gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229519 Posts in 2574 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay March 28, 2024, 04:52:06 PM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Got Clay?  |  Clay Daily  |  Clay in Magazines - Dates and Details
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Clay in Magazines - Dates and Details  (Read 9395 times)

clayobsessed

• Admirer
Clay in Magazines - Dates and Details
« on: March 25, 2010, 09:43:16 PM »
Author      Topic: Clay in Magazines - Dates and Details  (Read 70791 times)
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

View Profile Email Personal Message (Online)

Clay in Magazines - Dates and Details
« on: June 09, 2004, 11:38:02 AM »
I thought I would start a thread for magazine collectors to post what they find in magazines - this may help others decide whether they want a magazine or not. Magazines sometimes cost a lot now, and I think we can help each other with this. There have been precious few articles this summer (I'm ready for another magazine cover), but here is what I have found so far:

US Weekly - May 31, 2004
Page 87 - 3" by 3" prom picture of Clay with his date, Jennifer Myers.

Entertainment Weekly - June 4, 2004
Page 82 - Half-page article by Chris Willman on making the Sex Pistols movie. Thumb-nail picture of Clay from AI2 days, and a small attempt at humour by the author. Page 83 - Review of Tamyra Gray's CD. Small mention - "It doesn't showcase her voice as strongly as Clay Aiken's and Kelly Clarkson's entries did".

J-14 - July 2004
Page 8 - 3" by 5" picutre of Kelly and Clay at Seaworld with the beluga whale. Page 35 - 4" by &7" article and picture of Clay (GREAT SMILE, black shirt, black pants) talking about AI3. Page 108 - Monthly Poll - Clay #4 for Tops In Pops - Up from #5 in June (You can vote every month at readers-picks@j14.com, or mail the coupon that is in the magazine).

Tiger Beat - July 2004
Pages 28 & 29 - Pictures of Clay and his Mom to match to each other. Pin-Up Section - 8" by 10" picture of Clay on a bike - This has been in a magazine before, but not as a pin-up.

Twist - July 2004
Page 61 Ten Best Makeovers - 3" by 6" picture of Clay "After" 1" by 2" picture of Clay "Before". One line quote from Clay about confidence.
   Report to moderator   Logged
Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
STEPHANIE1130

Good Idea!
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2004, 12:29:44 PM »
:D I think that's a great idea!I know how expensive magazines are today & it kinda gets tough keeping up with buying them all when sometimes they only contain 1 or 2 little pics or a mention in an article!If I come across anything that might be helpful I will post it & let everyone know!Thanks again! :)
ANGELA
Enthusiastic

A FAN FROM MASSACHUSETTS SUPPORTING CLAY 110%

View Profile Personal Message (Online)

MAGAZINE COLLECTORS - WHAT'S IN THE MAGAZINES?
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2004, 12:48:09 PM »
I am with Stephanie on this idea for a thread.fhmmany, This is a super  idea, this will help us determine if we should or should not spend the  $$$ on a magazines.  It may help us save $$$$ for upcoming concert tickets.

GOOD THINKING fhmmany!!

Angela
"BE HAPPY,TRY YOUR BEST & LET GOD TAKE CARE OF THE REST"
"LIZ, JULIE, JJ & CAROL OUR 4 SHINING ANGELS" "SUPPORTING CLAY 110% SINCE DAY ONE"    "
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

greenlaw125
View Profile Email Personal Message (Offline)

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2004, 01:26:52 PM »
I also think this sounds like a fine idea, so I just made this topic a "Sticky".

Thanks, fhmmany 2!!!

Deanna
Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

View Profile WWW Email Personal Message (Offline)

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2004, 03:20:52 PM »
This is a great idea!  Thanks fhmmany2 and Deanna for stickying.

Just for your information, and in case you aren't aware, the CLAY IN PRINT thread lists this information current up until April I believe.

Be sure and check your local used book stores and libraries, as many of them will carry magazines that are a couple or more months old. Sometimes you can score a real treasure if you just scavenge around a little bit!

Or am I the only one who likes to scavenge in used book stores...?   Wink:
ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2004, 05:06:08 PM »
with so many teen/pop magazines at Wal*Mart they all seem like a blur. But there's one i saw today. I think it's called Pop Star. Clay is shown inside during a radio interview. nothing much else is said...except the caption "Clay Aiken appears to be laughing hysterically...he's certainly not invisible". within the magazine they have a Clay vs. JC article. i'll paraphrase the comment from JC: 'I don't mean to make the kid's mad but i don't think i can take another Clay Aiken record' . the editor or whoever appears to take up for Clay with their response.

so, if you want the magazine for the picture of Clay laughing with the radio headphones on and wearing glasses, go out and track it down.
Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
ClayObsessed
Claycrazy

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2004, 03:15:13 AM »
   Reply with quote Modify message Remove message
What a GREAT idea fhmmany2.

