gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229510 Posts in 2574 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay March 28, 2024, 04:59:58 AM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  JNT 2012  |  12/6/2012-STAMFORD, CT-PALACE THEATRE
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 12/6/2012-STAMFORD, CT-PALACE THEATRE  (Read 32031 times)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
Re: 12/6/2012-STAMFORD, CT-PALACE THEATRE
« Reply #120 on: December 07, 2012, 10:27:35 AM »
laurasviolin ?@laurasviolin
Love that @clayaiken had student violinists in Stamford. Great performance opportunity
!

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #121 on: December 07, 2012, 10:40:31 AM »
THIS IS DANCERMOM'S SHOW RECAP AND HER  MEET AND GREET RECAP. SINCE WE WERE THERE TOGETHER I REALLY DO NOT NEED TO WRITE ANYTHING, HUH?

Clay was pretty amazing last night. His voice has this effortless velvety buttery smoothness to it. He was hysterical. The interaction with audience last night had us in stitches. I don't know how he does it. He just takes what happens at a particular show and runs with it. He was also laughing up on stage. I love to see him having a blast while he is performing. How he can go from utter silliness to Hymnal songs in a blink of the eye amazes me. His interaction with Barbara started early. She had binoculars and was watching him from the 4th row and he saw that and was ragging her one it. Then when he started "O' Holy Night" he did this face at her...touched his eyes with is fingers and then pointed at her with this look and face that is hard to describe other than it made me break out in laughter. Then he centered himself and gave an amazing rendition of "O' Holy Night". i have really come to love and adore the Church Medley. The arrangement is just sweet, light and beautiful and he does some amazing things with his voice when he sings it Freddie came right before "My Grown Up Christmas List" and Clay told Freddie this was the perfect song for him and his mom. Freddie has driven his mom to Clay concerts before and Clay gave him props for that but then told him he needs to come to the show from now on!

The man who was there with his wife and girlfriend was smetterlink and her DH I think. It was soooooo funny.

The staff at the theater were the nicest people. They were all volunteers and they were a very well run organization. The thing about this theater is that on the outside it looks all modern and then you go inside the outer lobby and it's this stately old theater. When we were all waiting for the Meet and Greet we all got there early...I think we were ALL worried about being late. There was no place to sit at all and the outer lobby was freezing. A woman finally took pity on us and asked us into the inside lobby where it was warmer. Then as were all standing around she got worried about me and my boot standing up and got me a chair. And then she went and brought chairs for us all. That was above and beyond what anyone had to do. Then after the show Marilyn and I were talking to the woman who was working the coat check. We asked her if she had every been to a concert for Clay and she said no. She just remembered him from AI. She then said you know what...I knew he could sing but he is sooooo funny!!!!! Made both of us smile because dang he was hoot last night.

The brown plaid pants are very very baggy...but...Marilyn and I both agree when he puts his hand in his pocket and it gets taut the view from the back becomes very very nice.  We saw a peak of striped socks last night. And OMG his shoes...from the front row I kept marveling at how big his feet are!!!

I was a mess during MCWL. A total mess.

I think he got a new haircut and what you see is the result of the haircut. Marilyn thinks he just needs to part it differently. I got used to it by the end of the night. It looks very nice in the back and on one side. *g* and um...interesting from another side.

Cameocat was the person from Maine. She totally was trying to figure out where she was on the Concert Trail and couldn't answer quick enough about how long it would take to drive to Stamford.

The M&G...he looked like he just woke up. His hair had that bed head look. During the sound check he just strolled out on stage and just started effortlessly singing. I mean...he just started singing and you just went...oh yeah...there's that voice. Our M&G lasted a little longer he was asked a question about the "charts" he keeps talking about in his banter and he really gave us a long answer. He says the orchestration for each song can cost $3000 to produce each which I found interesting. He said when he is with the band like with Savon they play things by ear and just work it out but when you have an orchestra they don't play by ear and you have to actually work out all the parts for the instruments so it's very different. When he chooses the songs for a show like this he has to have the orchestration or "charts" (aka sheet music) for each song or he can't do it.

