gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229533 Posts in 2574 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay March 29, 2024, 10:20:35 AM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Got Clay?  |  Clay Daily  |  Criticial Mass #45 - Main Clay Discussion Thread
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Criticial Mass #45 - Main Clay Discussion Thread  (Read 148269 times)

WilsonClaymate

• Enthusiastic
  • The way you make me feel
Re: Criticial Mass #45 - Main Clay Discussion Thread
« Reply #1125 on: April 22, 2015, 10:32:50 PM »
THANK YOU FOR ALL THE CARDS, PHONE CALLS AND GOOD WISHES I HAVE RECEIVED.  THEY REALLY HELPED ME THROUGH A ROUGH TIME.

Most of you know that I broke my left arm in four places back in January (I am left handed). It was a week and a half before I could see the doctor and with e-rays and CT scans he decided surgery was the only option I had and scheduled it for the first of March.  Because of the terrible weather we had with ice and snow things got delayed several times.  By then Workers Comp. decided they wanted a second opinion.  The doctor they wanted me to see is in Raleigh so we had to wait until he could work me in.  Since the doctor here had never mentioned Physical Therapy, he wanted me to try it.  He scheduled it in Wilson and my six weeks of PT was over Tuesday.  My son took me back to Raleigh today to see how I was doing and after new e-rays, etc. the doctor came in the room.  He came in with new e-rays and asked me to raise my arm as much as I could.  I don't know who had the biggest smile--me, my son or the doctor.  He said he was not expecting that and since it was going so well, he wants me to take 6 more weeks of PT and he thinks I will be to the point I would be if I had had surgery, so it may not be necessary.  The main problem with the surgery the first doctor wanted is that it is extremely painful and has a long recovery time and the recovery level is about 80-85%.  The doctor today said I am almost to that point now.

I want to thank Marlene for keeping me up-to-date here.  She called me about JoAnn's passing and I really was sorry to hear that.  I am so glad we got to spend some time with her at last year's Gala and thanks to Prissy, I have a lot of good pictures.  Marlene also kept me advised on this year's Gala, trying to keep this site going (thanks Marlene and Michelle) and various things Clay is up to.  I have been watching "The Runner" and have watched the TV appearance with Bill Maher.  I think he is making good impressions and I will be interested to see what will happen after "The Runner" is over.

This is getting too long (I guess I'm trying to make up for all the time I have missed at one time).  Even though I wasn't here, I was thinking about you but I just had no energy to do anything.  I hope that since spring is here and my good news today that I will have a little more energy and ambition.

THANKS AGAIN TO ALL
"For me he's not a hobby, he's not an obsession, he's a joy, something that makes me happy..."    ~cc777

wisconsinmaniac

• Claymaniac
  • Filling Every Empty Space With Clay
« Reply #1126 on: April 22, 2015, 11:11:14 PM »
BARBARA -  Thanks for the update on your ordeal!!  So glad that things FINALLY turned out so well!!!  I was so looking forward to being with you, Marlene, and Marilyn at the Gala . . . . . .just cannot do it this year because of a conflict with our hospital Bistro - of which I am so very involved!! I actually shed some tears, because the Gala has been so special to me.  Always have had a great time with you guys (and Clay).

Take care!! 

mimi

• Enthusiastic
« Reply #1127 on: April 23, 2015, 04:49:56 PM »
MY GOODNESS !two posts here in one day. That's different. :)

Barbara It was good seeing you and Barb posting. Your news was so good to hear. I'm glad your PT is working so well. I know you must feel very happy...sure glad you got that second opinion.

Barb~ It will not seem the same with you not being at the Gala this year. I am sorry you won't be able to go.

It is a beautiful day in Raleigh, but the pollen is HORRIBLE. You would think after all the rain we have had that it would have helped settle the pollen down, but all it seemed to do was stir it up.

If any of you have been watching The Runner-Up, the last episode just made me want to give Clay a big hug after all the things he had to endure. Only one more episode to go.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Forgive your enemies...it messes with their head.

wisconsinmaniac

• Claymaniac
  • Filling Every Empty Space With Clay
« Reply #1128 on: April 23, 2015, 07:54:08 PM »
MIMI - Thanks . . . .

Loving the Runner-Up.  It is an eye-opener regarding $$$$$$ and having the best candidate win.  Felt so bad when people would not even let him speak to them.  As we know, he is tougher than most people would ever expect!  I really do believe that he has earned a great deal of respect!!  So surprised that so many folks from N.C. don't know him other than a gay previous Idol contestant.  He has been so true to Raliegh and the whole state.  Hope somebody influential will see his potential and help his career - both political and entertainment.  He is too bright and too talented to be silenced. 

