gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229885 Posts in 2575 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay April 20, 2024, 09:45:55 AM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Aiken News Network (ANN)  |  2003 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK DECEMBER 24
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 2003 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK DECEMBER 24  (Read 1804 times)

fhmmany2

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
2003 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK DECEMBER 24
« on: March 25, 2010, 01:22:40 PM »
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

AIKEN NEWS NETWORK DECEMBER 24
« on: December 24, 2003, 09:48:59 AM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVE!  COUNTDOWN TO CHRISTMAS - 1 DAY.

EEK.

Today I offer you a Christmas toast:

May your stuffing be tasty,
May your turkey be plump,
May your potatoes and gravy have nary a lump,
May your yams be delicious,
May your pies take the prize,
May your Christmas dinner stay off of your thighs!

And now, the news!

Billboard magazine will be honoring Clay in an upcoming issue.  The special Platinum Star issue will be February 14, 2004.

What a nice Valentine present for Clay!  And for us.

Report to moderator    Logged 

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2003, 09:54:28 AM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from: tessie
Pamela, not to correct you, but Amazon's date says Feb. 4.  The sooner the better as far as I am concerned.

Tessie, you can correct me any time!  Especially if it brings good news such as this.   :)

Tessie is correct, the release date for The Way/Solitaire is Febuary 4, not Febuary 24 as I reported previously.

And the best thing about this is that we'll have it before Valentine's Day.

Valentine's Day seems to be a theme today...or is it just karma?  There is a message in there somewhere....  All you need is love!?~

Sundancer
Enthusiastic

THE QUEEN OF SNARK Raleigh

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2003, 10:31:19 AM »   

May your Christmas dinner stay off of your thighs!

Hear, hear!  :

"To look at me, you may be wrong. I've been through this--it made me strong."
"'Lifted me up when I couldn't reach; you gave me faith 'cuz you believed."
"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."

totallyinluv
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2003, 11:50:08 AM »   

Any news on sales for MOAM or for Soulful for last week yet?

JJAIKEN
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2003, 12:48:33 PM »   

Any news on sales for MOAM or for Soulful for last week yet?

Yes, I would just love to know this also and please tell me where you go to get that information.  I want to compare with Ruben's.  (am I bad?)  Just like to.

Thank you Pamela and Merry Christmas to you and yours.  As always you are great and wonderful. :D  :D
Jan

Claymate16
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2003, 01:42:15 PM »   

OK, i too am EXTREMLY curious as to what Rubens sale figures are like, and its been two weeks since it came out and i see no announcements for a double-platinum album... Did Clay 'win'? And I'm sooooooooooooooo curious about what the reviews for his album are like... any news on that?

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2003, 01:55:04 PM »   

SALES NUMBERS FOR MOAM

Hillary Duff's Metamorphosis and The Very Best of Sheryl Crow each move up two spots, to number-six and number-seven, respectively. Ruben Studdard's debut, Soulful, falls from the top spot to number-eight, while his American Idol pal Clay Aiken's Measure of a Man remains  lodged at the number-11 position for the third consecutive week.

LINK

No actual sales numbers yet, but Rod Stewart was number 10 with 222,000 copies sold. Sarah McLachlan was number 12 with around  218,000.  Which means MoaM sold between 218,000 and 222,000.

WOW.

CONGRATULATIONS CLAY! 

Leveland
SuperFan

RALEIGH'S TRAINER

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2003, 02:18:40 PM »   

Happy Valentines Day to us.  Feb 4th will go down in History as the release of the next Triple Platnuim Single .. wwoooohhoooo.. Love Terry

A  Founding Member of Claygirls
A blessed Clay Fan
Life is one bumpy road, But all of my Claygirls make it a lot easier ride.
In memory of  CH Leveland Jedi Jewel (Dallas) the best Dog in the world.  9-19-1994 to 12-24-2007

playingclay
Claymaniac

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2003, 03:01:42 PM »   

Wow!!!
About 220,000 copies!  Congratulations Clay!
In Canada we have Zellers stores which are in competition with Walmart; same type of store.  He is marked at number 11 for best selling CD for December in a poster in the stores. (Poster was posted at the beginning of December.)   Their flier is out for Boxing Day with a 7:00 am opening.  On the front page, they have Clay's CD and Elvis 2nd to none as a door crasher special with a $14.00 price tag.  Currently it is $14.99 so it is not a big sale price but one of seven or eight hooks to get customers in the store.  On the second page, they have Brittany Spears and Pink and selected CD's listed for $13.99.

