gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229528 Posts in 2574 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay March 29, 2024, 01:33:21 AM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Aiken News Network (ANN)  |  2003 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK DECEMBER 2
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 2003 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK DECEMBER 2  (Read 1923 times)

fhmmany2

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
2003 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK DECEMBER 2
« on: March 25, 2010, 12:22:51 PM »
Author  Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK DECEMBER 2  (Read 1115 times) 

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

AIKEN NEWS NETWORK DECEMBER 2
« on: December 02, 2003, 11:33:45 AM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you love crunching those numbers, here's the link to follow last weeks sales of MoaM at Hits Daily Double:

Registration is required.

HITS DAILY DOUBLE

Here's where we stand so far:

W/O 10/21 - 612,859
W/O 10/28 - 224,854
W/O 11/04 - 140,957
W/O 11/11 – 113,375
W/O 11/18 - 93,688
W/O 11/25 - 107,246 (Est.)
W/O 12/2  -  144,369 (+56%!)

TOTAL - 1,437,348 (Est.)

(All numbers are approximate!  These aren't the final numbers; Nielsen Soundscan will determine final totals tomorrow and records will be charted on Billboard according to Soundscan sales numbers.)

As of 12:30 Clay is at #25, the highest rated RCA recording artist.
As of 6:00 Clay is at #18 with over 110,000 sold!
FINAL NUMBERS IN:  Clay is at #13 with over 144,000 sold! 

CONGRATULATIONS CLAY!

Report to moderator    Logged 

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2003, 11:38:24 AM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Simon will be a guest on TRL tomorrow.  It would be very cool if Invisible was #1 tomorrow...so let's crank it up a notch and place some extra online votes today.  How about this...25 online votes in honor of Clay's 25th birthday.

And don't forget to call too - 30 minutes prior to the show!  Thanks!

VOTE FOR INVISIBLE ON TRL!

Vote online all day!

You can only call in thirty minutes prior to the show.
TRL starts at 5pm EST, so that means you can call from 4:30pm-5pm EST, and then adjust for your time zone.

The phone number is 1-800-DIAL-MTV (1.800.342.5688)
CALL from 4:30pm - 5:00pm (Eastern)
CALL from 3:30pm - 4:00pm (Central)
CALL from 2:30pm - 3:00pm (Mountain)
CALL from  1:30pm - 2:00pm (Pacific)

If voting by name (option "1") enter 2-5-2 (C-L-A)
If voting by video (option "2") enter 4-6-8 (I-N-V)

Remember, everyone is calling at the same time so don't be
discouraged by a busy signal, you will get through!
You can call and vote THREE times PER PHONE LINE/PER DAY!
IMPORTANT:  The first 10 minutes is the easiest time to get through.

Thanks for voting!

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2003, 12:06:02 PM »   

'Chasing Clay' gets instant airtime
By DAVID MENCONI, Staff Writer

Singer-songwriter Kenny Shore figured he could get some radio airplay with his latest song, "Chasing Clay." He just didn't figure it would happen so fast.

Having chased Clay Aiken, the "American Idol" star and Raleigh's favorite hometown hero, around the Nov. 22 Raleigh Christmas parade, Shore wrote and recorded the song over the Thanksgiving weekend. He dropped off a copy at radio station WRAL-FM, 101.5 FM, on his way to work at 8:30 a.m. Monday. Fifteen minutes later, "Chasing Clay" was on the air.

"I've been thinking for years that I needed to come up with something topical and fast as a way to get on the radio," said Shore, who by day is a clinical social worker at Dorothea Dix Hospital. "Danged if it didn't work."

Shore's three children are big Aiken fans, so he took them to the parade because Aiken was grand marshal. After Aiken blew a kiss to Shore's daughter, they decided to follow him through the crowd for the rest of the parade route. Shore wrote the song a few days later, complete with a reference to "the big bad beefy bodyguards with his motorcade."

"It won't be in regular rotation, but we'll probably play it once in a while," said Joe Wade Formicola, WRAL's operations manager. "It's a pretty cool little song, and there's definitely Claymania."

Shore hopes this won't be the last time he can benefit from an Aiken connection. He has written another song called "Where Does Love Go?" which he figures is perfect for Aiken to cover. So Shore sought out the singer's mother at the parade to give her a copy.

"I handed her a CD and said, 'Here, this is a copy of Clay's next hit,' " Shore said, laughing at his own nerve. "Clay's a mama's boy, so you go through Mom. I figure if I get her on my side, I'm in and I can quit my day job."

