gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229868 Posts in 2575 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay April 19, 2024, 03:12:07 AM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  JNT 2012  |  11/29/12-DURHAM, NC-NC DURHAM PERFORMING ARTS CENTER
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 11/29/12-DURHAM, NC-NC DURHAM PERFORMING ARTS CENTER  (Read 26129 times)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
Re: 11/29/12-DURHAM, NC-NC DURHAM PERFORMING ARTS CENTER
« Reply #75 on: November 30, 2012, 12:56:44 AM »
Scarlett clips from Durham:

Downloadable mpg(s) link:

https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0BwNYwUaGA...GRYam9SaWs/edit

You Tube links:

"Merry Christmas With Love."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydWl7qH8jvk...eature=youtu.be

All links can travel.
ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #76 on: November 30, 2012, 06:56:15 AM »
What Are You Doing New Year's Eve" at Durham.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQ4pyQlujTw...eature=youtu.be

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #77 on: November 30, 2012, 07:01:27 AM »
BRIGHTSTAR AT CV

What an amazing night! Clay was happy, relaxed, and as vocally perfect as I have ever heard him. Tonight was about The Voice. His voice was mellow, smooth, and rich. It was butter, it was honey. It was a warm hug, it was a soft caress, it was a soaring triumph. It was love, praise, and joy. During the soft, moving moments, the crowd was absolutely silent, entranced. You could have heard a pin drop.
The concert was more than I could have asked for, yet it wasn't nearly enough. I need to have that voice in my life forever.

It was my only concert, which makes me a bit sad, but I'm grateful it was this one. I bet Clay is very pleased that he performed so well tonight, and I'm sure he's going to have a fabulous birthday.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #78 on: November 30, 2012, 07:04:39 AM »
Scarlett clips from Durham.

"The First Noel" Banter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qo29hK4L910

"The First Noel."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vm1n7Wyn9wc

"Remember The Lyrics" Contest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuMyQyKBLzQ

Quiana, "Where Are You Christmas."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vh_bgt6zMQY

"My Grown Up Christmas List."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rTCMsJml60...eature=youtu.be

"Sentimental Medley."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjLhaUYS9xY

"Don't Save It All For Christmas Day."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUOAflRsbws...eature=youtu.be

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #79 on: November 30, 2012, 07:06:08 AM »
CLAYANN AT CV

Brightstar described tonight perfectly. I honestly have never heard a concert where his voice was so perfect. I have listened and watched many videos from this tour ,but I had no idea how very good the show was. I loved everything about it. The audience listened with sheer amazement like they were witnessing an artist reach pure perfection. There wasn't a boring moment, the pace was enjoyable, and I loved the stories. This concert rates up as one of his very best. I feel like I have been given a happy pill. What a night!

I love how he recognized his fans and told how caring we are. I know he appreciates us. It was great to see Quiana.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #80 on: November 30, 2012, 12:42:26 PM »
HAPPYCLAYDAY AT CV

Last night was amazing. My mom and I went to dinner with mummfums and FearofH20. Faye, Aunt Francine and Clay's grandmother were eating there with some other folks. I had the pleasure of meeting Lucia in the lobby at the DPAC. She is a sweet lady! The concert was absolutely amazing from the first note to the last. When Clay started singing "All Is Well" I could hear my mom moaning. His voice is so spectacular! One of the funniest moments to me was when he called Quiana up onstage. She had on these ridiculously high heels and some snug black pants. I thought she looked wonderful....Clay said something to the effect of she looked like she belonged on the corner on Harrison Street. I was watching the orchestra during his bantering moments and they were really enjoying it....laughing right along with all of us. It was an awesome evening.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #81 on: November 30, 2012, 12:43:18 PM »
TWEET FROM THE DRUMMER:

Joe Choroszewski ?@DrummingJoeNYC
Flying home for the day off, before the Atlantic City show. It is a RAW hour to be awake. RDU-PHL. Can't wait to see the little guy!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #82 on: November 30, 2012, 12:46:28 PM »
FEAROFH20 AT CV

Clay knocked the socks off of his audience in Durham last night. He rocked, he crooned, he prayed and then sang the most glorius power notes ever to rip the roof off the building. In my ten years of fandom I have never heard him sing like this. I am so fortunate to be able to go to a few more concerts. There is absolutely no way he can top this performance unless he sings an opera, performing all the roles.

