gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229983 Posts in 2575 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay April 27, 2024, 10:31:55 AM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Aiken News Network (ANN)  |  2003 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK DECEMBER 9
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 2003 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK DECEMBER 9  (Read 1893 times)

fhmmany2

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
2003 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK DECEMBER 9
« on: March 25, 2010, 12:32:50 PM »
Author  Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK DECEMBER 9  (Read 789 times) 

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

AIKEN NEWS NETWORK DECEMBER 9
« on: December 09, 2003, 08:25:12 AM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Happy Tuesday!  Here's some words of wisdom for you:  "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got." (Verne Hill)

:

And now, on to the news!

Flu cuts short set by 'Idol' singer Clay Aiken
Ernest A. Jasmin; The News Tribune

America's favorite "American Idol" could use a cough drop.

Singer Clay Aiken suffered from the flu during his abbreviated, three-song set Sunday night at the Tacoma Dome, according to RCA Records spokesman Roger Widynowski. But Aiken did manage to squeeze in his biggest hit "Invisible" before making his exit from the Jingle Bell Bash, the annual holiday gala thrown by KBKS-FM (106.1, "Kiss.")

There is a chance that local fans will get to see Aiken again once he's stocked up on chicken soup. He plans to embark on his own headlining tour early next year, though the specific details have yet to be determined, Widynowski said.

LINK

Report to moderator    Logged 

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2003, 08:27:46 AM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seattle Times Jingle Bell Bash review:

One artist who got plenty of love was Clay Aiken.

Aiken, the ubiquitous "American Idol" runner-up, flexed his ability to carry off pop-rock just as he does swooning ballads during a very brief set that featured songs from his smash debut, "Measure of a Man."

Wearing casual Friday attire and sporting wire-rimmed glasses, affable Aiken thanked Seattle fans for making his album and the single, "Invisible," a hit, before performing that song and other worthy singles, "I Will Carry You" and "Run To Me."

Aiken's boy-next-door charm and slight Southern drawl makes him likable, and though there's a certain sameness to the material — namely tackling relationships and issues of the heart — it's really about the voice. And Aiken's voice, though at times almost overpowering against the recorded music, was rich and hearty, powerful enough that even Simon Cowell would find it hard to fault.

LINK

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2003, 08:28:47 AM »   

Chicago Tribune AI Christmas CD review:

Various Artists, "American Idol: The Great Holiday Classics"
The sequencing alone speaks volumes: Runner-up Clay Aiken leads off with "The First Noel" while winner Ruben Studdard duets with Tamyra Gray on track two but doesn't get a proper solo until Track 10, with the laughably white-bread "This Christmas." The other winner, Kelly Clarkson, is relegated to the last two tracks. At least the album's producers were thoughtful enough to make Justin Guarini's "I'll Be Home For Christmas" the shortest track on the album. In the end: marginal talent, zero discipline.

LINK

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2003, 08:31:50 AM »   

Ernie Halter is one of the backup singers in the band that performs with Clay.  He's the guy with the big smile who plays his guitar while singing backup.  The band will be performing with Clay at the Billboard Music Awards!  Here's an update from him:

Hi everyone! Hope you all had a nice Thanksgiving. I always have a lot to be thankful for and this year even more so. One of the things I'm thankful for is this crazy business of music I'm in and how it gives me the chance to do what I love. If you want to come see me do what I love do to here are some gigs I have coming up this week.

1- Billboard Music Awards (December 10th - Wednesday Night Live on Fox) Appearing with Mr. Clay Aiken.  If the BMA's are half as cool as the AMA's then I have a lot to look forward to.

2 - Starbucks in Old Town Pasadena (December 11th - 8pm-10pm)
117 W Colorado Blvd Pasadena CA (626) 577-4622)
A fairly intimate solo show with a chance to meet and greet a little. I'll be doing a mixed bag of covers and originals. For those of you anxiously awaiting the new CD, this will be an excellent chance to sneak-preview some of the songs. Copies of Ernie Halter Live will also be available for $10. Watch out for some possible 'special guests'. You just never know who could drop in.

I've been enjoying the recent promo-tour with Clay. Getting to do Letterman and TRL last week was a great experience. Looking over Time Square's  from MTV studios and seeing all of those people down there-- it was quite a sight.

The CD project is steadily coming along. Check www.erniehalter.com within the next week or so for new .mp3 samples.

Take care everyone. Hope you can stay sane in the the pre-Christmas madness.

Ernie

Jexter
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2003, 01:17:03 PM »   

This is the best "News Network" I've read! Good, good, and more good for Clay!

GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

ANN
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2003, 01:59:15 PM »   

PAMELA YOU ARE THE BEST.  THIS THREAD JUST MADE MY DAY.  A POSSIBLE CONCERT EARLY NEXT YEAR?  HOW GREAT IS THAT?  THANKS.

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2003, 07:43:09 PM »   

According to HITS DAILY DOUBLE sales for MoaM last week were 111,542. Total sales were down 23% from last week but he still went UP to number 11 from number 13 last week! 

Alicia Keys sold 625,055 to beat Clay for total first week sales.  But he is still number 4 on the list for first week sales for the year.

(registration required at HDD.)

CONGRATULATIONS CLAY!

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Aiken News Network (ANN)  |  2003 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK DECEMBER 9

gfxgfx
gfx