gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229517 Posts in 2574 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay March 28, 2024, 09:48:08 AM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Aiken News Network (ANN)  |  2003 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK NOVEMBER 15
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 2003 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK NOVEMBER 15  (Read 2032 times)

fhmmany2

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
2003 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK NOVEMBER 15
« on: March 25, 2010, 11:42:22 AM »
 Author  Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK NOVEMBER 15  (Read 1151 times) 

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

AIKEN NEWS NETWORK NOVEMBER 15
« on: November 15, 2003, 11:22:17 AM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From the December issue of A&E Biography magazine:

Ruben Studdard and Clay Aiken
Studdard born 7/14/1978; Aiken born 11/30/1978

They were television’s most engaging musical rivals – and when American Idol viewers finally hung up their phones, only 134,400 votes separated winner Ruben Studdard from runner-up Clay Aiken. The honey-voiced Ruben, nicknamed the “Velvet Teddy Bear” by soul legend Gladys Knight, was known for his jerseys emblazoned “205” for the area code of his hometown Birmingham, Alabama. A gentle giant, with talent to match his size, Ruben recorded “Flying Without Wings,” one of his winning Idol songs, as his first single.

Clay, From Raleigh, North Carolina, enthralled fans (known as Claymates) with his offbeat looks and delivered an electrifying rendition of “Bridge Over Troubled Water”(which became his first single and No. 1 hit). Still ahead for the popular pair: a tour and perhaps a movie.

Note:  I'm not sure why the media continually classifies ALL of Clay's fans as 'Claymates.'  I would presume that Clay's MALE fans wouldn't appreciate that too much.  Just sayin.

Report to moderator    Logged 

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2003, 12:08:45 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The recent studies have suggested that women are just as aggressive as men. Let’s face it, aside from rap’s East Coast-West Coast rivalries, we hardly have to worry about Justin Timberlake and Clay Aiken taking swipes at each other at the AMAs, even though both are nominated for Favorite Male Pop/Rock artist.

LINK

The rest of the article is very interesting too, about 'clashing divas.'   :

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2003, 12:54:27 PM »   

From James Maguire at Top40:

At #8 on the album chart is Clay Aiken's Measure Of A Man. It hasn't been certified platinum yet (sales of one million) but that should come along shortly.
One of the songs from the album, "Invisible" has climbed to #57 on the Hot 100.
Aiken will release "Invsible" as a single on December 9th, along with a new tune not on the album, "Solitaire", a Neil Sedaka oldie. Recording a song by Neil Sedaka is guaranteed to give Aiken a vintage sound. I'm not sure why his producers want to place him in the past. It's kind of odd.

LINK

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2003, 01:26:47 PM »   

Mediabase numbers for Friday:

STATS: CHR/POP
DATE: FRIDAY, 11/14/03
TIME: 1:07 PM PST
SONG: INVISIBLE
Chart_Rank_TW: 22
Chart_Rank_LW: 28
Chart_Spins_TW: 2693
Chart_Spins_LW: 2000
Taking_off_New_spins: 22
Taking_off_New_stations: 2
Jump_Move: +693
Jump_Stations_playing: 122

STATS: AC
DATE: FRIDAY, 11/14/03
TIME: 1:07 PM PST
SONG: INVISIBLE
Chart_Rank_TW: 16
Chart_Rank_LW: 17
Chart_Spins_TW: 913
Chart_Spins_LW: 725
Taking_off_New_spins: N/A
Taking_off_New_stations: N/A
Jump_Move: +188
Jump_Stations_playing: 90

Invisible is still going up, slowly but surely!  Now that it's debuted at #57 on the Billboard Singles chart, hopefully we'll see a more rapid upward progression.  Making those phone calls and email requests to your local stations is obviously working.  Thank you!

Thanks to AIRPLAY CENTRAL for the numbers!

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2003, 02:09:42 PM »   

Never in your wildest dreams did you think you'd get the chance to meet your favorite stars from American Idol, did you? Well, think again. Through a special sweepstakes, TV Guide is granting two lucky winners just that wish. The winners will get the unique opportunity to spend private time with the singing superstar of their choice, Clay Aiken or Ruben Studdard.

Here's How it Works: Whoever chooses Clay will win a trip for two to catch up with Clay's upcoming headline concert tour, including two choice tickets to Clay's show and, best of all, backstage passes and exclusive downtime with Clay.

Whoever chooses Ruben wins a trip for two to catch up with Ruben as he promotes his new album or shoots his latest video. You and your guest will hang with Ruben at a video or TV taping.

In both cases, we'll take photos of you with Ruben or Clay -- which we'll have framed and autographed -- and you'll get an autographed CD, too.

Winners will be put up in style at top hotels, treated to great meals and provided with limousine transportation for a whirlwind fantasy trip!

Enter online at www.tvguide.com/rubenclay
(See listing section for sweepstakes rules and entry details). No purchase necessary. Sweepstakes ends December 1, 2003.  Enter now!

OK Claymaniacs, which of you will win this?  You can't register until Monday.  One entry per e-mail address per day.  Go for it!  And good luck!

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2003, 02:39:05 PM »   

VISIBILITY

Any chance of Clay Aiken being labeled a one-hit wonder on the
Billboard Hot 100 evaporates this week, as "Invisible" (RCA) earns the Hot Shot Debut designation by opening at No. 57.

Aiken's first single, "This Is the Night," had a commercial component
and was able to debut at No. 1 based on sales. "Invisible" is charting solely on airplay.

That will change when RCA releases a commercial single of "Invisible"
backed with the non-album track "Solitaire," a remake of the Neil Sedaka
(news) song that Aiken performed on "American Idol." The single has a street date of Dec. 9.