I too buy the magazines and since I don't get around too well,
and my son and daughter-in-law (and don't forget the neighbors),
are not too anxious to search the store shelves for me any more,
I rely on getting them direct from the publishers as back issues.
I even buy from Ebay when I have to.

CAN YOU IMAGINE, ANYONE NOT BEING  ANXIOUS TO LOOK FOR
CLAY IN THE MAGAZINES? Wink:

So the reviews would be especially helpful to me.  There must
be others like me who get the mags late, so I was wondering if
you want any reviews for earlier than the beginning of May.

Again what a wonderful idea this is.

shirl
   Report to moderator   209.86.4.9
HEAVEN has arrived at the Joyful Noise 2005 Tour Nov 8th
I kissed Clay's cheek
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

greenlaw125

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2004, 03:15:55 AM »
Quote from: Jeannette
Popstar's being good to us again--there's another fullpage pic of Clay.  He's in the same light blue shirt with the white tee, but a different pose, one I had never seen before, impossibly cuddly and bedroomy.  I think he must know by now how much we love those green eyes--he seems to have them more wide open on recent pics.  Yummy!
Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2004, 09:02:42 PM »
I've found a few more. Instead of posting these with my first post, I'm just going with today's date - is this what I should do? I missed the fact that there was already information in the "Clay In Print" Thread, because the date never changed - I thought it was an old thread (I would have just added to the information there, if I had known it was still active.) Anyway, here are a few more magazines - the Teen magazines are not usually worth the price to me (they may be to someone who wants every printed word about Clay), but I'm glad to know that the teen mags still have him in there even when he is taking a little time off.

BOP - June 2004
Page 29 - "4 Eyes" Small article about celebrities who sometimes wear glases. 1" by 2" picture of Clay with glasses. (Britney Spear's picture is a little bigger than the others).

BOP - July 2004
Page 5 - Clay at Disneyworld in the small car with his friend.
Page 53 - "Hot Boys of Summer" - "Clay Aiken - Hot Southern Boy" (Yes He Is!) - Light Blue Denim Shirt, Yellow T-Shirt, That Wonderful Smile.

M - June 2004
Page 9 - Star Scrapbook - Another small picture of Clay, Kelly, and the Whale at Seaworld.
Page 23 - "Whose Butt Is This" (I'm Not Joking) Match Clay's face with a shot of his backside (I'm just reporting what is there).
Page 56 - Unscramble The Stars - Unscramble Clay's Name - The Hint is "I'm Pals With Kelly Clarkson".

Pop Star - July 2004
Page 7 - Clay laughting, wearing earphones, 3" by 5" picture.
Page 10 - JC vs. Clay - 2" by 2" photo of Clay - Quote from Jc Chasez (WHO?) knocking Clay - Clay refused to respond (because he has Class).
Page 27 - Hot Hits - Music Reviews - No Review of the Way/Solitaire, but a small picture of the CD Cover in "Also Totally Tight" Section.
Pin-Up Section - As mentioned Above, 8" by 10" picture of Clay, light blue shirt, white T-Shirt (serious THUD Alert), Kelly's pin-up on next page.
NOTE: AI3 Finalists on large 16" by 20" pin-up.
Page 92 - Address of Clay's Fan Club.
Page 95 - Sketch of Clay sent in by a Fan.

Is it confusing to have the new magazines put in on down the line rather than with the original post? Opinions, Please!
Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
STEPHANIE1130

I'm on the lookout!
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2004, 09:21:14 PM »
:D I haven't looked at any magazines lately!I was at Wal-Mart the other night and like it was said before they have so many magazines,it's kinda hard to look through them all without packing a lunch LOL!So,I am on the look out I should be going to the store and I will look & report!
Jeannette

mags
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2004, 02:03:29 AM »
This is a great idea!  Thanks so much!  It's great to have everyone looking for the articles--I bought the Popstar and was so mezmerized by the pinup that I didn't even notice the other five Clay things. 

The mags really are expensive, but I guess I'm addicted to them, so I'll probably keep on getting them.  But it's great to have the info to know which are the best ones.
Jeannette

Popstar contests
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2004, 02:07:21 AM »
I posted this on the Got Clay forum, but just thought I'd mention that the teen mags have lots of contests, sometimes with Clay things as prizes.  I just entered one that had 5 autographed Clay photos as prizes in Popstar.
Jeannette

oops!
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2004, 02:16:33 AM »
Oops, that was the N & A forum, not Got Clay--sorry.
STEPHANIE1130

Popstar 2004!
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2004, 04:41:55 PM »
:D I too found that POPSTAR edition with the pin-up & kelly's pin-up!And the magazine with the picture of him laughing with the earphones as mentioned above!Other then that  I haven't come across anything!I'll keep looking.......

