gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229826 Posts in 2575 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay April 16, 2024, 05:10:49 AM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Got Clay?  |  Clay Daily  |  Criticial Mass #45 - Main Clay Discussion Thread
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Criticial Mass #45 - Main Clay Discussion Thread  (Read 149506 times)

mimi

• Enthusiastic
Re: Criticial Mass #45 - Main Clay Discussion Thread
« Reply #825 on: August 22, 2014, 08:55:20 AM »
If you would like to be inspired,read JoAnn's post at the OCD,pg 40,post#161. She has sure inspired me a lot. It sure makes my aches & pains seem small compared to what she has been going through. I wish her the best in whatever treatment she decides on,and I'm looking forward to seeing her in September at the Gala.
Forgive your enemies...it messes with their head.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #826 on: August 22, 2014, 10:43:32 PM »
A new fundraiser!! Let me know if you want to attend!! I will gather the info for you

Hello everyone! I wanted to drop in and let you all know that we are having a bowling fundraiser event in NYC for Clay on October 2nd at 8pm. It will be held at Bowlmor Lanes in Times Square. It's going to be a truly unique experience for all who attend. Clay is looking forward to spending time with the many fans who have supported him over the years. It's going to be a very relaxed, casual setting where one can mingle with Clay, other fans and supporters, and bowl. Please message me if interested and I will have an official invitation sent to you. Minimum ticket price/donation fee is $250 per person. Space is very limited so please respond in a timely manner. Looking forward to seeing you there!
ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #827 on: August 23, 2014, 07:22:26 AM »
Wish I could but can't afford it.  :( You going Marilyn? The McV girls are helping out I think. It is close after the Gala too. Waiting for something in DC.

Loved Clay's blog from the Huff post! I think the non fans that read it are very impressed! Have to admit one of the things I like about Clay running is that he is finally getting the respect he deserves!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #828 on: August 23, 2014, 09:12:00 AM »
Of course I will be there. Its so close, and I have plenty of accrued time off!! Just have to work a couple of extra projects to afford it!

mimi

• Enthusiastic
« Reply #829 on: August 23, 2014, 04:56:23 PM »
Good for you Marilyn. It would be great if some of these fundraisers were on Fridays, where there would be a weekend to travel. So far it seems most of the ones in NC are on week nights,mostly on Wed

Hard to believe, but there are only 27 days until the Gala...not that I'm counting down the days ,or anything ;D

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #830 on: August 24, 2014, 09:07:46 PM »
There is a recap of last weeks fundraiser in ANN for Aug 22nd

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #831 on: August 25, 2014, 08:26:14 AM »
Marilyn-lol Good job!  ;D I did the challenge last week.

fhmmany2

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #832 on: August 25, 2014, 12:21:00 PM »
Good Morning - I am doing my once in every  once in a while check on all of you..................

I just read Marlene's post about JoAnn. There was a time that we were all so close - now it seems we are blocked off into separate Threads. I brought JoAnn's post from August 18 over - I hope everyone will remember her this Friday as she begins another round of chemotherapy - from having chemo myself (2 years ago now) I can attest to her courage and wonderful attitude - I'm sure she would appreciate your prayers:

Good Afternoon Everyone,

I've been home since noon because Dr. Xiong told me that I would not need chemo today.

Sadly, I bring this news.  The scan results is the "big bad one" I've dreaded getting since this journey started on April 2, 2012.  My lungs have developed new tumors from top to bottom and ALL the tumors old and new have grown since last scan in April.  I also have 2 new tumors in the liver.

