gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229519 Posts in 2574 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay March 28, 2024, 04:42:53 PM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  JNT 2012  |  12/9/12-BOSTON, MA-WILBUR THEATRE
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 12/9/12-BOSTON, MA-WILBUR THEATRE  (Read 31945 times)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
Re: 12/9/12-BOSTON, MA-WILBUR THEATRE
« Reply #90 on: December 10, 2012, 05:05:43 AM »
Invisible926
Just got off the phone with Corabeth.

Her comments. I actually took notes. HAHA!

Better show then Stamford.
He was hilarious with a capital H.
Looked great, sounded great.
Hair was good. Not Suze hair.
Lots of adlibbing.
Audience was rowdy but in a fun way.
He went up the steps to the stage at the beginning of the show and was 6 inches from Corabeth. She touched his hand. Squee.
Drunk gay guy at the show who loves Clay.
Cell phone banter very funny.
Orchestra loved him and were laughing a lot.
Commented on how Northern audiences are rowdy and how stories brought them down.

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #91 on: December 10, 2012, 05:27:25 AM »

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #92 on: December 10, 2012, 11:05:00 PM »
OMG ROTFLOL Man Clay needs a show where he just talks to the audience.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #93 on: December 11, 2012, 08:40:08 PM »
ncwannabe @ Dec 10 2012, 03:47 PM
I was lucky enough to be one of the auction M&G winners in Boston. It was brief, but wonderful! He was late, so we spent a good bit of time listening to just Ben and the orchestra as they worked out how they wanted to play certain parts. Finally clay came sauntering in with his sweatshirt, baggy sweatpants and his backpack on. He literally walked right in, said hello to the orchestra and started singing. Just like that. With his backpack still on and everything. And he sounded perfect. How can he do that????

He didn't sing all that long, and shortly thereafter he left the stage and walked to where we were all sitting at the back of the venue. We were all in a row and sitting on stools. I was on the end so he walked right up and started with me and shook our hands, saying hello and/or asking names as he went down the row. I must say, he looks right at you as he shakes your hand. As he worked his way down the row, he had to move the chairs that were in the row in front of us out of way - he didn't have room to walk between us and that row - so at times he just walked in front of the chairs and just reached over them to get our items and whatnot. He started asking "what is this venue anyway? Is it a nightclub?" This because it was a rather odd setup, with a combination of tables, traditional seating, chairs, stools and a bar! After shaking hands, he finally took off his backpack. If I recall correctly, he didn't directly ask where we were from. Instead he asked if any of us were locals? So, folks responded to that by telling him where they were from.

Anyway, he apologized for being late and said he thought the show was at 8:00 and he was used to doing the M&Gs around 5:00. We assured him it was fine, and that we had enjoyed listening to Ben working with the orchestra. It was around this time that Nick walked in (his friend who had served as his PA circa 2004 or so.) Clay pointed him out to us, asked if we remembered him and we all said hello. He told us Nick lives in Boston now.

Clay started asking what we had for him to sign. I think the lovely lady at the other end from me (was that you, Judy?) had his book, and he saw and mentioned that a few of had books for him to sign. If it is something like a book, he uses a pen instead of a sharpie, so he asked for a pen from Lauren, the tour manager. As he took each item, he would ask who to make it out to, and for the correct spelling of our names if need be. As he was signing the first item or so, the orchestra was playing and they were quite loud, making it difficult to hear him at times. He asked Lauren to turn the sound down in the house, only to find out that it was already off, and he was surprised at how loud it still was. Then, he started making faces and cringing a bit about how they were playing, and he mentioned that the "strings were suffering" a bit (or something to that effect). He told us that he wouldn't be saying anything extra complimentary about this orchestra during the show. That prompted him to mention that they've worked with some not-so-great orchestras along the way. He started saying that in Stamford the orchestra really messed up in the... (and, here he paused as he was trying to think which song it was. He then asked us "what do you call the medley of the last 3 songs?" I said it was the "sentimental medley") He repeated what he had started to say before that Stamford had really messed up during the sentimental medley and it's up on YouTube and we should listen for it. (And, I'll note, he did not say anything about the orchestra that night, other than his customarily asking us to give them a round of applause.)

