gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229519 Posts in 2574 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay March 28, 2024, 01:15:05 PM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Got Clay?  |  Clay Daily  |  Criticial Mass #45 - Main Clay Discussion Thread
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Criticial Mass #45 - Main Clay Discussion Thread  (Read 147815 times)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
Re: Criticial Mass #45 - Main Clay Discussion Thread
« Reply #690 on: June 26, 2014, 12:32:45 AM »
It was so good to see all the posts today. My frozen heart melted a little.

And I have some really good personal news. The doctor took me off one blood pressure med and one diabetes med. I have been maintaining low numbers (sometimes way too low-woke up at 5 am last week feeling sick and the sugar reading was 56!!).

So- we will see if this works. Trying hard to be good with less carbs.

Gwenn, I do hope we will see you in September. And if you can go, perhaps Sunny and Michelle could meet us for lunch somewhere. That would be wonderful.

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

mimi

• Enthusiastic
« Reply #691 on: June 26, 2014, 02:09:16 PM »
Marilyn~ I am so glad you wrote the post. I would sure hate to see us just fad away. This board means a lot to me,and many others. Besides, I was getting mighty tired of seeing me post all the time ;D :)
Forgive your enemies...it messes with their head.

LOVE CLAY

• Admirer
« Reply #692 on: June 26, 2014, 06:51:58 PM »

GWENN, I JUST WANTED YOU TO KNOW THAT I ALWAYS ENJOY READING YOUR POSTS.

Rosemary

WilsonClaymate

• Enthusiastic
  • The way you make me feel
« Reply #693 on: June 26, 2014, 07:43:48 PM »
Gwenn - I felt the same way when last year's Gala was over.  As soon as they brought the house lights up, I looked at Barb and told her that it sure sounded like "Good By".  I don't think there were many people there that night that didn't feel the same way.  Then we got the e-mail from Jerry Aiken saying something like Clay would attend other Gala's if he could work it into his schedule.  The combination of the two really seemed like a death knoll.

It's hard to tell what the future brings but I will always cherish all the friends I have made here and hope we will have occasions to get together every now and then.

I will never forget my trip to Philly when I met you and you had your M & G.  You were priceless and that is a night I won't forget.
"For me he's not a hobby, he's not an obsession, he's a joy, something that makes me happy..."    ~cc777

LOVE CLAY

• Admirer
« Reply #694 on: June 26, 2014, 08:02:46 PM »

Is there a way that Clay's team that help with the Gala could be aware of the disappointments and concerns of past Gala's. I would think that they would want to make Clay's fans happy.

wisconsinmaniac

• Claymaniac
  • Filling Every Empty Space With Clay
« Reply #695 on: June 26, 2014, 10:11:34 PM »

Is there a way that Clay's team that help with the Gala could be aware of the disappointments and concerns of past Gala's. I would think that they would want to make Clay's fans happy.

ROSEMARY -  I really think that Clay's team was very much made aware of the negative concerns about last year's Gala!!!  Some of the larger "Clay Websites"  were very vocal about how bad/sad they felt about the tone of the 2013 Gala!! :o  Jerry Aiken made things worse IMHO with his statement that he would try to get Clay to attend/perform at future galas.   I have often thought that "Clay' s Team" just didn't get it.  Clay also was naive to think fans would flock to the Gala even if he wasn't there!!   I have trouble justifying the ticket price, plane fare, hotel, etc. from my humble budget   . . . . . but without Clay - NO WAY!!  A great part of the Gala is spending time with very special friends each year.  That is simply the best!!!  I would still support the National Inclusion Project and send a child to camp . . . . .but that would be all I could do!! 

As GWENN (and others) have expressed, the finale of last year's Gala was heart-breaking.  I don't think Clay or Jerry or anyone else wanted to hurt those in attendance, but they did!  I will never forget the sinking feeling I felt in my heart!

BTW - Always glad when you post here.  Also GBIFAN - stop in more often.  JULES  - We haven't heard from you in a while!!  We need to hear from you!

Well  . . . I hope the mini-rally here at CM the past day or so will continue.   We are a great bunch and we need to stay connected!!  8)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #696 on: June 27, 2014, 07:27:32 AM »
Totally OT from Clay- I took a tumble last night. I had ordered a screen tent for my back yard and it arrived yesterday on my front steps. I was carrying it around back (I don't use my front door) and there are two steps down into the driveway. Well, I stepped on the edge of the second step and started to go down. I dropped the box and grabbed hold of the mailbox to break my fall, but I did a little dosey do with it and twisted it around, and went down anyway.
The bad part is that once you are down at my advanced age, you wonder how in hell are you going to get up again!!  Luckily I was near the little platform my ex had made for our garbage cans, so I pulled myself up. Everything hurts, my hand is bruised, my elbow is scraped, and I have this huge skinned knee. Because I am diabetic, my legs get infected easily and I get cellulitis, but luckily I am already on antibiotics because I cut my toe three weeks ago and THAT got cellulitis.

