gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229512 Posts in 2574 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay March 28, 2024, 07:30:05 AM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  JNT 2012  |  11/27/12-LAKELAND, FL-POLK THEATRE
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 11/27/12-LAKELAND, FL-POLK THEATRE  (Read 51015 times)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
Re: 11/27/12-LAKELAND, FL-POLK THEATRE
« Reply #75 on: November 27, 2012, 10:34:16 PM »
he was telling the story of the fan coming from Tokyo, Japan for the first night's show (I don't recall all the details - had trouble understanding some of the banter), and she was only attending that one show. He said he'd give her a ticket to the next show if she wanted to go. She said she couldn't because she didn't have a way to get there. He's also been doing a little schitck through here about crazy fans. He said he saw the fan at the show the next night and found out some fans sought her out after the show the prior night to offer a ride and lodging too (I think - check the cellcert recording!) He brought that around to that's just the kind of people these crazy folks are, and they've done things like this to help someone out for 10 years now. This is definitely paraphrased and it is well worth listening to the cellcert recording DMom was making. It was so sweet! It just felt like the greatest compliment and acknowledgement that the fandom is very special and he knows it. Makes me tear up thinking about it!
ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #76 on: November 27, 2012, 10:37:31 PM »
That makes my heart melt. Just goes to show you he so knows what kind of fans we really are and not just crazy.

Night Everyone. I thought so too Marlene. Reminder no concert tomorrow. Next stop Clay's hometown.  ;D

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #77 on: November 28, 2012, 12:47:50 AM »
Nice tweet from the Polk Theatre:

Polk Theatre Inc ?@PolkTheatre
Great show tonight! Clay Aiken really delivered. It looked beautiful too! Thank you to all the remarkable staff, technical crew and volunteers for making it go so smoothy. And of course, as usual, we couldn't have it without you, our fabulous patrons! Thank you for joining us!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #78 on: November 28, 2012, 12:51:49 AM »

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #79 on: November 28, 2012, 12:52:30 AM »

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #80 on: November 28, 2012, 12:52:57 AM »

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #81 on: November 28, 2012, 12:54:14 AM »
THE LADY WHO WAS TRYING TO PRONOUNCE THE DRUMMERS NAME

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #82 on: November 28, 2012, 01:38:01 AM »
RECAP FROM THE LADY ABOVE:

(idlefan')The Polk theater is an old movie house that was renovated several years ago. They kept all the funky Aladdinesque details and a particularly gorgeous night sky ceiling oth twinkling stars...a neat old place. There is an orchestra pit that was covered tonight and Clay was not happy being so far from his women, so he kept coming down across the edge in front of the speakers to see and chat with us. My sister and I were right at the bottom of the steps and he kept looking right at us. I know. Everyone thinks he's looking at them but he would not let me go tonight. First he wanted me to sing the carol. "Don't you know any Christmas carols?" Naturally, I had been mouthing the words to every damn song he sang, but I said "no". When he pressed me, I admitted I know them all but I don't sing a note...but my sister does! Then she chickened out too. Good thing, because that guy who got up there belted that sucker outta the park. So when time comes to say Joes name, he came right back to me like a homing pigeon. This time I couldn't get out of it so I walked up there and gave it a lame shot. My smart ass little sister called out to him that I had written one of those stories and he asked me which one. When I told him "the grandfather and ice skates and a frozen pond" he remembered and said "you read it, too, where?" And this was when I froze... New Jersey? PA? It was Morristown but I didn't remember until I sat down. He laughed that it must have made a big impression on me if I couldn't remember but my sweet sister said "she's one of the crazies, she's been to so many she gets them confused." Thanks sis. Really , thanks sis, for going with me tonight and getting us such great seats and being such a sweetheart. I love my sisters even more than I love Clay Aiken, and that's saying a lot!

BTW I'm typing on my iPad so please forgive the typos and lack of editing. I'm also still under the influence...

My sister knows just about everyone in Lakeland ( not a big town!) and she recognized several people there. When Clay asked who was actually from Lakeland, the applause would make me think more NJU than US tonight. How the hell did that happen? They were all very enthusiastic. Someone even mentioned they were there because of CAP. It's a Christmas miracle!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #83 on: November 28, 2012, 08:59:55 AM »
2old4clay at CV

Good morning all...will attempt a little recap of my amazing adventures with Clay. As mentioned before I won the ebay auction for Lakeland, and decided to ask my son to share it with me. It worked out well as I needed a ride anyway from home to Lakeland to meet up with travel friends. The other night in Sarasota, I was the one who drove Lucia (Brazil) and kyoko from Japan over to the M&G since Clay had asked Lucia to be there in addition to the winners. The tour manager let us all go in, but kyoko and I sat a few seats away from the rest of the group as we didn't belong with them. When Clay came up to do the M&G he came up our side of the theatre and saw me and said hello. He then said 'we put your story in the show', and I said noooo, not my story. He responded 'that's right...I had it in the show and then pulled it because it didn't fit. Then he asked me if I wanted to read my story at one of the concerts, so I told him I would be with him through Staten Island, and that I had won the M&G for Lakeland and Mike and I would be there. He said that's great, we will do it in Lakeland, but I want you to record it... so stay after this is over and Ben will record you and will use it in Lakeland. So that is what we did, me, Lucia and kyoko were allowed to stay for the rest of the sound check (Clay was not there) until Ben was ready. We had quite a lot of fun waiting around as Mariah took us through the venue and downstairs into the Green Room, where they had the food services. We were there a short time and then they took us into another room with Ben and he set up the laptop for recording. Clay told Mariah (tour manager) to go out to the bus and get the story book for me to read from. I was a bit nervous, but it was a heck of a lot easier than the first time on stage. When I was finished, we were led out, and stopped by to say good bye and thanks to Clay.

