gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229924 Posts in 2575 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay April 23, 2024, 11:00:46 AM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Aiken News Network (ANN)  |  AIKEN NEWS NETWORK SEPT 30, 2014
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK SEPT 30, 2014  (Read 2244 times)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
AIKEN NEWS NETWORK SEPT 30, 2014
« on: September 30, 2014, 06:52:54 AM »

Sep 29 2014, 12:32 PM

From FB: https://www.facebook.com/stephanie.dulski

Stephanie Ringer Dulski
42 mins ·

Ready for take off!! Heading to San Francisco....Clay Aiken sitting in first class
ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
Re: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK SEPT 30, 2014
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2014, 06:53:34 AM »
Good afternoon, CA4NC Gold Members!
It is time to reveal last week's raffle winner. Everyone, please join me in congratulating MARIE JACKSON of Bloomington, IN. Marie, you are the winner of the "Spend a day with Clay" contest, which entitles you to come visit North Carolina's 2nd District and hit the campaign trail for a day. We will be reaching out to you soon to work out details of your visit.

CA4NC Gold Circle Weekly Raffle #14
This week’s raffle prize is:
A personalized copy of Clay's 2008 "On My Way Here" album
The next raffle winner will be announced on Monday, October 6th.
Thank you and good luck!

Eric Cannon
Clay Aiken For North Carolina

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2014, 06:59:44 AM »
The Best of Broadway Supports Clay Aiken - With Performances by Christine Ebersole, Beth Leavel, and Betty Buckley

September 29 2014

1:09 PM

by Anna Bencivengo

Broadway stars Christine Ebersole, Beth Leavel, and Betty Buckley will perform at an event to support Clay Aiken's campaign for US Congress. Aiken is running on the Democratic ticket for North Carolina's 2nd district.

The Best of Broadway will take place from 7-9 p.m. on Wednesday, October 1 at the home of Philip Birsh 311 W 105th St. New York, NY 10025.

Purchase tickets or sponsor the event at www.clayaiken.com/broadway.

For more information, email events@clayaiken.com or call (919) 297-8466 x1001.

Clay Aiken became a household name while appearing on the second season of American Idol, turning millions of viewers into instant fans. Following American Idol, his debut album Measure of a Manskyrocketed to multi-platinum status. Mr. Aiken has launched ten national concert tours, authored a New York Times best-selling memoir, Learning to Sing: Hearing the Music in Your Life, and released several albums including, Merry Christmas with Love, A Thousand Different Ways and On My Way Here, all of which debuted in the top five on the Billboard chart. Mr. Aiken Starred in a televised Christmas special, A Clay Aiken Christmas and a live concert special in 2010 on PBS Tried & True Live! He has appeared on many popular television shows including Lifetime's Drop Dead Diva, Scrubs, 30 Rock and Saturday Night Live. Mr. Aiken garnered broad critical acclaim for his Broadway debut as Sir Robin in the Tony Award winning production of Spamalot in 2008 and 2009.

In 2004, Clay was honored to be asked by UNICEF to become an ambassador for education programs. Wanting to be an active participant and not simply a spokesperson, Clay dove in, visiting UNICEF programs to protect and educate "night commuters" fleeing rebel soldiers of the Lord's Resistance Army in Uganda. He also traveled to Kabul and Bamiyan in Afghanistan to serve women and children after the fall of the Taliban regime. He has since traveled the world to places like Kenya, Indonesia, and Somalia; met with multiple leaders of nations in crisis; and raised more than $1 million to help fund UNICEF programs.

Having served as a teacher, mental health advocate, and international UNICEF ambassador, Clay is now turning his attention back home.

Born and raised in Raleigh, Clay Aiken is proud to be an eighth-generation North Carolinian. As much as he has traveled this country and the world, North Carolina has always remained home to him, a place of family, faith and foundation

BROADWAY WORLD

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2014, 07:02:22 AM »
Clay event at ClayFor NC

https://www.facebook.com/events/1470947853169776/?ref=3&ref_newsfeed_story_type=regular

Isiah Thomas, Stephen Hill, Clive Davis, Desmond Child and Jeff Rabhan - with guest DJ Zeke Thomas - invite you to join us at Goldbar New York for a meet 'n greet in support of Clay Aiken.

Clay is an eighth-generation North Carolinian challenging vulnerable Congresswoman Renee Ellmers. Clay is running for Congress to represent the people of North Carolina -- not a political party or the special interests.

Please join us this Thursday to support Clay's run for Congress and help get him to Washington!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2014, 07:07:47 AM »
http://www.southernpoliticalreport.com/sto...k_929_4172.aspx

Dixie’s competitive congressional contests
By Hastings Wyman
Southern Political Report

September 29, 2014 —

Lots of attention has been paid to the competitive US Senate races in the South, since the outcomes will determine which party controls the upper chamber for the next two years. But also important are the competitive US House races, which can strengthen or weaken the GOP’s 234-to-201 hold on the lower chamber.