Have a nice night everyone! :)
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2004, 07:49:58 PM »
Clay Obsessed asked if we could go back and review older magazines, since she gets most of hers from ebay. I sent her a message and told her I would be glad to send her the reviews a few at a time - I've been meaning to do an inventory of my magazines, and this will get me started. Unless they are a cover magazine, I can't look at them and tell what's inside, and it's hard to go back and find favorite articles. I don't know if anybody else would be interested in doing this, too, but if you would, I'm sure she would appreciate it - if enough people would be interested, the reviews could just be posted here - if you want to review a magazine, just announce its name  and publication date so we won't all be writing about the same one.
Jeannette

Great idea!
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2004, 03:43:49 AM »
fhmmany2--reviewing the magazines is such a great idea!  And thanks a million for all the info!  Especially the page numbers--I went to WalMart today and was able to find all the mags in a short time, bought five of them.  Without all the good info I would have missed so many good things!

The pic on page 35 of J-14 with Clay's opinions on AI3 was a new one, kind of different, a little snarky with that adorable little smile.  Glad to have it!

Thanks again  :!:
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2004, 01:26:20 PM »
I just got my Collegiate Standard Commerative Magazine - It is 19 pages of Wonderful. Although it has to be purchased through ebay or a private seller, I thought I would do a short review of it anyway. This is what is in the Table of Contents:

Page 4 - I Worked Hard To Be a Teacher
Page 5 - Clay! Can You Sing? - article by Priscilla Brame
Page 5 - Clay and the Metra School - pictures wuth captions
Page 6 - What the Hell You Doin? - article by Fred Spooner
Page 7 - I Thought: I Have To Watch This Kid - article by Cheryl Young
Page 7 - UNC Charlotte's Idol In The Finals
Page 9 - Roommate With A View - article by Amy Pusey (I didn't know Clay had a girl roommate in school).
Page 11 - We Are The Potter - You Are The Clay - 4 Makeover Pictures
Page 12 - The Improbable Idol From UNC Charlotte
Page 14 - Wonderful Ambassador - article by Nancy Cooke
Page 14 - Clay's Clayllegiate Standards
Page 15 - The Hardest Working Man
Page 16 - Can Clay Survive the Demons of Fame? - article by Jeff Stewart
Page 18 - Wouldn't Miss It For the World
Page 19 - It's Great To Be Back!

If I counted correctly, there are 59 pictures of Clay on the front, back, and inside of this magazine. Mine cost me $15 plus $6 postage, but it is the best Clay magazine I've ever seen, and I already have a lot of them.
STEPHANIE1130

nothing major!
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2004, 03:44:17 PM »
Hi everyone!
Nothing majore but the June 18,2004 edition of Entertainment Weekly on page 87!Has a small paragraph mentioning Clay & William Hung that they sold the same number of albums in the last week of May!The paragraph is titled "Star Crossed Idols" and there is no pic,just his name!Thought I would pass it along!

Have a great night! :D
Michele

« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2004, 05:34:04 PM »
fhmmany2, this is a great idea!   :D

I don't have anything to add but would like to share a link I found:

http://www.pax-et-animo.net/mags.html

They have the following posted:

These scans  are provided as a resource for the Clay Nation and are brought to you by the many generous fans of Clay who have taken the time to provide scans of their magazines to share with others. We hope they will help you with obtaining and organizing your own collections.  If you have a recent magazine that you do not see here, we would be most grateful if you could send a quality scan to

For older articles it states to go to Clayphotos.com but of course we know that is gone.    :(

To read the clip you click on the image to enlarge.   :D

Michele
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2004, 06:49:58 AM »
FYI

Clay is in the July issue of M Magazine. There is a poster inside - with this pic:  EW BIKE PIC (I haven't seen it, but found this info on another board!)

clayobsessed

• Admirer
Re: Clay in Magazines - Dates and Details
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 09:47:50 PM »
Author      Topic: Clay in Magazines - Dates and Details  (Read 70793 times)
STEPHANIE1130

Got It!
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2004, 02:18:40 PM »
My uncle bought the M magazine last night for me just incase he was in there!Good thing he did LOL! :D
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2004, 12:58:16 PM »
My husband & I are on a mini-trip, and I've found a few more magazines.I did buy the July M - thank you, Pamela for the heads up about the 8' by 10" picture - it is the same photo shoot of the bike picture in the July issue of Tiger Beat, but not the same picture. In addition I found:

Blast! - #02-2004 (No Month)
Cover - 2" by 3" picture of Clay with Ruben
Page 16 - "Ultimate Guide To Summer Shows" - Picture of Kelly Clarkson, quote from Clay about the Independent Tour.
Page 53 - Part of a 4-page article about American Idol - Page 53 all Clay - 2 pictures - one alone, one with Ruben.

