gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229512 Posts in 2574 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay March 28, 2024, 05:42:19 AM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Got Clay?  |  Clay Daily  |  Criticial Mass #45 - Main Clay Discussion Thread
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Criticial Mass #45 - Main Clay Discussion Thread  (Read 147691 times)

mimi

• Enthusiastic
Re: Criticial Mass #45 - Main Clay Discussion Thread
« Reply #330 on: March 17, 2014, 02:43:18 PM »
I would love to go to some of these events,but it doesn't work out for me,because of work. I'm hoping he will eventually do something in Raleigh ,on a weekend, that doesn't cost and arm & leg. ;D.

My GS & his wife live in Cary, but I very seldom go there . I am unfamiliar with the area ,and find it hard to get around in. I would not go especially at night,by myself. I probably would end up in Sanford, or parts unknown.:)
Forgive your enemies...it messes with their head.

Sundancer

• Claymaniac
  • Goddess of Snark
« Reply #331 on: March 17, 2014, 10:39:22 PM »
I hope he doesn't bring his mama to the open house. :o
To look at me, you may be wrong. I've been through this--it made me strong.
I believed that I would find an open door or a light to lead me to the other side.

Gwenn

• Claymaniac
  • HE'S KILLING ME.
« Reply #332 on: March 18, 2014, 09:05:19 AM »
HI THERE--

SO I HAVE BEEN THINKING ABOUT WHY I HAVE NOT BEEN POSTING.  SOME RANDOM THOUGHTS.

I THINK ABOUT YOU GUYS A LOT.  DON'T THINK I DON'T.
I THINK I AM GRIEVING FOR THE FUN WE USED TO HAVE WITH CLAY.  THAT IS TOTALLY OVER AND I AM ANGRY. 
I HAVE NO IDEA HOW THE VOTERS ARE THINKING ABOUT CLAY AND I AM AFRAID THAT HE WILL, ONCE AGAIN, COME IN SECOND.  I DON'T WANT TO HEAR THAT ANY MORE.  I KNOW HE IS SO CAPABLE AND I WANT SOMEONE LIKE HIM IN CONGRESS REPRESENTING HONESTY AND CONSCIENCE.  IT DOESN'T MATTER THAT I AM NOT FROM HIS DISTRICT BECAUSE ULTIMATELY THE VOTES IN CONGRESS AFFECT US ALL.
I WONDER HOW YOU GET VOTERS OUT FOR A PRIMARY.  THE TRUTH IS THAT NO MATTER WHAT PEOPLE ARE FEELING AOBUT HIM--AND LET'S FACE IT, WITH ALL THESE PERSONAL APPEARANCES THEY CAN MEET HIM OFTEN AND WE ALL KNOW HOW DAMN CHARMING HE IS--IF THEY DON'T GET OUT AND VOTE, IT ALL MEANS NOTHING.  AT LEAST AROUND HERE, PRIMARIES ARE A NONEVENT.  I WOULD FEEL DIFFERENTLY IF THE PRIMARY WAS OVER AND WE WAS IN THE GENERAL ELECTION.
I KNOW IN MY HEART THAT IF HE DOES NOT WIN THE PRIMARY, WE WILL NEVER HEAR FROM HIM AGAIN OTHER THAN A GALA AND I FEAR THE NIP WILL SUFFER GREATLY FROM THAT.  AFTER A WHILE, THE FEW WHO GO TO GALAS WILL STOP AND THEN HE WILL DEFINITELY DISAPPEAR INTO THE NIGHT AND SO MAY THE NIP. 

SO, ULTIMATELY, I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY.  I AM NOT AS EXCITED ABOUT HIM RUNNING AS I WAS BECAUSE I AM JUST SO WORRIED HE HAS SET HIMSELF UP FOR ANOTHER SECOND PLACE.  IF THE DNC COULD CONVINCE THE OTHER GUY TO DROP OUT, I THINK CLAY HAS A GREAT CHANCE TO WIN IN NOV.  BUT, RIGHT NOW, I JUST FEEL LIKE IT IS THE END. 

I WILL DROP IN OFTEN.  JUST WISH I DIDN'T FEEL SO SAD ABOUT ALL OF THIS.

MARLENE--POSITIVE THOUGHTS.

GWENN
HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER

lovinclay

• Claymaniac
  • Clay Aiken...Character and Integrity Personified!
« Reply #333 on: March 18, 2014, 10:28:21 AM »
Gwenn, I hear ya, girlfriend!

mimi

• Enthusiastic
« Reply #334 on: March 18, 2014, 11:49:11 AM »
Did you all receive the e-mail from Gene Conti?  BREAKING : Polling shows Clay in first.   He's 20 points ahead of Toni  Morris,and 22  points ahead of Keith Crisco.

I do know that Crisco is running ads ,and they are usually on during the noon and evening news. They are very annoying as they keep saying his name over ,and over, Ten times to be exact. Then at the end MR Personality(NOT) Crisco, says this message has been approved by Keith Cricso.. By then I'm ready to scream! :)

Sundancer

• Claymaniac
  • Goddess of Snark
« Reply #335 on: March 18, 2014, 12:30:52 PM »
Gwenn,

Anyone watching the situation with even a modicum of reality has to realize that Clay may not do well in the election--or the primary for that matter. Especially with him jumping into the national arena on his first foray into politics. All of the "crossing fingers" and "sending good thoughts to his campaign" isn't going to make the voters choose him over someone else. (And yes, primaries here are pretty low turn-out, too.)

