gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229524 Posts in 2574 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay March 28, 2024, 07:21:21 PM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Aiken News Network (ANN)  |  2003 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK DECEMBER 10
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 2003 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK DECEMBER 10  (Read 1807 times)

fhmmany2

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
2003 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK DECEMBER 10
« on: March 25, 2010, 12:36:40 PM »
Author  Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK DECEMBER 10  (Read 1435 times) 

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

AIKEN NEWS NETWORK DECEMBER 10
« on: December 09, 2003, 11:13:23 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clay is one of Rolling Stone's People of the Year!

ROLLING STONE

CONGRATULATIONS CLAY!

Report to moderator    Logged 

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2003, 11:45:16 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MTV has declared Clay a 'Breakout Star of 2003!'

MTV LINK

(Scroll down and the list is on the right side of the screen.)

CONGRATULATIONS CLAY!

Jeannette
  Rolling Stone picture
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2003, 03:39:03 AM »   

The Rolling Stone picture is gorgeous!  One I had never seen before.  And you can vote to rate it.  Five stars of course!

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2003, 06:40:48 AM »   

This is what Danielle from YTV (Canada) had to say about meeting Clay when he cohosted with her:

Ok, I have one word to describe how amazing it was to have Clay Aiken co-host the show....oh wait, I already said it.....AMAZING!!! Simply amazing! Ahhhh, it was the best!

I'm sure you guys already know that he is the sweetest guy in the world but I was so surprised at how funny he is! He spent a lot of the time just goofing around! He was teasing me about the way I said "sorry" but to me the way HE said "sorry" (with his Southern accent) was much funnier.

He was so thrilled to hear that you guys voted him straight to #1 and he had no idea he had so many devoted fans in Canada! Yay you guys!

AND I was so surprised to hear that he and I have the same breed of dog!! Clay's is a 13 week old female border terrier name Raleigh (his home town) and mine is a 2 year old male named Griffyn. My dog typically doesn't like other dogs but I'm sure he'd get to like Raleigh. Clay had a video camera with him and actually showed me home video of his puppy....she is the sweetest thing, just like him!

Clay really did impress me. Not only is he an incredible performer, but he's so polite, well mannered, and such a gentleman. He is a great role model and wonderful person. I'm so thankful I got the chance to chat with him.

All in all it was on of the best trips I've ever been on and I hope you guys loved watching it as much as I loved doing it. In case you missed the show or if you wanna see it again, remember it's on Saturday night at 10pm ET!

Love,
Danielle

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2003, 06:45:56 AM »   

You may have seen Clay and Ruben on A&E's Top 10 to Watch on Biography last night.  He may be on again tonight.  If you have visited The Polling Place thread recently, you may have voted in A&E's 'Cleanest Image' poll.  This segment was previewed on Tuesday's nights A & E Biography. A clip of the Invisible video was shown, so evidently he's in!

The program airs on A & E at 8:00 p.m. EST and at Midnight.

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2003, 07:04:23 AM »   

Clay is number 24 on Lycos Top 50 Most Wanted for 2004:

LYCOS TOP 50

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2003, 11:38:47 AM »   

Invisible has been #1 on TRL 4 times!

VOTE FOR INVISIBLE ON TRL!

You can vote on the Net or by phone (AI flashback!)
It's more effective to call in your votes if at all possible, because 1 phone call=50 online votes. Your phoned in votes count for the next day's show, and no calls are accepted on the weekends. 

You can only call in thirty minutes prior to the show.  TRL starts at 5pm EST, so that means you can call from 4:30pm-5pm EST, and then adjust for your time zone.

You can vote online all day, but you can only call in 3 times a day per phone line. 

The phone number is 1-800-DIAL-MTV
Call 30 minutes prior to the show starting!

To vote online, go to TRL VOTE.
Vote online all day!

I think it's very important for Clay's video to get lots of airplay.  It's a desirable demographic.  Since MTV hardly ever shows videos anymore, outside of TRL, it's our best chance of seeing it, and it's our best opportunity to help Clay.

Go to ABSOLUTE TRL for daily recaps!

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2003, 02:23:16 PM »   

Another Reason To Idolize Aiken
By Gretchen Pirillo

RALEIGH, NC  Wednesday 12.10.2003  /netmusiccountdown.com/ -- American Idol sensation, Clay Aiken recently unveiled the Bubel/Aiken Foundation web site. The foundation's mission is to help children with developmental disabilities and is named after, obviously, Clay Aiken and, less obviously, Diane Bubel and her autistic son, Michael.

Aiken worked with Michael while he was a student at UNC Charlotte pursuing a special education degree before becoming the double-platinum selling recording artist we all know and love.

According to Aiken, Michael encouraged him to try out for the American Idol series.

NET MUSIC COUNTDOWN

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2003, 02:43:58 PM »   

Clay has been nominated for three Z100 Awards:
Favorite Album
Hottie of the Year
Favorite New Artist

CONGRATULATIONS CLAY!

Vote HERE.

I'll also put this link in The Polling Place.

Thanks for voting for Clay!

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2003, 04:10:22 PM »   

Measure of a Man certified platinum for Sales! 

CONGRATULATIONS CLAY!