He went on to sign all the things requiring a pen, then signed a kindle that he was pleased to see had Learning to Sing on it, (and I thought he said that was the first kindle he had signed, but I may be wrong), then one individual had an ornament she wanted him to sign, so we were hitting him with some unusual things. He made a quip asking if any of us had anything made of naugahide (sp?) for him to sign? LOL He got to me, and I asked him to sign a ticket for my fellow bidding mate who, sadly, wasn't able to be there. He was extremely sweet about it and signed it "Missed You." Awwww. Then, I handed him one of his "cheat sheets" that he had used at the Bethlehem concert for him to sign for me. I told him I had taken it from the stage at the end of his show that night. He told us that people often ask the stage hands for them, and the stage hands usually say "no," that they can't have them. He said he didn't care in the slightest, though. But I had to laugh when he handed it back to me. He wrote, "Sherri - You thief!" LOL

So, now it was picture time. He said "Sherri and I are going to walk down here (and he indicated we were going to walk down the aisle a bit) OMG! I just now as typing this realized Clay and I walked down the aisle! Does that mean we're married? EEEEEEE!!! (but I digress)

Anyway he said "Sherri and I are going to walk down here and while we do that, you guys get in a group for your photo." So he and I walked down the aisle and I finally remembered to ask for a hug pic. I ended up putting my arms around him (and I think he had his arms around me??? We'll see when I get the picture, I guess)!! At that point, I think I went into orbit for just a bit. Hee. His tour manager took two pictures, so I had just a bit of extra time in that position. But, alas, all good things must end and we finished our picture and he moved over to the group, who were still not arranged and ready for the photo. He scolded them (lovingly, of course), and told them "y'all were supposed to be ready when Sherri and I were done." But he was joking and as they tried to maneuver into place, they decided to change location as the aisle didn't seem to be wide enough. So they all moved over to another area that was sort of a small raised alcove with a ballister behind it. The group stood in front of the ballister, and Clay stood behind it. When they were ready to shoot the picture, he stepped up on the bottom of the railing and held on to it to have himself be on the same level as they were. Cute. Two quick pics, and they were done. He prepared to leave and told us thank you, and one of us (Judy, I think) told him that she had finally gotten to meet him after following him since the beginning. I think the same was true for another lady (Mindy?) as well. Very happy for you, ladies!!

And with that, he told us he would see us later, and he was gone. Ahhhhhh. Brief...... but memorable always

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #94 on: December 11, 2012, 08:47:51 PM »
Rhode Island Fan at CV

When he came out singing "All Year Long", two of us were able to scoot across the back of section B so that we were right on the aisle about 8 feet away. His eyes seemed to be glistening. Seemed to me he was emotional--he really does love doing this!! I love that last song and so hope he records it.

It was a WILD bunch and tons of fun. I had a clear view the whole time--it was the equivalent of being in about the 3rd or 4th row in a theater.
He is just so quick witted--you'll see that in the clack. GIVE THAT MAN A SHOW!!!

Also, when we were in the parking garage, someone recognized the guitar player. He spoke with us and said he had a blast and that Clay was a lot of fun to work with and used the word "cool'--so he thinks Clay is "cool"!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #95 on: December 11, 2012, 08:54:47 PM »
GENCLOVESCLAYSVOICE AT CV

Hi CV

Well i think i have come enough out of the Clay fog to post now. I was at the Boston show on Sunday, and had my first M&G. It was so exciting. Lauren, his tour manager, came and got us and brought us to the rear of the theater and we sat on stools. We got to listen to Ben warm up with the orchester. It was fun to watch him work with them, and then wham bam - out walks Clay wearing baggy sweats (off white i think) and of course his famous hoodie, with his backpack over his shoulder. He shouts out a hello to the orchester and then approaches the mike. He just started making a few sounds to test the mike and then started singing, with his backpack still on his shoulder, sounding so beautiful i got butterflies in my stomach.

