gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229528 Posts in 2574 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay March 29, 2024, 02:21:41 AM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Aiken News Network (ANN)  |  2003 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK DECEMBER 12
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 2003 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK DECEMBER 12  (Read 1880 times)

fhmmany2

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
2003 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK DECEMBER 12
« on: March 25, 2010, 12:41:02 PM »
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

AIKEN NEWS NETWORK DECEMBER 12
« on: December 11, 2003, 11:17:53 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TGIF!

Some words of wisdom for a glorious Friday:

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

And now, the news!

Meet Clay Aiken!

Friday morning from 9-10 Clay Aiken will be live in the studio with Wank & O'Brien!  (Indianapolis radio station)

You can be a part of the show by coming down to our studios on Monument Circle with your signs. Clay will pick his favorite signs and invite them in! Make sure your signs have Clay and RadioNow 93.1 on them!

The Indy Santa Slam is Friday night.

RADIO NOW 93.1

Report to moderator    Logged 

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2003, 11:23:42 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From Q100 Radio in Atlanta:

We will give away BACKSTAGE PASSES to FROSTY THE SHOWMAN tomorrow, allowing one lucky winner to meet CLAY AIKEN!!

The Atlanta Frosty the Showman concert is Saturday night.  It's sold out!

Q100 RADIO LINK

outthereforclay
  the show goes on
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2003, 12:14:58 AM »   

You know, I'm  happy for all the Clay fans, but I can't help but wish Clay could just disappear for a while, you know? He obviously is exhausted--both from his schedule and his illness.

This is definitely one of the "cons" about fame....I'm sure he feels a real desire and responsibility to his fans to make sure "the show goes on", regardless of his health and stamina...

another reason to love this man....

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2003, 02:03:28 PM »   

There are lots of fans traveling today to the Indy Santa Slam, so we must vote extra times to cover them!  If you have the time to place an extra vote or two online for Invisible, maybe we can keep it in the top 2.

ThanX!

VOTE FOR INVISIBLE ON TRL!

You can vote on the Net or by phone (AI flashback!)
It's more effective to call in your votes if at all possible, because 1 phone call=50 online votes. Your phoned in votes count for the next day's show, and no calls are accepted on the weekends. 

You can only call in thirty minutes prior to the show.  TRL starts at 5pm EST, so that means you can call from 4:30pm-5pm EST, and then adjust for your time zone.

You can vote online all day, but you can only call in 3 times a day per phone line. 

The phone number is 1-800-DIAL-MTV (1-800-342-5688)
Call 30 minutes prior to the show starting!

To vote online, go to TRL VOTE.
Vote online all day!

I think it's very important for Clay's video to get lots of airplay.  It's a desirable demographic.  Since MTV hardly ever shows videos anymore, outside of TRL, it's our best chance of seeing it, and it's our best opportunity to help Clay.

Go to ABSOLUTE TRL for daily recaps!

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2003, 02:41:01 PM »   

Billboard Chartbeat Bonus:

COUNT THE IDOLS: Establishing a new record for any one Billboard chart, the "American Idol" franchise reaches new heights on the Adult Contemporary tally, with five different singers who have competed on the show charting at the same time.

Clay Aiken holds at No. 12 with "Invisible" (RCA), while moving 19-16 with "The First Noel" and standing pat at No. 22 with "Silver Bells," a duet with Kimberley Locke. First season winner Kelly Clarkson advances 25-19 with her version of "My Grown-Up Christmas List," while second-season winner Ruben Studdard is teamed with first season contestant Tamyra Gray on "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas," a new entry at No. 29.

A total of six Idols have appeared on various Billboard charts, as first season runner-up Justin Guarini went to No. 20 on The Billboard 200 with his first, self-titled release. Second season contestant Vanessa Olivarez hasn't charted in the U.S. yet, but did peak at No. 10 in Canada with "The One."

There's "Idol" activity on the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Singles & Tracks chart as well, where Studdard's second single, "Sorry 2004" (J), is the highest new entry at No. 43. His first R&B chart single, "Superstar," debuted at No. 61 the week of June 21. "Superstar" was the second-highest new entry that week, while "Shake Ya Tailfeather" by Nelly, P. Diddy & Murphy Lee took Hot Shot Debut honors at No. 57.

BILLBOARD

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2003, 04:01:38 PM »   

Clay and Kim Locke were on 93.1 in Indianapolis this morning. 

Go HERE to see the pictures.

It was revealed that The Way will be the next single off of MoaM, and....
that UNCC would soon be coming out with a Clay bobblehead doll.

Eek.

Leveland
SuperFan

RALEIGH'S TRAINER

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2003, 04:42:26 PM »   

Sorry Pamela I just posted the link on the Members Corner you can lock it if you want..

A  Founding Member of Claygirls
A blessed Clay Fan
Life is one bumpy road, But all of my Claygirls make it a lot easier ride.
In memory of  CH Leveland Jedi Jewel (Dallas) the best Dog in the world.  9-19-1994 to 12-24-2007

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2003, 05:31:46 PM »   

Quote from: Leveland
Sorry Pamela I just posted the link on the Members Corner you can lock it if you want..

That's ok Terry, I mainly just wanted to post about the.....bobblehead!

Sorry, but they scare me.   :roll:

Leveland
SuperFan

RALEIGH'S TRAINER

Bobble head
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2003, 05:46:55 PM »   

Hey Pamela They won't scare you if you read about what the BLPT Claygirls are saying.. You started something there... I think you are in for a rough nite.  Love Terry

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Aiken News Network (ANN)  |  2003 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK DECEMBER 12

gfxgfx
gfx