gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229521 Posts in 2574 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay March 28, 2024, 05:13:55 PM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Aiken News Network (ANN)  |  2003 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK NOVEMBER 17
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 2003 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK NOVEMBER 17  (Read 1828 times)

fhmmany2

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
2003 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK NOVEMBER 17
« on: March 25, 2010, 11:49:42 AM »

Author  Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK NOVEMBER 17  (Read 2179 times) 

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

AIKEN NEWS NETWORK NOVEMBER 17
« on: November 17, 2003, 08:32:17 AM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If your fingers aren't completely locked up from voting yesterday  :) (but it was worth it, wasn't it?) here's one more for you!  USA Today asks who had the best performance on the AMAs last night.  There were some good ones (and some really bad ones...) but Clay and Ruben and the 17 second glory note surely should win, don't you think?

Edit - Well, never mind on the poll.  It appears the Outkast fans spammed the poll, placing over 50,000 votes for them.  Here are the results:  USA POLL SPAMMED! Cut Clay and Ruben came in second.   :roll:

Thanks!

Report to moderator    Logged 

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2003, 09:31:40 AM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HILARY DUFF, CLAY AIKEN and BRITNEY SPEARS were just a tasty sampling of the crooners and chart-toppers on hand for the 31st annual American Music Awards Sunday night in Los Angeles, and tonight, our own STEVEN COJOCARU and MARIA MENOUNOS are front, back, and center with the stars!

LINK

Be sure and click the link - on the left side of the page is a link to a video (left click) where Clay talks about his date.  Cute!

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2003, 09:39:21 AM »   

Fans Choice: Clay Aiken Wins AMA
WRAL Goes Behind Scenes Of Holiday Special Featuring Aiken
UPDATED: 9:09 a.m. EST November 17, 2003

LOS ANGELES -- Clayniacs around the country are celebrating a big win. The object of their affection, Raleigh's Clay Aiken, was a winner at Sunday's American Music Awards.

The crooner took home the Fan's Choice Award, beating out 50 Cent, Beyonce and others. It was the only award of the night where fans were able to vote online for their favorite singer.

Aiken attended the ceremony with a friend, Amber, on his arm. As for his win, Aiken said it was unexpected.  "I totally expected it to go to Justin Timberlake or to 50 Cent, and when they called my name I was literally completely 100 percent surprised," Aiken told WRAL's Lynda Loveland following the show.

Aiken joked that he was not used to winning as he received his award. He was also nominated for Favorite Male Artist - Pop or Rock, but he lost out in that category to Kid Rock.

WRAL's Lynda Loveland was in Los Angeles for the big night -- as were a group of fans from Raleigh.

"Elation, pure elation," said Michelle Aheron of Raleigh. "We're all so excited and happy for him."  Aiken said he was not very nervous about winning an award; he was more concerned about his performance. He sang his hit "Invisible," then performed a duet with Ruben Studdard.

WRAL was with Aiken as he taped a holiday special with Martin Mull, Ted Danson and others for Nick at Night.  "I was really nervous. This really, as Ruben said, this was our audition for the industry. This was our chance to show them were were more than just contestants on a game show," he said.

With his first major award under his belt, Aiken said he wants to keep it in a place close to his heart. "I kind of feel it might be safest back in Raleigh with my mom," he said. "Maybe I'll sit it right beside me in the Raleigh Christmas Parade when I drive the street. Will that be bad?"

Aiken comes home to Raleigh Saturday to serve as grand marshal of the 59th Annual Raleigh Christmas Parade. It airs live on WRAL beginning at 10 a.m.

Aiken got into the holiday spirit this weekend, taping a special for Nick at Nite that will air Thanksgiving weekend.

"They've gathered together some pretty big musical acts for this thing, so it's pretty neat to be a part of that," he said.

The pop star took a turn at acting alongside Martin Mull, John Schneider and Ted Danson.

"I get to appear with some of the people I grew up watching. I grew up watching Ted Danson. So I'm kind of in the same situation as him he is now -- and his dressing room is the same size as mine,"Aiken said. "I'm a little nervous about the acting gig. I've never really done it before -- so it may be a 50-take thing."

And through the magic of television, Aiken will sing a duet with none other than the king of all crooners -- Bing Crosby.