He, then, walked down the stairs and up to the back to greet us. I think i stopped breathing as he walked toward us. NC Wannabee's report was very good and better than I could add to except to say that he seemed very excited that Nick was there and told us that Nick lives in Boston now. He was really friendly and put us all at ease. He shook all our hands and then signed what we had brought. He does look right at you when he is asking your name and all I can say, is that i have never seen such beautiful eyes on a man or such beautiful skin. I just wanted to touch it, but, of course, I didn't. He asked us what kind of venue is this? Is this a nightclub? He asked if anyone lived in Boston, and I said that I used to, but i now lived in NH. I told him that a lot of comics appear there. He, then took Sherri down for her picture, and told us to get ready, but honestly I didn't know where to stand, couldn't even think lol As he walked back towards us, he kiddingly scolded us and then realized that the space would not fit us all, and we moved to a larger space. Pictures were done very fast, and then he said goodbye, and honestly, i so wanted to follow him lol Got my group picture last evening, and it came out pretty good. I won't post it, because it is a group and don't feel right to post it. But i am thrilled to have it.

The show was amazing, and imho one of the best so far. His voice was supberb and his comedian side was in rare form. The auidence was going nuts and really showing him the love. It was pretty full from what I could see. We were in the 2nd row of tables in front of the stage and right in the center. Had a wonderful view of Clay. We were really squished in tight, but it didn't matter.

Got to meet some really great fans and it was nice to put a face with the name. We went out for a drink and some snacks after with Babby and her friend Norm and they were very nice. She asked my hubby if he had liked the show, and to my great surprise he said that he did very much. He said that Clay had a great voice, but was surprised that he was so funny and charming. He had come to one of my Timeless concerts and one of my T&T concerts, but said that he liked this one the best, because clay was so entertaining. Will wonders ever cease lol Also met Preden, and she was so bubbley and sweet. After the concert also got to meet Emerson and Fancynails. Met others, but my memory fails me to all of the names. It was one of the most wonderful nights of my life, and will never forget it.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #96 on: December 12, 2012, 12:49:45 AM »
(mainenanaj4clay @ Dec 10 2012, 08:48 AM)
Hi everyone, I had my meet and greet in Boston and I am still in what everyone calls the "Aiken Fog". It was wonderful! I met Mindy (MLMohala) at Panera Bread before the meet and greet and we were able to walk over to the theatre together. We got there and a couple of other people were already there, we met them (for the life of me I can't remember their names, but they are on the OFC so they will probably comment on the M&G) anyway we had to tell the gal working for Clay what our names were and at 4 p.m. she took us into the Wilbur theatre and into the first floor area in the back. We all sat on stools up against the wall and got out our items for Clay to sign. The orchestra was tunning up and playing some of the Christmas songs for the show. They were testing the sound, lighting, etc. It was interesting to watch and the music was fantastic! Ben was telling people what he wanted and conducting them. About 20 minutes later Clay walked on stage in sweats and a backpack, but he looked wonderful. He chatted with a couple of the people on stage, took the mike and sang a few bars of Emmanuel and then he walked down the stairs and headed in our direction. I took a deep breath and was ready! He came up and asked our names and went down the row and shook our hands and said he was sorry that he was so late, but he was used to the shows beginning at 8 p.m. and had forgotten that this show started at 7 p.m. We assured him that was fine and that we had enjoyed listening to the orchestra. He preceeded to tell us that at one of the shows the strings section was way off and said we ought to listen to it on youtube! We then got what we wanted to have signed and he signed the copies of his books first, which I brought and I had it turned to the right page.Clay mentioned that before he signed my copy and I told him that was the librarian in me..he smiled and asked my name again to sign the book. He went down the row and there was one other book, a Christmas ornament, a concert ticket and Mindy brought her Kindle, which was neat. She had it opened to his book. After signing everything he had one of the girls who won the auction go down the aisle a little away from the group to have her picture taken with him and then he had the rest of us line up in the aisle for a picture, but it was too crowded so he moved us to another area. We lined up and Clay came and stood behind us and they took two pictures of the group. As soon as the pictures were over Clay got ready to leave and I told him I was so thrilled to get the meet and greet after trying for 9 years and he squeezed my hand and said thank you. Mindy got a chance to tell him it was her first concert ever. Then he left. He is so charismatic and looked wonderful! Love the hair and with the sweats he looked and seemed very comfortable. I think I have everything covered for the meet and greet. Mindy and I went to Teatro's afterwards to meet 7 other Clay fans for dinner. The restaurant was just a little ways away from the theatre and the food was delicious! Around 6:30 we headed up the Wilbur Theatre and got our seats. As everyone else has said that show was terrific, Clay was funny and spot on when he was interacting with the audience. He posed for the people in the front rows to take pictures and one of the girls trying to take a picture said she was having a "hot flash" everyone was laughing including Clay! The music was so beautiful and Clay's voice was unbelievable...can he sing (he needs his own show!) Anyway none of us wanted the show to be over and you are all right it was a rowdy but supportive audience for Clay. We all had so much fun and I wish he would do a Jukebox tour again! Sorry that this was so long! I just enjoyed myself immensely...can you tell?!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #97 on: December 12, 2012, 12:50:49 AM »
From Corabeth at the CC:

Random memories from last night...

One other thing I noticed is that the shiny suit looks much better up close. Later, he had on white socks with black horizontal stripes and he said he looks like the wicked witch of the west when he wears them.

One woman had called her daughter, Julie to hear just one song (I think "Mary Did You Know?"). She hadn't been expecting the call. Clay called her back and she was really ambivalent about talking to him and he just went with it. I don't think she realized how good of a straight man she was for him. He was cracking himself up.

The "What Are You Doing New Year's Eve" men banter added another dimension when he said he knows that there are men who don't want to be here and some guy in the center whooped for that. He asked him what his name was and who he was with. He came with his girlfriend, his cousin and her friend. So when he did the "this is so all you guys can get lucky tonight", he pointed right to the girlfriend and said "except him, I don't want you to give him a thing tonight!".

It's also amazing how he can be so funny and then bam, get into the song. He even tried to calm us down last night by swinging his arms wide and down as if to say "bring it down" and then put his hands in prayer. It was cute. You could see it at the end of that mid show banter clip.

The Stamford audience was rowdy but it was too many fans shouting out to him in a too familiar way as if they had a right to shout to him. The Boston audience was a lot more of everyone having fun and a lot of the people who talked to him weren't the typical fans. Stamford felt like someone standing in front of the television blocking your view during a good movie. Boston felt like a party.

I noticed that there's another Joe who appears to be his crew. I could see him off stage at the beginning. He looks to be in his forties, Hispanic very pleasant man. He was really watching Clay during "All Is Well" and had a big, big smile on his face as he hit the big notes at the end. I liked that, since you had to figure this guy has to see this show every night, yet he looked fully entranced.

His cheekbones cast their own shadows last night.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #98 on: December 12, 2012, 01:07:00 AM »
Scarlett Individual You Tube links For Boston, Cont'd.

Pre-"What Are You Doing New Year's Eve." Hysterical. *g*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGgl8Waoifk...eature=youtu.be

Link can travel.

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #99 on: December 12, 2012, 05:40:59 AM »
Just watched that. Very funny.  :D

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #100 on: December 12, 2012, 09:05:49 AM »
Scarlett You Tube Boston Link:

"Remember The Lyrics" Contest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWVY44s1P1o

Link can travel

Sasha

• Claymaniac
« Reply #101 on: December 14, 2012, 01:46:41 PM »
What a great concert....   when we thought Clay was done he came out again near me and Cheryl, we walked in the isle in near him when he was singing, i tried getting a better picture but my hands were shaking.  here are some from the concert.

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #102 on: December 14, 2012, 02:51:40 PM »
Very nice Sasha. Thanks! ;D

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  JNT 2012  |  12/9/12-BOSTON, MA-WILBUR THEATRE

gfxgfx
gfx