They finally got a real camera to take pictures at the M&G with a killer flash. Talk about being blinded by the light!!!! He was so sweet at the M&G and asked us all our names and where we were from...and he remembered everyone there....including me which was nice. He did mention this was the first one where there was nobody new in the group that he hadn't met before. He almost messed up my name signing my "All Is Well" though because he was mispelling Kim...added an extra e but he fixed it he said by making it part of the A in All. He signed it All is Well. I snuggled in for the picture with him. It was over too soon. But I treasure it. Thank you so much Marilyn for making it possible for me. It was my first M&G every.

At the end of the M&G he got asked for a hug. Then he said but if I hug you I have to hug everyone. And she said please...and we all gave him puppy dog peading looks lol. He finally relented and hugged us all but then didn't hug her because as he said she asked. He made like he was leaving after hugging everyone else and then came back and gave her a hug too.

There is nothing like a Clay hug to warm you form the top of your head to the bottom of your toes.

Oh...Sean was there last night. I saw him get off the bus.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #122 on: December 07, 2012, 11:05:41 AM »
MY NOTES FROM THE MEET AND GREET:

Well, dancermom pretty well covered it for the M&G. He was wonderful. We had seen him enter the building while we were waiting in the outside lobby. He came off the bus which was right behind us, and went to another door. After the tour manager came to get us (and THANK YOU to the person from the theater who gave us seats inside where it was warmer) we went into the back of the theater. She lined us up four in one row and the rest in the back.

As DM said, he just strolled onto the stage and started singing. He did not hold anything back. He walked back and forth across the stage while Joe checked his mike and stood at different areas to see if the sound was working ok at all areas. After Clay finished the first song we applauded and he looked up at us. I dont know if we were supposed to, so we held off on the second song. He sang "Emmanuel" and the "First Noel". He was wearing a cream colored hoodie and off white pajama pants. I never looked at his feet because my eyes were glued to his face.

Then he came up to meet us, shook our hands. He asked who the ebay people were and DM and I raised our hands. He said "Marilyn and ...so Kim told him her name. He remembered mine, which is thrilling because I never feel that I am that memorable.

He did not ask everyone's names because he said he pretty much knew everyone there, but wanted to know where we were from. When it came to my turn I told him "Patchogue" and he got a puzzled look on his face. I said "Long Island". He said he thought I was from London. I said no, Birmingham originally but I had been here a long time. Cute that he remembered I wasnt born here.
THen he signed everything. He asked me how to spell my name and wrote "Marilyn- Great to see you!!". I had picked one of Irishbookgal's beautiful pictures from Clearwater, in the vest and the teal shirt. Love that outfit.

One young girl had brought a photo of herself and Clay, and said that this was from her first experience. Clay gave the most adorable smirk and then was signing her photo, and it took him a little bit. He said he doesnt often think of witty things to write, but this time he could. He wrote that he hoped this experience was just as good as the first, or something like that.  Wish I could remember, but it was so funny!!

THen Mercedes asked if she could ask a question, and he said "Sure". So when she asked him about what "Charts" were, he went into this lengthy discourse. He told us that Ben could take as long as a week or more to work on charts for the orchestra. They had to be in the right key, each instrument had different charts. Then they had to send them out to printers to be printed up so that each member of the orchestra had their own. He said he has boxes and boxes of the music from prior tours saved, because each time they had to do a new one it cost $3000 per song (or was it per chart). It was really interesting, and he was very animated about it. You could hear school teacher Clay lecturing to us!! THANK YOU Mercedes for asking that question. It gave us more time with him and it was very interesting to hear the answer.

Kim and I had our pics taken first- individually, and it was great to snuggle up to him.  Then the OFC M&G folks had the group picture.

As Kim said, the girl asked for a hug and he said if he hugged her he would have to hug everyone! But then he relented and we got a sweet hug from him.

