gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229519 Posts in 2574 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay March 28, 2024, 03:25:46 PM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  JNT 2012  |  12/1/12-ATLANTIC CITY-TRUMP TAJ MAJAL
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 12/1/12-ATLANTIC CITY-TRUMP TAJ MAJAL  (Read 24405 times)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
12/1/12-ATLANTIC CITY-TRUMP TAJ MAJAL
« on: August 29, 2012, 08:54:06 PM »
December 1st, 2012--Trump Taj Mahal-Mark G. Etess Arena-Atlantic City, NJ

Venue: Trump Taj Mahal-Mark G. Etess Arena
Time: 8:00PM Eastern
Tickets:  Ticketmaster presale: 8-30-12 at 10:00 am eastern
Public Sale:   Saturday Sept 1, Noon
FROM OFC:
We are pleased to announce that Clay's show in Atlantic City, NJ at Trump Taj Mahal on December 1st will be having an OFC presale 8/30 at 10am EST. To purchase tickets through this fan club presale, simply log into your fan club account and visit the event page. You will see options to purchase tickets on that page.

Venue website: http://www.trumptaj.com/entertainment-clubs/venues.cfm
Venue Capacity: 5000
Address: 1000 Boardwalk, Atlantic City, NJ 08401
Phone:
Seating Chart:

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
Re: 12/1/12-ATLANTIC CITY-TRUMP TAJ MAJAL
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 11:25:49 PM »
Holiday Greetings from Clay
Singer Clay Aiken rides his sleigh full of Christmas cheer to the Trump Taj Mahal

By Ed Condran   
Posted Nov. 28, 2012

Christmas apparently isn’t as cool as it once was with recording artists. ?There are considerably less holiday albums released these days as there were a generation ago.

?But Clay Aiken reaches for Christmas music at this time of year. The pop artist doesn’t care if Christmas isn’t cool.

?“That doesn’t matter to me because I’m not cool either,” Aiken tells Atlantic City Weekly while calling from New York where he is taping a segment for the Dr. Oz show. “I can see why Christmas isn’t cool. It can be schmaltzy and cheesy but that’s fine for my personality. That’s why I’m out on another Christmas tour. I love it.

”?The American Idol alum (class of 2003, runner-up to A.I. champ Ruben Studdard), will perform Saturday, Dec. 1, at the Trump Taj Mahal. ?

Aiken says he will tour behind Christmas music each year in perpetuity. ?“I’m going to do it annually since I hope to become the next Andy Williams,” Aiken says. “I don’t think anyone else wants to be the contemporary Christmas artist and that’s alright with me. I would love to be able to be known as the Christmas artist.

”?Expect Aiken, who will be backed by an orchestra, to belt out an array of Christmas classics. Such seasonal favorites as “Winter Wonderland,” “Joy to the World” and “Silent Night,” which are on Aiken’s 2004 release Merry Christmas With Love, will be rendered.?“I had the greatest time making that album,” Aiken says. “From that point on, I knew I wanted to be a part of the holiday season every year. You don’t have to see me the rest of the year.

”?Well, Aiken is just kidding. “You’ll hear plenty of my non-Christmas albums in the upcoming years,” he says. ?But expect much of Aiken’s future material to be retro. Aiken was born too late and he knows it. The pop singer would have been perfectly at home during the 1960s singing hits from legendary Brill Building songwriters such as Neil Diamond, Carole King and Neil Sedaka.?

Aiken revels in singing love songs from a bygone era.?“Breaking Up Is Hard To Do,” penned by the aforementioned Sedaka, Henry Mancini’s “Moon River” and Roy Orbison’s “Crying” is some of the tunes Aiken loves to croon.

?“I have to agree with [the] ‘born too late’ line,” Aiken says. “I just hope it’s not ‘born too late, died too soon.’ I think my voice fits those songs from the ’60s and ’70s and I just love those songs. They are wonderful songs from a wonderful period. I feel like I relate to the songs from that period.

”?That’s why it was so uncomfortable watching the post-Idol Aiken be dressed up by the corporate machine into something he isn’t. You couldn’t help but wince watching Aiken in a leather jacket.?

“I think it’s so important to stay in your own lane,” Aiken says. “When I put out my first two albums, they were dressing me up like I was going to be the next Justin Timberlake or how Justin Bieber looks today. That image just doesn’t work for me. But there is a type of music that works for me, it’s Christmas music."

”?Is it just a coincidence that Aiken is performing at Donald Trump’s Taj Mahal after he finished second last spring on The Donald’s NBC hit The Apprentice?

?“That’s a funny thing, isn’t it?” Aiken offers. “I had a great time on the show. It was very hard work. We worked 18 hours a day, but it was all worth it for the experience. I enjoyed working on Lisa Lampanelli’s team. She is so hardcore and we have a similar absurd sense of humor. It was a challenge every day. I had a project to do that I could take ownership of. It was great. I enjoyed being around Arsenio Hall and Donald Trump was wonderful.