Teen People - Summer 2004
Page 24 - "Celebs SayThe Darndest Things" 2" by 3" picture of Clay. quote about what fans toss on stage.
Page 25 - "Star Woes" - 2" by 3" picture, quote about most embarrasing moment on stage. (Note: Recent, very good pictures - great smiles, good eye color - only wish they were bigger pictures).
Page 48 - "Ultimate Celebrity Guy Poll" 2" by 4" picture from the Rolling
Stone shoot, I think. Clay at the top of 2 Polls - 41% "He'd Make A Great Friend, But Just A Friend" and 30% "He's Just a superstar Eye Intervention Away From Being A Hottie". Who voted in this poll?

TEEN - Summer 2004
Page 32 - Pop Quiz - What Is Clay's Dog Named After? 2" by 3" picture of Clay (the one with hands over head).

No major covers in a while, but I'm glad to see that he is still in a lot of magazines.
Jeannette

Clay in mags
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2004, 05:18:32 PM »
Thanks, fhmmany2, for all the good info!  It seems like he was not in the mags for a while, and now he's back in lots of them!
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2004, 08:58:49 AM »
I wanted to correct something I said about the picture of Clay in the July M (the picture on the bike). It is exactly the same picture that is in the July issue of tiger Beat, and it was also in the Dec 2003/ Jan 2004 issue of Teen People - all 8" by 10" pin-ups. I'm glad that Clay is getting the exposure of being in different magazines - he may be seen by different people - but I wish the magazines would use recent pictures. There are so many new pictures available. I don't know why they aren't being used.
STEPHANIE1130

Hi!
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2004, 01:03:53 PM »
I notice that,they use the same old pics over & over again!Oh well,atleast he's in the magazines!I haven't been to the store since last week so I didn't come across anything new!My mom and dad are always looking and my uncle has a freind who owns a store he checks the magazines for me too & let's him know if Clay is in them!But,if I come across something i will surely post it for everyone! :D

Have a good day!
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2004, 08:23:16 PM »
The August magazines are starting to show up - here is the first one I've noticed:

Tiger Beat - August 2004
Cover - 1" by 2" picture - Article title "Silly, Smooth, or Shy - Who's The One For You?"
Page 18 - "The Write Stuff" - handwriting analysis of Clay's signature. 2" by 2" picture - great smile - face only.
Page 31 - Cover Article Clay represents the "Shy guys" - 4" by 10" picture, black patterned shirt, grey pants.
Page 48 - 8" by 10" pin-up. Light blue shirt with black pattern, black t-shirt (looks like a budda pattern on t-shirt), black jeans. He is sitting on some sort of table or concrete ledge - grass in the background. Sitting down with legs criss-crossed in front of him - bare feet. This is not a new picture, because his hair is American Idol blond, but I don't remember seeing this picture anywhere before.
Jeannette

thanks!
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2004, 01:55:58 AM »
Thanks again, fhmmany!

The blue picture with the budda tee was in one of the mags about a month ago, but not with the bare feet!  Must be the same photo shoot with a different pose.  Can't wait to see it!
STEPHANIE1130

« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2004, 03:38:37 PM »
Thanks I will be looking for that magazine!
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2004, 06:02:34 PM »
Jeanette - you are right - the "Budda" t -shirt picture is in the  May/June 2004 issue of J-14. It is a close-up and you can't tell that he has no shoes on. After the family left this afternoon (Happy Fathers' Day), I started to inventory my magazines. It was so interesting to really look at them - usually if I see a good Clay picture, I buy the magazine, it gets into a box, and I never get around to reading the magazine. The "bike" pictures that I said were the same in an earlier post aren't alike after all. The picture of Clay is the same (hands on bike handle bars, holding mirrored sun glasses), but in two of the magazines he is in completely different clothes - I guess they just "paint" on what they want him to wear. I've been griping that Clay is not in the magazines enough, but when I had done inventory on the 2004 magazines, (magazines published since December 2003) I counted 35.  (Of course he is not on the cover or there is not a feature article in most of these, but he is in them - many with multiple pictures).If you had asked, I would never have guessed that he had been in so many, and I'm sure that I have not gotten all of the 2004 magazines. I look forward to posts by everyone else. I live in a very small town, and many of the magazines aren't even sold here - I have to drive one and one-half hours to the nearest book stores such as Books-A-Million or Walden Books. I know that reading posts from other magazine collectors will help all of us to not miss good magazines.
flakenforaikeninFL

« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2004, 03:51:07 PM »
What a great idea!  Good thinkin -- It is really time consuming thumbing through all the mags and then deciding whether to buy or not

:)  :?  :?
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2004, 08:22:05 AM »
This is a very slow week for Clay in the magazines, so I thought I would post a few he ISN'T  in, just to save you the trouble:

There IS a small mention in US Weekly, June 28, 2004 issue - Page 92 - announcing the AFI 100 Years, 100 Songs Program - mentioned Clay, John Travolta, & Celine Dione.

