gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229532 Posts in 2574 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay March 29, 2024, 08:45:17 AM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Got Clay?  |  Clay Daily  |  Criticial Mass #45 - Main Clay Discussion Thread
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Criticial Mass #45 - Main Clay Discussion Thread  (Read 148226 times)

Gwenn

• Claymaniac
  • HE'S KILLING ME.
Re: Criticial Mass #45 - Main Clay Discussion Thread
« Reply #840 on: September 01, 2014, 01:50:34 PM »
LADIES--

I read here every day.  I just feel lost as far as Clay is concerned.  Faye and Micki posted clack from Elvis JBT on fb and I got so upset.  It never bothered me until this summer but I am angry.  HE LET IT GO.  SO MUCH TALENT AND HE CHANGED STYLE MIDSTREAM AND LET IT ALL GO.  CHARISMA TO BEAT THE BAND.  A VOICE LIKE NO OTHER.  SMARTS.  SARCASM.  AND HE STOPPED TRYING.

LOOK AT HOW MUCH EFFORT HE IS PUTTING INTO THE CAMPAIGN.  I HAVE GOTTEN MORE STUFF FROM HIM AND ABOUT HIM THAN I EVER DID.   It just feels not fair.

Those feelings I got from that clack cannot be denied.  But if I think about him, it just makes me sad.  So I try not to.

It isn't you girls.  At all.  I think of you all a lot.  Don't forget that.

Gwenn
HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER

LOVE CLAY

• Admirer
« Reply #841 on: September 01, 2014, 06:07:46 PM »

Gwenn Thank you   

Rosemary

LOVE CLAY

• Admirer
« Reply #842 on: September 01, 2014, 06:20:33 PM »

Barbara, I'm all for that group hug! We are a wonderful group of ladies and we have all been through alot,

being true fans of Clay.

I have said it before, Clay has a son and has to make a living. He is young and there is no doubt in my mind that we will all be buying tickets to see him again on Broadway. Let him pursue other things,he is smart and talented and a great person. He is keeping his name out there!

Rosemary

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #843 on: September 02, 2014, 01:35:17 AM »
I don't think personally that Clay has let it go entirely. But lets face it, the CD sales were down, the tours were getting less attended, and it was further between any appearances. There was the man cave for endless lengths of time.

Clay wants to make a difference- he wants to be able to know that he tried to represent the people in the state he loves, in the area he loves- HIS people. He passionately wants this- and I don't think it is something new to him. He has ALWAYS wanted to make differences in peoples lives, whether young or old, kids with disabilities or older folks, and veterans, wanting to be heard and supported.

This is as much of Clay's being as his fabulous voice, his charisma, his personality, and his HEART!!

Of course I miss the singing- that is why I will NOT miss the Gala this year. He IS going to sing- with a band, and that makes me sure it will be more than one or two songs.  I think he STILL loves singing, but it is not foremost in his life right now.

I admire him, I love all the pictures, selfies, and anecdotes of Clay being out and about with his people, meeting them, sharing his ideas and his resolve. If he doesn't win in November, no one, NO ONE, can say he did not give his all for this. He has worked damned hard, and we have been with him every step of the way. We have seen more pictures of him in the last few months than in the last few years, and he is positively GLOWING with happiness. I cannot be selfish- if this is what he wants, then so be it!!

I have been asked to be part of the phone bank for Clay, and since I cannot pledge a lot of money, nor can I vote for him, I will do my very best to assist him in this way, because I BELIEVE in him.  If you miss him and want to help him- think of how much it would mean to him if you would do something like this.

He is a very very special man, and I agree with Gwenn that I miss his voice and charisma-but I will still support him as best I can. I do NOT think he threw it away at all. I think he changed directions for the reasons I listed above.  And I will sure be here when he wants to sing again.
ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #844 on: September 02, 2014, 01:38:12 AM »
LADIES--

I read here every day.  I just feel lost as far as Clay is concerned.  Faye and Micki posted clack from Elvis JBT on fb and I got so upset.  It never bothered me until this summer but I am angry.  HE LET IT GO.  SO MUCH TALENT AND HE CHANGED STYLE MIDSTREAM AND LET IT ALL GO.  CHARISMA TO BEAT THE BAND.  A VOICE LIKE NO OTHER.  SMARTS.  SARCASM.  AND HE STOPPED TRYING.

