gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229512 Posts in 2574 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay March 28, 2024, 07:28:07 AM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  JNT 2012  |  12/6/2012-STAMFORD, CT-PALACE THEATRE
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 12/6/2012-STAMFORD, CT-PALACE THEATRE  (Read 32045 times)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
Re: 12/6/2012-STAMFORD, CT-PALACE THEATRE
« Reply #135 on: December 16, 2012, 03:11:13 AM »
claysrchampion@CB

The woman from the audience (Barbara?) was very sweet. When Clay first called her up to the stage he asked her what can you see with your binoculars from there (she was sitting on the aisle in the center section about 5 or 6 rows from the stage. She answered "Everything." Clay opened the button on his suit jacket and opened his jacket a little and then turned his back to the audience with everyone laughing. Then she said "Clay--Don't save it all for Christmas Day!" Barbara is retired and had worked for Verizon setting up their 911 system. She had a "bedazzling" flip cell phone all studded with "diamonds". I'll try to add more later. I was at the show with DH and DD and we all had a great time-- Clay looked terrific -- very happy and he sang great.

At the start of the concert Clay came out on stage in front of the closed curtain and just stood at the microphone stand -- waiting for something. After a while we walked off stage and then came back holding a portable cassette tape player which he turned on so he was able to sing along with the background music presumably from the tape player. Then the curtain opened, revealing the orchestra, although OMC was happy that he had the tape player so he didn't have to sing acapella. (As if that beautiful sound came out of his crummy tape player!!) That's why he said "Whew!"

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #136 on: December 18, 2012, 01:16:51 AM »
"Hark The Herald Angels Sing/Oh Come All Ye Faithful."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7nD7dmm0ls

Opening Show Banter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fiWG2BhkJI

"My Grown Up Christmas List."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h26bd4sj5hE

"All Year Long."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmI_mzyxwF8

Pre-"Don't Save It All For Christmas Day" Banter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmNVppax9nE

"Don't Save It All For Christmas Day."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRKmH9EqpKA

All Scarlett links can travel.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #137 on: December 19, 2012, 03:20:11 AM »
CORABETH AT CH

We went to Stamford last night. Here is what I posted at ConClayve when we got home.

I'm on the iPad and very tired so I can't really type a full recap. I'll try bullets. But first, let me extend my prayers to Jen's family.

*He was in great voice, notes that used to make me worry were effortless. Best singer out there, hands down.

*Cynicalone named the hair perfectly. First we said it was bi sexual hair and then she said it was like watching Victor/Victoria. Right profile was beautiful guy, left profile was Suze. I am sitting in front row table way over to his left in Boston. I hope he trims it or combs it back. He is bringing too much over to the side and it looks like a weird Sideways Trump! Great color though

*Way too many shouters looking for attention. The man is naturally funny, let it happen organically. It was pretty rude to him and the rest of the audience in some cases.

*I thought the raising the curtain at the first big All Is Well note was very effective. It just felt like star power to me.

*The stage was small and I thought for sure he was going to trip over speaker wires more than once!

*Funniest line of the night "who the hell are you?

*Barbara on stage was very funny, although he let the bit go on too long. I laughed out loud when she held her mic to her chest to try to let us hear how fast her heart was beating.

*large applause for the concert newbie question

*the stories....I get what he was trying to do. I bet on paper it looked good. This story fits into this song, etc. it gives him a breather because he sings a lot . But they just don't add anything and they really, really take away from the pacing. The new reader of the first story is actually good at it and the story is read well but too long and too sad. But I think the placement of the second story is the worst. There are a lot of slow songs in this show. A lot. Albeit, Sung beautiful with incredible orchestral arrangements. So, when he finally revs the audience with the jazzy medley, that new energy injected into the audience is then totally shot with the second story. It doesn't matter what the story was about, just having the singer leave the stage to have someone talk to me in the dark was actually kind of annoying. I wanted more of what we just had!

Faye's story? All of us said we could not understand her. She reads it fast and heavy southern accent on top of that was just hard to understand. yanks don't hear Southern well, I suppose.

*A few other staging things he did were subtle but very effective. He turns his body on an angle in that last big horn section of TFN. It was great. He starts IBHFC in a sideways silhouette. Again,a nice touch. People rememberd those things after the show when we gathered outside.

*i had listened to cellcerts but always shut it off before the encore song. Short but a sweet way to end the show.

Perhaps I'll think of more tomorrow but what I remember most was how well he sang.

And if I am ever reincarnated, I want to come back as a cello player in a Clay Aiken orchestra.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #138 on: December 22, 2012, 03:24:28 PM »
MEET AND GREET PIC

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #139 on: December 22, 2012, 03:50:59 PM »
You look beautiful together. ;D But you aren't looking at the camera. LOL

Thea

« Reply #140 on: December 22, 2012, 03:52:23 PM »
Beautiful photo of you and Clay, MARILYN!  I love your hair style (very flattering!) and yes, you do have a "cat that swallowed the canary" look about you!  8)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #141 on: December 22, 2012, 04:25:19 PM »
You look beautiful together. ;D But you aren't looking at the camera. LOL

i KNOW!! The woman taking the picture held her finger up and so I looked at it!! At least I didnt get red eye!!

Thanks Thea!

lovinclay

• Claymaniac
  • Clay Aiken...Character and Integrity Personified!
« Reply #142 on: December 23, 2012, 11:29:12 AM »
Beautiful pic, Marilyn!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #143 on: December 24, 2012, 03:50:42 AM »
Thank you :)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #144 on: December 29, 2012, 02:14:50 PM »

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #145 on: December 29, 2012, 02:15:51 PM »

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #146 on: December 29, 2012, 02:16:32 PM »

Sasha

• Claymaniac
« Reply #147 on: December 30, 2012, 07:30:00 AM »
Marilyn nice picture of you and Clay...   love your hair ....

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  JNT 2012  |  12/6/2012-STAMFORD, CT-PALACE THEATRE

gfxgfx
gfx