I don't know what he has planned if he doesn't advance after May. But I sure do understand your feelings about the whole thing, and share a lot of them myself. ((G))
I believed that I would find an open door or a light to lead me to the other side.

Gwenn

• Claymaniac
  • HE'S KILLING ME.
« Reply #336 on: March 18, 2014, 01:17:43 PM »
MARLENE--I DID GET THAT AND IT DOES LOOK VERY PROMISING.  THE POINT IS THAT THE VOTERS HAVE TO GET OUT AND VOTE.  HISTORICALLY, THE YOUNGER VOTERS DON'T GO TO PRIMARIES.  OLDER VOTERS ARE NOT GOING TO VOTE FOR CLAY FOR VARIOUS REASONS.  UNLESS HE HAS CHARMED THE PANTS OFF OF THEM WHICH IS ALWAYS POSSIBLE.   ;) ;) ;)

SUNNY--AGREE.  I HAVE TO SAY THAT IF I HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO GO TO THAT OPEN HOUSE, I WOULD GO JUST TO SEE HOW NJU ARE REACTING TO HIM AND TO TALK TO PEOPLE MYSELF OUT OF CURIOSITY.  (I CAN STRIKE UP A CONVERSATION WITH ANYONE IF I WANT TO.)  IT IS HARD FOR ME TO LOOK AT CLAY WITHOUT KNOWING ALL I DO KNOW.

AS IN MOST ELECTIONS, IT ALL COMES DOWN TO VOTER TURNOUT.

GWENN
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER

Sundancer

• Claymaniac
  • Goddess of Snark
« Reply #337 on: March 18, 2014, 06:23:15 PM »
SUNNY--AGREE.  I HAVE TO SAY THAT IF I HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO GO TO THAT OPEN HOUSE, I WOULD GO JUST TO SEE HOW NJU ARE REACTING TO HIM AND TO TALK TO PEOPLE MYSELF OUT OF CURIOSITY.  (I CAN STRIKE UP A CONVERSATION WITH ANYONE IF I WANT TO.)  IT IS HARD FOR ME TO LOOK AT CLAY WITHOUT KNOWING ALL I DO KNOW.
I didn't go to the open house; had other things I needed to do. But I also had the feeling that a large percentage of the people who turned out would be fans who wanted to see him up-close, rather than voters interested in what he had to say. I wonder if that was the case.

mimi

• Enthusiastic
« Reply #338 on: March 18, 2014, 06:27:53 PM »
The Open House was postponed. due to the weather. They will announce the opening at a later date.

Sundancer

• Claymaniac
  • Goddess of Snark
« Reply #339 on: March 18, 2014, 06:29:51 PM »
The Open House was postponed. due to the weather. They will announce the opening at a later date.
Thanks, Marlene.

Maybe Gwenn can give me some tips on how to strike up a conversation with anyone, and I can put them to use. 8)

LOVE CLAY

• Admirer
« Reply #340 on: March 18, 2014, 06:51:55 PM »
Michele, a check will be in the mail tomorrow.

I for one think Clay has a good chance in the political race. If not I look forward to seeing him on Broadway again.  Rosemary                                                                                                     

Gwenn

• Claymaniac
  • HE'S KILLING ME.
« Reply #341 on: March 18, 2014, 09:32:42 PM »
VERY FUNNY, SUNNY.   ;D ;) :-*

GWENN
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER

mimi

• Enthusiastic
« Reply #342 on: March 19, 2014, 09:50:04 AM »
We have decide to go to WV to see Roger's Mom, and we will be leaving after I drop Rebecca off at school tomorrow morning. Margie has been moved to a Hospic facility,and is eating & drinking very little. They said that she would not be going back to her son's again . She has become so weak and fragile that they have decided to no longer try to get her up. She has a catheter,and her input and output is not good.
The siblings need to set down and make arrangements for the inevitable. We would appreciate very much your prayers for Margie, and our family, as this is and has been a very stressful time for us.

Tomorrow Clay has a busy day.  At 10:00-noon he will be at Campbell College,in Harnett Co(meet & greet),and then The Wake Co Democratic Party are honoring him with a reception at the Captial Club Ballroom in downtown Raleigh(this is a ticketed event) from 5:30 -700    BUSY! BUSY! He sure is doing a lot of traveling.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #343 on: March 21, 2014, 12:02:25 PM »
THE MAN TAKES MY BREATH AWAY- IMAGINE HIM LOOKING AT YOU LIKE THIS?? <<SWOONS>>

<------------------------
ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

wisconsinmaniac

• Claymaniac
  • Filling Every Empty Space With Clay
« Reply #344 on: March 21, 2014, 12:45:02 PM »
T H U D  !!!!

(Don't you envy how articulate I am) ?   ;D

I would vote for him.   In fact, he looks so honest that I would also buy a used car from him!!  ;)

ClayManiacs.com  |  Got Clay?  |  Clay Daily  |  Criticial Mass #45 - Main Clay Discussion Thread

gfxgfx
gfx