People June 28, 2004 - 50 Hottest Bachelors. Clay is not here either, but on Page 120, you can meet Ben Jelen, who, from what I've read, will open for Clay's summer tour beginning in August. (I have tickets for a September concert in Houston, so I don't know if he will still be opening for Clay then).

Entertainment Weekly June 25/July 2 2004 - "137 Things We Love This Summer - The Must List". Clay is not on this either. Entertainment Weekly never mentioned the Independent Tour, or the fact that The Way/Solitaire was #1 for nine weeks. There is a small mention on Page 159 about Clay's appearance on A Capitol Fourth 2004, but it is not a good mention. This follows a small mention in the June 18, 2004 edition (Page 87) that would lead someone who did not know better to think that William Hung and Clay are selling the same number of albums. I have subscribed to Entertainment Weekly for years, but that is about to change.

Forbes Magazine, July 5, 2004 - "Tracking Fame In An Insta-Celebrity Age - The Celebrity 100". Clay did not make this list either, but at least Forbes tells how they came up with the list (you do not have to buy the magazine - you can view all of this on Forbes Magazine.com, as I did). They tracked earnings, web mentions on Google, press clips, TV/Radio mentions, and the covers of 17 "major consumer magazines". The rankings show pay rank, web rank, press rank, and TV rank. The worst thing about this is that Willaim Hung is #96. I don't know why that bothers me so much, but it does.
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2004, 10:50:11 AM »
THAT REALLY BOTHERS ME WITH WILLIAM HUNG STILL AT #96.  SORRY BUT THERE MUST A LOT OF PEOPLE OUT THERE THAT HAVE NOTHING TO DO BETTER WITH THEIR MONEY.  THANK YOU FOR THE INFO ON THE MAGAZINES THOUGH.

LORRAINE
STEPHANIE1130

« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2004, 11:45:42 AM »
Ok,I am not sure what page it is on,but in the July issue of the magazine TWIST there is a section in the mag where they do the best makeovers!Clay is featured with a pic & a paragraph basically talking about his makeover!I don't have the mag in front of me so I'm not sure of the page?Just wanted to post incase anyone here wnats to buy it! :D
Jeannette

thanks!
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2004, 09:27:54 PM »
fhmmany2, thanks again for all the great info, both the ones with and without mention of Clay.  I too was disappointed that Clay was not included in the People list of 50 most sexy bachelors--he was in the last issue of the 50 sexiest men.

The August issue of Tiger Beat is definitely worth getting.  The picture with the buddha shirt and the crossed legs is just adorable!  Those gorgeous eyes!  Those delicious hands!  Those beautiful feet (make that foot).  Those adorable toes!
ANGELA
Enthusiastic

A FAN FROM MASSACHUSETTS SUPPORTING CLAY 110%

View Profile Personal Message (Online)

« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2004, 04:10:25 PM »
Reality TV--Official Collector's Edition.

Pictures are on page 136 & 137-- there are 5 pictures of him.   I am pretty sure we have all seen  these particular pictures,  or have them  in our possesion.  Most of the pictures are from AI2.  Three small paragrapghs on page 137.  One part talks about How AI2 ended, The next was another little blurp about  Life after AI2. The last bit was a little story about his childhood his biological father & his sister who comitted suicide.
I say read it while you are standing in line at the market--if you feel it is worth it,  buy it. 

Angela
"BE HAPPY,TRY YOUR BEST & LET GOD TAKE CARE OF THE REST"
"LIZ, JULIE, JJ & CAROL OUR 4 SHINING ANGELS" "SUPPORTING CLAY 110% SINCE DAY ONE"    "
HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2004, 04:39:03 PM »
Small mention of Clay in July 2004 Glamour...the section is titled "What are you singing along to in the car?"

"Anything by Clay Aiken- I can't get enough of that guy."..
by David Spade (comedian actor..most recently on "Just Shoot Me". small picture of David beside the quote.

Is he on the list of Clay fans?

Lora-Ohio
ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2004, 09:04:15 PM »
In Touch-page 94: The 4th of July special is promoted and there's a picture of Clay {the one Michele uses as an avatar on here} placed in front of the Capitol in Washington.

i think the caption says: 'what better way to celebrate America than have an American Idol appear at the festivities?'

someone can get the accurate quote if they see the magazine in Wal*Mart or wherever.
Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
Jeannette

In Touch magazine
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2004, 05:22:15 PM »
In Touch (the 25 cent issue), they list the other people who will be performing, but Clay is the only one with a full-page picture.  I've noticed that with a lot of the magazines lately, if there are several people in an article listed, Clay is the one with the biggest picture, or the one who is placed first in the article.
STEPHANIE1130

« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2004, 06:16:00 PM »
Thanks for all the updates on the magazines! :D
Jeannette

Clay commemorative
« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2004, 10:02:05 PM »
The Collegiate Standard Clay Commemorative issue just came today--it's just wonderful--so much information about Clay, before AI.  It's great to get a whole new picture of what Clay was like before he was famous, not that he's really different now from what he was then, but to see his evolution.

