gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229517 Posts in 2574 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay March 28, 2024, 10:57:50 AM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Got Clay?  |  Clay Daily  |  Criticial Mass #45 - Main Clay Discussion Thread
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Criticial Mass #45 - Main Clay Discussion Thread  (Read 147779 times)

lovinclay

• Claymaniac
  • Clay Aiken...Character and Integrity Personified!
Re: Criticial Mass #45 - Main Clay Discussion Thread
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2014, 01:19:58 PM »
Congratulations, Marlene and Roger!   ;D

Also, happy belated birthday, Tiffany!   ;D

Hope everyone's doing ok. 

Thea

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2014, 02:41:54 PM »
Hi MICKI!  Hope you're doing OK, as well.  I'm plugging along.  Life is just one damn thing after the other, though.   :-\

Belated congratulations to Marlene and Roger on your ?? wedding anniversary!

EDIT:  Clay content: Who???

mimi

• Enthusiastic
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2014, 08:27:02 PM »
Thanks for all the congratulations on our anniversary
Forgive your enemies...it messes with their head.

glory

• Claymaniac
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2014, 08:37:43 PM »

I FEEL SAD  LIKE LOSING A PART OF MY HEART, 10 YEARS  I REALLY THINK HE COULD HAVE HANDLED THIS BETTER HE SHOULD HAVE AT LEAST SAID GOODBYE INSTEAD OF A BLOG THAT MADE NO SENSE AT THE TIME, BUT NO SENSE IN BEATING A DEAD HORSE SO TO SPEAK.

I EXPECTED IT YEARS AGO BUT I WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN READY THEN EITHER  I SUPPOSE.

I MET SOME AMAZING PEOPLE ON THIS SITE,  HAD SOME ADVENTURES, SOME LAUGHS, SOME TEARS, NOW WHAT I FEEL LIKE WE ARE NOT A PART OF THE CLAY NATION ANYMORE WONDER IF CLAY FEELS IT TO. :'( I LOVE YOU ALL.

glory

• Claymaniac
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2014, 09:42:43 PM »

THIS IS PITIFUL NO POST SINCE YESTERDAY MAKES ME SADDER. :'(

wisconsinmaniac

• Claymaniac
  • Filling Every Empty Space With Clay
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2014, 11:51:11 PM »
GLORY -  Hang in there!  Because we are not sure which direction Clay will be going next . . . it can be very annoying.   GWENN has used that word many times to described the unknown path that Clay is taking.  ;)

IMHO, Clay is searching for something that will satisfy his need to make a difference.  He has always indicated that was what he wanted to do.  I am sticking around and hoping that he has success and satisfaction in whatever he desires.  He deserves to follow his dreams.  His immense talent should have continued to make him a star in the entertainment business.  I feel that he trusted people who did not have his best interest at heart so there were many obstacles blocking a successful career!

He is such an interesting individual that I think we will still have many conversations/opinions/questions, etc. about his journey.  The bottom line for me is that a young man with that voice (and so much more) will more than likely say "yes" to an offer on TV or Broadway or even something else in the entertainment business!  He belongs on a stage!!  He is one of a kind!  8)

Sundancer

• Claymaniac
  • Goddess of Snark
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2014, 11:59:06 PM »
Barb,

After all the recent talk of him possibly entering politics, and his seeming rush last fall to tie up any outstanding "entertainment" obligations (fan engagements, for example), you really believe he's going to be on Broadway or TV in the near future?
To look at me, you may be wrong. I've been through this--it made me strong.
I believed that I would find an open door or a light to lead me to the other side.

wisconsinmaniac

• Claymaniac
  • Filling Every Empty Space With Clay
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2014, 12:36:22 AM »
Barb,

After all the recent talk of him possibly entering politics, and his seeming rush last fall to tie up any outstanding "entertainment" obligations (fan engagements, for example), you really believe he's going to be on Broadway or TV in the near future?

SUNNY -  I am not hoping that he fails if/when he gives a try in politics or whatever.  I know he is an articulate and intelligent man but I think he will have a struggle in N.C. because he is gay.  I wish he was running for something in Wisconsin!!!  We need someone intelligent!! 

Is it possible that he will miss the excitement of being on stage sometime in the future??  Don't you think that if all else fails, he would consider accepting an offer to do something in the entertainment field that would finally "validate" him as a first rate entertainer??

Good reviews are not enough . . . .to successfully score in the entertainment world, he needs the support of someone who is very credible.  Just staying tuned . . . . . and wondering which direction he will eventually take!

Sundancer

• Claymaniac
  • Goddess of Snark
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2014, 07:06:08 AM »
SUNNY -  I am not hoping that he fails if/when he gives a try in politics or whatever.  I know he is an articulate and intelligent man but I think he will have a struggle in N.C. because he is gay.  I wish he was running for something in Wisconsin!!!  We need someone intelligent!! 
We all do!! :laugh:

I agree that it will be tougher for him to represent NC than it would other places. I think he's drawn to challenges...

