gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229510 Posts in 2574 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay March 28, 2024, 04:10:01 AM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  JNT 2012  |  12/15/2012 ST. CHARLES, IL - ARCADA THEATER
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 12/15/2012 ST. CHARLES, IL - ARCADA THEATER  (Read 31257 times)

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
Re: 12/15/2012 ST. CHARLES, IL - ARCADA THEATER
« Reply #105 on: December 15, 2012, 11:42:23 PM »
Night Barb as well. Have fun and looking forward to hearing about it.

Looking forward to reading what Woody and Thea thought too. Hope we get clack.

See the rest of you tomorrow. 4 shows left.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #106 on: December 16, 2012, 01:28:17 AM »
DEEMER AT CV

so all4luv, they called the Kmart and had a long time ringing and finally someone answered and the person told him to call you at home. He joked that he was going to tell everyone to go to Wal-mart instead. He was sooooo cute waiting for the answer and telling us all to be quiet for the start of the call so he could surprise you. Even if you didn't talk with him, you still have this moment with him, we were all listening for you, including Clay.

There was a big glitch when one of the speakers was acting up with a loud noise. someone came out and gave Clay another mic but he went back and apparently got them to turn the speaker off. I am sure tomorrow we will hear more of it in his banter!

He very seriously and kindly said some words for the children lost and asked us to have a moment of silence before GUCL, which was very appropriate and thoughtful. Unfortunately, the room next door had a loud band and they kept opening/closing the door and each time the band could be loudly heard. One of the ladies in the audience who goes to Arcada a lot says that bar band does not usually start until after the concerts. But, probably with the delayed start they unfortunately overlapped and those of us over at that side near that door could hear that during the last 1/2 h of the show. I don't know why the guard/usher didn't make sure the door was kept closed.

Anyhow, venue problems aside, Clay was wonderful and his glory notes were very strong and *glorious * . the lady next to me who was a fan during idol but has never seen him in concert before was saying that the albums do not do him justice, don't capture what we heard live, she thought his voice was amazing and he is so quick (in the banter), she does not know why she didn't see him before
ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #107 on: December 16, 2012, 01:29:15 AM »
ALL4LUV@CV

I'm, trying to catch up from the evening. Silly, but my personal "glitch" tonight is part of the Clay humor in the concert.

My concert buddy was so sad, like many of us, that Detroit was cancelled. So sad that her BF surprised her with tix to St. Charles. I had to work (at Kmart!). He somehow managed to get them in the front row, center and there the story begins. Clay saw her phone, does his schtick about the phone and asks her to call me. So she calls me at Kmart. I left there at 745 EST so I was not there, I was home and probably in the shower...WTF? I have this garbled message on my answering machine and I know it's Clay but I need a forensic scientist to ungarble it!! WTF?!! He wanted to talk to me!! I've gotta find out who answered that phone at work. The gal who took my place knows I love him like a member of my family. I don't think I would have choked if I had answered the phone. Why didn't I get some kind of intuition that something special would happen? I just can't think about it too much. But I will! And I should be trying to sleep cuz I have to get up at 4am for work and its 1230am!! I guess he asked her why I wasn't there if I was such a fan. WELL.........cuz I have to work and I never call off and I'm very responsible and now I just hate being responsible!! These great things always happen off the cuff. I just hope that there is another time in my fandom that he will say my name.

I'm now crying about this, crying about those sweet little angels from CT and watching White Xmas for the third time tonight. What a night!!!!!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #108 on: December 16, 2012, 01:29:56 AM »
CANUCK AT CV
The concert was spectacular, with incredibly funny moments mixed in with incredibly moving moments.

So many snafus with feedback that Clay finally stormed backstage and unplugged the speaker. We were laughing so hard that it hurt.

His speech in honor of the murdered children was moving, articulate and sobering, followed by "My Grown Up Christmas List" . Just impossible not to be moved.

Right at the start of the concert, Clay said "welcome to the Fischer Price Theater" it was hysterical.

I'm going to write more but we had guests and I.ll do more later.

I love him beyond reason and it lived up to my every expectation.

His body is scrumptious.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #109 on: December 16, 2012, 01:32:05 AM »
THANKFUL4CLAY @CV
Only took two videos tonight. Uploaded to YouTube:

Emmanuel - St. Charles

"My Grown Up Christmas List" - St. Charles

(CLAY GIVES SPEECH AT BEGINNING OF MGUCL AND ASKS FOR A MOMENT OF SILENCE)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 01:52:50 AM by Marilyn »

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #110 on: December 16, 2012, 01:35:14 AM »
FROM THANKFUL4CLAY@CV

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #111 on: December 16, 2012, 01:39:43 AM »
TONI7BABE@CV

OMG!!! HE WAS SOOOOOOOOOO FABULOUS TONIGHT!!

