gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229830 Posts in 2575 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay April 16, 2024, 10:01:58 AM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Welcome Center  |  Aiken News Network  |  Aiken News Network May 7th 2018
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Aiken News Network May 7th 2018  (Read 1328 times)

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
Aiken News Network May 7th 2018
« on: May 07, 2018, 08:32:18 AM »
So when i was on @AmericanIdol I slightly flubbed some lyrics. Nowhere near this noticable.. https://youtu.be/tt1_QVQ8KMQ  and even Paula gave me hell. This girl gets a therapy session?! 1f644.png Really? Seriously??! What happened to the show we loved? #MakeIdolGreatAgain

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
Re: Aiken News Network May 7th 2018
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2018, 10:05:28 AM »
Remember back 2002 - 2003 when @AmericanIdol was a high stakes singing competition & we were all waiting and nervously anticipating what @SimonCowell had to say? Why's it now totally without critique and essentially just a Vacation Bible School talent show? 1f644.png#MakeIdolGreatAgain

mii

• Claymaniac
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2018, 05:01:47 PM »
Oh Clay's holding a grudge!  He should remember that back when the show began it was mostly amateurs who were contestants.  The bar is much, much higher now so the singers don't need as much criticism.  Simon was unnecessarily critical and insulting.  (We don't need anymore JLos beating up Haleys.)  And I like that the judges aren't giving negative critiques now during audience voting shows.  They shouldn't be trying to influence the voters.
 Say something positive but honest to all the contestants.  Then let the voters decide for themselves if the performance was good enough to earn their vote.   I also thought that the feedback they gave to Catie was helpful, to not only her but all of the contestants.

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2018, 05:36:58 PM »
I had to agree with Clay but you have some good points Fran! I do still miss Simon though but he has gotten more soft on AGT so! Do agree to be more honest! I only like Lionel Richie as a judge cause he gives good advice! Going to watch soon!

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac

stilldreaming

• Claymaniac
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2018, 12:52:14 PM »
Well, I have to agree with Fran.  Clay sounded awfully bitter when he said Catie got a "therapy session" after she forgot her lyrics.  Sure, the judges could easily have jumped down her throat, but how would that help her become a better singer?  Would Clay have preferred if they'd made her cry? 
Anyway, I was a bit surprised by his reaction but to each his own.  My husband also misses the 'old' Simon and his nasty a$$ critiques.  As well as, Paula's incoherent ramblings that often made us roll our eyes... Maybe he and Clay should meet and discuss? ;)  LOL         
*You can do anything as long as you can dream it*

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2018, 01:39:05 PM »
Lol Cindy! I honestly would love to see how Clay would judge but don’t think that is going to happen! I guess the judges were nice and fair after I watched it! The judges after Simon I thought were too nice like J Lo! Irked me a bit! Sorry lol Guess we were so used to Simon!

mii

• Claymaniac
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2018, 05:41:01 PM »
Hated Simon.  Didn't miss him, in fact I was glad when he left.  The mean judges are just being that way because they are told it would make good television.  I doubt that any of them would be that mean if they had heard those singers in real life.

When Lionel said to Catie that when he forgets the words he points the microphone toward the audience and asks them to sing along.  Now how clever is that!  That is really useful advice for a newcomer.  I'd much rather hear that sort of comment than an insulting bitch fest.  It's hard enough being up there much less fearing that you'll be raked over the coals, and Clay of all people should know that.  I thought it was especially mean that he posted Catie's flawed performance in his twitter feed.  Being a parent usually makes you more kind and empathic.  But he's being really unkind lately and it seems to be about anything to do with AI.  I think he should stop watching.

I thought Clay was really showing sour grapes.  Does he want the show to get better or just stay the stale old show that we all had grown tired of.  If you want to see people be mean to each other tune into reruns of Jerry Springer.  I personally don't think that's what this show should be.

From the sounds of it, if Clay were a judge he would be the Simon.  I agree with Cindy that I was surprised by his reaction too, but then I've been surprised by several things he has said lately--like that article he wrote about Ada Vox.  I think he is spending too much time on twitter.  His snark has been resurrected.  It's not flattering.

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2018, 06:28:37 PM »
I do wonder why Clay is watching if he doesn’t like it! Guess to be curious!

Wendy Williams mentioned his tweet today and she agreed with him!

No don’t stop tweeting! I like to hear any kind of opinion he has! Agree to disagree!  :)

ClayManiacs.com  |  Welcome Center  |  Aiken News Network  |  Aiken News Network May 7th 2018

gfxgfx
gfx