Is it possible that he will miss the excitement of being on stage sometime in the future??  Don't you think that if all else fails, he would consider accepting an offer to do something in the entertainment field that would finally "validate" him as a first rate entertainer??
Being in politics is similar to being onstage, esp. the part about living under a microscope (which is why I'm a little surprised he would volunteer to undertake this as a possible career change). So, I don't think he would miss the stage, as he would still be in the spotlight--only now, the "script" would be about issues that are important to him, rather than songs and lines that someone else has written.

I don't see him returning to entertainment. I think he would feel it's a step backward. And unfortunately, after the valiant effort he put in for 10 years, I don't think there's anyone or any project that's going to finally "turn the key" for him. I think that, for whatever reason, he was blackballed. I believe it started with Clive, and spread from there. It's not about talent--look at Bieber, Spears, and all the other young millionaires out there. It's about power and money.

Kinda like politics. Good luck to him!
To look at me, you may be wrong. I've been through this--it made me strong.
I believed that I would find an open door or a light to lead me to the other side.

glory

• Claymaniac
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2014, 08:59:37 AM »

DAVID FOSTER IS ABOUT AS BIG AS THEY GET I GUESS CLAY WAS TO PROUD TO ASK HIM.

CLIVE IS A PIG.IMO :o

lovinclay

• Claymaniac
  • Clay Aiken...Character and Integrity Personified!
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2014, 09:23:11 AM »
Pam, unfortunately I agree with you.  If he's thrown his hat in the ring politically, (has this been confirmed?), he's left entertainment.  And Glory, I agree with you that it could have been handled better with the fans.  That stupid blog was a joke.  I wish him well.

mimi

• Enthusiastic
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2014, 11:06:44 AM »
Is the final filing date Feb 3? If so, that is only 17 days away. Wonder what he is waiting for,if he indeed is planning to run ?

Gwenn

• Claymaniac
  • HE'S KILLING ME.
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2014, 11:58:07 AM »
SUNNY--

THAT WAS AN AMAZING POST.  I AGREE WITH EVERYTHING YOU SAID.  HE HAS TO DO WHAT HE HAS TO DO.  IT ALL BEGAN WITH CLIVE AND HIS NASTY SELF.  AND WHEN I SEE WHAT AND WHO ARE MAKING IT BIG IN MUSIC TODAY, IT JUST MAKES ME SICK.  JUSTIN B IS NUTS.  MILEY IS A PIG.  ON AND ON.  CLAY JUST CANNOT MAKE IT IN MUSIC.  KELLY IS SOARING---WITH HER MIL'S HELP.  YES, SHE IS TALENTED BUT CLAY HAS MORE CHARISMA AND STAGE PRESENCE.  REBA IS A FORCE.  END OF.

THE GAY ISSUE IS NEVER GONNA GO AWAY.  IT HELD HIM BACK IN MUSIC.  I HAVE SAID IT OVER AND OVER.  THERE ARE NO SUCCESSFUL GAY POP SINGERS AND NONE IN COUNTRY WHERE I BELIEVE CLAY REALLY BELONGS.  ESPECIALLY MODERN COUNTRY.  HE SO FITS.  DARIUS RUCKER SINGS SONGS CLAY WOULD KILL ON.  MANY OF THE SONGS SUNG ON THE TV SHOW NASHVILLE HAVE CLAY'S NAME ON THEM.  INTERESTING, THEY HAVE A GAY CHARACTER ON THE SHOW TEARING HIMSELF APART ABOUT THE FACT THAT IF HE COMES OUT, HIS CAREER IS OVER.  TRUTH IS TRUTH WHETHER IT IS UGLY OR NOT.

HE HAS AN UPHILL BATTLE IN POLITICS.  I WISH HIM WELL.  HE HAS SO MUCH TO OFFER.  NOT SURE HE SHOULD HAVE ALLIED HIMSELF WITH THE PRESIDENT AT ALL.  NOT SMART CONSIDERING HOW LOW THE PRESIDENT'S APPROVAL RATE IS.  BUT NO POLITICS HERE.  ISN'T IT INTERESTING THAT THE EX GOVERNOR OF SC WHO CHEATED AND LIED WAS ELECTED TO CONGRESS AND AN HONEST AND INTELLIGENT GAY MAN PROBABLY WON'T BECAUSE HE IS GAY.  WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE?

GWENN
HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER

mimi

• Enthusiastic
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2014, 02:02:20 PM »
Gwenn ~ I think politics is just about as "dirty" a job,as being in the music business.

lucrezianoine

• Admirer
  • Member of the Caffeineholic Anonymous
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2014, 03:30:17 PM »
Good afternoon! Wow dropped in just in time for a new thread.

Happy belated anniversary wishes Marlene :)

So since I don't have access to this blog you guys have mentioned I can only assume there weren't any good news in the content? Is it Clay stating that he plans to leave the entertainment business?! Hopefully that's not true because he's still has so much talent to give.

On a personal note just want to share the news that I gave birth to my baby boy a week before Christmas. He was a month early but he's doing very well. We've named him Evan. On maternity leave until May so I'm trying to catch up on as much sleep as I can. Ava and Emily are getting used to their baby brother.

Hope everyone is well.

Jules

ClayManiacs.com  |  Got Clay?  |  Clay Daily  |  Criticial Mass #45 - Main Clay Discussion Thread

gfxgfx
gfx