gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229946 Posts in 2575 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay April 25, 2024, 01:09:59 AM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Aiken News Network (ANN)  |  AIKEN NEWS NETWORK FEBRUARY 8-14, 2015
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK FEBRUARY 8-14, 2015  (Read 1071 times)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
AIKEN NEWS NETWORK FEBRUARY 8-14, 2015
« on: February 08, 2015, 04:52:47 PM »
Sydney Sadkin ?@sydney_sadkin
Currently listening to clay Aiken #tbt
Nancy Luong ?@NancyLuong
My lab professor is too obsessed with Clay Aiken ???? (Face with tears of joy x3)
Elise ?@elisecarolineb Clay Aiken is playing over the loudspeaker in this Walgreens. I'm singing into my sinus meds and dancing with my hair dye.
Alyssa Jane ?@JennFan
i've got ashes by clay aiken on and i'm just like my larents r bein set free they're risin from the ashes they're ready 2 run
ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
Re: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK FEBRUARY 8-14, 2015
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2015, 05:21:29 PM »
PublicSchoolsFirstNC ?@PS1NC
. @clayaiken tells us why public schools are the heart of his community. #nced #publicEd

https://twitter.com/PS1NC/status/564081601957875713

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2015, 05:25:57 PM »
CLAY AND NICK PLAYING PING PONG FOR PUBLIC SCHOOLS YESTERDAY

https://twitter.com/PS1NC/status/564107992657039360/photo/1

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2015, 05:27:24 PM »
jocelyn hunt @jochunt

Only at a @NCDemParty meeting would Clay Aiken casually show up. #ncdp #ncpol

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2015, 05:29:45 PM »
From FB:

Public Schools First NC
Yevonne Brannon and Clay Aiken playing ping pong to support public education

https://www.facebook.com/publicschoolsfirstnc/photos/a.619425814746748.1073741839.184666638222670/877596482263012/?type=1&theater

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2015, 05:33:12 PM »
dakota2424 ?@dakota2424 · 2h2 hours ago
>>>@PS1NC #Fun So who is winning? @clayaiken or @NickLeisey #publicschools

Nick Leisey ?@NickLeisey · 59m59 minutes ago
@dakota2424 @PS1NC @clayaiken that must be rhetorical

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2015, 05:38:32 PM »
Jeremy Bradley ?@SFCelebWatch
Fun fact: #ClayAiken interview is our most downloaded chat this month so far. Listen at http://www.speakfreecelebwatch.com Thanks, #Claymates @clayaiken

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2015, 10:04:51 PM »
FROM THE PING PONG EVENT

Yevonne Brannon
February 7
Last post about our wonderful event today... let my last word be to say THANKS to this wonderful young man-Clay Aiken- for his love of our community - his love for our children and public school teachers - as busy as he was today, he took time to show his support and to help Public Schools First NC -- It meant a lot to us all and it shows his character -- I am not kidding you -- this is a very good man and I truly LOVE him - so blessed that I met him and I pray that ONE DAY he will consider politics again. WE could not do any better than HIM! If he ever needs anything, he has a friend in me for life!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2015, 02:00:52 AM »

http://goqnotes.com/34013/after-campaign-l...rk-documentary/

After campaign loss, Aiken to feature in network documentary
Camera crews for ‘The Runner-Up’ captured Aiken’s political campaign trail
Published: February 13, 2015 in News

RALEIGH, N.C. — Clay Aiken, who ran against Republican incumbent Renee Ellmers for a congressional bid in 2014, is the centerpiece of a new documentary set to premiere on Esquire Network in April.

“The Runner-Up” tells the inside story of his campaign as a gay Democrat from the South. It was executive produced by Jonathan and Simon Chinn and Mitchell Tanen for Lightbox.

Esquire said that it was an exclusive, all-access look at one of the most unique political campaigns of the 2014 mid-term elections — the improbable congressional run of the “American Idol” star, highlighting the perspective of someone who was new to the campaign scene and the challenges he encountered. Taking him as a serious contender and not “simply a reality TV star” topped Aiken’s struggles.

Chinn told the Television Critics Association during its recent tour that it was done with a small crew, usually three people with a single camera and “unfettered access,” Broadcasting & Cable reported. He also added, “Clay Aiken the candidate is probably somebody 99% of the public has not seen. I think you see a different side of Clay.”

The publication also shared that Aiken, who was present for the panel, learned considerably from the experience. He felt that he would not change a thing about how the campaign was run. He stuck to the issues, ran an honest race and stayed true to himself.

“A few days before ‘American Idol’ runner-up Clay Aiken lost the November election, Bill Maher slammed the singer’s North Carolina congressional campaign because the openly gay candidate said that gay marriage ‘isn’t an issue that is really on the radar’ for his constituents,” Deadline Hollywood reported.

The issue surfaced during the TCA tour, nonetheless. Deadline Hollywood also reported that Aiken defended his campaign and never “distanced” himself from “the gay marriage issue.” He said he had been vocal about LGBT issues since he came out.

Chinn indicated that Aiken’s “celebrity” and “an openly gay candidate in the South” were “a couple of the myriad reasons this was a fascinating race.”

As to whether he has plans for being involved in the political arena again, he said, “I don’t think what I tried to do I am finished being able to do. I’m not sure what the path is any more than I did on Nov. 5.”

Deadline Hollywood also reported that “Aiken said he spoke to Rosie O’Donnell, who encouraged him to use his celebrity while he has it. … ‘Listen, we are all waiting for obscurity.’”

Aiken said he’d “like to find a way to focus on veterans issues and homelessness in North Carolina.”

TCA represents more than 200 professional journalists who cover television for publications across the U.S. and Canada. Their annual awards bestow honors on shows and personalities in an assortment of categories including those from the LGBT community and productions

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Aiken News Network (ANN)  |  AIKEN NEWS NETWORK FEBRUARY 8-14, 2015

gfxgfx
gfx