gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229519 Posts in 2574 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay March 28, 2024, 04:49:05 PM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Jukebox Tour 2005  |  WELCOME TO THE JUKEBOX TOUR FORUM!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: WELCOME TO THE JUKEBOX TOUR FORUM!  (Read 6826 times)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
WELCOME TO THE JUKEBOX TOUR FORUM!
« on: October 20, 2014, 08:51:35 PM »
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster

WELCOME TO THE JUKEBOX TOUR FORUM!

« on: July 15, 2005, 12:35:08 AM »

He's a Jukebox Hero......!

This forum is for media reviews, personal reviews and recaps, pictures and the sharing of all the wonderful experiences that go with road trips, meeting new friends and seeing Clay LIVE! in concert.   

Visiting 25 cities and spanning five decades of good music, this will be the fifth tour, and the third solo tour for Clay since he first hit the screen on American Idol in 2003.

Use the Concert Connection thread to hook up before the show then come here to talk about your concert experiences. Any cellcert threads will be in the main forum (Got Clay) and then moved here later.

We will have a dedicated thread for each performance, so please post in the appropriate thread  so we can all easily find the reviews.

There is a permanent sticky thread where all media reviews will be posted. Feel free to 'review the reviews' within this thread!

Thanks -- we hope your concert experience is one to remember!
ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
Re: WELCOME TO THE JUKEBOX TOUR FORUM!
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 08:52:34 PM »
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2005, 11:20:18 AM »

Somehow this got unstickied during the move....and ended up on page 2.

Sorry about that!   

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2014, 08:53:15 PM »
dance4clay26

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2005, 05:49:59 AM »

Hi everyone!  This is Melanie from Rochester,NY and Clay Aikens concert saturday night was awesome.  My friend and I really enjoyed the concert.  He sang alot of great songs and it was 2 in a half hours long with a 20 minute intermission.  I can not wait go see him again when he does his Christmas tour.  The weather was really nice,it was sunny and warm.  He danced and played the piano.

Melanie

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2014, 08:54:03 PM »
Liv-for-Clay

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2005, 12:47:11 AM »

Two days till Clay comes to Greenville!!! I can't wait to see him play the paino, or stand on it, like he said on GMA.
Hope to see some of ya'll there!!! 

Liv-for-Clay

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2014, 08:55:44 PM »
 d4kkkk

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2005, 09:48:52 AM »

I just arrived at 2am, after 1hr & 29 minutes. drive. Now I am watching the video taken from 4th rows. I used a pocket video camera. I knew it, the video is shakey at the beginning, I can't control my hands, maybe because I was thinking if it safe to video. I focus mostly at Clay face, half & whole body when dancing. Very nice, I just have just bear with it , coz it shakey. Also I run out battery. I was in 4th rows, so I have to looked for the window, especially when infront of you are taller. Remember I came to watch the concert not to video, & concert was not a holy place. So I can't blamed anybody.
I dont' care if no backdrop, Clay singing in the dark, less dancing, Clay body maybe will give up, but not the VOICE, THAT INCREDIBLE VOICE WOW! Since the beginning, Clay voice was perfect, right on target, glory notes 100%. The new songs, Coming Back For More & 1000 Days, Wow! I LIKE IT NOW. Clay also a natural entertainer, joker, witty, fun loving, bubbly, lively, cute, cool, especially when fans interaction. I don't know I saw Tom Jones concert in 1984, & that was it, I never long for more. No matter how sexy he was at that time. But Clay, I already saw him in multiple concerts, close & far, but I can't still get enough of him. Clay is just always new to me. Oh my goodness, Clay was so funny trying to avoid the flying object, while seating in the beans(what you called this?   Laughing). You know I am watching while I am posting Well, as of now you already read more reviews & I know the cellcert is always great, so mine is just and icing in the cake. NO OTHER CONCERT LIKE CLAY CONCERT! DON'T MISS  Super Happy!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2014, 08:59:53 PM »
d4kkkk

