gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229512 Posts in 2574 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay March 28, 2024, 07:20:28 AM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  JNT 2012  |  12/6/2012-STAMFORD, CT-PALACE THEATRE
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 12/6/2012-STAMFORD, CT-PALACE THEATRE  (Read 32042 times)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
12/6/2012-STAMFORD, CT-PALACE THEATRE
« on: September 05, 2012, 11:46:14 PM »
December 6, 2012-- Stamford, CT - Palace Theatre

Venue: Palace Theatre
Time:
Tickets:
Venue website: http://stamfordcenterforthearts.org/home.cfm
Venue Capacity: 2,700
Address: 61 Atlantic Street, Stamford, CT 06901
Phone: 203.358.2305
Seating Chart: Venue (PDF), Alt link
ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
Re: 12/6/2012-STAMFORD, CT-PALACE THEATRE
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 11:21:15 PM »
This is only an hour and a half away from me, so I got a ticket.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2012, 10:55:50 PM »
Have yourself a Claymate Christmas
By Keith Loria
Hour Correspondent | Posted: Wednesday, November 28, 2012 12:15 pm

Although he may have finished second in "American Idol's" season two finals and lost out to Arsenio Hall to take the two spot again in the last installment of "The Celebrity Apprentice," to millions of Claymates, recoding star Clay Aiken will always be No. 1 in their hearts.

"I think I am destined for second place forever, it's just the way my life goes," Aiken jokes. "I'm glad I could provide some humor and fodder for people."

Despite losing out to Ruben Studdard back in 2002, Aiken's recording success far exceeded his American Idol friend and rival, going double platinum with his debut, "Measure of a Man," which not only was No. 1 on the Billboard 200, but still stands as the highest debut of any Idol winner (take that Kelly Clarkson!)

"The show seems like such a long time ago now. It's been 10 years and I find as I get older, I can remember less and less," Aiken says. "It was an amazing experience and I am so thankful for what it has brought."

Over the last decade, Aiken has topped the charts with singles "Invisible" and "This is the Night," wrote a best-selling book and appeared on Broadway in "Spamalot."

Although some other albums haven't sold as well as his first, Aiken did find great success with the release of the holiday album "Merry Christmas with Love," which was the highest debut by a holiday album in the history of Billboard magazine.

Since it's release, he has spent many the Christmas season touring and on Dec.6, Aiken will play Stamford's Palace Theatre in a concert he calls, "Joyful Noise 2012."

"This is our fifth iteration of the Christmas tour and every single year we try to change up the way we do it. We've done just me in a band, me with dancers and this year it's going to me with a full orchestra," Aiken says. "It's a change of pace and I think the orchestra adds a level of energy to a Christmas show that you can't get with a band. There's something about a French horn that just screams Christmas to me."

Aiken doesn't want any of his Claymates to have Blue Christmas, but he warns that the concert is all about the holiday music, so people shouldn't be expecting him to break out "Bridge Over Troubled Waters" or any of his other power ballads.

"If you're going to do a regular pop show and throw a Christmas hit in, I think it works, but when you do a Christmas show and throw in 'Invisible,' I think it ruins the mood," he says. "We stick with holiday stuff but that doesn't just mean I'm singing 'Jingle Bells.' There are some very pop-sounding tunes."

He'll also take traditional favorites--like "Sleigh Ride" and "Winter Wonderland"--and make them fresh with his own Aiken-esque style.

"It's not a sing-along, but we have fun," he says. "I think people really enjoy it and get into the holiday spirit."

The Christmas season is a joyful time for Aiken who loves to reconnect with his family and friends in North Carolina.

"There are so many people my age now who live somewhere else and Christmas is really the only time I get home to see my family," the 34-year-old says. "I think we certainly commercialize Christmas too much, maybe, but in doing so we've provided a time to reflect and look back on the year and be thankful for the good things and happy to have survived the bad things, and just have people gather around together."