NEWS & OBSERVER LINK

No, I haven't heard the song yet!  I'll let you know if I do though.... :mrgreen:

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2003, 12:10:30 PM »   

From Metrosource magazine (no link, not on line).  Transcript from PRoC:

In their "People we Love" section, which includes Beyonce, Norah Jones, Kelly and Diane Sawyer among others, Clay gets a full page with the PR picture where he has the hands to his head and the pouty pink lips. The paragraph blurb for Clay:

We haven't seen such a transformation since Eliza Doolittle -- from the awkward youth trembling through his first American Idol audition to the red hot pop star on the cover of Rolling Stone and Entertainment Weekly. Despite the many changes, we could always depend on his beautiful booming voice and his sweet demeanor, even as he watched competitor Ruben Studdard take home the big title. But when Clay's [BOTW] outsold Ruben's [FWOW], he wasn't playing second place Sally anymore. And now that his album has hit the charts, it's clear that our Clay is here to stay.

outthereforclay
  our love..er...Clay...is here to stay!
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2003, 12:52:11 PM »   

ooooh...love the last bit..

our Clay is here to stay

think I'll add that to my siggie! :

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2003, 05:28:38 PM »   

Invisible was #2 on TRL today. 

Way to vote Maniacs!

Oh, and Tom Cruise said Clay was 'very talented.' 
Well, yeah!

:mrgreen:

playingclay
Claymaniac

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2003, 07:11:40 PM »   

Just checked the Daily Double.  It's final figures has Clay at number 13 this week with 144,369 and says those figures are up 56% from last week!!! :D

And as I have learned from this site, those figures are added to other figures for a final tally.  Bottom line......... our boy did good this week.

:  : To those critics who figured OBC sales would tumble after Clay fans bought his CD the first week.

Just shows people want Clay under their tree or in their stocking for Christmas (and not necessarily the CD....oh...uhm... maybe I should go to the other thread........ :  : )

Love my clayshake---warm milk and a couple of scoops of vanilla icecream....especially at bedtime.
Keeper of the wind to blow the shirts up.

thanku_clay
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2003, 07:20:56 PM »   

I went to vote for Clay Aiken - "Invisible", on JOJO's 9@9 poll today. Instead of it being there to vote on it said...

"Clay Aiken Fans - Clay has a new song out soon, vote here to show your frustration".

JOJO must have taken Clay off his playlist or something??!! What's up with this????  :evil:

I backed out of the vote and did not vote at all. Are we Clay fans supposed to vote on this one or what?? Go check it out!!!!!

mcraig2
SuperFan

Oh nutz....
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2003, 08:45:58 PM »   

I posted this on the other board, but...when I saw that today, I sent an email to JoJo and asked why we couldn't vote for Invisible anymore, and this was...strangely...the reply:

you can....but the label is about ready to move on the next single....we haven't been told exactly what it is yet.  KIIS is still playing Invisible but it hasn't been making the countdown lately.  Still taking votes, but they haven't been there like they used to be.  But that is how all songs go....make it on the countdown, some work their way up, back down, some back up again...but they all eventually work their way off.  As soon as we know what the next single will definitely be, will put it on the menu to vote on

JoJo Wright
KIIS-FM/Los Angeles

"Keeper of those mesmerizing green eyes."  (as long as there's no guyliner)

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

Re: Oh nutz....
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2003, 09:11:11 PM »   

Quote from: mcraig2
you can....but the label is about ready to move on the next single....we haven't been told exactly what it is yet.  KIIS is still playing Invisible but it hasn't been making the countdown lately.  Still taking votes, but they haven't been there like they used to be.  But that is how all songs go....make it on the countdown, some work their way up, back down, some back up again...but they all eventually work their way off.  As soon as we know what the next single will definitely be, will put it on the menu to vote on
JoJo Wright
KIIS-FM/Los Angeles

Thank you for posting this mcraig2.  You can still vote, but you have to vote through email, phone or AIM:

jojostop9voting@aol.com

(626-520-1027) (562-520-1927) (323-520-1927)
(800-520-1027) (310-520-1927)

AIM: KIISstudio

KIIS streams live on the Net!

It's natural that in the course of a song's life, it will eventually drop off the countdowns.  However, as much as JoJo has promoted Clay and Invisible, I think it's a little soon.  The video for Invisible is holding it's own on TRL with such established artists as Britney, Blink 182 and Good Charlotte.

He is still in the Top 20 on the Billboard sales chart with MoaM, Invisible has moved up every week on the Billboard singles chart and is now at #44, it is #18 on the Mediabase pop chart and #11 on the Mediabase AC chart.

Invisible is a long way from being 'over' and although I wouldn't quote any of these stats to JoJo because it would likely just irritate him, I would still vote via email and just say 'we love Clay please play Invisible!'

The new single probably won't be released until after the first of the year. So if we can't 'vote' we can still 'request' and that's what we should do. 

Just so they don't forget about us.  :mrgreen:

mcraig2
SuperFan

Thanks for the info.....
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2003, 09:43:49 PM »   

Pffftttt....just like that...email on its way to JoJo requesting Clay!!!   :

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Aiken News Network (ANN)  |  2003 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK DECEMBER 2

gfxgfx
gfx