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2005, 11:49:42 AM »

I like to share withyou  the kettering review last night of the Mother & the son, that Clay invited to dance  as pip, last night,

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Just had to give you Alex's review of the show as told to his brothers. I videotaped it because it became so comical:

Alex: "It started with these people coming out and the one boy said to us.."someone give me a quarter to put in the 'juicebox' so I can play the music."
Evan: "Juicebox?..what?"
Alex: "yeah...there was a big 'juicebox' on the stage...you know that plays music when you put money in it..like at Johnny Rockets."
Ethan: "You are using the wrong word. That is not the right word. Let me think about what the right word is."
Alex: "Mom, tell them about the juicebox, they don't believe me"
Me: "It's called a 'Jukebox', it sounds very close to the word juicebox"
Ethan: "I knew he was using the wrong word. You can't put money in a juicebox"
Alex: "A very nice lady gave up her money to him and he put it in the juicebox."
Evan: "You could put money in a juicebox if you cut open the straw hole to be a little bigger, but it would never play music"
Ethan: "I could make music come out of a juicebox if I used my circuit board"
Alex: "I am getting very mad, you are not listening"
Evan: "I am listening"
Ethan:"I am listening. It is polite to listen to people when they are talking"
Alex: "The juicebox got broke some how. The song kept saying the same thing over and over again"
Ethan: "The CD was scratched"
Alex:"So all these people came out and tried to fix it and they hit the juicebox and it still didn't work. Then Clay Aiken came out and just put his thumb on it and it started working"
Ethan: "YOU SHOULD NEVER HIT A JUKEBOX, THAT IS PROBABLY WHY IT WAS BROKEN BECAUSE PEOPLE WERE HITTING IT"
Alex: "It was broke before they started hitting it."
Ethan: "I am sure that made it worse."
Alex: "It didn't make it worse, it was because it only works for Clay Aiken"
Evan: "Oh, it was a special jukebox"
Alex: "yes..it only works for Clay Aiken, did you hear me say that already?"
Ethan: "How much money was it?"
Alex:"What?"
Ethan:"How much money did the lady give up to hear the broken jukebox?"
Alex:"It was a 25 cent one. She found it on the floor" (?)
Ethan:"Magic jukeboxes don't need money, they play on their own like grandma's piano"

After about 20 minutes of bantering about the "juicebox" , the money, and why Clay licked his thumb before he touched it.... they determined it must be that Clay has "magic spit"...the conversation went like this:

Alex: "Then he walked off the stage and came right over to me. He said he saw my shirt dancing, I think,... you know I weared my orange shirt with the beach designs in it"
Ethan:"How close did he get to you? I don't like orange. I really don't like orange"
Alex: "He was only this far away"
Ethan:"Was he too close?...you can't get too close to people it will make them feel uncomfortable."
Alex:"He was not too close"
Evan:"Why are you holding your hand up like that?"
Alex: "I am pretending to hold a microphone like Clay Aiken was holding a microphone"
Evan: "Why was he holding a microphone if you were this close already?"
Alex: "Mom, why were we talking in the microphone if he was this close to me already?"
Me: "Why do you think?
Alex:"oh yeah..so everyone else could hear us...you guys are making me all confused...stop talking and let me talk only for awhile"
Ethan: "If he was that close to you, I hope he wasn't talking to you with food in his mouth. It is rude to talk with food in your mouth."
Alex: "He did not have food in his mouth Ethan. CLay Aiken was not eating anything while he was talking to me."
Ethan: "You saw into his mouth and there was no food?"
Alex: "I did not look into his mouth, the microphone was in the way."
Ethan: "He may have had food in his mouth, it is rude to talk with food in your mouth."
Alex:"Mom, make him be quiet right now!"
Me: "Tell them what happened next"
Alex: "Oh I forgot to tell them about when I fell off my chair because it was wet and I fell really hard on my bottom. Remember that mom? What did that lady say?
Me: She called you bottom, your bon-bon. She told you to shake it off--to shake your bon-bon---I think it was because of a song that Clay would sing.
Alex: "Oh yeah, then I cried because I got scared to go up on the stage because I didn't want people to laugh at me..but I did go up on stage didn't I Mom ?, and I did shake my bon-bon (he laughs hysterically)"
Me:"Yes, you did, you shook your bon-bon...but we will not be saying those words anymore from now on okay?"
Ethan: "It's rude to use naughty words. That sounds like a naughty word. We don't talk about certain body parts"
Alex: I went on stage with Mom after she said 'YOU CAN DO THIS...I KNOW YOU CAN' oh...the most important part was we prayed about it, didn't we? After we prayed and the one lady gave me bubble gum (Ethel) I wasn't scared anymore. But I was cold. It was cold back behind the stage. There was a fan blowing and it was making me cold. Then we went on the stage and danced and Clay Aiken finished his singing, and he wasn't eating anything either so don't ask. He gave one of his shirts to me to keep, here it is. Don't touch it...wait okay...you can touch it. Then after Clay Aiken finished his singing, the juicebox came back on the stage and I knew he was going to hit it, so I said 'don't hit it, don't hit it'...because that means the concert is over. But he hit it anyway and then it was over. I fell asleep in the car on the way home.
Ethan: "It was good that you said 'don't hit it!' because that's how things get broken. That is why the jukebox is not working right... what's for breakfast?"