When today came we went to our M&G, and he did his usual introduction to all and signed whatever anyone brought. When he was talking to Mike I heard my recording...the part about him moving to Florida..as the band was working on the timing of bringing the story into the song. I looked up at Clay and he looked at me and proceeded to tell the sound man to stop what was on. Mike had no clue what was going on. I never told him about the reading, because what if Clay decided it still didn't fit, and I did want him to be surprised. It was a wonderful moment for the both of us, Mike was really touched and for a minute the 3 of us had a special moment, as I could see that Clay was looking at us while he sang Merry Christmas With Love. The other personal touch that meant the world to me...was the song MCWL, since my husband died Christmas Day, the first time I heard Clay sing that song was on 12/2 in Merrillville in '06...I felt a connection to it right away, so tonight was made so very special to me in more ways than I can ever explain.

During the picture taking, we took a picture of the 3 of us, then he asked if we wanted individual ones, and I said that would be nice if it was ok with him.
When he took the picture with Mike, he said 'this one is for the refrigerator'.

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #85 on: November 28, 2012, 09:59:25 PM »
Pre-"Don't Save It All For Christmas Day" Fan Shout Out Banter, Lakeland by Scarlett (You Tube)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIjrnTtzV4c...eature=youtu.be

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #86 on: November 28, 2012, 10:00:11 PM »

Exquisite performance......Clay's love really shines through in this one.

Scarlett You Tube links for Lakeland:

"All Year Long," Lakeland

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yi3a9BFPrg

"My Grown Up Christmas List," Lakeland

Another heart-filled performance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJAKrAWQNUc

"Don't Save It All For Christmas Day," Lakeland

Longest held note for "Don't Save It All For Christmas Day" ??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3UAhcwf4A4

2Old4Clay Christmas Story Banter, Lakeland

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YoJliUxcX8

"Merry Christmas With Love," Lakeland

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ul5jkkfF-MM...eature=youtu.be

"What Are You Doing New Year's Eve," Lakeland

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=playe...p;v=LnljOWsaX30

Links can travel.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #87 on: November 28, 2012, 10:01:49 PM »
WANDACLEO AT CV

i was sitting beside a NJU couple last night and I asked them after the show if they enjoyed it and they both said how wonderful it was. Made me happy. O come o come Emmanuel was especially beautiful. Clay must be feeling well now. He looks more energetic and said he walked a mile and a half to find lunch on Monday after Ben and joe left him to go to Epcot. Said he lost 15pounds from sweating because all he had to wear were sweats as he didn't come with clothes for the heat.

He also complained that he was roasting on stage, and I was roasting in the audience, so I could relate

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #88 on: November 28, 2012, 10:13:14 PM »
MORE FROM 2OLD4CLAY, WHO'S STORY WAS READ:

Mike was very surprised, I didn't tell him what might happen, and I was concerned that he would be zoned out with the Christmas music and wouldn't catch the story. I was prepared to nudge him a bit and say something. But as soon as the opening line was read he knew and he said..'I don't believe this'. He had not really heard my story before but I let him read it when it won the contest. He then said 'I'm embarrassed, but I just said no reason to be. I knew he was getting emotional and fighting back tears, half way through he grabbed my hand, and we held hands through MCWL. Then the acknowledgement afterwards by Clay touched him deeply. I explained to him that I did not request the story to be read and told him the backstory. Afterwards he still was very touched by the entire evening...he said the concert was amazing. He laughed a lot at all of Clay's banter. During the M&G Clay talked to him about being dragged there, and he told him he had been at other concerts, and Clay wanted to know which ones he saw. It was nice that Mike was also able to meet all my travel friends in addition to Lucia who had come to my house on Thanksgiving Day.

I have already received the 3 pictures they took, but Clay's eyes are white dots, so I need to see if they did something to them. When I get them fixed I can post.

Can't make post 'red' due to ipad ...still learning this thing. On our way to Durham now

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #89 on: November 28, 2012, 11:02:49 PM »
CINDYANNEF AT CV

I love being able to sit back and see all the changes in each show, and the different interaction Clay has had with the fans in each city. I'm also glad that he's feeling much better. WHAT A MAN!!! There's not many entertainer's out there these days, that would have gone on with the tour while suffering from the flu.

From what I've seen so far....I think he's gained a lot of new fans with this tour. I think in a way, Capp really did help a lot people see another side of Clay. Hopefully now they'll all be able to now see the things we've all loved about him from day one, as well.

I didn't do a recap from my time spent at the Clearwater concert, because Kim already did it for the both of us. As far as I'm concerned...she probably said it much better than I would have anyhow. We did get meet up with a lot other fans that we've met over the last few years, which is always great! I know I was very impressed by the number of people at Clearwater, that had never been to one of his concerts before. If I had to make a wild guess: I'd probably have to say it was almost closeto 60% of the audience. Almost everyone in the NJU group we were around after the show, just raved about him over and over again. And some of them even asked some of the fans where his next concert was, and where they could get their hands on his CD.

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  JNT 2012  |  11/27/12-LAKELAND, FL-POLK THEATRE

gfxgfx
gfx