gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229528 Posts in 2574 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay March 29, 2024, 02:22:45 AM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Aiken News Network (ANN)  |  2003 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK DECEMBER 14
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 2003 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK DECEMBER 14  (Read 2060 times)

fhmmany2

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
2003 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK DECEMBER 14
« on: March 25, 2010, 12:43:30 PM »
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

AIKEN NEWS NETWORK DECEMBER 14
« on: December 14, 2003, 01:15:18 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About the Billboard Music Awards show:

The upstart "American Idol" genre will also make its mark with Clay Aiken under the spotlight, BMA producer Michael Levitt says.

"We're making sure that the diversity of the artists represents all the different genres that are repped in the magazine's charts," Levitt explains.

That facts-and-figures focus is why artists like to be included in the BMAs, Levitt adds.

"It represents credibility," he says. "The awards are based on the charts, which can't lie. That makes the BMAs legit."

BILLBOARD LINK

Report to moderator    Logged 

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2003, 01:31:17 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rumor, gossip, innuendo?

Someone reported that Clay will be touring with Kelly Clarkson sometime next Spring.

I haven't been able to verify it yet, but I thought I'd post it because you will probably see it other places as well.

Claytime
  Clay & Kelly touring next spring!?
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2003, 01:41:49 PM »   

Let's hope it's true! :D
Thank You, Pamela. 8)

Angelis
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2003, 02:41:11 PM »   

Found this article:

All I want for Xmas is a celebrity makeover

December 14, 2003

BY PAIGE WISER SUN-TIMES COLUMNIST

This week's argument: That celebrities are in a rut:

Each year, I find that Christmas brings with it fewer surprises. This may be because I purchase all of my own gifts in advance, and then bill my loved ones for them, but the point is this: There's a little less magic in the season.

I blame celebrities. As the winter doldrums stifle our psyches, it seems like we've seen it all before, the same famous people doing the same things in the same places: Eating at the Ivy, wearing Ugg boots, studying Kabbalah, tongue-kissing Colin Firth. Often at the same time.

So forget materialistic gifts. All I want for Christmas is a genuine miracle or two.

Here's my wish list, celebrity division. This holiday season, I would like to see:

Michael Jackson with his makeup off. Does he still have a nose or not?

Jennifer Lopez in an Old Navy commercial.

Ben Affleck with his head shaved.

Clay Aiken making out with somebody. Anybody.

Rick Solomon, Paris Hilton's videographer, depantsed in Times Square when it's really cold.

David Gest's old nose.

Johnny Depp get a "superstar Eye" makeover. And an Oscar.

Pamela Anderson deflated, once and for all.

John Cusack smiling.

Britney Spears dancing and actually singing. At the same time.

Hugh Grant do a Long Island accent.

Jennifer Love Hewitt finally drop the "Love." Even Tiffani-Amber Thiessen outgrew her Amber.

Trista Rehn go away.

The Olsen twins in two separate places. Or at least not holding hands with each other.

Kate Hudson put her exposed pregnancy "bump" away. It's winter! The fetus is getting cold!

Sarah Jessica Parker match her shoes with her belt. And maybe even her purse.

Anna Kournikova justify her fame in some legitimate way. No fair doing hair-care commercials.

Halle Berry profiled in a magazine without mentioning the fact that she lost 80 percent of her hearing in one ear because of a famous, abusive boyfriend. If this isn't possible, would someone finally have the guts to publish his name? (Don't look at us. We value all our senses.)

Jack Nicholson date Diane Keaton in real life.

Russell Crowe and Six Foot Odd of Grunts release a holiday album. Who wouldn't want to hear him growl the classic "Mambo Santa Mambo"?

outthereforclay
  Make out with ME!, Clay!
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2003, 04:32:19 PM »   

MEE!, CLay, MEEEEEE!

Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2003, 07:32:37 PM »   

HA ha ha ha. Outthere, how did I know you would jump all over that remark? It cracked me up.

“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of kindnesses there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.” James Boswell

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2003, 09:22:23 PM »   

From TV Guide:

"In a recent TV Guide Online poll, we asked which American Idol 2 finalist you would vote for if you could choose again. More than 40,000 votes were cast, and it looks like Mr. Aiken now takes the measure of Ruben."

CLAY
86%
Votes: 

RUBEN
14%
Votes:

outthereforclay
  yada yada
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2003, 09:50:46 PM »   

uh....DUH! :roll:

I guess this poll was to just confirm that those 2 million CDs actually WERE bought and the 613,000 single CDs actually DID sell in one week and all the talk shows' ratings actually DID go up when Clay was a guest and....

well, you get my point :

GO, CLAY!

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Aiken News Network (ANN)  |  2003 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK DECEMBER 14

gfxgfx
gfx