gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229512 Posts in 2574 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay March 28, 2024, 07:54:02 AM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Got Clay?  |  Clay Daily  |  Criticial Mass #45 - Main Clay Discussion Thread
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Criticial Mass #45 - Main Clay Discussion Thread  (Read 147719 times)

LOVE CLAY

• Admirer
Re: Criticial Mass #45 - Main Clay Discussion Thread
« Reply #375 on: April 01, 2014, 05:23:47 PM »

MICHELLE

DO WE NEED MORE DONATIONS FOR THE WEBSITE HOST?

Rosemary

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #376 on: April 01, 2014, 09:20:38 PM »
I can honestly say that Clay does NOT intend to say goodbye- it's like he is on hiatus from entertaining. I am positive that he will be back. When that will be depends on the outcome of the election.

However, he WILL be at the Gala and I am hoping he will sing at least a couple of songs.

Even if he is just acting as emcee, I will be happy to see and hear him.

I am really really looking forward to seeing those of you who are going to attend the Gala. We will have a little reunion!!

I plan on arriving mid-day Thursday, so those of us who are there might be able to get together Thursday night. Michelle and Sunny, even if you will not be attending the Gala I am hoping we will see you at some point.
ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #377 on: April 01, 2014, 09:28:15 PM »
So- here in good old NY- yesterday was the freakiest weather I have ever experienced!!
Woke up and saw a little snow on the ground- was way surprised because it had not been predicted. I drove North up Nichols Road to the expressway (Sunny might follow what I am saying). I left my house at 5 minutes to 8. By the time I had arrived at the expressway, which is about 3-4 miles North of me, it was snowing in earnest. As I went along, my rear window defroster could not work enough to melt the snow building up. There were chunks of snow on the hood of my car-and the rear view mirror kept getting buried. I opened the window and cleared it with my hand.

There were cars pulling over to clean up their front and rear windows, there were cars stuck in the middle lanes, not moving, there was even a tractor trailer stopped in the center lane, with a police car behind him. I get on the Expressway at exit 62 and drive to exit 50. Normal "rush hour" traffic and it usually takes me a little over an hour. It took me 2 hours and 40 minutes to get to work!! Also, the snow was tapering off by the time I got to exit 52.  By the time I got to exit 50, the rear window defroster melted the snow, and the snow was actually melting off the top of my roof and sliding down to the hood, it was so warm. When I left work at 6:30, the snow was gone and my car was totally clean!!

The weatherman told us 1-2 inches but it would only settle on the grass and sidewalks. We ended up with FIVE inches in the area where I live.

FREAKY!!

mimi

• Enthusiastic
« Reply #378 on: April 02, 2014, 04:27:45 PM »
Beautiful day in Raleigh..86.  Spring has sprung! (hopefully)
Forgive your enemies...it messes with their head.

glory

• Claymaniac
« Reply #379 on: April 02, 2014, 07:29:30 PM »

MARLENE GLAD TO SEE YOU HERE, DID EVERYTHING GO OK ,I WAS SO SORRY TO HEAR OF MARGIE'S PASSING. A BIG HUG FOR YOU AND ROGER :-* :-*

mimi

• Enthusiastic
« Reply #380 on: April 02, 2014, 07:56:44 PM »
Glory~ Thank you ...I had posted when we came home from WV after the funeral...page 25 post # 366.

Everyone did fine, and Rogers sister surprised us all with how well she handled everything. She had to use her portable oxygen during the visitation & funeral but considering all they had been through we were all very proud with how well she did.

Unfortunately Roger has been sick since we came home, with a stomach virus. Today is the first day he has eaten a meal..He has been living off of toast, saltine crackers, emotrol, lomotrin & ginger ale.  Hopefully he's on the road to recovery.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #381 on: April 03, 2014, 07:16:32 AM »
Marlene, please give Roger my best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Gwenn

• Claymaniac
  • HE'S KILLING ME.
« Reply #382 on: April 03, 2014, 09:08:16 PM »
OMG, THIS IS SO TRUE.

Achin' for Clay
Gary Pearce posted on April 03, 2014 10:15
Carter said a “celebrity” campaign was different. Now I get it. Working with Clay Aiken is unlike any campaign I’ve seen.

Aiken starts with the most valuable quality a candidate can have today. He is a genuine political outsider in a time when voters are disgusted with politics. And he has near-universal name recognition. He doesn’t have to buy that on TV.

His challenge as a candidate is – or, was – different. Call it the WTF Factor. As in “Clay Aiken for Congress? WTF?” People know who he is, but is he qualified?

Aiken put that to rest in his five-minute announcement video. It has been viewed more than 600,000 times. Then he walked a gauntlet of interviews in the state and national media. When people hear him and talk to him, they realize he knows the district, knows the issues and knows what people are going through.

Now he’s on a roll. People react to him like to no other politician. I saw it last weekend at the College Dems/Young Dems convention and at Lillian’s List this week. The room buzzes when he comes in. People watch him. They take his measure. They want to take pictures with him.

Aiken seizes that moment. He takes their cell phone and snaps a selfie with them. Now, “#selfieswithclay” is a thing.