When Clay asked how many people were there to see him for the first time there was a good amount of applause despite this being his hometown area. I couldn't give any NJU reports because sitting in the third row I knew everyone around me. I did hear an usher saying that she hoped we enjoyed the concert as she thought it was very good. We hurried out as we had a 2 hour drive home.

Clay would look in the wings and laugh at some of the comments he made, leading to me to think he had friends on the stage who might not have seen him this tour. I remember in a few tours where I had up front seats, that when the lights dimmed Clay would go from smiling to all about the business, I didn't see this last night. He is one happy man. Ten years after his first appearance on the National scene, he can still wow his fans and the rest of the audience.

He mentioned that he had more men in the front row than he usually sees at his shows. Asking each one of the three men up front if they were forced to come each said no, including one whose wife said she wanted to go with her girlfriends but he insisted on going with her. One man had his young daughter with him, who ended up on stage singing the Christmas song selected from the tub, a bowl topped by a pathetic little, bent, purple tree. She was very young, beautifully dressed and tottering on heels as if she has never worn them before. Meagan proceeded to select the "Little Drummer Boy" and she and Quiana sang it together. Clay pretended to be upset at her winning the prize but gave her a little hug at the end to show he was kidding. Very cute moment.

Quiana's appearance was another nice moment as she and Clay had planned a big appearance which misfired when the cue was missed and he ended up having to pull her out of the audience. She was dressed very au currant and had a new hairdo, the sides were very short and looked like a buzz cut and the top was very tall and colored a reddish blonde. It looked really good on her. Her voice was as good as ever. I love how they have remained so close over all these 10 years. I am sure it was bittersweet moment with them not touring together for the first time.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #83 on: November 30, 2012, 12:50:51 PM »
COTTON AT CV:

After the show last night we ran into 3 absolutely pure Virgins! They saw some of us, of course, emerging from the rest room and asked if we were Claymaniacs.
We saw no we were just really good Clay fans!

They are from the area and had never seen Clay. Watched him on idol.
One of the ladies with the Fire Dept. The venue had messed up tickets to a different show and offered JNT free as a apology. They hesitated but decided to go. One wanted to stay home and nap! LOL!
From All is Well they were TOAST!
They expected him to sit on a stool and croon all night! Did NOT expect The Entertainer!

They were bowled over by his stage presence, humorous and sense of fun as well as his Voice!

Said they would go see him again.

Three More Bite the Dust!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #84 on: November 30, 2012, 12:52:44 PM »
MUMM FUMMS AT CV

I'm not good at reports but I HAVE to try to write something about last night. Maybe because he was home and it's his birthday or the air and the moon were just right (beautiful moon over the theater last evening)but he was absolutely amazing! He truly is a gift from God to all of us! His voice was topnotch and, of course, front and center for the entire show. Nothing new to us, but I was just mesmerized by his hands last night. Probably the closest seat I will ever have and my wish is for every fan to be able to experience him from the view I had last evening.

The stories fit into the program well and lead into his song choice perfectly. You can tell that they were thoughtfully chosen and planned. I did not think they "sucked the air out of the room" after the jazzy medley. Actually gave me a chance to catch my breath after that amazing ride!

The orchestra was also very good. The banter before The First Noel took a whole new meaning when seeing this performance live as the entire brass section stood when they played the marvelous ending to that song. Breathtaking.

What a wonderful surprise to see Quiana last night! She did a beautiful job on Where are you Christmas.

I love Ben Cohn.

Sorry I messed up DrummingJoe's name, but I tried. LOL! I'm never one to volunteer but Clay was right in front of me on the stage and for some reason my had just went up.

Drove home on a cloud and slept like a baby.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #85 on: November 30, 2012, 01:57:57 PM »
Scarlett Durham Clips Con't.

"All Year Long," Partial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82SnWsVP8No

"Oh Holy Night."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAJ5SHsWIP8

"Don't Save It All For Christmas Day," Banter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kR-kNwWTvBc

"All Is Well." No words can describe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHQawd4LLM4

All links can travel.

