gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229925 Posts in 2575 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay April 23, 2024, 12:28:08 PM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Welcome Center  |  Aiken News Network  |  Aiken News Network December 8th 2018
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Aiken News Network December 8th 2018  (Read 1816 times)

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
Re: Aiken News Network December 8th 2018
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2018, 10:44:09 AM »
Dancermom from CV wrote this recap! Spoiler................

This is to the best of my recollection but I likely missed things and it may be slightly out of order.

The Opening:

You know how in Star Wars words come up the screen and they fly off in the distance as they tell the back story. Well...They did this with Clay and Ruben's history. It was hysterical.  They sang Silent Night and Hark the Herald Angels sing in a glitter Broadway meme one upmanship battle. Ruben came out with a little glitter on his jacket. Then Clay came out in a full sparkle jacket. Then Ruben came out in a Robe covered in glittering sequins and 3 women like they were the Supremes.  Then they started a the memes. Ruben came out as Phantom of the Opera. Then Clay did a Jesus Christ Superstar scene when he started rising to the ceiling. This all while singing.

There is a sign on the top...It says Ruben and Clay's and as the show goes on depending on who one upped the other guy the names would switch.

The group did a It's beginning to Look a lot like Christmas.

Then the guys said...costume change!!!!!!  Clay changed into his striped shirt Idol outfit and Ruben got in a 205 shirt and their pictures flashed above them from Idol days.

Ruben sang Christmas Time

Then they did Baby It's Cold Outside -- Farah and Ruben but they changed the lyrics so it was more PC in a way that was very very funny.  I think Ruben sang...Its time for you to go.... Ruben goes... HEre have this drink...Farah sings...What's in this?? Ruben replies...water and some ice.

Trying to read my notes lol! Hard to write in the dark!!!!! OY.

Clay sang something. I can't read it!!!  But he sang it very well!!!!!!! Oh I remember...White Christmas

Ruben sang Silver Bells

They did a medley of Christmas songs from Movies between the Ensemble and Clay and Ruben.

ruben sang One Little Christmas Tree. I think that's the title. I am horrible at song titles.

Clay sang "The First Noel".  The low notes....OMG THE LOW NOTES!!!!! It went right through me. THRUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Ensemble sang Carol of the Bells.

They then all sang a wonderful medley of I want to Teach the World to Sing.

Then Rudolph, Jingle Bells and Here Comes Santa Claus.

Another group medley of songs -- Santa Claus is Coming to Town, We wish you a Merry Christmas, Holly and the Ivy, Away in the Manger and Up on the Rooftop.

They did Laugh In Jokes. You know how the heads poke out and they tell jokes? That's what they did. It was a HOOT!!!!!!!!!!!! Funniest part was that there is a running joke that anytime anyone swears and or isn't family friendly they have to put money in the stocking. After some of the jokes the stocking came right out!!!

The Winter Wonderland and Frosty the Snowman

Clay came out dressed as Santa. Ruben came out as an elf. Ruben said he was supposed to be Santa and they had a back and forth. Clay was so funny. Sitting in the sleigh and making Sleigh Ride hands and they sang Sleigh Ride.

They have an Audience Participation part. Random pick that is picked during Intermission.  She comes up and does Christmas Mad Libs. Clay is the host. Ruben is pretending he is in the bathroom in the chimney of the house set that comes out now and then.They then sing 12 days of Christmas to the Mad Libs that were created. At the end she gets a picture and she gets the money in the stocking.

There is another duet but I can't read what I wrote!!!!!!

Ruben does his Pastor thing again. Totally funny.

Clay sings "Mary Did You Know?" and it has the SNAPS!!!! It was beautiful. Just beautiful.

Clay sings "O Come, O Come Emmanuel" and this is where the song is interspersed with prerecorded video of what he remembers from Christmas. Special memories.  He said Mom always was good at lowering expectations. He wanted a phone really badly but mom kept saying no.  They had a tradition of Santa presents aren't wrapped (Hey we do that too!) Clay was sad when he didn't see the phone.  But...his mom had wrapped it and it was there for him!!! AWWWWWW.

Ruben sang "My Grown Up Christmas List". He had a lot of memories of his brother in his prerecorded video.  He said that his brother loved Clay and that he would be thrilled with the show they were putting on.  Clay is Ruben's Brother from another mother. (HA!!!!! I didn't know they were going to do that when I wrote the card!)

They both sang All I want for Christmas

Then they did that curtain call that wasn't a curtain call.

The house lights didn't come up.

Then the guys sang "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" and "O' Holy Night" as a duet.

In between all this amazing singing are laugh out loud skits. I mean...this was seriously FUNNY!!!!!!  I love how they put the show together. The only skit that was a little slow was the one where they were all reindeer and had to choose names.  But in a 2 hour show to have one quibble...the writers did a great job...

Clay has a ugly sweater on that had stockings hanging from the bottom. He was swinging them around at one point.

He also did that move with is leg where he swivels his foot. I always loved that move.

They owned that stage.

Clay looked amazing and I finally felt that his hair looked wonderfully fine. I guess I got used to the white finally!!!!

The Ensemble are so talented!!!!!!!

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac

mrs. c.

• Claymaniac
  • Clay's Buttercup
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2018, 01:45:07 PM »
Tiff, thanks, just so fun!! Clay looks so happy in the stage door pics! Loved the recap, are you excited for your show~~~EEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2018, 02:09:02 PM »
Welcome Sharon! He does look happy and pleased!  ;D Heck yes! Eeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2018, 06:49:14 PM »
Great show today @clayaiken!! The part with Richard the librarian was amazing. Did we find out what he wrote on Estelle Parsons’ chalkboard?

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac

ClayManiacs.com  |  Welcome Center  |  Aiken News Network  |  Aiken News Network December 8th 2018

gfxgfx
gfx