He is just so adorable, Yes, his hair was tousled like he had just got out of bed, and he ran his fingers through it a couple of times

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #124 on: December 07, 2012, 12:07:39 PM »
Great Meet and Greet recap Marilyn. Very happy for you and and he remembered you and gave you a hug. Wow! ;D Want to see your pic when you get it. Have fun tomorrow with Barb and Marlene.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 12:23:11 PM by Tiffany »

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #125 on: December 07, 2012, 03:38:01 PM »
Scarlett Stamford You Tube links, cont'd.

"Oh Come Oh Come Emmanuel."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGZ77aJy-9M...UNf&index=6

"Welcome To Our World."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2RyTADyBUY...UNf&index=7

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #126 on: December 07, 2012, 04:06:39 PM »
THE SHOW- MY OBSERVATIONS:

His voice was stellar througout the night. Smooth, the low notes so making a connection with me that sometimes I shivered they were so good. The high notes were all fabulous, as usual-but there is something about those low notes that elicit a response. His voice is most definitely a finely tuned instrument.

When he asked Barbara about her binoculars, and what could she see, she answered "Everything". So he unbuttoned his jacket and pushed it to the side like he was going to show her more. It was so funny!! He also did the "I'm watching you" eye gesture right before O Holy Night. That is why everyone was laughing.

He was also making eyes at her during WAYDNYE- from where I was they looked adorable.

It was so funny when he was asking men who they came with and the one fellow said my wife and my girlfriend. Clays face was so funny- and of course he played into that when he sang WAYDNYE.

The cell phone banter was great. Terry on the other end kept talking when Clay was trying to talk, and the faces he made to the audience had us laughing hard. He went around asking folks where they had come from and how far they had driven, then he looks at me and asked how much I paid for the ticket so I hesitated at first. THen when I said how much, he said "I know how much you paid it was for charity" So he used that as an example of some people paid thousands of dollars for the tickets and some people traveled all the way from Maine and Nova Scotia, and she couldnt get there from PA. The cell phone owner said that Terry didnt drive, so he said there was a train from PA to the City, and a train from the city to CT, so she could have come.

His wit is so funny, and I KNEW he was going to bring Barbara up on the stage for the "Lyrics" contest, which never really happened. She was all over him, told him he had beautiful eyes, kissed him. She actually backed him onto the stool at one point. She said she was divorced and he could come live with her. When she said her son had dropped her off, , he wanted her to call her son. She put her back to the audience and proceeded to get the phone out of her bra, His face was priceless!! Its like “What are you DOING??”
So they called Freddy her son. Clay said he was disappointed that Freddy didn’t come to the show with his mother-but asked him when the movie was over if he would come to the show and he would have the ushers let him in so that he could sit with his Momma.
There was more that was funny, but he told her she didn’t have to sing any lyrics, but she could pick a prize from Ben’s breast pocket, left or right. She started to approach Ben, who looked a bit skittish, but Clay said she had to choose, and she got the lottery ticket.
He told her if she won 40 million in the lottery, that he would come and live with her for a week!! Then he gave her a hug and the staff helped her off stage. It was so funny.

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #127 on: December 07, 2012, 04:47:13 PM »
Omg! That sounds hilarious. Thanks Marilyn. That helped a lot to know what went on.  Hurry up Scarlet with this clack.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #128 on: December 07, 2012, 06:21:47 PM »
STILLDREAMING AT CLAYMANIACS!!

OMG.  J and I had a wonderful time at the concert tonight!!!!!!!  From start to finish, Clay sounded Absolutely AMAZING and the second half of the show was hysterical.  Since I (sort of) helped get the party started  that's what I'll write about now.     

I call this Cindy and Philly's Great Adventure 

The ushers were very low key tonight and not hovering about, so I thought my cell cert with Philly was going quite nicely.  That's until Clay came looking for me 

As he was walking across the stage, he said he noticed some flashes of light.  Then he stopped directly in front of me and asked where the cell phone was?  By now that puppy was way lowww to the ground and I was looking for the nearest exit.  [Jeepers creepers.  I meant no disrespect!  From where I was sitting, I didn't think he'd notice.  DUH.]  So I'm sitting there quiet as a field mouse, but Clay's not giving up.  "I know you're out there.  You can tell me, yada yada..."  A few ppl were pointing me out and I cracked under the pressure *lol*

From this point on I swear it's all a blur, but I fessed up.  I think Clay asked me to stand and I told him I was talking to my friend Terry.  Then I asked "Would you talk to her?" and I probably sounded like a nervous school girl who'd just cheated on a test *shakes head*  My phone went forward to the stage (fans passed it along) and suddenly it was in Clay's HOT little hands!!!