It's definitely worth the $15.oo--I think July 5 is the last day to order.

Thanks again, fhmmany2!

clayobsessed

• Admirer
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2010, 09:53:47 PM »
Author      Topic: Clay in Magazines - Dates and Details  (Read 70793 times)
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2004, 08:06:22 AM »
Thanks Jeanette & AcCountryfan for the information on In Touch (July 5, 2004 edition). It's the biggest bargain of the summer at 25 cents. I love the  full-page picture of Clay with the Capitol and fireworks in the background, and the fact that it says "Clay Aiken highlights this musical salute". It also states that a half a million people go to this concert every year - can't wait to see it.

Star Magazine - July 5, 2004
The same picure as In Touch, only this one is a quarter page in size, not a full page. It does mention that Clay has a summer tour "Clay Aiken takes a break from his U.S. summer tour to perform at this concert".

T.V. Guide - June 27-July 3 Issue
Page 105  Small black & white photo of Clay at the microphone - paragraph about the Good Morning America appearance this Friday (Yeah!). Also gives highlights of his "eventful year". This edition also has a "Where Are They Now" article about reality stars. Justin Guarini  (AI1)is on page 68, and Nikki McKibbin (also from AI1) is on page 72.

US Weekly July 5, 2004
No Clay in this issue, but there is an article on Fantasia on pages 14 & 15, and an article on Dianna DeGarmo on page 73 - Dianna's article mentions that she recorded her first single in the same studio that Clay, Kelly, and Tamyra used.
STEPHANIE1130

« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2004, 03:18:02 PM »
Thanks for all the magazine updates!I also saw in the the TV guide starting July4-10(I think that's right?)Anyhwo Elvis is on the cover & on the first page there is a little pic of Vince Gill & Amy Grant for the Capitol Fourth Show in front of fireworks and a little article beneath stating who is gonna be at the Capitol Fourth Show & the only thing it says is who is there and it does say Clay Aiken!JUst thought I would post and let everyone know! :)
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

Clay in the Magazines
« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2004, 09:43:23 PM »
fhmmany2,

I. too, just bought the IN TOUCH for 25 cents!  A great bargain for a full page picture of Clay!! Laughing:   I also bought POP STAR, July edition,  which has:

p. 7 - A picture of Clay that says "Clay cracks up.""During an on-air interview, looks like Clay was more 'hysterical' than 'Invisible!'"

p.10 - A picture of Clay that says "Clay's #1 ....but not without his anti-fans!  JC vs Clay!"

p.38 - A full page picture of Clay

If the July  POP STAR has already been mentioned, pardon me for repeating the info.

Thank you, fhmmany2, for keeping us informed on the mags!!  :D

Prissy
Hug  *Prissy*   Music violin2
Special memories of Julie, Joyce, Liz, Carol, Janet, Kris, and Debi
STEPHANIE1130

« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2004, 12:28:30 PM »
Thanks,I guess I'll be going to the store!LOL :D
ajaiken

« Reply #44 on: July 05, 2004, 11:44:45 AM »
thank you..this is a great idea. Every time i look at a magazine I'm wondering is Clay in that one.
STEPHANIE1130

« Reply #45 on: July 05, 2004, 12:02:09 PM »
I know it was a great idea,I stand at the magazine display for so long I forget what time it is LOL!This has really been helpful to us all! :D
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #46 on: July 06, 2004, 12:41:03 PM »
Hello everybody! I have nothing to offer today except three magazines that DO NOT have one word in them about Clay - at least this will prevent you from wasting time looking through them. I'm goint to visit a friend in civilization tomorrow, and I hope to go magazine hunting. The three he is NOT in are:

Entertainment Weekly - July 9, 2004 (Michael Moore on cover)
In Touch - July 12, 2004 (Mary-Kate Olsen on Cover)
People - July 12, 2004 (Britney Spears & Kevin Federline on cover)
STEPHANIE1130

« Reply #47 on: July 06, 2004, 12:45:30 PM »
Thanks for the update!I was at the store the other day and while my mom was checking out I was trying to read the People magazine and unload the shopping cart at the same time LOL!Needless to say I didn't get very far in the magazine!So,thanks for the update,I  have nothing to offer in the magazine department!I will keep looking and I will update! :)
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #48 on: July 07, 2004, 09:00:46 PM »
I found a few things today. J-14 and Bop have already been mentioned in other threads, but I thought I would repeat the information in case somebody missed reading about the magazines somewhere else:

J-14 - August 2004
Page 18 "Surprising School Secrets" 3/4 Page Picture (AI2 blonde hair, red sweater). Interview with a former classmate and friend. Note: The remainder of this page is a picture of and article about Fantasia.