LOOK AT HOW MUCH EFFORT HE IS PUTTING INTO THE CAMPAIGN.  I HAVE GOTTEN MORE STUFF FROM HIM AND ABOUT HIM THAN I EVER DID.   It just feels not fair.

Those feelings I got from that clack cannot be denied.  But if I think about him, it just makes me sad.  So I try not to.

It isn't you girls.  At all.  I think of you all a lot.  Don't forget that.

Gwenn

So Gwenn- are you gonna go bowling with Clay on October 2nd? NYC is not too far from you!!

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #845 on: September 02, 2014, 08:48:09 AM »
Well said Marilyn! And remember we came for the voice and stayed for The Man!  ;D I do miss him singing and touring but I am not really sad about him not doing it right now. I have been enjoying what he is doing, the pics and people who meet him for the 1st time that are impressed by him! He is getting good press too! He will be on one of the Men's mags soon! Also what is important to me is that he is still out there to be seen and not in hiding! Always Supporting him in everything he wants to do! This year is 10 years for me being a fan! My feelings haven't changed for him at all!

I really wish I could go to the Gala and The bowling fundraiser but can't afford it!  :( I have a good feeling it will be special! You all are very lucky that you can go to these things! I know you all will have a blast and cherish these moments! Wish I could at least see you guys! Someday again!

Sorry I don't post much but I will always be here!  Miss you all too and respect all opinions!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 10:24:25 AM by Tiffany »

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #846 on: September 03, 2014, 10:36:21 AM »
Wow! I know how to kill a thread! Hope everyone else we didn''t hear from are ok! Want to share that I had a dream I went to the Gala at this hotel with a theater. Clay wore some JBT clothes like the leather jacket and the orange shirt. Then the next day we were treated to him recording a Christmas show for radio. Would had been good for TV too. He even worse a long green dress and I thought he surprisingly looked good! Lol He sang some songs, did some magic tricks, came down to talk to the fans in the audience. He was so snarky and really funny! Talked deep to with his mic. Lol It was a wonderful show! Now I wish he could do at least one more concert for all of us!

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #847 on: September 04, 2014, 03:07:16 PM »
RIP Joan Rivers

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #848 on: September 04, 2014, 08:45:06 PM »
Hey Tiffany- holding your own on the thread I see!!

Where on earth IS everyone?? Marlene usually posts once a day. Hope she is all right.

So tired this week- I have been getting only 4-4 1/2 hours sleep!! Working on a stressful project at work.

But- on my way home I always listen to Clay music and it relaxes me and makes me happy!

Looking forward to seeing him in two weeks!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #849 on: September 04, 2014, 08:59:14 PM »
FROM JESSICA 121 @ CV

Hey Everybody!!

There are still a few spots left for the Bowling Fundraiser in NYC. This is going to be a ONCE IN A LIFETIME opportunity and extremely intimate. For those of you on the fence, I hope that you join us. Space is super limited so please let us know ASAP if you would like to attend. You can PM Mercedes, NCWannabe, Clayphan76, or myself for more information.

Clay wants to make sure that all fans have an opportunity to participate in this event. For those of you who cannot travel to NYC, or cannot afford the minimum donation there is now a way that you can participate in the fun!! And its extremely affordable!! You can now enter to win a one of a kind souvenir! Following the event, supporters who have donated at least $25 (please feel free to donate more if you can) through the following link will automatically be eligible to win the following items through 3 separate drawings. Each item will be signed and personalized for the winner.

CLAYS BOWLING SHOES!!! One lucky winner will receive the shoes he wears to bowl that night! When will you ever have a chance to receive a piece of memorabilia this cool?!?

A BOWLING PIN Clay will be signing a pin from the evening for this prize.

CLAY'S BOWLING SHIRT Clay will be wearing a league style bowling shirt to the event. He will literally take the shirt off of his back at the end of the event and personalize it for one lucky fan!

All CA4NC Diamond and Platinum members are eligible for this prize and will be automatically entered.

For those of you who cant pass up this awesome opportunity to participate you can follow the link below. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!

https://clayaiken.ngpvanhost.com/form/-5791768299686590720

ETA: this post may travel!! Please bring over to the Clayboard, ConClayve, Clackhouse ETC. It may also be posted on FB and Twitter!

