gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229512 Posts in 2574 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay March 28, 2024, 07:01:26 AM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Aiken News Network (ANN)  |  2003 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK DECEMBER 23
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 2003 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK DECEMBER 23  (Read 1736 times)

fhmmany2

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
2003 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK DECEMBER 23
« on: March 25, 2010, 01:21:02 PM »
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

AIKEN NEWS NETWORK DECEMBER 23
« on: December 23, 2003, 08:22:57 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is a link to the interview with Clay by MIX 101.5 at the mall in Raleigh yesterday.

LEFT CLICK HERE and then follow the links!

Enjoy!

Report to moderator    Logged 

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2003, 08:41:32 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RIAA'S END OF YEAR AWARDS

"American Idol" runner-up Clay Aiken's RCA Records debut, "Measure of a Man," was certified double Platinum for sales of more than two million copies, good enough to make it the best selling debut from a solo male artist in 2003. Aiken also earned the distinction of having the only Platinum single of the year with "Bridge Over Troubled Water."

LINK

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2003, 08:43:47 PM »   

FROM MONDAY'S TRL

Damien makes the following mention about the MTV New Year's Eve special:

"Performances from Hillary Duff, Simple Plan, Ludacris, Clay Aiken is going to be performing (very big!), and we'll see how they each spent their Christmas with home videos from each of them."

outthereforclay
  grammy, slammy
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2003, 09:03:15 PM »   

Oh, this is SO very wonderful! Best selling album and single! Take that, Grammys! Money, translated: people who want to hear someone sing and will pay money to do it,  talks for sure in the music business.

Interesting that they refer to the single as "Bridge Over Troubled Water" instead of "This Is the Night".

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2003, 09:36:49 PM »   

Amazon is now listing the release date for The Way/Solitaire as February 24.  Even though it still lists it as being Invisible/Solitaire.  They sent out emails cancelling the preorders for I/S but they haven't updated their page yet with the correct title.   :roll:

SEE IT

Sundancer
Enthusiastic

THE QUEEN OF SNARK Raleigh

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2003, 11:12:50 PM »   

we'll see how they each spent their Christmas with home videos from each of them."

Oh, he must love that. Even when he's not working, he still has to be "on" enough times to fill up a video! Poor Clay.  :(

"To look at me, you may be wrong. I've been through this--it made me strong."
"'Lifted me up when I couldn't reach; you gave me faith 'cuz you believed."
"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2003, 02:07:59 AM »   

Quote from: Sundancer
we'll see how they each spent their Christmas with home videos from each of them."

Oh, he must love that. Even when he's not working, he still has to be "on" enough times to fill up a video! Poor Clay.  :(

Sundancer, he should give them a video with four hours of him sleeping with the covers over his head. 

:roll:

tessie
  Aiken news network
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2003, 02:36:25 AM »   

Pamela, not to correct you, but Amazon's date says Feb. 4.  The sooner the better as far as I am concerned.

Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2003, 07:24:31 AM »   

Sundancer, he should give them a video with four hours of him sleeping with the covers over his head.

Is it insane that I would watch that? And be happy? :?

It does stink that he can't just enjoy the holiday with his family without worrying about getting enough video for his fans. He's such a perfectionist he'd want to make sure he did it just right.

“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of kindnesses there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.” James Boswell

Sundancer
Enthusiastic

THE QUEEN OF SNARK Raleigh

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2003, 07:54:42 AM »   

he should give them a video with four hours of him sleeping with the covers over his head.

Great idea.  :

Is it insane that I would watch that? And be happy?

Funny and kind of adorable? Yes. Insane? No.  :D

"To look at me, you may be wrong. I've been through this--it made me strong."
"'Lifted me up when I couldn't reach; you gave me faith 'cuz you believed."
"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."

houstonclayfan
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2003, 08:04:23 AM »   

Quote from: Moonshot

It does stink that he can't just enjoy the holiday with his family without worrying about getting enough video for his fans. He's such a perfectionist he'd want to make sure he did it just right.

I am hoping that this is a pre-made video and that he is happily enjoying the holidays.  Taping him during his only private time goes a little too far.  And, yeah, I would watch him sleeping too.

Clay, honey, please enjoy your Christmas

Claymate16
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2003, 08:21:18 AM »   

Thanks so much for the MIX 101.5 after about 1 min and 24 seconds Clay says 'Hey Dana!' which practically gave me a heart attack! That is with out a doubt the best Christmas present i could have gotten!

Mad4Aiken
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2003, 09:28:16 AM »   

If they are making Clay tape some of his actual Christmas time (which should be his, but we know how much the music industry makes him do) he should definitely put in a clip of himself sleeping:
"And yes Claymates, I took your advice and I did get some rest during vacation"
Madison

playingclay
Claymaniac

« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2003, 11:04:24 AM »   

When I read Pamela's post, I first thought, "yeah more Clay" and then "what a bummer"; a video crew in his house over Christmas?  It will take them ages just to get a few minutes of video.  I think he should have refused to have done this.  This is the part where the question he has asked of how much time does he owe his fans and how much for himself is answered that this is his time. 

I had thought that this had been the best of both worlds.  I had new Clay to watch over the holidays (good for me, a fan).  It had been prerecorded (good for Clay).  Everybody is happy.  :D  :D  (Though I am sorry it had been recorded when he was sick  : )

A video crew?  :

Love my clayshake---warm milk and a couple of scoops of vanilla icecream....especially at bedtime.
Keeper of the wind to blow the shirts up.

Misha
  Actually
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2003, 01:24:10 PM »   

Actually, I think perhaps that Clay has weighed the good in with the bad.  TRL hasn't exactly been very receptive to Clay in the past.  Slowly, bit by bit, he is winning even them over.  I believe that MTV will play a crucial role in the future success of Clay Aiken.  I believe that Clay thought about this, and realized that having this happen just once, might be good in the overall view of things.  Business wise, this was perhaps the best thing Clay has done.  Of course, I have no idea what Clay is really thinking, but perhaps if we take a step back, we will realize that Clay is extremely smart.

playingclay
Claymaniac

« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2003, 02:46:32 PM »   

You could be right, Misha.
Reading the post again, it says home videos.  That is not a video crew.  So if it is just videos that he takes with his family and friends goofing around with the camera, then that can be fun.  Clay can also determine what he wants to share with his fans.

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Aiken News Network (ANN)  |  2003 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK DECEMBER 23

gfxgfx
gfx