”?When American Idol alum precedes Aiken’s name, he can’t help but chuckle. ?“It’s been so long since I was on American Idol that I look through binoculars to see it,” Aiken says.

?“It’s been 10 years, but I appreciate the opportunity the show gave me. The show has gone through quite a few changes since I was on. Simon [Cowell] is gone and so is Paula [Abdul] and Randy [Jackson]. They were great judges, but they had to move on and the show is moving on. It’s still doing well.

ATLANTIC CITY WEEKLY

THERE IS VIDEO WITH THIS ARTICLE
ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2012, 09:24:50 AM »
Enjoy him serenading you tonight Marilyn.  ;D Also I think Jill, Gwenn, Philly and Irene are going too. Micki also.

woodstock854

• Claymaniac
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2012, 10:09:37 AM »
What a great article!  I am happy to know there will be a lot more music coming!

Have a great time, gals!!!
It is nice to be important, but it is more important to be nice.  - John Cassis

mii

• Claymaniac
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2012, 12:52:11 PM »
The videos in the above article are from Clay's TV Christmas special.  I haven't watched these in ages.  Thank you for reminding me of them.  That is Clay at his best IMO.

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2012, 05:12:59 PM »
The Winter Sweet thing is starting soon.

weet from the Boardwalk..

Joyful Noise 2012 ?@M2MEee

The stage on #AC boardwalk where @clayaiken will perform at 545pm #WinterSweet #ACPress pic.twitter.com/ZoSF6Gfi

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2012, 05:32:05 PM »
    Gina Marie Lugo ?@ginamlugo

#AC #STANDBY 5:30 opening of the #WinterSweet holiday lights in Atlantic City #ACSTANDBY

Marshall ?@mubma

Warming up the stage for @clayaiken pic.twitter.com/7ITo2pu3

Do Atlantic City ?@VisitAC

The stage is set for the Winter Sweet debut. Appearances by @clayaiken and remarks by @mayorAC

Berman Travel ?@bermantravel It's Saturday Night what are you doing? Clay Aiken is launching the new 3D show at Boardwalk Hall at 6pm. We're going to the Irish Pub at 11

The crowd gathers on AC Boardwalk @clayaiken #wintersweet pic.twitter.com/nbP48TOH

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2012, 06:18:45 PM »

QUOTE (dancermom2 @ Dec 1 2012, 05:53 PM) *
Clay is here, he arrived in a little golf cart.

Another tweet about Light Show..

Our friend @clayaiken is counting down to Winter Sweet pic.twitter.com/vlf2kH7i

Blurry but @clayaiken opening the light show pic. twitter.com/wEOnphru

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2012, 06:32:56 PM »
    @ACWeekly ”?Will Aiken ever do another reality show?

?“I think I’ve done enough of those shows, don’t you?” Aiken says with a laugh. “I’m just happy doing this. I love to sing and to be on tour and to make albums. I’m right where I want to be. Right now is extra special since I get to do what I love most, which is to sing these Christmas songs every night.

?“Right now, I don’t think I would change a thing. Everything is going very well.”

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2012, 06:54:50 PM »
Black and white sweater jeans and gorgeous. He started the light show and spoke. There is a ton of video takers here.

Our friend @clayaiken is counting down to Winter Sweet pic.twitter.com/vlf2kH7i

https://twitter.com/VisitAC/status/27501224...4872064/photo/1

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2012, 07:03:04 PM »
amra ?@Tamra4444
I just met @clayaiken I'm pretty much on cloud 9 #PerfectMoment pic.twitter.com/ven2mrgn

Awesome picture:
https://twitter.com/Tamra4444/status/275023...2589184/photo/1

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2012, 07:23:13 PM »
Several tweets from a fan going to the show tonight..

Tara Delany ?@that_tara_girl

Literally the only thing that got me through this week was knowing I was going to see @clayaiken in concert tonight #foreverafan

I forgot that the Taj Mahal was owned by Trump until I got here. @clayaiken

Almost fell on the ground when I saw that @clayaiken retweeted me

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2012, 07:24:19 PM »
From deemer at the venue......    

Wow OFC pre sale seats are poor. Stage is at 103. Sections104/105 are to the left of END of the stage

Goldarngirl found out pics no flash is OK acc to ushers   

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2012, 07:34:01 PM »
Pi Kapp at Samford ?@su_pikapp
Just got @clayaiken to play at our formal!!!! #BESTNEWSEVERRRRRR!!!

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2012, 07:42:33 PM »
band is warming up. ben walked on stage. The loudspeakers playing muppets and Andy Williams Christmas songs

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  JNT 2012  |  12/1/12-ATLANTIC CITY-TRUMP TAJ MAJAL

gfxgfx
gfx