WilsonClaymate

• Enthusiastic
« Reply #1129 on: April 26, 2015, 09:20:38 AM »
Very good post, Barb.  I agree with you that after watching "The Runner Up" this week, I don't feel like Clay had as much of a chance of wining the race as was shown during the campaign.  That said, I hope "The Runner Up" is showing him in another light and people in general will see what kind of person he is.  I am hoping when the last show of "The Runner Up" is over, things will look up for Clay and his career will take off.  He sure does deserve it!!
"For me he's not a hobby, he's not an obsession, he's a joy, something that makes me happy..."    ~cc777

mimi

• Enthusiastic
« Reply #1130 on: May 04, 2015, 08:36:24 AM »
For those of you who do not read at the OCD thread, Glory fell on Saturday and fractured her wrist. She is in a great deal of pain, and will be in a cast for six weeks. I'm sure she would appreciate your prayers for her. The one good thing is that her son Tim is close by ,and will be able to help her. He is going to set up his office in her basement so he will be near if she needs help during the day.

Thank goodness ,we are finally having sunshine,and warmer temps in Raleigh. It is suppose to be in the 80s most of this week. Hopefully the ground will dry out so DH can get the garden planted.

Hope this fines you all well,and that you have a great new week.

WilsonClaymate

• Enthusiastic
« Reply #1131 on: May 07, 2015, 08:48:19 PM »
Glory -- so sorry to hear about your fall.  I can certainly sympathize with you and hope everything will heal very soon.  Most of this year has been taken up by my fall and trying to get back to normal.  Must be something in a son's name of Tim.  My Tim has been here whenever I need him and still goes to each doctor's appointment with me and it seems like your son is going to do the same for you. 

You will be in my prayers and you have my wish for a speedy recover.  Take care of yourself.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #1132 on: May 09, 2015, 11:35:53 AM »
Glory- I hope you recover quickly. It must be so painful. 
I am glad your family is close to help you out, but it is still a horrible thing to happen. Please take care
ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

mimi

• Enthusiastic
« Reply #1133 on: May 11, 2015, 09:29:15 AM »
ET online & Variety announced this morning that next season will be the last for AI. Not to much of a surprise, since viewers have dropped off big time. The last  time I watched was when Clay was invited back to perform. It is reported that the last season will preview some of the many contestants over the past years .Hopefully they will include Clay

Lots of rain in Raleigh ,thanks to remnants of storm Ana.

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #1134 on: May 11, 2015, 04:21:10 PM »
ClayAiken.com is up and running! Love everything about it and gorgeous pics!  ;D :P

glory

• Claymaniac
« Reply #1135 on: May 12, 2015, 07:47:51 PM »

HI BEEN A WHILE SINCE I HAVE BEEN HERE. :-* I WAS TO HAVE SURGERY LAST WEEK BUT MY B/P WAS VERY VERY HIGH, SO THEY CANCELLED IT TIL I COULD GET IT DOWN WELL IT CAME DOWN  70 PTS SO MY SURGERY WILL BE THIS THURSDAY, I HAVE BEEN WEARING A  SPLINT  VERY VERY PAINFUL , THANK YOU MIMI FOR TELLING FOLKS ABOUT ME, HAS ANYBODY HEARD FROM GWENN, OR SUNNY. MARION AND THE OTHERS MAKES ME SAD WE KEEP LOSING FRIENDS

TAKE CARE I LOVE ALL OF YOU.

LOVE CLAY

• Admirer
« Reply #1136 on: May 12, 2015, 08:39:14 PM »

GLORY SO SORRY YOU HAVE TO HAVE SURGERY ON THURSDAY  PLEASE LET US KNOW HOW YOU ARE

Rosemary

LOVE CLAY

• Admirer
« Reply #1137 on: May 12, 2015, 08:43:29 PM »
WILSONCLAYMATE  I AM SO GLAD YOU ARE DOING BETTER

Rosemary

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #1138 on: May 13, 2015, 04:31:55 PM »
Will pray for you tomorrow Glory!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #1139 on: May 16, 2015, 10:40:58 AM »
Wishing good health to Glory.

If you do not hear from me, I am going with my sister to Arizona to visit my brother. Leaving in about an hour and will return May 25th- I have asked Tiffany if she will do news. Hope there is some!!

Take care folks!!

Marilyn
ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

ClayManiacs.com  |  Got Clay?  |  Clay Daily  |  Criticial Mass #45 - Main Clay Discussion Thread

gfxgfx
gfx