gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229532 Posts in 2574 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay March 29, 2024, 08:24:52 AM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Welcome Center  |  Aiken News Network  |  Aiken News Network April 30th 2018
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Aiken News Network April 30th 2018  (Read 942 times)

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
Aiken News Network April 30th 2018
« on: April 30, 2018, 06:05:33 PM »
Clay is watching AI! Interesting opinion about Ada who was voted off! He tweeted throw tomatoes! https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/opinion-aiken-american-idol-ada-vox_us_5ae7769de4b055fd7fcebeaf?l0d

« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 06:16:59 PM by Tiffany »

mii

• Claymaniac
Re: Aiken News Network April 30th 2018
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2018, 09:31:21 PM »
Well kudos to Clay for being a guest writer for Huffington Post.  That's a great thing.  Too bad there is nowhere to post comments because I don't agree with him about Ada.  I still have it on my dvr so I listened to it again.  Is her dramatic style my first choice?  No.  But please don't say she wasn't voted thru because she isn't "the best" singer, because you know that isn't the reason why.  People didn't vote for Ada because they don't like her as much as the others.  People like or dislike a contestant for lots of different reasons (appearance, personality, religion, culture, sexuality, where they are from, etc.)  It's naive to suggest that being a drag queen had nothing to do with it, or that voters vote for someone based solely on singing ability, or that those who are voted thru are better singers than all the rest.

Sorry Clay but American Idol is not a singing competition, it is an "Idol" competition.  Which means performing is a big part of what it takes to win.  We've all seen some truly great singers get sent home because they were just boring to watch (Pia Toscano ring a bell?)  It is also a popularity competition.  There are many reasons why a contestant isn't liked, but clearly it is more than singing ability or there wouldn't have been a million and a half votes cast before any of the singing began last night.

I think Adam/Ada would be perfect for Broadway or a Vegas show.  He has a big voice and he likes to dress up and be someone else.  I hope someone from Kinky Boots called him today. 

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2018, 01:49:54 AM »
Shocking he is watching AI! Lol Wonder what he thinks of the judges! I respect Clay’s opinion and his has a way with words but actually agree with you Fran! And you know I was thinking more young teenagers vote anyway and they probably could had thought Ada was ugly or something! You make good points! I really wanted her in the finale! Was thinking she would be for Broadway as well!

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2018, 02:01:24 AM »
Wow! billboard picked up his article!  https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/pride/8414279/clay-aiken-ada-vox-voted-off-american-idol-huffington-post?utm_source=twitter&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

You know some idols are on GMA every Monday to talk about the show! Ruben was just on yesterday! Love to see Clay on!

ClayManiacs.com  |  Welcome Center  |  Aiken News Network  |  Aiken News Network April 30th 2018

gfxgfx
gfx