fuller, could not be reached for comment by press time.

BILLBOARD BIZ (subscription required)

The tentative release date for Clay's Christmas CD, is October 12.

PAUSE AND PLAY

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Aiken News Network (ANN)  |  2004 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK MAY 19

gfxgfx
gfx