LINK

outthereforclay
  FREAK OUT!!
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2003, 07:06:32 PM »   

Oh...my...god!

That TV Guide sweepstakes is going to have me freaking out!

Oh...my...god!

Oh...my...god!

Oh...my...god!

:o  :  8)  :)  :  :oops:  :roll:  8)  :o  :(  :D  :  :!:  :D  :  :o  :

Sundancer
Enthusiastic

THE QUEEN OF SNARK Raleigh

sweepstakes
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2003, 09:35:14 PM »   

Hey Outthere,

Just what would you do with that "downtime"?  Maybe you should have a plan, just in case TV Guide comes through for you.  :

"To look at me, you may be wrong. I've been through this--it made me strong."
"'Lifted me up when I couldn't reach; you gave me faith 'cuz you believed."
"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."

outthereforclay
  Everybody Wang Chung tonight....
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2003, 09:38:51 PM »   

Oh, Sundancer, I just reread the prize description and I see that it says exclusive "downtime" with Clay.

I thought it said exclusive "GET DOWN time" with Clay! :?  :oops:  8)

Sundancer
Enthusiastic

THE QUEEN OF SNARK Raleigh

"downtime"
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2003, 10:18:48 PM »   

Outthere, you crack me up!

I thought it said exclusive "GET DOWN time" with Clay!

Well, it's good that you have a "plan," just in case. :

"To look at me, you may be wrong. I've been through this--it made me strong."
"'Lifted me up when I couldn't reach; you gave me faith 'cuz you believed."
"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2003, 11:34:39 PM »   

I used to get down until it got too hard to get back up.
 8)

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2003, 01:57:26 AM »   

Letters to the Chicago Sun Times in response to their (negative) review of MoaM:

HEY KIDS IT'S ONLY AN OPINION:

Dear Mr. DeRogatis: I am writing regarding the so-called review of Clay Aiken (Oct. 26). I was under the impression that music reviews were about the music. You need to rethink how you do your reviews. It is quite obvious from your article that you don't like Clay Aiken, and you attacked him in several ways. I would think that good journalism comes from intelligent reporting on your subject. You obviously know nothing of this young man. You wrote: "Clay Aiken, at an immature 24, isn't much of a man at all."

Please! At 24, this young man is very mature and quite a man. Do your research, Mr. DeRogatis! He is mature beyond his years. What 24-year-old who just got the world handed to him would take the time to start a foundation for special needs children or go straight from receiving his double platinum award to a grade school to read to second-grade children? My guess is not too many; they would be out partying and spending their money.

Clay is not full of himself and is quite humble about what is happening to him. "Pretty-boy pin-up looks" -- you really make me laugh! Yes, Clay is gorgeous, inside and out, but he himself doesn't think so, and he surely doesn't come off looking like he thinks this. His fame and attraction is about his vocals. Maybe you don't really know what good vocals are all about. Ask a professional instead of just making remarks about your own personal opinions.

"Struts, preens, and shows off" -- oh, you do make me laugh. Please show me where he does this because all of his fans are just waiting for him to break out and strut for us. Clay is actually very modest and extremely conscious that he portrays himself as a positive role model for the children of this world, unlike most of your pop stars.

Some would say ["American Idol" winner] Ruben [Studdard] is more man-size, yourself included, I guess, but you along with all of them truly know nothing on this subject, unless you personally know either of these talented young men. As far as whose voice is better, again that is purely a matter of opinion, and this article was supposed to be about the music on "Measure of a Man" and not another comparison or contest between Clay and Ruben.

It is quite obvious from the phenomenal sales that an awful lot of people love what they are hearing. Maybe you need to really listen to these wonderful songs and enjoy this young man's fabulous voice. Clay is bringing back music that people can actually listen to and not worry about what crime or sex act they are going to be hearing about.

Debra Ziga

I read your Clay Aiken review. Since when is a wholesome personality with a beautiful voice not a welcome addition to the radio-pop music scene? Justin Timberlake used to have a good voice -- too bad you can't hear it in his new song, he's so busy skulking around with his tattoos and roll-out-of-the-garbage-can new looks. And Christina [Aguilera] destroys her beautiful new song by having her boobs popping out of her lingerie in her video. Is sex, grunge, violence and swearing the only thing that sells nowadays? I say "NO," because finally we have someone here who can sing, who is talented, who is a normal and regular person. And don't say he "made it" the wrong or easy way -- Justin and Britney [Spears] came from "The Mickey Mouse Club" show, for pete's sake! Now they are the serious artists? Give me a break! Everyone makes it from somewhere -- why does it even matter where from? CLAY IS A BREATH OF FRESH AIR.

Janice Carlsten

Mr. DeRogatis: I feel very sorry for you. Thankfully, there are a good number of people who don't rely on your opinion in order to purchase or listen to music. Mr. Aiken, his voice and his music touch people in ways you apparently will never understand.

Julie Wilson

LINK

mcraig2
SuperFan

TV Guide contest...
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2003, 02:25:30 PM »   

Okay...for the LIFE of me, I cannot find the contest on the TV Guide site.  When I click on that link, it takes me to their main page and I see nothing about the contest.  HELP!

(Thanx)   :

"Keeper of those mesmerizing green eyes."  (as long as there's no guyliner)

mcraig2
SuperFan

Oh...DOH!....
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2003, 02:46:13 PM »   

Can't register 'til Monday...

...making mental note to wear glasses 

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Aiken News Network (ANN)  |  2003 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK NOVEMBER 15

gfxgfx
gfx