What can I say, I am a klutz.. Thank GOODNESS my dress for the wedding in two weeks is floor length. It will look pretty funky for the mother of the groom to have bandaids on the knee!!

Got to go to work. Everyone have a great day!!!
ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

mimi

• Enthusiastic
« Reply #697 on: June 27, 2014, 08:58:05 AM »
Marilyn~ I was coming to tell you congratulations about your medication,only to find your post that you are trying to do away with yourself. ;D.

I am so sorry to hear about your fall..Thankfully you didn't break anything. Falling is one of my greatest fears,especially injuring my knees, or ankle. If that ever happens,that will be the doing in of me, I fear. I know what a time you had with your leg before,so thank goodness you were already on antibiotics for your toe.

Hopefully you will be bruise free ,before the wedding.

It was good to see so many had posted yesterday.

Hope everyone is doing well,and that you will enjoy the up coming weekend.

mimi

• Enthusiastic
« Reply #698 on: June 27, 2014, 10:28:24 AM »
I was wondering about the theater "no videoing" rules,since we will be back in the ballroom again for the Gala I wonder if that rule may be lifted,and we may have clack again?  I know the one year ,after the dinner in the ballroom,the gal sitting next to me asked if I would be very quiet during Clays performance,as she was taking clack...no talking or clinking of glassware, for me. I did clap however probably much to her displeasure,I'm sure ....so shoot me! :)

I guess CLAY will be the one to decide if there will be clack. For those who are unable to attend,I wish it would be possible,since we will not be hearing CLAY sing for us again for awhile.  I do understand he has to be very careful what gets in the media though,since he is being so closely watched by his opponent.

In regards to Jerry's statement on FB, I think what really ticked a lot of people off, was him making a remark about,we might be coming for the wrong reasons to the Gala, instinuating that if we were only coming to hear,and see Clay,we were coming for the wrong reason. I do support The National Inclusion throughout the year, but I must admit, I'm going for the wrong reason,to see,and hear Clay,so what? I'm still supportive.

« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 10:48:22 AM by mimi »

mimi

• Enthusiastic
« Reply #699 on: June 27, 2014, 04:37:16 PM »
Clay TV Appearance Sunday CNN "State of The Union",9:00am and noon. He will also be on the Christmas rerun show on Arsenio's Show,tonight.

The CNN appearance is a big deal,especially since he is running for congress now. GOOD FOR HIM!

I'm through for the day(aren't you glad?:)) Carry on!

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #700 on: June 27, 2014, 05:10:46 PM »
Clay on TV is the best after seeing him live Ofcourse!  ;D

WilsonClaymate

• Enthusiastic
  • The way you make me feel
« Reply #701 on: June 28, 2014, 10:18:53 AM »
Clay on TV is the best after seeing him live Ofcourse!  ;D

I agree with you there, Tiffany ;D
"For me he's not a hobby, he's not an obsession, he's a joy, something that makes me happy..."    ~cc777

mimi

• Enthusiastic
« Reply #702 on: June 28, 2014, 11:04:21 AM »
At the CV this morning they seem to think CLAY has been bumped from the show tomorrow morning. I think he was scheduled for some event in Wake Forest tomorrow. Since I'm not sure, I will tape State of the Nation tomorrow morning anyway.  Hopefully if he has been bumped,they will have him on at a later date. Sure hope so.

mimi

• Enthusiastic
« Reply #703 on: June 28, 2014, 05:59:46 PM »
It's official,Clay has been bumped from SotU tomorrow...Hopefully he will be asked again ,soon

mimi

• Enthusiastic
« Reply #704 on: June 30, 2014, 12:42:34 PM »
Looks like I ran everyone off again. ;D

There is a picture posted yesterday of Clay traveling on the train,(to,or from Washington D.C) Blond lady with him,looks like Faye from the back view.

Hope everyone will have a great week,including a safe July 4th.

ClayManiacs.com  |  Got Clay?  |  Clay Daily  |  Criticial Mass #45 - Main Clay Discussion Thread

gfxgfx
gfx