True brain death set in at this point, so things may be out of order and I hope Philly can fill in the gaps   I know Clay asked where I was from and he said hi to Philly.  He said {to me}... "you've only been on 4 minutes?" and gave a DON'T LIE to me look!  Sh*t I fessed up to that too.  I told Clay I'd hung up and called her back when the minutes were FREE after 9:00   Now I was laughing my a$$ off.  Once you're busted, there's no going back.

GAD only knows what Philly was saying to him (his faces were priceless tho!!) but when Clay tried to put her on speaker phone he lost the call.  Then he saw my yum, yum do-me Clay pic on the cell phone    I wanted to hide under my chair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This brought on the discussion about how he was "fat back then".  Clay asked how long ago I got the pic..... I mumbled some incoherent crap. Then Philly called him back (thank gad!) and he had fun with her.  He went into "teacher mode", talked to ppl in the first row about how far they'd traveled to the concert, then back to Philly and asked how much she paid for the concert and if there were any trains from Phil. to NYC.  He was being a little shit and grinning from ear to ear.  Having his usual fun with woman who get cell certs! 

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #129 on: December 08, 2012, 07:49:22 AM »

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #130 on: December 08, 2012, 07:50:32 AM »

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #131 on: December 08, 2012, 03:50:27 PM »
Here is Scarlett's video of Clay talking to Cindy and Philly. Right at the beginning. Too funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtFUwtGL03I&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #132 on: December 09, 2012, 03:49:05 PM »
Two more from Stamford:

"Jazzy Medley."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uA1APWuhDo

"Merry Christmas With Love."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GmvU7VwqDM

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #133 on: December 16, 2012, 02:40:00 AM »
lisaG1063 @CLAYBOARD

OMG what a great show!!!! Clay sounded freaking A-MAZING!!! Thanks so much for the videos. I'm listening to them while we decorate our tree. Seeing Clay's show def helped put me in the Christmas spirit this year! Anyone know if the banter from this show will be posted? First time I've ever had front row (except for Spamalot) and first time Clay has ever talked to me lol. My BF was the one that Clay refered to as him "wanting to be anywhere but here" lol but that was not true and I told him so. I told Clay "he wanted to come" and that was the truth...I swear. Clay said something about it being his first time and then asked me my name & how many Christmas concerts I had seen and I said "all of them". It was kind of a big blur so I'm hoping someone recorded it.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #134 on: December 16, 2012, 02:41:24 AM »
LACYNEKIA@CB

Just got home from the show.  Voice superb, glory notes powerful and went on for decades.  A lot of the laughs were from his facial expressions at certain people in the audience.  Terry was the person he was trying to talk with on someone's cell phone but she wouldn't shut up and he couldn't get a word in and finally snapped the phone shut and then said, I think she is still there.  Lot of banter with the audience.  He brought Barbara on stage because she had binoculars and she was quite lively.  Her son is 43 and he dropped her off while he went to the movies.  Clay had her call him at the movies and told him to get to his show and the usher was told to let Freedie in.  Freddie made it and Clay told him the next time to stay with his mama.  Barbara didn't have to sing but she "won" the lottery ticket from Ben's pocket.  A young guy shouted out asking if he could come on stage to sing.  I think maybe since it was a guy Clay said come on up.  He looked to be about 20.  The guy was actually very good for the two notes he did know.  Good size crowd and very vocal but respectful when Clay was singing.  Amazing of course!!!  
catsmomsny 

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  JNT 2012  |  12/6/2012-STAMFORD, CT-PALACE THEATRE

gfxgfx
gfx