(snip)

The Democrats have six opportunities to pick up congressional seats in the South: Arkansas’s 2nd & 4th Districts, Florida’s 2nd District, North Carolina’s 2nd District, and Virginia’s 2nd and 10th Districts.

(snip)

North Carolina’s 2nd District (Sanford, etc.) features an unexpectedly strong Democratic nominee in Clay Aiken, who gained national fame singing on America’s Got Talent. His celebrity status brought him a hard-fought and slim victory in the primary over a seasoned politician. Sophomore Renee Ellmers ® may not be the strongest Republican incumbent, but she has good ties with House Speaker John Boehner and represents a solidly Red district (Romney 57%). US Sen. Kay Hagan (D-NC) is running better than expected, which should help Aiken. Nevertheless, likely Republican.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2014, 07:11:39 AM »
@hatunruna: Fundraiser for Clay Aiken here in Napa. (@ Whetstone Wine Cellars in Napa, CA) https://t.co/v6JL6rmjvg http://t.co/qqSoDkrpdV

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2014, 07:14:06 AM »

Sep 29 2014, 11:11 PM

Juliana Inman ?@mizblueprint 53m53 minutes ago
With Clay Aiken at Whetstone cellars! http://fb.me/1kzouZAdB 

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2014, 07:27:57 AM »
CLAYSKATER AT CV

Sep 30 2014, 12:01 AM

Just got home from Napa and an evening with Clay and Nick.

There were about 100 people there and most of the crowd was made up of political people in the area and people in the wine community. Clay gave a wonderful speech and asked for questions. He got a few and he answered them and got applause.

Clay was surrounded by people the entire time and it was fun to see Nick watching and "saving" him when needed.

I am sure this was a successful event. It was announced that after the earthquake, no one asked for their money back when the event was postponed. AND...more people were then added to the list. They said that some that donated could not attend but their donation was still in the pot.

The setting could not be more beautiful. There was a beautiful outdoor area and the bar was inside. Lots of servers with fabulous snacks!!

I am so glad that I could attend with my son!!

ETA:

I forgot to mention that the british videographer that was in Raleigh last weekend was at the Napa event. He was busy the entire time. We did talk a few minutes and I asked if I could bring him a glass of wine..he declined, but wished he could. He did say, he was so glad for this assignment because he really enjoyed Clay and thought he was a great guy. He also said that he was so moved by the Gala and the honorees. Nice guy!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2014, 07:34:33 AM »
http://dailyhaymaker.com/?p=9265

NC-02: Twisted Sister, Dennis Wicker, and — RepublAIKENs ????
by Brant Clifton • September 29, 2014 • 1 Comment

“What is that? A Twisted Sister pin on your uniform?”

We knew that Clay Aiken’s entry into the Second congressional district race was going to turn things into a circus. Speaking of circus — Twisted Sister frontman Dee Snider (not to be confused with Raleigh-based GOP consultant Dee Stewart) has stepped out front to help Aiken raise money for his race against Republican incumbent Renee Ellmers. He even took to Twitter to praise the American Ido

Snider and Aiken DO have some history together. They’ve both done ‘Celebrity Apprentice.‘ And they’ve even cut a song together. Penn Jillette — a renowned libertarian — had words of praise for Aiken, as did former Idol judge Paula Abdul and Idol winner Ruben Studdard.

Another — much more local — celebrity of sorts is also stepping out for Aiken. Former Lt. Gov. and long-time Second District resident Dennis Wicker is heading up a fundraising effort for Aiken.

The Second District is overwhelmingly Republican. So, it will take some fancy footwork on Aiken’s part to upset Ellmers. But Clay has been out aggressively campaigning. He’s even reached out to Tea Party groups in the district. His campaign’s latest marketing ploy includes yard signs that identify the property owner as a “RepublAiken.”

Clay Aiken and Renee Ellmers are scheduled to debate on October 6 in Pinehurst before a regional TV audience.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2014, 07:40:06 AM »

Clay Aiken in Los Angeles for Sept. 30 Congressional Fundraiser

Posted on  9/29/2014 7:04:00 PM  by  Karen Ocamb

I don’t recall fans asking Republican congressional candidate Sonny Bono to sing at every campaign stop when he was running for Congress in Palm Springs in 1994. But like fellow Republicans Arnold Schwarzenegger and Ronald Reagan, the famed Sonny & Cher performer had no problem using his entertainment fame to get votes. Democratic entertainers, on the other hand, seem determined to prove they’re serious. Lots of people were disappointed, for instance, when SNL funny man Al Franken didn’t tell jokes at political gatherings after he won his Democratic senatorial seat from Minnesota.