Page 68 "Best Redhead" - Clay vs Lindsay Lohan - apparently Lindsay won (who voted?). Small 1" by 2" picture of Clay.

Page 108 "Your Hot List" Tops In Pops - Clay #7 this month - down from #5 last month, I think. Note: This is a MONTHLY POLL - you can vote for Clay every month in several categories by either sending in the form in the magazine or by voting by email at picks@j14.com.

Page 110 "Say What" - Another picture of Clay & his friend in the car at DisneyWorld - only with silly captions this time.

Twist - August 2004
Page 57 - "Decode His Eyes" Small round pictures of four celebrities and discussion about eye color (guess who represented green eyes?).

BOP - August 2004
Page 33 - "25 Hottest Stars of Right Now!" "It's Bop's First Annual Hot List - Who Made the Cut? See Who's Rockin' Hot!" Clay is #14 - 4" by 5" picture - black shirt with stripes. Quote from Clay "I'm lucky I have so many passionate fans out there. I'm here today because of them!" If you want to email the magazine, (to say they made a good choice, of course) it's bopmag.com, or if you want to go directly to the editor, it's leesa@bopmag.com.

Page 78 - Sketch of Clay by a 13 year old fan.
STEPHANIE1130

« Reply #49 on: July 08, 2004, 12:29:00 PM »
Thanks for that update!!!!! :D  :)  :D  :)
Jeannette

J-14 August 2004
« Reply #50 on: July 08, 2004, 04:44:36 PM »
The August issue of J-14 is definitely worth while getting--it has a large version of the red sweater pic that came out a while back, only with a different, better pose, with an interview from one of Clay's high school friends.  And there is also a good copy of the bumper car pic--it's not the greatest of Clay, but it's kind of different, so I wanted it for my collection.  It's the biggest pic on the page.
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2004, 01:09:13 PM »
A few more small mentions:

People - July 19, 2004 (Tori Spelling Wedding on Cover)
Page 93, 94, 95 - Large article (and three pictures) of Josh Gracin - small picture of Josh, Clay, Ruben and Kimberly on page 93.
Page 111 "Chatter" - 2" by 3" picutre of Clay (recent!) - talking about the Arthur book and about how he does not like to hear himself talk.

Star - July 19, 2004 - (Celebrity Flaws on Cover)
Page 20 - Clay Aiken & Dianna Degarmo - Runners-Up Revenge. Small picture of Clay (from Wango Tango) comparison of Clay's and Dianna's accomplishments.
Page 40 - "What's In and Out" - No mention of Clay, But shows Fantasia as "In" and Ruben as "Out".

Entertainment Weekly - July 16, 2004 - Marlon Brando on Cover
No Mention of Clay In this Edition
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #52 on: July 11, 2004, 09:55:37 PM »
I've tried not to give too many of my opinions about magazines, but the August Pop Star is really a good one. There is another thread about this magazine in "Got Clay",  and Pamela also mentioned this edition in one of her daily news briefs, but I thought I would post it here in case anyone missed those:

Pop Star - August, 2004

Page 7 - ANOTHER picture of Clay, Kelly, and the whale at Sea World.

Page 12 - Clay is part of a "Random Gossip IQ Test". He is question #10 - No Picture.

August Calendar (Middle of the Magazine) - Small (1" by 2") picture on August 3 with date of Kingston, R. I. concert.

Page 82 - "Word Find Challenge" - "A Play Date For The Claymates" - A word-find puzzle all about Clay, plus a 3" by 3" picture from AI days. Also on this page - updates on Kelly, Rueben, Kimberly Cladwell, and Kimberly Locke.

Page 90 - Address to write to Clay in care of RCA Records.

Page 92 - "Third Annual Pop Star Awards":
     Poptastic Male Singer - Clay #1
     Class of 2004 Rising Music Act - Clay #3
     Poptastic CD - Right Now! - MOAM #1
     Poptastic Video - Right Now! - The Way #3
     Poptastic Style - Male - Clay #3
     Poptastic Hair - Male - Clay #3
(How did he miss winning Poptastic Male Hottie? He's not even in the Top 5!)

Page 97 - "Speak Out" form to mail in - this form is used to critique the magazine & to say who you want to see in future issues. You can win prizes for mailing in this form. (You can mark your choice of prizes). Among the prizes this coming month - 3 SIGNED Clay Aiken Pop Star posters.

I have bought this magazine before (usually because of a Clay pin-up), but I've never really taken the time to read it. It is a teen magazine, but it seems to be for the older teen (not too silly). I noticed that all throughout the magazine, they ask for reader opinion. If you want to give your opinion, the address is popstarmag@aol.com.
STEPHANIE1130

« Reply #53 on: July 11, 2004, 11:38:07 PM »
Thanks for all the updates!I have no info on any mags yet,but I am gonna go to the store this week and I will surely take a look & let everyone know! :D
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #54 on: July 15, 2004, 11:18:13 AM »
Two more magazines with NO CLAY:

US Weekly July 12-19 - Mary Kate & Ashley Olson on the cover.