Clay Goes Double-Platinum with Debut Album

WASHINGTON, December 2, 2003 - On the heels of the first 'American Idol' winner's debut multi-Platinum album, second season runner-up Clay Aiken got his recording career off to a good start as well with the release of his RCA Records debut "Measure of a Man." His debut album was quickly certified Gold, Platinum and double Platinum for sales of more than two million copies according to the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA). Additionally, Aiken's cover of Simon & Garfunkel's classic "Bridge Over Troubled Water" was certified Platinum in July, one of only a handful of singles certified this year.

LINK

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2003, 04:25:15 PM »   

List of performers and presenters on the Billboard Music Awards tonight can be found right HERE!

Clay is still sick but he will be performing Invisible.

Be sure to tune in - on FOX at 8:00 pm EST!

cjrmax
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2003, 04:30:52 PM »   

I hope someone will mention he's been sick or else if he doesn't sound as good as usual he will get jumped on again!

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2003, 07:23:07 PM »   

Clay is #3 and #10 on amazon.com's Top 100 Customers' Favorites!

AMAZON TOP 100

CONGRATULATIONS CLAY!

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2003, 07:29:13 PM »   

This has been another Good Clay News day!
Clay and Invisible move up to #16 on VH-1's Top 20!

Vh1'S Music Radar
Wednesday December 10, 6:18 pm ET 

NEW YORK, N.Y., Dec. 10 /PRNewswire/ -- Notable this week ...
Notable News - VH1's "A Kid Rock Christmas," premiering Sunday, December 14 at 9:00 p.m.*, is a 90-minute special that takes the incomparable Kid Rock style - loud funky, down-home, and "macked-out" to mix up a truly unique holiday event in the tradition of the classic Bing Crosby Christmas special. "A Kid Rock Christmas" includes a jingled-jamming concert with Kid Rock and The Pussycat Dolls, "Mama Rock" cooking Christmas dinner for Kid and friends LeAnn Rimes, Jesse James, Hank Williams, Jr. Drea DeMatteo, and Shooter Jennings, and a cartoon Kid Rock doing his own animated version of the Christmas classic "Twelve Days of Christmas."

This Weeks Top 20 Countdown:
     1.  No Doubt "It's My Life"
     2.  Outkast "Hey Ya"
     3.  Trapt "Headstrong"
     4.  Nickelback "Someday"
     5.  Sarah McLachlan "Fallen"
     6.  3 Doors Down "Here Without You"
     7.  Sheryl Crow "The First Cut is the Deepest"
     8.  Matchbox Twenty "Bright Lights"
     9.  Evanescence "My Immortal"
     10. Kid Rock "Feel Like Makin' Love"
     11. Dido "White Flag"
     12. Christina Aguilera "The Voice Within"
     13. Seal "Waiting for You"
     14. Alicia Keys "You Don't Know My Name"
     15. Beyonce featuring Sean Paul "Baby Boy"
     16. Clay Aiken "Invisible"
     17. Nelly Furtado "Powerless"
     18. Jet "Are You Gonna Be My Girl"
     19. Britney Spears "Me Against the Music"
     20. Beyonce "Me, Myself and I"

YAHOO LINK

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2003, 07:31:40 PM »   

Measure of a Man is #11 on the Billboard 200 Album Chart this week!

The Billboard 200 Top Albums: Top 20

(Compiled from a national sample of sales reports collected, compiled and provided by SoundScan)

1. "The Diary Of Alicia Keys," Alicia Keys. J.
2. "Shock'n Y'all," Toby Keith. DreamWorks.
3. "Closer," Josh Groban. 143.
4. "Now 14," Various Artists. Columbia/Universal/EMI/Zomba/Sony Music.
5. "Speakerboxxx/The Love Below," OutKast. Arista. (Platinum -- certified sales of 1 million units)
6. "Metamorphosis," Hilary Duff. Buena Vista. (Platinum)
7. "In The Zone," Britney Spears. Jive/Zomba.
8. "The Singles 1992-2003," No Doubt. Interscope.
9. "The Very Best of Sheryl Crow," Sheryl Crow. A&M.
10. "The Black Album," Jay-Z. Roc-A-Fella.
11. "Measure Of A Man," Clay Aiken. RCA. (Platinum)
12. "Harry For The Holidays," Harry Connick, Jr. Columbia.
13. "As Time Goes By...The Great American Songbook Vol. II," Rod Stewart. J. (Platinum)
14. "Beg For Mercy," G-Unit. G-Unit.
15. "Afterglow," Sara McLachlan. Arista.
16. "Let It Be ... Naked," The Beatles. Apple/Capitol.
17. "Now That's What I Call Christmas! 2: The Signature Collection," Various Artists. EMI/Universal/Sony Music/Zomba/Capitol.
18. "Greatest Hits Volume II and Some Other Stuff," Alan Jackson. Arista Nashville.
19. "Blink-182," Blink-182. Geffen/Interscope.
20. Soundtrack: "Tupac: Ressurrection." Amaru.

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2003, 09:15:59 PM »   

Clay will be the guest Saturday night on Open House Party!

Click HERE for details.

FAITH
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2003, 10:00:14 PM »   

Pamela, I have never heard of this show. Could you tell me which television network or station carries this program? Thanks!

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2003, 11:12:31 PM »   

Quote from: FAITH
Pamela, I have never heard of this show. Could you tell me which television network or station carries this program? Thanks!

Faith, this is an Internet streaming program I believe.  If you click on the link you will see about 2/3 of the way down on the right hand side a link to click to watch the stream.

Hope it works for you!

T   

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Aiken News Network (ANN)  |  2003 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK DECEMBER 10

gfxgfx
gfx