gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229519 Posts in 2574 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay March 28, 2024, 02:17:34 PM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Got Clay?  |  Clay Daily  |  Criticial Mass #45 - Main Clay Discussion Thread
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Criticial Mass #45 - Main Clay Discussion Thread  (Read 147833 times)

WilsonClaymate

• Enthusiastic
  • The way you make me feel
Re: Criticial Mass #45 - Main Clay Discussion Thread
« Reply #990 on: November 04, 2014, 09:26:52 PM »
I knew Clay had an uphill battle in this district that was made especially to cater to Republicans but from what I saw of his campaign I thought he had a much better chance than what happened. 

I really can't believe that people wanted the likes of Renee Ellmers to speak for them.

Clay worked so hard and things didn't happen like he hoped it would.   

Marlene, I agree with you -- I will not watch his speech tonight and maybe in a couple of days things will look a little better.

Not the night I was hoping for - so I'm going to bed and try not to think about it.
"For me he's not a hobby, he's not an obsession, he's a joy, something that makes me happy..."    ~cc777

wisconsinmaniac

• Claymaniac
  • Filling Every Empty Space With Clay
« Reply #991 on: November 04, 2014, 09:30:50 PM »
MARLENE -  He is such a good man and has so much to offer.  Hopefully, he is surrounded by people who love and support him.

Life is not fair.   Evidently, some people in NC will vote their party - - - no matter what kind of job she has done! :(

BARBARA  - I also was hoping for a victory speech by Clay.  Heavy heart  . . . .

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #992 on: November 04, 2014, 09:40:36 PM »
What bothers me is that there are 700,000 registered voters in district 2- and less than 200,000 actually voted. Its very sad. Still- if you continue to do what you did you will continue to get what you get.

The percentages are 58% to 42%- so a lot of people did vote for Clay (80% reported) but it wasnt enough and I seriously think a lot of it had to do with a) gerrymandering and b) conservative voters not wanting a gay representative.

Andy they are STUPID because he would have been a GREAT representative of the people.

I am very sad tonight.
ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

wisconsinmaniac

• Claymaniac
  • Filling Every Empty Space With Clay
« Reply #993 on: November 04, 2014, 10:10:05 PM »
What bothers me is that there are 700,000 registered voters in district 2- and less than 200,000 actually voted. Its very sad. Still- if you continue to do what you did you will continue to get what you get.

The percentages are 58% to 42%- so a lot of people did vote for Clay (80% reported) but it wasn't enough and I seriously think a lot of it had to do with a) gerrymandering and b) conservative voters not wanting a gay representative.

Andy they are STUPID because he would have been a GREAT representative of the people.

I am very sad tonight.

MARILYN  -  I hope Clay is OK.  How many times can that sensitive and intelligent man come in second??

He deserves the very best.  Hopefully, something great is coming up for him in the future!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #994 on: November 05, 2014, 12:04:30 AM »
This man has class and charisma and he will not be silenced!!

Looking forward!

Clay Aiken addresses his supporters

Yoohoo!!  Go Clay!  That's what I was hoping to hear!

His resolve is strengthened, his voice won't be silenced.  He sounds more determined than ever.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #995 on: November 05, 2014, 07:40:39 AM »

mimi

• Enthusiastic
« Reply #996 on: November 05, 2014, 09:12:54 AM »
I am so glad I finally watched Clay's speech from last night. It was so up lifting, so I am not as down after watching him. He is such a class act, and no matter what he decides to do next,I will still be right there with him.

I am now looking forward to our web concert,which should not be to long from now...of course ,we have to factor in Clay's soon. ;D
Forgive your enemies...it messes with their head.

mimi

• Enthusiastic
« Reply #997 on: November 05, 2014, 01:54:32 PM »
Thanks for the great new banner. That is one of my favorite pictures from Clays campaign journey..

Was this another of Cindy's great banners ? If so good job. Guess he's wondering what the future holds?

LOVE CLAY

• Admirer
« Reply #998 on: November 06, 2014, 06:56:03 PM »
DID ANYONE SEE BETTE MIDLER ON THE TODAY SHOW THIS MORNING, THURSDAY  SHE SANG BE MY BABY AND

WAS SUPERB  AN OLD SONG AND SHE DID FANTASTIC   

CLAY DID AN AWESOME JOB BUT I HOPE NOW HE WILL SING ON BROADWAY SONGS LIKE WERE SUNG ON THIS MORNINGS TODAY SHOW

Rosemary

mimi

• Enthusiastic
« Reply #999 on: November 06, 2014, 07:21:34 PM »
Rosemary ,I watched Bette this morning . I loved the song,it brought back lots of happy memories..She is a fantastic entertainer. I will probably buy her new album.

Did you by chance watch any of last nights CMA ? They put on a very good show,and I especially liked the banter between Paisley & Underwood.

I don't know what Clay has in store for us next,but I'm sure it will be something that will cause a lot of talk. :)  Can't hardly wait to see what it will be.

mimi

• Enthusiastic
« Reply #1000 on: November 07, 2014, 11:57:53 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzWflDPkuXg

This is Clays "Thank You" ,to us.

I LOVE THIS MAN!
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 11:49:21 AM by mimi »

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #1001 on: November 07, 2014, 12:21:11 PM »
Me too! He is truly amazing and so very proud of him that he isn't giving up! Proud to be his fan and will do so forever!  ;D :-*

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #1002 on: November 07, 2014, 09:33:44 PM »
Clay Aiken ?@clayaiken · 5m5 minutes ago
This is my 'thank you.' But it's not a 'thank you' and 'goodbye.' http://youtu.be/TzWflDPkuXg
Hey. What a week. Actually… what a year! I just wanted to shoot you a quick word to say thanks so much for your support this past year. I can’t tell you how much I appreciate you. I thought we’d try to end the campaign in much the same way that we started it, so I figured I would shoot a quick video to tell you thanks, and tell you what’s next. Click on it here to watch it:

WilsonClaymate

• Enthusiastic
  • The way you make me feel
« Reply #1003 on: November 09, 2014, 06:18:57 PM »
There was an article in the News and Observer today trying to make some sense about the Hagan/Tillis election (and I am sure it affected most other elections in North Carolina).

"Despite Hagan's repeated criticism of the state legislature under Tillis' leadership, Democrats didn't go to the polls in the numbers the party had hoped.

Early-voting showed that 49 percent of the 110,000 ballots were cast by registered Democrats, with only 31 percent registered as Republicans.   But on  Election Day, exit polls found that only 36 percent of voters were Democrats.  There was just a very healthy turnout for Republicans and lackluster turnout for Democrats" Fernandez said."

Obviously, this would have had some effect on Clay's numbers also.  With the mess we have in Washington right now, it is a shame more people didn't turnout to vote.

Better luck next time. 
"For me he's not a hobby, he's not an obsession, he's a joy, something that makes me happy..."    ~cc777

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #1004 on: November 11, 2014, 07:18:02 AM »
Just wanted to say HI to everyone. Having big projects at work and Clay is very quiet-so I may not post for a couple of days.

Hope everyone is happy and healthy-miss all the chit chat we used to have. We had so much from Clay the last nine months that this feels empty right now.

Take care-miss you all.

ClayManiacs.com  |  Got Clay?  |  Clay Daily  |  Criticial Mass #45 - Main Clay Discussion Thread

gfxgfx
gfx