gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229515 Posts in 2574 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay March 28, 2024, 08:47:57 AM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Got Clay?  |  Clay Daily  |  CLAY BACK ON AMERICAN IDOL 4/18/13
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: CLAY BACK ON AMERICAN IDOL 4/18/13  (Read 25636 times)

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
Re: CLAY BACK ON AMERICAN IDOL 4/18/13
« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2013, 09:04:16 PM »
Loved the intro too. Was hoping they would show the audition. The only thing I didn't like was Ryan saying he wished Ruben was there.  :P

Sundancer

• Claymaniac
  • Goddess of Snark
« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2013, 09:06:35 PM »
Did the judges talk to Fantasia at all?
To look at me, you may be wrong. I've been through this--it made me strong.
I believed that I would find an open door or a light to lead me to the other side.

woodstock854

• Claymaniac
« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2013, 09:12:12 PM »
Did the judges talk to Fantasia at all?

Nope!
It is nice to be important, but it is more important to be nice.  - John Cassis

mrs. c.

• Claymaniac
  • Clay's Buttercup
« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2013, 09:13:22 PM »
Loved the intro too. Was hoping they would show the audition. The only thing I didn't like was Ryan saying he wished Ruben was there.  :P

Figured that would happen ::) At least there was no reference to "spaghetti and meatballs"
Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio

mii

• Claymaniac
« Reply #49 on: April 18, 2013, 09:15:20 PM »
Tiff ~ I think Ryan said he "missed" Ruben.  I didn't think it was a dis, just referring to how they were thought of as a team of friendly rivals.  That's just my take on it.  He just had to come up with something cutesy.

LOL, I forgot about spaghetti and meatballs.  That would have tickled me.

mrs. c.

• Claymaniac
  • Clay's Buttercup
« Reply #50 on: April 18, 2013, 09:17:05 PM »
So is Fanny a diva?
Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!

mrs. c.

• Claymaniac
  • Clay's Buttercup
« Reply #51 on: April 18, 2013, 09:18:10 PM »
Woody, this was a great idea, thanks for getting us together ;D

woodstock854

• Claymaniac
« Reply #52 on: April 18, 2013, 09:28:48 PM »
So is Fanny a diva?

I say YES, with a capitol D!!!
It is nice to be important, but it is more important to be nice.  - John Cassis

mii

• Claymaniac
« Reply #53 on: April 18, 2013, 09:40:05 PM »
Fanny is a diva's diva.  Have you looked at the video of that song?  She's dressed like a flapper.  And what was with the 2 moles?  I don't remember her having any moles.  I think she painted those on.

Yes Woody, thanks for making this thread.  I've been wondering why we don't have an American Idol thread.

karen28

• Claymaniac
« Reply #54 on: April 18, 2013, 09:47:12 PM »
So nice to see Clay again, and be excited to see him perform!  I was bummed that Mariah just gave the tiniest of standing o's, (barely stood up before sitting down again),after Randy scolded!  But Nicki, Keith and Randy were very enthusiastic!  :D

I also thought Fantasia was pretty good for the first part of her song.  When she started screeching toward the end, I tuned out.

Didn't love Clay's hair tonight, but a very minor thing.  It was great that he and Idol have put aside their feud, and he was able to entertain us once again! 
 I LOVE AND SUPPORT CLAY ~ FOREVER AND UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

fhmmany2

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #55 on: April 18, 2013, 09:58:46 PM »
He looked great and sounded fantastic - one song was not enough!  :) Love BOTW, but it would have been wonderful to hear something new.  Fantasia is still screaming, I see - irritating that she got such good response. I know - I'm mean. I would have turned the show off after Clay sang, but I was hoping that they would at least talk to him again. My family - every time that Clay is on TV, they all think they have to call me and tell me he is on (as if I would not know).  ::)

mrs. c.

• Claymaniac
  • Clay's Buttercup
« Reply #56 on: April 18, 2013, 10:16:55 PM »
My family - every time that Clay is on TV, they all think they have to call me and tell me he is on (as if I would not know).  ::)

Frankie one of my aunts called in the middle of his song~~I didn't answer :o I called her after ::)

curious1

• Admirer
« Reply #57 on: April 18, 2013, 10:52:05 PM »
Love BOTW, but it would have been wonderful to hear something new. 

Hey Frankie! I totally agree. I wondered if AI asked him to sing that or if he chose it to go along with his UNICEF/inclusion intro. Was hoping for a Clay original song instead of the cover but atleast he was on the show and sounded good.  ;)
Ang (f/k/a Clandy)

ClayHeart

« Reply #58 on: April 18, 2013, 10:58:10 PM »
I'm embarrassed to say I didn't even know Clay was going to be on AI tonight. :-[

I also wanted to ask who the man was that was in the two pictures with Clay on page 1 of this thread.  Embarrassed again that I should know that.  Friend???

Well, it's late and I want to catch up on the OCD.  Good night to all.
Fan of Clay from the very beginning!

Thea

« Reply #59 on: April 18, 2013, 11:25:05 PM »
First of all,  a big thanks to WOODSTOCK for starting this AI thread.  It brings back a lot of good memories of watching AI, critiquing the contestants and forging friendships that have, for me, spanned over a decade.

Clay was so cool, composed and in control during his performance and in the brief "reunion" with Seacrest.  I agree with whoever said that his backup singers weren't too impressive was right!  His performance was, as always in a class of its own.  In fact,  I think they should "retire" BOTW on American Idol.  Hearing other contestants sing this song is a joke compared to Clay!

Tonight was just another reminder to me of why I have stuck around here all of these years.   ;D  Thanks to all of you who continue to be such an important part of my life!

ClayManiacs.com  |  Got Clay?  |  Clay Daily  |  CLAY BACK ON AMERICAN IDOL 4/18/13

gfxgfx
gfx