In Touch July 19, 2004 - Mary Kate & Ashley on cover (for the second week in a row).

I think it's time to get over Mary Kate & Ashley - we need another Clay Cover!
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #55 on: July 15, 2004, 06:59:28 PM »
Clay in People magazine...again!  Is he in there every week now?   Wink: 

People July 26

He's in the "Scoop" section with other 'celebrity' pictures under 'Pop Quiz' where they mentioned his tour.  The best one?  "Kelly Clarkson called your fans crazy."  He answered "They're not crazy, they're enthusiastic."

He's very tactful, isn't he?   Laughing:
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

Magazines
« Reply #56 on: July 16, 2004, 05:06:58 PM »
I appreciate all the info on the magazines.  I have posted about this on another thread, but I am most disappoiinted with ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY.  There has been no mention of Clay for weeks, and I even subscribed to that magazine because there used to be lots of "Clay" in it!

Nothing about his tour or the single or anything!  Frustrating! :evil:

Prissy
Hug  *Prissy*   Music violin2
Special memories of Julie, Joyce, Liz, Carol, Janet, Kris, and Debi
Jeannette

the mags
« Reply #57 on: July 16, 2004, 11:20:26 PM »
fhmmany2--many thanks again for all the info!  I would have missed so many good things without it!  I agree with you about how good Popstar! was again this month.  They are the best!  I always enter the contests for the autographed Clay pics, but it seems like there is a 4-month space between when you enter and the prizes are announced.  I also try to send them thanks for all the Clay things.

Prissy--maybe it's a good thing that Clay isn't in Entertainment Weekly so much.  Their reviews are the toughest of all the mags, and they've made some really sarcastic remarks about AI performers.
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #58 on: July 17, 2004, 05:33:54 PM »
In Touch - July 26, 2004 - Jennifer Aniston & Jennifer Lopez on Cover - No Clay.

As Pamela said above, People Magazine - July 26, 2004 - Page 24 - 4" by 5" smiling (face only) picture of Clay and half-page article. Finally more than just a mention in People - the largest article since the two-page spread for the Independent Tour. I keep hoping that one of the magazines will cover the summer tour.

I, too, subscribed to Entertainment Weekly because they did put Clay on a Cover last year. I have been very disappointed about their coverage since. There has been nothing - not even when he had the top selling record for nine weeks. They just use Billboard charts, which we all know are radio driven. I haven't gotten my EW this week - I never know when it will get here on Saturday, or when it will be Monday. There is a thread in "Got Clay" that says there is an interview this week, but my magazine did not come today.
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #59 on: July 19, 2004, 02:42:20 PM »
My Entertainment Weekly finally got here, and Clay is in it - Page 84 - the entire page "Stupid Questions - this week with Clay Aiken". There is a 4" by 5" older picture (why can't magazines download some new pictures?). If you don't want the magazine, someone has posted the entire interview in the "Got Clay" section under the thread "have u seen this?". It is the most "unique?" interview of his I've ever read. (Some people in the other thread are doubting that he actually gave the interview).

woodstock854

• Claymaniac
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 04:53:41 PM »
OK...most of you have probably already seen this, and maybe even posted about it, but I almost missed it!

Yesterday I was getting ready to put last week's Sunday newspaper in the recycling bin and make room for the new one and I flipped through the PARADE magazine section for coupons, since I apparently didn't read that section last week, and there was Clay's picture!!!

In the Personality Parade question/answer page on the inside front cover was a picture of Clay and someone had written in to ask about what he was up to!!!  I was so surprised, and thought I would post it here in case you missed it, too.

You can read the question and answer HERE   The picture is not the same one that appeared in the magazine.  It looked like an older picture of Clay with spikey hair!   ;D
It is nice to be important, but it is more important to be nice.  - John Cassis

Prissy

• Claymaniac
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 12:51:32 PM »
More about the People Magazine:

Did you know that Clay Aiken was in People Magazine [April 11,2011] this week?  On the cover is a beautiful picture of Elizabeth Taylor and the magazine has a tribute to this Hollywood Icon.  However, on page 151, there is a montage of pictures of some of the former American Idol contestants.  The page also shows some number facts about the Idol stars.  It was fun to see Clay right in the middle of the page.

(Clickable)

To whom much has been given, much is required.  
God presents the opportunity;  we choose our response:  "Yes" or "No."
I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.   
Be selective in your battles;  sometimes peace is better than being right.

ClayManiacs.com  |  Got Clay?  |  Clay Daily  |  Clay in Magazines - Dates and Details

gfxgfx
gfx