"They will superimpose him onto the same screen I'm on, so that will be pretty exciting," Aiken said.

Many fans want to know more about the private side of their favorite singer. WRAL's Lynda Loveland will visit Aiken at his new home Monday, and even meet his new dog, Raleigh. Watch for her report Tuesday on WRAL's Morning News.

LINK

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2003, 09:51:01 AM »   

Want to follow Clay's MoaM sales for last week?  Remember, he was #1 on the sales chart for the first two weeks, and he's been in the Top 10 since the release.  He has already sold platinum, but let's see what he's going to do this week!

Go to HITS DAILY DOUBLE to follow the progress. 

*cross fingers everyone!*

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2003, 10:03:06 AM »   

Mediabase numbers for 11/16. 
I am very curious to see if the numbers will go up more significantly after the AMA performances...*crosses fingers*

STATS: CHR/POP
DATE: SUNDAY, 11/16/03
TIME: 12:18 PM PST
SONG: INVISIBLE
Chart_Rank_TW: 22
Chart_Rank_LW: 26
Chart_Spins_TW: 2791
Chart_Spins_LW: 2239
Taking_off_New_spins: 22
Taking_off_New_stations: 1
Jump_Move: +552
Jump_Stations_playing: 122

STATS: AC
DATE: SUNDAY, 11/16/03
TIME: 12:18 PM PST
SONG: INVISIBLE
Chart_Rank_TW: 16
Chart_Rank_LW: 17
Chart_Spins_TW: 937
Chart_Spins_LW: 793
Taking_off_New_spins: 11
Taking_off_New_stations: 1
Jump_Move: +144
Jump_Stations_playing: 90

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2003, 10:21:44 AM »   

Read about Clay at TEENPEOPLE -
basically just a rehash of the magazine article.  There are some pictures though, which I have added to The Photo Album.

(Note - to access site, click on 'newsstand buyer' - access code is ORLANDO.)

thanku_clay
  Re: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK NOVEMBER 17
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2003, 11:18:44 AM »   

Quote from: Pamela
If your fingers aren't completely locked up from voting yesterday  :) (but it was worth it, wasn't it?) here's one more for you!  USA Today asks who had the best performance on the AMAs last night.  There were some good ones (and some really bad ones...) but Clay and Ruben and the 17 second glory note surely should win, don't you think?

VOTE HERE - scroll down to the bottom of the page to vote.

Thanks!

Pamela, I don't see where to vote here. I must be blind. Pleasr help!

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2003, 11:21:36 AM »   

Just struck by a thought.   OUCH!

You might want to watch all the E shows tonight.  You know the ones,Entertainment Tonight, Extra, Inside Edition, E! News Live. 
AccEss Hollywood. 
OK, I had to stretch for that one.

They usually have a red carpet segment as well as a bit about the show itself. 
Might even see Clay!

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2003, 12:18:51 PM »   

Just an FYI for you curious types.  I got my MoaM from NZ today. 
The only difference is that on track listing on the back of the CD,
after 12. Touch, it says BONUS TRACK 13. Bridge Over Troubled Water.

I'm assuming it's the same version that on the single, I haven't opened it yet.

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2003, 01:40:19 PM »   

Have you voted today?  For what it's worth, I'll betcha MTV/TRL thinks that by omitting Invisible from their Top 10 list, we'll give up, stop requesting, and Invisible will become, well, invisible.

Let's not let that happen!  Let's vote!  We'll show them the true measure of a FAN.

VOTE FOR INVISIBLE ON TRL!

Vote online all day!

You can only call in thirty minutes prior to the show.
TRL starts at 5pm EST, so that means you can call from 4:30pm-5pm EST, and then adjust for your time zone.

The phone number is 1-800-DIAL-MTV (1.800.342.5688)
CALL from 4:30pm - 5:00pm (Eastern)
CALL from 3:30pm - 4:00pm (Central)
CALL from 2:30pm - 3:00pm (Mountain)
CALL from  1:30pm - 2:00pm (Pacific)

If voting by name (option "1") enter 2-5-2 (C-L-A)
If voting by video (option "2") enter 4-6-8 (I-N-V)

Remember, everyone is calling at the same time so don't be
discouraged by a busy signal, you will get through!
You can call and vote THREE times PER PHONE LINE/PER DAY!
IMPORTANT:  The first 10 minutes is the easiest time to get through.