from sister site CB, cellcerts & member reviews:

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2014, 09:03:08 PM »
d4kkkk

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2005, 08:24:54 PM »

Happy Clayday To All! I arrived home safely at 5:30pm. First of all, regards to all the claymates that I meet & greet from NH & Boston JBT concerts; wyn, stella, ( my permanent travelling claymates to NH & other concerts), kumanman, alday, gail( my travelling claymates to Boston), hotclay, maryada,( who gave me a warm hug, when she found out I was d4k), paclay, clanday, ellenpopppy, lyninNJ, clayniac2, cfcf, irene & pam (from NC Lecherous broads), bestfriend kristine & melissa, jeanett & connie, renee4clay. See all again in Borgota.
Please bear with me, coz, I write as I talk lol! I saw the Toms River, Musicfest, NH & Boston, JBT concerts, and no matter how much the size of the audience no matter it was sold out, half full, more than half full , closer to sold out, Clay audience & clay fans are the most energetic, enthusiastic, loudest, devoted, loving, caring fans I ever witnessed. It's not the size of the audience, but the affections that the fans are giving to Clay are so touching. I can see Clay reactions & I can see his happiness & his joyfullness when performing. Clay is giving it all. I like his laughing, sweet smile, gigling, cracking, energetic & sexy moves, adorkable facial ex-pression, his high regards & respect to his bands, crew, & staffs. I like his audience/fans interactions, in car wash, stump the band, can't touch that, & invisible song, so real & full of joy. I saw Clay wore eyeglasses, for some reason, & he was coughing in one moment, & still managed to make fun of himself. Oh, Clay you are really a troupper! I don't usually looked around to see the audience/fans reactions when Clay is performing. I focus on Clay performances & facial ex-pressions. Clay voice is no doubt the most gifted. It was perfect to me , even it is not perfect to others. Coz no matter what, perfect, rasped, hoarsed, cracking, still I can hear that incredible voice coming from his heart. Once Clay started to sing his own songs, it's bittersweet to me, coz I know the end of the night is coming to an end, & I don't like to see the end ! Clay said his final good night, his final salute, clasping his both hands close to his heart & vow! I keep telling to myself, no no, not yet Clay please don't hit it yet, no not yet!! Clay turned his back, raised his left arm, & pounded the Jukebox. CLAY LEFT THE BUILDING, but he left his heart to his fans. WHAT A GREAT SHOW, AS ALWAYS!