All this explains why he has a 20-point lead in the Democratic primary. And why the DCCC has put this race on the radar. And why Renee Ellmers suddenly looks spooked.

http://www.talkingaboutpolitics.com/Hom … Xs.twitter

GWENN
HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER

Sundancer

• Claymaniac
  • Goddess of Snark
« Reply #383 on: April 03, 2014, 09:27:14 PM »
Well, that's encouraging. Thanks, Gwenn! :laugh:
To look at me, you may be wrong. I've been through this--it made me strong.
I believed that I would find an open door or a light to lead me to the other side.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #384 on: April 04, 2014, 01:37:34 AM »
I loved the article too, Gwenn- it was actually posted earlier in the Aiken News Network!!!

Tons of pics with Clay being tweeted- all the links are in the news thread.

A lot of us have mentioned the buzz when he walks into a room. The energy levels rise -like when he first walks on stage. He just has that charisma!

woodstock854

• Claymaniac
« Reply #385 on: April 04, 2014, 08:52:59 AM »

Now he’s on a roll. People react to him like to no other politician. I saw it last weekend at the College Dems/Young Dems convention and at Lillian’s List this week. The room buzzes when he comes in. People watch him. They take his measure. They want to take pictures with him.

Aiken seizes that moment. He takes their cell phone and snaps a selfie with them. Now, “#selfieswithclay” is a thing.

That certainly is good news!!!   But, of course, not surprising to those of us that have been wooed by him for years!!!  Keep on charming everyone, Clay, and you just may win!!!
It is nice to be important, but it is more important to be nice.  - John Cassis

Gwenn

• Claymaniac
  • HE'S KILLING ME.
« Reply #386 on: April 04, 2014, 01:38:39 PM »

That certainly is good news!!!   But, of course, not surprising to those of us that have been wooed by him for years!!!  Keep on charming everyone, Clay, and you just may win!!!

YEP.  I SMILED WHEN I READ IT CAUSE IT IS JUST SO TRUE.  I REMEMBER WHEN HE WALKED INTO THE ROOM AT MY M&G.  HE TAKES OVER A ROOM.  DOMINATES IT.  AND IF HE TURNS ON THE CHARM, FORGET IT.  IF I CAN RECALL. 8) ;)

GWENN
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER

WilsonClaymate

• Enthusiastic
  • The way you make me feel
« Reply #387 on: April 04, 2014, 08:11:15 PM »
I am running a little behind but I am very happy that we were able to raise the funds necessary to keep our site here open.    When I found this site in 2004 I never would have believed what was in store for me.  I knew I had found a young man with a great voice but I never expected to find so many good friends and go on adventures that I had not even thought about.   I sure hope they keep on, one way or another.

I am sitting here tonight and I can actually read what I am typing.  My vision for the last couple of months kept getting worse and worse and almost everything looked very gray.  To make a long story short I had a "large" cataract removed from my left eye Tuesday.   When I went for a checkup on Wednesday morning the doctor took the bandage off and I could already see better than I had when I went into surgery.  What a huge surprise it was when we got in the car going home and I could not believe how bright and clear everything was.  I came home and it looked like I had a new TV because it was so clear.  Now I will probably have to have it done on the right eye in about a month.  At least maybe by time the Gala gets here I can see what is going on.

Gwenn -- I now know what you go through everyday and I so wish there was something that could be done to help you.

Marilyn -- thanks so much for all the info on Clay and his campaign.  It seems like people are at least paying attention to what he is saying.  I hope that the people who are coming to see him are coming because they are interested in what he has to say and not just because he is "Clay Aiken"--and that they will go vote.  Since this is what he apparently wants, I hope he makes it. 

Marlene -- Sorry Roger has been sick since you have been home.  Glad he is feeling a little better, just be sure it isn't the flu.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 04:19:12 PM by WilsonClaymate »
"For me he's not a hobby, he's not an obsession, he's a joy, something that makes me happy..."    ~cc777

mimi

• Enthusiastic
« Reply #388 on: April 06, 2014, 09:09:51 PM »
Barbara~ Know that you must be relieved to have your cataract surgery finally done...the second one should do just as well. You will be able to see Clay up close and CLEAR in Sept.  Only 5 months..
Roger is much better, thanks. He actually worked in the yard all day yesterday.

We are suppose to have some heavy rain & storms tomorrow in Raleigh. Maybe it will wash away some of the green pine pollen that has started to accumulate. Allergy sufferers nightmare!!

CINDY (stilldreaming) Thanks again for our great new banner.

Gwenn

• Claymaniac
  • HE'S KILLING ME.
« Reply #389 on: April 07, 2014, 11:55:12 AM »
BARB---GLAD YOUR SURGERY WAS A SUCCESS.  AT LEAST YOUR ISSUE COULD BE CORRECTED.  FOR ME, I AM JUST GLAD I CAN SEE.  I AM USED TO IT.  OTHER THAN DRIVING AND GETTING GOOD THEATER SEATS ;) ;) ;), IT IS JUST NOT AN ISSUE ANYMORE FOR ME. 

SO, WHEN EXACTLY IS THIS PRIMARY? 

GWENN
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER

ClayManiacs.com  |  Got Clay?  |  Clay Daily  |  Criticial Mass #45 - Main Clay Discussion Thread

gfxgfx
gfx