Thanks for voting!

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2003, 02:00:39 PM »   

So what do you think?  Would it be worth it to fill out a form for a chance to meet Clay, go to his upcoming headliner concert, and get your picture made with him?  I thought so.

Go HERE to do it!

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2003, 02:10:09 PM »   

MTV mention:

If you attended the "American Idol" tour this summer, it was no surprise that fans had something to do with picking the winners, as "Idol" runner-up Clay Aiken took the Internet-voted Fans' Choice award. The eternally humble Aiken joined "Idol" winner Ruben Studdard for a dual performance earlier in the show, with each man singing their own singles, then joining in with a gospel choir on the Lionel Richie-penned "Jesus Is Love."

MTV LINK

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2003, 02:17:51 PM »   

Aiken Fans' Choice at AMAs
(Monday, November 17 09:59 AM)

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - A diverse assortment of artists won the top prizes at Sunday (Nov. 16) night's American Music Awards, with 50 Cent, Luther Vandross and Justin Timberlake taking home important trophies. The winner of the Fans' Choice, though, was "American Idol" runner-up Clay Aiken.

"I'm not used to winning anything," Aiken declared in his acceptance speech. "I'm kinda used to second place."

While Aiken may have lost to Ruben Studdard in the second season finale of FOX's "American Idol," the North Carolina is being disingenuous when he says he's not used to winning things. His first single easily outsold Studdard's first release and his first album, "Measure of a Man" debuted at No. 1, selling more than 600,000 copies in its first week.

It was a big night for Clay, who did a solo performance and joined Studdard for a duet.

Aiken did, however, lose the race for favorite male pop/rock artist to Kid Rock, which raises several necessary questions about any awards show that feels justified in putting those two artists in the same category.

In other awards at the AMAs, which aired on ABC, Timberlake won best pop/rock album for "Justified," Vandross won for soul/r&b album for "Dance with my Father" and 50 Cent's "Get Rich or Die Tryin'" won for rap/hip-hop album.

ZAP2IT LINK

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2003, 02:36:53 PM »   

Oh boy.  MTV has pit Clay against Britney in the Video Clash.

:roll:

Here we go!  MTV VIDEO CLASH - VOTE FOR INVISIBLE!

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2003, 03:01:46 PM »   

Kudos to RCA for updating their own as well as Clay's website with AMA congrats!

outthereforclay
  Clay and RCA
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2003, 03:05:22 PM »   

ditto, Pamela! And did you notice on the RCA site where they list the label's singers' upcoming appearances how often Clay's name pops up :

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2003, 03:30:19 PM »   

And, for some strange reason, CNN has a poll up asking 'Who should win the AMA Fan's Choice award.'  Excuse me, but that's already been decided.  IN A BIG WAY.  GAH!

I hate to ask, but please go vote for Clay HERE. 

I'm sorry, but that is the height of disrespect.  Get over it CNN!

And in the last tiny paragraph of their article about the show, they offer us this little tidbit.

The heavyweight belter Ruben Studdard and scrawny crooner Clay Aiken, who won the Internet-voted Fans' Choice Award, performed the duet "Jesus Is Love" together, after being introduced by Kimmel as "the spaghetti and meatball of 'American Idol."'

Gee, thanks.

(Sorry to be so sarcastic, but how ridiculous.)

cjrmax
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2003, 03:39:31 PM »   

The poll and the article were up last night BEFORE Clay won.  I don't they've gotten around to updating their site.

lolita
UltimateFan

A Clay fan forever

Amazing
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2003, 03:39:45 PM »   

I just voted. And will continue until my fingers give up. So far Clay is ahead. Thanks for letting us know.

Lolita

A true friend is someone who
                                  says nice things behind
                                        your back.

Janet, rest in peace in your new home

liney23
  AMAs
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2003, 03:58:19 PM »   

I have a question?  I have just gone to ABC.com and FOX.com and in their coverage of the AMAs, they list everyone who won an award EXCEPT Fans Choice/Clay.  Does that not qualify as a music award and therefore not worthy of their notice?  What a bummer!!  Anyone reading for who won would not even know Clay won anything.  What the hey?

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Aiken News Network (ANN)  |  2003 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK NOVEMBER 17

gfxgfx
gfx