It just made me smile that they were using Clay to get customers. :D

Love my clayshake---warm milk and a couple of scoops of vanilla icecream....especially at bedtime.
Keeper of the wind to blow the shirts up.

KimLar
Clayamateur

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2003, 07:03:24 PM »   

For those of you in the States that may not know what Boxing Day here is, it is a holiday for us in Canada the day after Christmas. It is an English tradition and has continued on in Canada. It is a BIG selling day at most major stores. After Christmas sales and like that. People line up at some stores around 5:00 a.m. to get in on some deals. Sorta like the day after Thanksgiving for you people I think. By the way Ruben's sales in Winnipeg are not doing as well as the US. Not sure why though.

Kimlar

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2003, 10:45:07 PM »   

RING IN THE NEW YEAR WITH CLAY IN NYC !

Clay will be part of this year's MTV New Years Eve Bash! He'll be joined by Ludacris, Hilary Duff, and Simple Plan. Of course Clay also wants to be surrounded by some of his BIGGEST FANS when the ball drops- Should it be YOU?

Here's YOUR chance to see Clay perform LIVE on New Years Eve...

If you are a Clay fan between the ages of 16-23 please email the following BY 12/27:

**One picture of yourself

**One paragraph saying why YOU'RE the best Clay fan

**Your subject line MUST read "I'm A Clay Fan"

Send your email to: newyears2003@mtvstaff.com

MTV will contact the winners with all the details for this AMAZING night to remember. Don't miss out! Show your Clay spirit NOW!

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2003, 10:47:28 PM »   

MTV REPORTS SALES NUMBERS

On next week's chart, Studdard will drop to #8 with sales of almost 245,000. Studdard's dip reflected a 41 percent sales decrease from last week's figure of 416,000, making him the only act in the top 25 to fall. By comparison, Studdard's "American Idol" rival, Clay Aiken, saw sales of his Measure of a Man increase 35 percent, with more than 212,000 units sold.

MTV LINK

WOW.  These are different from what I guessed above, but still huge.

S W E E T!

CONGRATULATIONS CLAY!

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2003, 10:50:07 PM »   

VOICE OF AMERICA

Scandals, Tragedy Dominated Music News
…The second season of the American Idol television talent competition ended with soul crooner Ruben Studdard as the winner, with former teacher and North Carolina pop singer Clay Aiken in second place. Clay beat Ruben to the marketplace with his first album Measure of a Man, which debuted at Number One on Billboard magazine's albums chart in October. Clay also was named one of Rolling Stone magazine's People of the Year.

LINK

houstonclayfan
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2003, 10:53:25 PM »   

Quote from: Pamela

If you are a Clay fan between the ages of 16-23

Ahhh!!!  Isnt that age discrimination ????  I am 23, really I am  :   Pamela, didnt you say at one point that you were born in 1985 ?

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2003, 10:56:43 PM »   

READERS CHOICE:  TOP 10 ARTISTS OF THE YEAR 2003

James Maguire:  Clay Aiken proved an artist could go from total obscurity to stardom almost overnight.

GO HERE AND VOTE!

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2003, 11:53:56 PM »   

Heads Up Michigan, SE Michigan to be more specific. TV Guide Greatest Moments is being shown on WXYZ, Sunday the 28th at 4 PM instead of 8 PM due to "Steelers Primetime" which is airing from 7 PM to 9 PM. Others may want to check your local listings. 

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2003, 11:55:44 PM »   

On Canada's MuchMoremusic Ultimate Top 10 countdown for 2003, (most requested videos from the daily Top 10 show), Invisible landed at number 9.  That's a great showing considering it hasn't been playing that long on this network!

perfectmatch
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2003, 12:04:06 AM »   

Thats sooo awsome I love that show well station at my place, ive been watching Much Music for a while now. Go Clay! Whats this on this WXYZ thing? Pamela maybe you could open my eyes to it thanx!

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2003, 12:25:30 AM »   

I know some of you are also fans of Andrea Bocelli.  This information is from bocellionline.com:

ANDREA ON U.S. TV CHRISTMAS MORNING
CBS - THE EARLY SHOW:
Thursday, 12/25: Andrea Bocelli Performance

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Aiken News Network (ANN)  |  2003 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK DECEMBER 24

gfxgfx
gfx