gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229513 Posts in 2574 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay March 28, 2024, 08:28:54 AM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  JNT 2012  |  12/18/12-BEAVER CREEK, CO-VILLAR PERFORMING ARTS CENTER
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 12/18/12-BEAVER CREEK, CO-VILLAR PERFORMING ARTS CENTER  (Read 17087 times)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
12/18/12-BEAVER CREEK, CO-VILLAR PERFORMING ARTS CENTER
« on: October 16, 2012, 09:18:19 PM »
December 18th, 2012 Vilar Performing Arts Center -Beaver Creek, CO.

Venue: Vilar Performing Arts Center
Time: 7:30PM
Tickets: Tickets go on sale:  Monday, November 12   12:00am mst
Tickets sold thru website:   https://www.vilarpac.org
Box Office:   970-845-8497  or  888-920-2787  Hours:   Mon thru Sat  11:00am - 5:00pm mst
Venue website: https://www.vilarpac.org
Venue Capacity: 530
Address: 68 Avondale Lane
Phone: 970-845-8497  or  888-920-2787
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 12:13:05 AM by Marilyn »
ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
Re: 12/18/12-BEAVER CREEK, CO-VILLAR PERFORMING ARTS CENTER
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 08:32:31 AM »
Totally random thought but I wonder if Clay can ski. Lol This resort looks so nice.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2012, 10:09:49 AM »
A little nervous about weather reports in the mountains. Glad he has an extra day to travel.

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2012, 10:11:49 AM »
Wow! 1st time to worry about snow. Been very lucky. Maybe he could fly there but if not hope they will be careful. Everyone else traveling too.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2012, 03:14:26 PM »
Next show in Colorado, right? I just heard that there are winter storm warnings in the mountains. Wish it would have held off for another week or so. Hope Clay and the team has safe travels to the next three shows and great audiences.[/qupte]

THe weater forecast is not good at all. Everyone going to this show please be careful. I'm glad Clay has the next day off so they can wait a bit before having to travel to the next city.

* SNOW ACCUMULATION... POTENTIALLY 10 TO 20 INCHES WITH LOCAL AMOUNTS REACHING 30 INCHES ON SOUTHWEST TO WEST FACING ASPECTS ABOVE 9000 FEET.

* WINDS... WEST 20 TO 30 MPH WITH GUSTS AS HIGH AS 50 MPH OVER MOUNTAIN RIDGES AND EXPOSED AREAS.

* VISIBILITY... LESS THAN 1 MILE IN SNOW... BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW WITH WHITEOUT CONDITIONS AT TIMES OVER MOUNTAIN PASSES AND EXPOSED AREAS

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2012, 03:28:23 PM »
Yikes! Just hope he is there already.

mimi

• Enthusiastic
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2012, 05:05:25 PM »
Marilyn & Tiffany~ I don't think the weather in some places in AZ is much better. We had all been lucky so far. Hope that Clay and everyone on the bus makes it to COLO safely. To those traveling to the concert safe travels to you too.

See you tomorrow night.
Forgive your enemies...it messes with their head.

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2012, 08:34:55 PM »
Agreed Marlene.

Scarlett took a pic. Really pretty.

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2012, 10:44:36 AM »
I asked her if the bus was there yet and she just liked my post? ::) Didn't answer my question. Hate when people don't respond to my questions. If there had a problem getting there I'm sure we will hearing about it but still hope they are safe.

Anyway I think the concert will start at 9:30 is my guess.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 11:00:24 AM by Tiffany »

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2012, 11:06:11 AM »
Someone will sing with Clay tonight.
The Vilar Performing Arts Center in Beaver Creek is embracing the spirit of American Idol in honor of its Tuesday, Dec. 18 performance — Clay Aiken’s Joyful Noise Tour. 

Students in the Vail Valley, with the help of a parent, are invited to submit YouTube videos of themselves singing their favorite song by no later than noon mountain time on Monday, Dec. 17.

The VPAC will then let the public decide who gets to sing on stage with Clay Aiken, by tallying the views for each video. Entrants should submit their YouTube links via email to kpeters@vvf.org. Videos will then be added to a playlist on the Vail Valley Foundation’s YouTube account, where the public can view the videos to vote. Voting and viewing will take place here: http://bit.ly/VPAC. The winner will be announced at 5 PM MST on December 17.

“Cultural education is tied to everything that we do at the VPAC, so this contest seemed like a natural extension of our youth programs like First Notes and STARS, said Kris Sabel, Executive Director of the VPAC. “I know from witnessing some of our community performances that we have some talented students in this Valley, and we look forward to seeing the submissions come in. Mr. Aiken is extremely involved in philanthropic youth initiatives as well, and I know he’ll be excited to invite our winner on stage.”

Clay Aiken first gained national attention on the second season of American Idol in 2003, and has evolved into a versatile and beloved popular entertainer, with five well-received albums released that sold more than 6 million units as of 2011.One such album,“Merry Christmas with Love,”stands as the fastest selling Christmas album in history.

Throughout his career, Aiken has continuously been a supportive activist on behalf of children. As he has often explained, “My music career has allowed me to do the same thing I was doing before—work with kids. It has just given me a bigger stage, so I can enact change on a grander scale.” Clay has been an ambassador for UNICEF since 2004; the same year he started the National Inclusion Project with co-founder Diane Bubel. National Inclusion Project supports the integration of children with disabilities into the same environments as their non-disabled peers.

VPAC audience members can expect to hear some of their holiday favorites on Tuesday night from famed tenor Clay Aiken, along with some of his own work and of course, his beloved renditions of the classics. The performance starts at 7:30 pm. Tickets are $78, and will be offered at a special rate for students participating in the “Win a Chance to Sing On-Stage with Clay” contest. Participating families should contact the VPAC box office at 970-845-TIXS to redeem this special offer. In addition, the winner will receive two free tickets to attend the performance with their parent. 

Tickets for Clay Aiken’s Joyful Noise Tour and all other performances in the VPAC’s Winter Series are on sale now and available online at vilarpac.org, by phone at 970.845.TIXS or in person at the VPAC Box Office in Beaver Creek.

The Vilar Performing Arts Center is a project of the Vail Valley Foundation. For more information on the Vail Valley Foundation, visit www.vvf.org.

By RealVail
December 12, 2012

mimi

• Enthusiastic
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2012, 02:29:41 PM »
That sounds very interesting Tiffany.

I will probably not be able to check in tonight until late. DH& I are going to dinner with our family to celebrate our GD, Kenidee 's 12 th B/D

BBL

Marlene
Forgive your enemies...it messes with their head.

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2012, 03:04:25 PM »
Understand Marlene. Have a good time and Happy Birthday to her.

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2012, 07:02:13 PM »
Expecting 4 to 6 inches of snow over night. I checked my weather channel app. Later tomorrow will just be snow showers. Really cold there too. Going to take a short nap. I will try to be here on time if not a little after.

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2012, 08:53:00 PM »
The bus is there. Yeah!! Zippy will be there. Love her pics. Have a friend on facebook that won a Meet and Greet for the 1st time.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2012, 09:05:41 PM »
Nickiwiwi posted a pretty pic on CV, have to find it.

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  JNT 2012  |  12/18/12-BEAVER CREEK, CO-VILLAR PERFORMING ARTS CENTER

gfxgfx
gfx