WilsonClaymate

• Enthusiastic
  • The way you make me feel
« Reply #86 on: November 30, 2012, 03:59:23 PM »
Hi Everyone -- Just got back from Raleigh and a fantastic show last night.  I am not a very good writer but here is what I remember.  First of all, I do not think the M & G are the same this year as they have been in year's past.  I was glad I got this one but a lot of things like "the Aiken Fog", etc. are not as noticeable with the current set up.

We had to be at the Box Office at 5:00 and wait until we were called.  There were actually 3 different M & G's going on at the same time--the one from the OFC, one from e-Bay and I think the other was from the NIP.

Right at 5:00 Clay's Floor Manager came with a list and checked to make sure we all belonged there.  Then all three groups were lead upstairs to the Main Floor of the venue, where we were seated in one of the rows at the back of the auditorium.  The lights on the stage were very dim so weren't able to see anything but the Orchestra and Clay's back.  They were trying to get the timing of the songs in the medleys down correctly.  All I could see of Clay was like a shadow but when he opened his mouth and started singing, his voice absolutely filled up that empty auditorium.  His voice was as clear and strong as I think I have ever heard it.  He sang a few more phrases, then walked down in the auditorium and looked at the setup on the stage and went back up on the stage.  A very short while later he came back off the stage but that time he walked up the aisle where we were setting.

He had on a navy blue Yale hoodie and yellow pajama pants.  His hair was just like it was in the show.  He seemed very relaxed and happy.

He stood in the row facing us and walked down the row shaking everyone's hand and asking our names and where we were from.  Then he asked if we had items to be signed to get them ready.  Things went pretty well until one of the women decided she was going to monopolize the conversation and wouldn't let anyone else get a word in.  I think Clay was not real pleased but, being the gentleman he is, he tried to cut her off but she did not take the hint.

As soon as he finished signing items, he said it was time for pictures--the OFC was in a group picture, the other two had individual pictures.  I was not standing real close to Clay because we were staggered to be able to get in two rows.  He put his arm around my shoulder so, as any good Clay fan would do, I put my arm around his waist  ;D.   Here is where the fog came in, because even right now I cannot tell you whether I was looking at the camera or not.

After the pictures he said "thank you" and started walking toward to stage.  As he was walking I wished him a Happy Birthday and he looked over his shoulder and said thanks.  There were no questions asked at all. 

I know that most of you have probably read the reports of last night's show and I can assure you they are all correct.  His voice was great.  The thing that I remember the most was on several of the slow, tender songs the audience was absolutely dead quiet.  If Clay had not been singing you could have heard a pin drop.  I think the fans came away feeling they had just seen Clay at his best and the new people have a whole new respect for him.  I think he got some new fans last night.

I am so glad I was there.
"For me he's not a hobby, he's not an obsession, he's a joy, something that makes me happy..."    ~cc777

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #87 on: November 30, 2012, 04:39:19 PM »
Great recap Barb! I'm so happy for you. Seemed quick but sorry you couldn't asked a question and how rude of that girl. But I am sure you will never forget it.  Did they say when you will get your pic? Can't wait to see.  ;D Glad you enjoyed the show too. Saw some clack and he sounded wonderful.

mimi

• Enthusiastic
« Reply #88 on: November 30, 2012, 08:07:23 PM »
It was the most wonderful experience I have had the privilege to witness. Wow!

We ate at Tyler's and Faye and all the family members came in and were seated close to us. I went to the restroom and Faye was coming out but Clays GM and aunt were still there. I told his GM "I love your grandson"and she said how did you know Clay was my GS?I explained I had seen her at the RBC Center when Clay sang Star of Bethelem.  I told her I would love to hear him sing it again, and she said, he won't., he hates Blue Grass. She went on to say she keeps telling him he needs to record a Gospel Album, and he tells her its never gonna happen.
Forgive your enemies...it messes with their head.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #89 on: November 30, 2012, 09:06:51 PM »
Thanks Barb and Mimi for your reports. Tomorrow its my turn!

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  JNT 2012  |  11/29/12-DURHAM, NC-NC DURHAM PERFORMING ARTS CENTER

gfxgfx
gfx