He will not give up and he said that he is still "fighting" with me.  He presented 3 new options.  I chose the first one and now we will have to wait on insurance approval..   This new treatment, if approved by my insurance, will consist of at least 3 new drugs and 2 pills per day.  The second option (might even have that one if insurance doesn't approve the one I chose)., consists of another new drug (drug new to me) and the Third option(which breaks my heart the most) would be new treatment at M.D. Anderson Hospital in Houston, 
    Dr. Xiong did practice at M.D. Anderson before he came here in 2005.  He mentioned that he "thought" going back and forth to M.D. Anderson would be "too" much for me, like getting sick from traveling etc.
   I told him that I  did not want to go away from him and I would prefer to try all his options he can provide (according to insurance) first and use M.D. Anderson if all else failed.
   He once again told me that the more treatments we try, the less chances that things worked.  He reminded me that doctors say that cancer is not curable, just can go into remission.  The best chance is the "first" treatment in most cases and this will be #5 type of treatments for me.
   I told him that I was not a quitter and that I WILL FIGHT UNTIL THE BATTLE IS OVER.  HE THEN "REMINDED" ME THAT I HAVE "INDEED" BEAT THE ODDS SO FAR.  THAT WHEN THE CANCER "FIRST" RETURNED IN MARCH, 2013, I'VE SURVIVED UNTIL NOW, AUGUST 2014 WHICH IS BETTER THEN THE "BOOKS" SUGGESTED.

I'm back, our preacher just dropped by to check on me and he also said a special prayer for me before he left.  He and his entire family are so nice.  I think I  told you before, I was "adopted" into their clan. (He's from Scotland)

Don't worry about me or feel sorry for me! :)  I'm going to enjoy each day to the fullest.  OLD "PURPLE SPIT FIRE" IS TO ORNERY TO SIT BACK AND DO NOTHING, I'M GOING TO FIGHT AND BE HERE FOR A LONG-LONG TIME! ;D

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #833 on: August 26, 2014, 08:42:29 AM »
Thanks Frankie! With JoAnn every step of the way and will pray for her!

Safe Travels to Clay whenever he will fly to CA!

mimi

• Enthusiastic
« Reply #834 on: August 26, 2014, 12:00:36 PM »
Got my CLAY FOR NORTH CAROLINA  tee shirt today in the mail. Very soft,and is very nice. Perfect for a Gala sleep shirt. :laugh:

Barbara~ Did you receive your signed book ,that you won for the first Gold Circle raffle ?  Two of the gals,(from the CV) who had won the raffle previously,got theirs yesterday.

27 days,and counting.  ;D

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #835 on: August 26, 2014, 12:20:42 PM »
Hope I can get my shirt this week.

WilsonClaymate

• Enthusiastic
  • The way you make me feel
« Reply #836 on: August 26, 2014, 09:36:00 PM »
Yes, I got my book and poster the week after the drawing.  The girl that contacted me was so sweet.  I'm looking forward to the Gala also but I have mixed feelings about it, but one thing is for sure, I am looking forward to seeing lots of friends.

I am also looking forward to joining my brother and his whole family on the Outer Banks next week.  I haven't seen him in over a year and I need a rest.
"For me he's not a hobby, he's not an obsession, he's a joy, something that makes me happy..."    ~cc777

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #837 on: August 31, 2014, 11:21:29 AM »
Omigosh- FIVE days since someone posted!! I miss Sunny, Quyn, Mickey, Gwenn- ALL of you. Sorry if I didn't name all. I wish we did not drift apart- it makes me so sad.

I was hoping that I would see some of you this month, if not at the Gala, then at lunch or dinner or breakfast.

Barb-have fun with your brother and his family next week!!

LOVE CLAY

• Admirer
« Reply #838 on: August 31, 2014, 08:29:33 PM »

MARILYN  I MISS ALL THE POSTS ALSO.  SUNNY I MISS YOU AND GLORY  GWENN YOU WILL ALWAYS HOLD A VERY

IMPORTANT PLACE ON THIS CLAY SITE. THANK YOU FOR THAT.

Rosemary

wisconsinmaniac

• Claymaniac
  • Filling Every Empty Space With Clay
« Reply #839 on: August 31, 2014, 10:47:40 PM »
ROSEMARY -  I feel exactly like you do!!!!!  Thanks for saying it "out loud".   

Sometimes I feel like part of the non-posting problem, but I miss everybody who made this site their home. 

Group Hug,

Barbara   (the one from Wisconsin)

ClayManiacs.com  |  Got Clay?  |  Clay Daily  |  Criticial Mass #45 - Main Clay Discussion Thread

gfxgfx
gfx