gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229878 Posts in 2575 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay April 19, 2024, 07:31:59 PM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Aiken News Network (ANN)  |  2003 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK DECEMBER 20
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 2003 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK DECEMBER 20  (Read 1805 times)

fhmmany2

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
2003 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK DECEMBER 20
« on: March 25, 2010, 01:13:14 PM »
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

AIKEN NEWS NETWORK DECEMBER 20
« on: December 20, 2003, 08:27:04 AM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today's words of wisdom -

"Never mistake knowledge for wisdom.  One helps you make a living; the
other helps you make a life."  - Sandra Carey

Congratulations to Clay for a banner day! 

College graduation and a press conference for the BAF that should open all kinds of new avenues of support will hopefully make this a 'Perfect Day' for Clay.  His family and friends must be very proud, and so are we!

BAF PRESS CONFERENCE

Report to moderator    Logged 

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2003, 08:28:18 AM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CLAY IS ON BILLBOARD'S HOT 100 YEAR END CHART (SINGLES)

"American Idol" continued to exert its influence on the charts, following Kelly Clarkson's initial success in 2002. Three "Idol" finalists, including the winners of the first and second seasons, occupy slots in 2003's year-end top 100.

Clarkson was No. 39 last year with "A Moment Like This." Now she is No. 44 with that single's follow-up, the more radio-friendly "Miss Independent" (RCA). Clay Aiken claims the No. 47 song with his debut release, "This Is the Night" (RCA). Ruben Studdard ranks at No. 88 with his remake of Westlife's "Flying Without Wings" (J).

BILLBOARD

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2003, 08:34:37 AM »   

CLAY IS ON BILLBOARD'S HOT 200 YEAR END CHART (ALBUMS)

Measure of a Man is number 53 on Billboard's year end chart.  The year end charts are based chart positions over a calendar year from Dec. 7, 2002 through Nov. 29, 2003.

Moam had been released only six weeks at the end of their recording year.

BILLBOARD

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2003, 09:02:36 AM »   

This one is just for fun.  Hey, it is Saturday after all.   :)

* THE SOUTH WITHOUT CLAY AIKEN

Ruben Studdard would be The American Idol. Hey, wait a minute, Ruuuuben is the American Idol. But whom would Raleigh teens swoon over if it weren't for Clay? Who would be the Measure of a Man? Who would come to our parades? Who would keep the hair gel people in business? Charles Meeker?

NEWS & OBSERVER

Note - Charles Meeker is the mayor of Raleigh.

Leveland
SuperFan

RALEIGH'S TRAINER

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2003, 09:29:06 AM »   

This is from The Clayboard, we shall see, if it is true..

FYI - CNN will be covering the graduation and possibly the press conference afterwards. Keep your eyes pealed on Saturday late afternoon/evening for it.

Love all Terry

A  Founding Member of Claygirls
A blessed Clay Fan
Life is one bumpy road, But all of my Claygirls make it a lot easier ride.
In memory of  CH Leveland Jedi Jewel (Dallas) the best Dog in the world.  9-19-1994 to 12-24-2007

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2003, 03:39:38 PM »   

UNCC graduation: Arrive early, or steer clear
TRAFFIC

If you're attending the 3 p.m. graduation ceremony at UNC Charlotte today, give yourself plenty of time to get there.

More than 9,000 people, including American Idol star Clay Aiken, are expected at the two-hour event. Thousands of others will be in the area after the 10 a.m. ceremony. And it's the busiest shopping day of the year.

A seven-guest limit, because of Aiken, had angered some students. But university officials say every graduate who requested additional tickets got them.

The ceremony is open only to graduates and guests with tickets.

CHARLOTTE OBSERVER (registration required)

Doors to Halton Arena will open at 1:30 p.m. and on-campus parking will be free.

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2003, 04:18:33 PM »   

ARTICLE IN THE NEWS & OBSERVER ABOUT THE RALEIGH BOYS' CHOIR

Sibley's expectations are as high as the notes the youngest boys can hit. It's been 35 years since he started the choir in the tradition of the storied Vienna Boys' Choir and the American Boychoir in Princeton, N.J. He has been its only director all these years.

Being a choirboy is serious, intense business, which is why Sibley has spurned any hints that he might take advantage of the fact that Clay Aiken used to be one of his students. Some have urged Sibley to invite Aiken to sing again with the choir to raise money for the group.

"Mr. Sibley is resisting it because he doesn't want to give the impression that this choir is a breeding ground for the next big pop star," LeBlanc said. "Clay is all pop glitz and glamour and would not fit in here."

NEWS & OBSERVER

Could this guy be more wrong?  GAH!

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2003, 04:41:33 PM »   

The BAF website has updated with this page of pictures from this summer when Clay visited Washington on behalf of the American Film Institute.

BAF AFI PHOTOS

I think Senator Barbara Mikulski looks like a Claymaniac....:mrgreen:

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2003, 04:47:11 PM »   

A graduate tomorrow

THANKFULLY, there is one subject that Clay Aiken is excited to discuss - his big day tomorrow afternoon. No, he's not going to sing at Superbowl or get hitched. Rather, he is graduating from the University of North Carolina, Charlotte, with a Bachelor of Arts in special education.

He chirped: 'I just spoke with my professor to finalise things, I took my final exam over the phone, my flight is finalised, and everything's set for Saturday!'

He also remains unfazed at the possibility that the ceremony will turn into a media circus.

'It's a day I would have had even before American Idol, so we're going to keep it low-key.'

Erm, good luck with that. To assure order, a seven-ticket limit was imposed for Aiken's ceremony - a move which reportedly had students protesting. It inspired others to sell their tickets on eBay for as much as US$103 ($176).

Aiken himself supported the university's ticketing policy, explaining: 'There was a lot of excitement when people found out (I was going to graduate). Fans who live in different states considered flying in! '(The university is) concerned that, all of a sudden, 50,000 people are going to show up, to the point where someone's grandmother can't see them graduate. At least this guarantees that families will be able to attend.'

So will Aiken receive special treatment and be able to invite more guests than his peers?

NO SPECIAL TREATMENT

'No, that rumour is wrong,' he said. 'I have the same number of tickets as everyone else, and in fact, I'm not even using them all.'

Whatever the case, graduation day is a big deal.

'Whether it's starting a next chapter or not, I hope I don't have to look for another job too soon,' he quipped. 'But it's important to have a degree because I don't know whether all this will last long. It's important to be educated, and I'm proud to say I finished college.'

LINK

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Aiken News Network (ANN)  |  2003 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK DECEMBER 20

gfxgfx
gfx