Marlovesclay & hotclay, did a great reviews on both shows. I always enjoy Clay pounding the Jukebox in the beginning. once Clay started singing & twisting, the party started. I enjoy all the songs in the 50's, but mostly the Elvis medley & songs, coz this is my era. 60's is so much fun to watch. 70's Clay dancing is so adorable. All the solo songs are perfect to me. Clay gave all his right emotions to each songs & nailed it.

tidbits;

In NH, I saw Clay, doing the meet & greet, by peeking by the fence . The security staff let me stayed for awhile before he finally let me go away from the fence. I saw Clay in horizontal stripe blue shirt with eyeglass on. The table setting was facing me, whlie I was peeking, so everytime Clay signed & posed for Clayfans pictures, Clay was facing me without him knowing, coz I was behind the fence. Everything was just automatic, meet, greet, signed, pose, smile & click, then next, meet, greet, signed, pose, smlie & click, & this was for the 14th times or more Clay doing this repeatedly. WOW! I just wish Clay has a permanent smiling mask. I am sure Clay & most especially the LUCKY fans had a great time!

"'NJ LOVES CLAY" this are my two travelling claymates holding the sign, that called the attention of Clay during NH concert.

The Boston Clay by the Bay pre party was a success. Everybody were enjoying each other, making friends, reuniting with friends. Good foods.

We met lots of clayfans from Fairfield Hotel, NH that we stayed after the NH concert. It was like a Clay Aiken fans conventions. Like us, leaving in the morning, an hour drive to Boston Concert.

Just to check- in in Seaport Hotel, a walking distance hotel to the Boston concert venue. Lots of Clay fans from diffferent places, like California, New England, Texas, Canada, North Carolina, New York, New jersey, Conneticut, to name a few. Lots of familair faces.

It started to rain dropped, when everybody were started to go inside the concert venue. I prayed so hard that let Clay concert goes without rain. God heard our prayers. It didn't rain at all, even after the concert.

My two travelling friends stayed & waited to Clay come out from the bus. But came home dissapointed.   They thought,  Clay left speeding in a white car. It got me worried, coz Clay never left his bus without valid reasons.

Now I read the reviews from last night, I am glad Clay is fine. Ok, let our Clay concert adventure continues!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2014, 09:04:10 PM »
d4kkkk

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2005, 05:08:14 PM »

GREAT, GREAT REVIEWS BY HEAVENS2 FROM SISTER SITE CLAYBOARD  I was there too, heavens2 was like putting words into my mouth,    Clay & the whole show was amazing !

If you thought Clay was ON in any of his other JBT shows, it pales by comparison to tonight. He was snarky, chatty, giggly, prankster, beautifully sexy and funny Clay all wrapped up into one preciously adorable package. We were treated to 3 full hours of the 10 member Clay & Crew gags for the final evening of the tour. So much happened that I forget in what order it all took place, but I'll do my best to post a few of the more memorable highlights:

1) Before I forget, Clay will be appearing on the NBC Telethon tomorrow night (Friday) at 8:00 pm to support the hurricane victims. He snuck in that announcement while mentioning that Jacob, Daniel, and Felix will be at the Cutting Room in Manhattan tomorrow night and that we had a choice of watching them or him on TV. LOL! Don't know what he'll be singing or how long he'll be on for, but I hope everyone will tune in. We'll have Clack for one more night!

2) The girls took turns spraying Silly String all over Clay at some point toward the end of the show! It was in his hair, on his face, all over his clothing and I'm surprised it wasn't in his mouth! It was so so funny watching him try to get it off. One of the crew threw him a towel and he attempted to wipe off most of it but finally gave up and tossed it across the stage toward S'von!

3) When he sat down at the piano to play "Love Me Tender" he was in the middle of changing into the blue suede shoes. All of a sudden he said something about making sure he had the right shoes on the correct feet and that they were full of whipped cream!!! He made all kinds of funny faces during most of the Elvis numbers, as he was walking on squishy soles. LOL!