When he was younger, Aiken recalls experiencing "the typical Southern Christmas," surrounded by family and presents.

"When I was a kid, all I wanted to do was get presents but as I've gotten older, I realized how much more special it was to give," he says. "I enjoy giving a lot more than I do receiving now."

Speaking of giving, as those who watched "The Celebrity Apprentice" know, Aiken is the founder of the National Inclusion Project, which supports the integration of children with disabilities into the life environment of their non-disabled peers.

It's been a few years since Aiken has done his Christmas tour and now that he's getting ready to begin, he realizes how important it is for him.

"I don't get into the holiday spirit unless I am doing this," he says. "The years when I didn't do it, I decorated the house and had the tree up but it didn't feel like the holidays at all. Now, I feel so much more like it's the holiday."

Looking ahead, Aiken is considering writing another book, working on another Christmas album and is open to other TV, stage and music projects.

"For now, we just want to kick start the holiday season off for people and I want it to get people into the spirit," he says. "There's something magical that happens this time of year."

Clay Aiken will play the Palace Theatre at 8 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 6. Tickets range from $22-$73 and can be purchased at www.stamfordcenterforthearts.org.

THERE IS  A HUMONGOUS PICTURE OF CLAY FROM MCWL

THE HOUR.COM

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2012, 07:29:30 PM »
    Matthew Gamelli ?@mvgamelli

Hey @clayaiken, I'm on my way to Stamford, CT for the #JoyfulNoiseTour2012! You better bring it tonight, man! ;-)

Sounds like Sound Check for tonight:

The Palace Stamford ?@PalaceStamford

#Orchestra rehearsing for @clayaiken sound check. #JoyfulNoiseTour starts at 8p! Tix @ http://scalive.org  #Stamford http://ow.ly/i/1di4z

Another bit of Promotion for tonight, with link to short article

Culture Cache ?@CultureCacheCT

"American Idol" favorite #ClayAiken will celebrate the holidays with a performance @PalaceStamford tonight http://www.ctpost.com/music/article/Clay-Aiken-brings-Joyful-Noise-Tour-2012-to-4090870.php#ixzz2EIuPn7IE

mimi

• Enthusiastic
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2012, 07:51:40 PM »
Tiffany~ Does it start at 8:00 ?
Forgive your enemies...it messes with their head.

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2012, 07:54:40 PM »
Hey Marlene-Yep I only know of Cindy and Marilyn there.

PHILLYLUVSCLAY

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2012, 07:57:32 PM »
Waves, Cindy is there . She's 4th row dead center only 25 feet away from the stage. CLAY'Stour bus is right in front of the theateer. Cindy'shubby took a pic of the back oof the bus. The theater is beautiful,

mimi

• Enthusiastic
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2012, 07:58:57 PM »
Thanks for the information Philly

mimi

• Enthusiastic
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2012, 07:59:55 PM »
Marilyn had a M&G ..Wonder how that went.

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2012, 08:00:35 PM »
Hey Philly, THat's awesome she is close. Hope you can hear her cellcert clear.

Marlene-Hope Marilyn had a better one then Barb.

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2012, 08:03:13 PM »
Don't think he has played here before.

Said the cellstream will be clear so far.

PHILLYLUVSCLAY

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2012, 08:04:38 PM »
There's a little delay.

mimi

• Enthusiastic
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2012, 08:05:39 PM »
I do too.  I hope he has better hair than last night. I told Marilyn that  maybe she could brush her fingers through his hair and fix it at the M&G ;D :)  Like that's going to happen!

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2012, 08:07:25 PM »
LOL Marlene. I saw his 1st banter from last night and he said he cut it himself. :o

Hey Philly, You going to Saturday's concert?

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2012, 08:09:18 PM »
Announcements being made now.

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  JNT 2012  |  12/6/2012-STAMFORD, CT-PALACE THEATRE

gfxgfx
gfx