Clay Aiken, who many remember as the American Idol runner-up, seems to be having a similar issue, with people wanting him to sing for votes. But given half a chance, Aiken reveals he is smart and knows his stuff. Aiken is a candidate for Congress in North Carolina’s 2nd District. Supporters are holding a fundraiser for him on Tuesday, Sept. 30 from 6:00-8:00p at the home of Michael Corbett. (Go to this Facebook page for more info and tickets)

That Aiken is smart and a quick study was something he repeatedly proved on Celebrity Apprentice before Donald Trump chose the less-hard-working Arsenio Hall as the winner instead—a decision that rankled fans who thought Trump displayed more than a tinge of homophobia.

The Wall Street Journal noted an interview  with Aiken by Cook Political Report analyst David Wasserman who warned critics not to write Aiken off. “Aiken took us by surprise, quickly washing away any notion he’s another superficial, stage-managed Hollywood star dabbling into politics as a new hobby,”  Wasserman wrote in the subscription-based newsletter. “Aiken was not only polished and poised, but relaxed, free-wheeling, persuasive, and politically realistic.”

Aiken had a hard-fought primary, which he uncomfortably won by default when his Democratic challenger died unexpectedly. He suspended his campaign – but has since come roaring back, hoping to defeat the Tea Party darling, incumbent Rep. Renee Ellmers, who was re-elected in 2012 with 56% of the vote.

Reporting on an LGBT fundraiser for Aiken in New York, Mike Spies at Vocative wrote:

Aiken is running for Congress in North Carolina’s 2nd District against Renee Ellmers, an arch-conservative incumbent who rode the 2010 Tea Party wave into office. She is not a particularly savvy politician; during wonky budget talks in July, she commanded her male House colleagues to “bring it down to a woman’s level.” But the 2nd District is squarely Republican, and Ellmers is favored to win.

On the other hand, the Democrats are pushing very hard to keep Kay Hagen’s  Senate seat—a get-out-the-vote effort that could benefit Clay Aiken. Just imagine the history: a Southern state elects a gay man to Congress!

Here’s Aiken’s introductory video:

FRONTIERSLA

WilsonClaymate

• Enthusiastic
  • The way you make me feel
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2014, 09:31:43 PM »
What great news today.  I hope the momentum keeps growing. 

Thanks so much for finding this and bringing it over here.
"For me he's not a hobby, he's not an obsession, he's a joy, something that makes me happy..."    ~cc777

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2014, 07:35:33 AM »
YAHOO
there's video

'American Idol' star Clay Aiken sings a different tune in bid for Congress

The Fine Print

More than a decade after Clay Aiken made his singing debut on the stage of “American Idol,” he is taking to the political stage, competing for a very different sort of title: U.S. Congressman.

Running as a Democrat in North Carolina’s 2nd District, Aiken is making the case to voters that his voice is good for more than just singing.

“What people don't recognize is that in the months and weeks following “American Idol,” I worked to set up an organization for kids with disabilities, and for the last 11 years I've helped grow that organization from one that had programs in North Carolina to one that has programs in states across the country,” Aiken told “The Fine Print.”

In an effort to get voters to focus on him as a candidate rather than a singer, Aiken has put a stop on the singing – at least for now – as he travels across in his native North Carolina, where he faces an uphill battle as a Democrat running in a conservative district.

“I recognize that this box that people have me in is that of a singer,” Aiken said. “There's a whole bunch more to me than just being a singer, and we've done a great job of explaining that to folks. By singing I put myself back in the box, and that's not necessarily what we're trying to do here.”

During an appearance on “The Colbert Report,” Stephen Colbert tried to get Aiken to sing the national anthem with him, but he refused. “There's a very big difference [between] doing it in a mocking way and doing it seriously,” Aiken explained.

“The Colbert Report” aside, Aiken has made a few exceptions to his ban on campaign trail singing.

“There've been one or two times on the campaign trail, where it was organic – there was a band, and somebody else was singing – and I stepped up and sang just a little bit,” Aiken said.

Aiken said he’s running for Congress to fill what he sees as a “vacuum” of needed leadership in Washington. And in his home district, Aiken believes there is a sentiment of anger toward Republican Rep. Renee Ellmers, who was elected in 2010.

“My mom used to joke that I was gonna go … to Hollywood, and “go Hollywood.” And I clearly did not, I stayed about a year and a half and came home, and I'm the same person I was before,” Aiken said.

And though Aiken said he didn’t “go Hollywood,” he believes Ellmers has gone Washington.

For more of the interview with Aiken, and to hear if he will sing again if elected to Congress, check out this episode of “The Fine Print.”

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2014, 07:36:27 AM »
Michael Falcone ?@michaelpfalcone · 37s38 seconds ago
NC Congressional hopeful @clayaiken got the @jimrutenberg treatment on Sun http://nyti.ms/1rq5vrF & today @jeffzeleny http://yhoo.it/ZnBGMN

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2014, 07:39:22 AM »
NC Zero ?@NC_Zero · 5m5 minutes ago
#Asheboro #nc is being spammed by pro clay aiken signs. Someone needs to do something about it. #Nc-02 #tcot

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Aiken News Network (ANN)  |  AIKEN NEWS NETWORK SEPT 30, 2014

gfxgfx
gfx