gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229514 Posts in 2574 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay March 28, 2024, 08:34:58 AM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Got Clay?  |  Clay Daily  |  Criticial Mass #45 - Main Clay Discussion Thread
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Criticial Mass #45 - Main Clay Discussion Thread  (Read 147732 times)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
Re: Criticial Mass #45 - Main Clay Discussion Thread
« Reply #720 on: July 05, 2014, 01:34:14 PM »
I am going to be a mess for this wedding. A week ago I fell and skinned my left knee and elbow
Thursday night my sister and I took my brother and his wife to the mall because the airline lost her luggage and she had nothing. We came out of JC Penneys and it was raining with a vengeance. I am walking trying to avoid puddles and stepped into one that covered a pothole.
I slid and went down on my right knee, then fell onto and slid on my elbow and hand. Took off all the skin on both of the former and sliced the palm of my hand on a rock or glass.
This is my bad knee that I already had three arthroscopies on . To add insult to injury, I ripped a hole in the knee of the pants that I JUST NOW fit into!!

And today three of us came out of King Kullen. I had backed the car into the aisle and THUNK!  Stupid woman backed into the rear passenger side of my car. It was only a scratch and dent but she was older and was saying it was my fault because she backed out first!! Yeah, that's why you hit the SIDE of my car, lady.

My folks are threatening to get bubble wrap to put all around me, or hockey goalie pads and elbow pads. I think I will need them. In the meantime, everything aches and its only 6 days until the wedding!!
ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

WilsonClaymate

• Enthusiastic
  • The way you make me feel
« Reply #721 on: July 05, 2014, 09:53:31 PM »
Marilyn - I certainly remember how quick things like that can happen.  You need to have as good a nurse as I had last August.  ;D

All kidding aside, please take care of yourself and be really careful (easy for me to say).
"For me he's not a hobby, he's not an obsession, he's a joy, something that makes me happy..."    ~cc777

mimi

• Enthusiastic
« Reply #722 on: July 06, 2014, 01:13:59 PM »
Marilyn & Barbara~ When you come for the Gala in Sept., I will be sure that GS ,Hunter who is a EMT, will be on stand by.  :) ;D
Forgive your enemies...it messes with their head.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #723 on: July 07, 2014, 02:44:20 AM »
Saturday I had a barbecue at my house for my visiting family and family that is here. My son Chris and wife Ria brought their adorable dog Psy- he visits a lot and is so good. Everyone made such a fuss of him.

Sunday morning my son called in tears and said that Psy had died. He was lying under their bed and yelped like he was in his sleep, then moved further under the bed. My DIL woke up 15 minutes later and tried to call him out but he would not come. He had just died.

My visiting brother and his wife went with me to console the grieving parents- Psy was only 7 years old. MY DIL was hysterical and my son was crying hard. They had Psy wrapped in a sheet on the bench in the foyer, so my brother, who is a nurse and has also worked with veterinarians, checked the little fella out. He said the stomach was swollen and its possible he had a twisted bowel. They finally talked the kids into taking him to a veterinary clinic, where they will keep him overnight, then tomorrow he will be cremated so that they can keep him with them always.

So very sad- I am hoping that all will be well for the rest of the week- until the wedding Friday

mimi

• Enthusiastic
« Reply #724 on: July 07, 2014, 08:12:11 AM »
Marilyn~ I'm sorry about Chris & Ria's puppy. We become so attached to our pets,that it is like losing a member of the family. Hopefully they can find another little furry friend sometime soon.

Hope everything goes well on Friday..STAY SAFE!

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #725 on: July 07, 2014, 10:04:32 AM »
That is horrible Marilyn! So sorry they losed him.  :'( Hope your son and DIL have a wonderful wedding despite that and fingers crossed you won't be injured before, during or after the wedding! Take it easy when you can and have a great time! My Congrats and Best wishes to your son and DILl!!
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 12:47:52 PM by Tiffany »

gbmifan

« Reply #726 on: July 07, 2014, 12:03:45 PM »
Marilyn I hope you enjoy yourself this weekend.  I had three boys so I believe it was a little less stressfull than being the brides family.  I am sure you will look wonderful. 

Off again on another bike tour tomorrow.  This will be my third in 5 weeks.  You would think I would be thin but I do not believe that will ever happen.  I still want 10 lbs off by the Gala.

Loved all the pictures on the 4th.  Saved a couple.

mimi

• Enthusiastic
« Reply #727 on: July 07, 2014, 10:05:03 PM »
CONGRATULATIONS TO BARBARA FOR WINNING THE FIRST CA4NC GOLD CIRCLE RAFFLE.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #728 on: July 08, 2014, 01:10:03 AM »
CONGRATULATIONS TO BARBARA FOR WINNING THE FIRST CA4NC GOLD CIRCLE RAFFLE.
WOW, Barb!! that is wonderful!! WHen I read the email I was so excited that someone I knew won!!

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #729 on: July 08, 2014, 02:48:58 AM »
Wow! Go Barb!!! Congrats!!! Very happy for you!  ;D

WilsonClaymate

• Enthusiastic
  • The way you make me feel
« Reply #730 on: July 08, 2014, 06:59:04 PM »
Thanks to all of you.  I'm probably the most surprised one here.  I never win -- I've often said if I was the only one that entered a contest, they would decide to call it off for lack of interest.  :laugh:

I hope more of you are lucky as this goes on.  Very easy, if you joined the Gold Circle you don't have to do anything else.  There are much larger prizes available on the two other levels but this is the only one I could even think about.

"For me he's not a hobby, he's not an obsession, he's a joy, something that makes me happy..."    ~cc777

mimi

• Enthusiastic
« Reply #731 on: July 09, 2014, 09:19:25 AM »
Tiffany,or Marilyn could you post the link of the radio interview Clay did yesterday ?
It is long,but good interview

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac

mimi

• Enthusiastic
« Reply #733 on: July 09, 2014, 07:36:05 PM »
Thank you Tiffany. It was a good interview,and I like to hear him talk,but would prefer to be able to hear him sing.
All this political stuff takes some getting use to...I'm working on it. ;D :)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #734 on: July 10, 2014, 02:59:51 PM »
Tiffany,or Marilyn could you post the link of the radio interview Clay did yesterday ?
It is long,but good interview

Actually, it was posted in the ANN

ClayManiacs.com  |  Got Clay?  |  Clay Daily  |  Criticial Mass #45 - Main Clay Discussion Thread

gfxgfx
gfx