IF ANYONE CAN PAY TO ATTEND, BUT DO NOT LIVE IN NY, YOU CAN STAY AT MY HOUSE AND TRAVEL IN TO THE CITY BY TRAIN WITH ME.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #850 on: September 04, 2014, 11:59:37 PM »
CONTRIBUTE FOR 3 CHANCES TO WIN A CLAY PRIZE!!!

FROM NCWANNABE AT CV:

Sep 4 2014, 11:10 PM

Wait - let me get this straight ....

I can WIN THE SHIRT OFF CLAY'S BACK!!!!!!!!!  Who Hoo!!!!!! crazysparkle.gif

Or those SIZE 13s!!!!!!!!  Yee Haw!!!!!! crazysparkle.gif

Or Clay's BOWLING PIN!!!!!!!! Yippee!!!!!!! crazysparkle.gif

We really wanted you folks to have first crack at this opportunity. You're getting the heads up on this, and you're the first folks to have access to the link for a chance to win some Clay DNA!!! $25 gets you three chances to win!

We're thrilled to offer this for everyone.* So many of you told us you'd love to come, but couldn't make the trip. So this is a special effort for you to feel like you're a part of the fun, and to help out Clay in the process. We want to make this an event for the board to be excited about! And, of course, all those of you who are coming to the event may enter as well, and will get to see the man in action in the very items you may be able to take home with you at the end of the evening!!! Hmmmmm, just think about the possibilities for each item ......

The shirt: a robe to wear over your Clay for NC tee/sleep shirt; special bragging rights when you wear it to your league on Tuesday night, the ultimate framed item to top off your Clay Aiken memorabilia collection (what?? you know we all have one!); your favorite choice of attire for casual Fridays at work; a rocking swimsuit cover-up.

The shoes: matching unique flower planters; bath tub toys; hang them over your door for good luck; bathroom cotton ball holders; door stops; paperweights.

The pin: a delightful ornamental vase; roll out your pie crust with it; a handy weapon against intruders; table top hat rack; 1/3 of the equipment necessary to practice your juggling.

Items Clay has worn/used in the past have gone for auction at hefty prices. We wanted to make this as affordable as possible to give folks a chance to win these special items without breaking the bank. We hope you'll all take advantage of the opportunity, and have fun being included in the event!!!!

Here's the link if you want a chance to WIN!!!

https://clayaiken.ngpvanhost.com/form/-5791768299686590720

* All US citizens who are legally able to donate. I'm so sorry to you other wonderfully loyal Clay fans and supporters. You guys rock. 
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 07:33:51 AM by Marilyn »

lovinclay

• Claymaniac
  • Clay Aiken...Character and Integrity Personified!
« Reply #851 on: September 07, 2014, 10:12:58 AM »
Gwenn, I'm sorry that the clack I posted on Facebook made you sad.  However, I can appreciate how you feel. I miss the good old days so much!  I can't afford to go to any fundraisers.  And honestly, unless he's singing, I don't want to go.  I know that makes me sound like a horrible person, but I came for the voice.  I wish him well in November.  I believe he'll make a great representative for NC. 

I miss you all, and think about you often. We certainly had one he'll of a ride, didn't we? 

WilsonClaymate

• Enthusiastic
  • The way you make me feel
« Reply #852 on: September 07, 2014, 06:59:22 PM »
I made it home safely and had a great time at the OBX.  Had not seen my family for a while and we all had a good time.  Now I have got to unpack, wash clothes, etc. and get ready to go back to work tomorrow.

Looking forward to seeing some of you in a couple of weeks.
"For me he's not a hobby, he's not an obsession, he's a joy, something that makes me happy..."    ~cc777

mimi

• Enthusiastic
« Reply #853 on: September 08, 2014, 09:40:09 PM »
Great new Clay interview.

http://video.unctv.org/video/2365320543/

Just after the coyotes ;D
Forgive your enemies...it messes with their head.

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #854 on: September 09, 2014, 12:54:17 AM »
Thanks!  ;D

ClayManiacs.com  |  Got Clay?  |  Clay Daily  |  Criticial Mass #45 - Main Clay Discussion Thread

gfxgfx
gfx