4) Stump the Band had them doing a snippet of "Carolina on My Mind" and also "Isn't She Lovely" (by Stevie Wonder). He sounded incredible on both, as usual, but it was a treat to hear him sing something he'd never sung for us before.

5) Jacob took Clarence's spot at the electric keyboard for "End of the Road" and did a Mickey Mouse version of Barry White! Clarence sat on the stool next to Clay and sang his heart out!

6) At some point, Clay forgot what he was saying and he turned to the audience and said "I just had a brain fart!" A few seconds later, he teasingly whispered into the microphone, "he said 'fart'"! Like it was some awful word he shouldn't be saying. :-)

7) He once again polled the audience by saying he had some field research to do. After finding out how many people had been to previous shows versus how many were there for the first time, he finally concluded that maybe they'd just do the Christmas show right there in Atlantic City every night and all the same people could just show up night after night. The audience roared at that!

8) Near the start of the show, he was asking someone on the front row if they were okay, as they were screaming almost constantly. He pointed out that the show was 3 hours long and she might have a problem if she continued for that long. He even playfully suggested that security was needed in that particular area of the venue!

9) The guy who was picked to dance is Diane Weyer's (claywired) husband! As luck would have it, Diane had upgraded their seats today by finding a 2nd row pair on Ebay, so there they sat when it came time to find another Pip! She told Clay they'd been together for 33 years; he wisely advised her hubby that if he agreed to help them out on stage for the 70's set, he might even make it to 35 years!

10) The entire band came out at Clay's invitation during "Can't Touch This" and danced hysterically on stage! You'd have to see it to believe it and I wish I had some video of the evening, but I made the conscious decision not to take my camera so I could more fully absorb what was happening on this very special final night.

11) We brought out the glowsticks for "Tears Run Dry" and Clay was obviously very touched. In sign language, he said "thank you" to us and had that sweet lip-bite ex-pression on his face before he launched into "Back for More."

12) Tonight he did "I Can't Make You Love Me" slower than ever before, taking his time during the phrasing and putting even more emotion into the song than I thought was possible. Not one single scream or shout or whistle was heard -- only Clay's magnificently passionate voice and S'von's beautiful piano-playing. I balled my eyes out during most of it.

13) Saw one guy up front (I was in 7th row center) with the largest camera I've ever seen. It was enormous and he was liberal with the picture-taking. Hopefully they'll turn up somewhere soon!

14) Met Little John after the concert out in the lobby. He's even more adorable in person and actually seemed a little shy. He was clutching gobs of brightly-colored streamers in one hand (that had fallen from the ceiling at the end of the show) and at least 2 glowsticks in the other.

15) Maureen danced a ballerina-type number during her part of the band intros. :-) She was flitting across the stage as light as air and was really quite good, even though she was trying to be comical.

16) Someone mentioned that Clay had Silly String still stuck to his chin long after he'd gotten most of it off. He said to the rest of the audience "y'all were just gonna let it sit there and not tell me, so that you could take pictures of it and post it on the web site!" Then he said to the woman who pointed it out to him how much he appreciated her. LOL!

17) During WDC, Jacob snuck up behind Clay and ran his hand through Clay's hair while the girls were frisking his tummy!

18) A crew member came out and danced along with the girls for Livin La Vida Loca!

I see the picture of the night is up over in the video/pics thread! Clay looks darling in Silly String, don't you think?!?

There's probably SO much more that I haven't told you about, but I'm sure someone else will fill in what I've left out. I'm on my way in about 4 hours to my next destination of Cape Cod, where I"ll be for a week. Hope they have Internet access at the rental house, because I don't think I'm ready to give up the JBT quite yet!

Hugs to everyone here at the Clayboard -- it was great fun meeting so many of you in the past 6 weeks! Christmas will be here before you know it!

Betsy

Edited by: heavens2 at: 9/2/05 2:19 am

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Jukebox Tour 2005  |  WELCOME TO THE JUKEBOX TOUR FORUM!

gfxgfx
gfx