AND
He looked f*cking gorgeous!!

EEEEEEEEEEEE! Home from the concert!!!!!!!

Got to get some thoughts together...but we had a great time. Michele (my sister) loved the show and all my CV friends here were so sweet and kind to her. I love you guys. It was so great to see so many from CV tonight. I had the best time .

OMG we had perfect seats...just perfect. 2nd row pit seats 1&2 right behind the loverly yakenlle and canuck!!!

Dinner before with lindylo, Nancella and deemer!! it so great spending time with y'all!

Clay was hysterical all night. The theatre was like it was spooked, lights going on and off, micrphones humming, noise from next door, strange noise from the speakers. Didn't effect the songs really...more when he was talking and boy did he go with it. OMG hysterical he was.

At one point he said something like the secular part of the show is over soon, thank god cause I wanna cuss....not exact words but something like that it was so funny!!!

But all the sound and light problems for ME sorta just added to the show cause it gave him jokes and he was so funny!!!

He also mentioned Kelly getting engaged tonight.

He talked about the shooting in Ct and asked for a moment of silence it was so touching.

I am just rambling here

At one point (my highlight for the night) he looked right at me during some banner when I was taking pics and he dropped the microphone down from his face and looked into my camera and posed with a goofy smile. Awwwwwwww! I hope the pic came out. Gotta find it on one of my memory cards

EEEEEEEE Great night!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #112 on: December 16, 2012, 01:40:48 AM »
CANUCK2010@CV

Ben was playing on the very first piano built. ............ anywhere on earth.

The members of the orchestra were amazing considering they hadn't finished puberty . Lol. They loved Clay and were laughing.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #113 on: December 16, 2012, 01:43:58 AM »
BEAGLE3@CV

I've driven by this theatre many times over the years but this was the first time I've ever been inside. Let's just say it's very old and not in the best condition.

And I'm not sure why they removed a good portion of the theatre seating in the middle section and replaced it with an odd assortment of chairs that had us crammed in like sardines.

Considering all of the technical problems tonight, Clay never sounded better.

By far the most moving moment of the evening was the minute of silence to remember the Connecticut shooting victims followed by My Grown Up Christmas List. I will never forget it.

And I cannot wait to hear the banter tomorrow night in Milwaukee......I believe Clay will have some things to say about the Arcada Theatre

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #114 on: December 16, 2012, 01:46:13 AM »

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #115 on: December 16, 2012, 01:48:41 AM »
THANKFUL4CLAY@CV

Back from the concert. It started almost half an hour late and there were sound problems most of the night. I don't think he will ever play that venue again.

The minute of silence before "My Grown Up Christmas List" was very emotional. I have video and will try to get that posted. The internet here is pretty slow, so cross your fingers.

Our seats were incredibly close. They placed chairs in front of the regular seats. The venue was pretty much a dump. I felt that the crowd was good but not great.

I thought the person who tried to guess Joe's name had it right. I'll have to find the video where Clay actually said it.

I really enjoyed watching his hands. It's like he's conducting his voice.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #116 on: December 16, 2012, 02:01:41 AM »
FROM SHENANDOAH2@CLAYBOARD

OMG, OMG, OMG!! Back from the show in Easton!! That was ME he picked to try to pronounce Joe's name!!!!! I was so shocked when he looked at me that I looked around to see who else he could've been talking to! LOL!! So when he said "in the red blouse", I thought....uh-oh, that's me!!! I've been a fan since Day One and he finally spoke to me! I'm in Heaven!!

The show was so great!! It was a very small venue, but very nice.......the people were all very nice and it really made the evening so intimate and special. Clay's voice was OMG Perfect, except for one note that the person next to me didn't seem to miss. All of the long notes were dead on!! He looked great, he was funny........especially with Linda and her daughter-in-law, Lisa. There were quite a few people there from Easton, which surprised me. I am sooo glad!!!

The orchestra was perfect. They had to squeeze in front of us and under the step railing to get up on the stage, it's so small in there. But the one guy stopped and talked to the ladies behind us, telling them what a great guy Clay is and how much fun sound check was. He sounded like he thought Clay should be filling up large venues, which we all know is true!!! Yes, he should. He has so much talent!!!!!!

The lady that went on stage to sing, I think she was a little tipsy, but she was funny. She didn't want to go on stage at first. But then she didn't want to leave......He reached for the mic and she took a step backward and kept on singing! We all helped her out for a bit. She picked the lottery ticket from Ben's pocket.

The guy who shouted out that he was robbed on "Celebrity Apprentice" got a huge applause!! They were from the Bronx. There seemed to be a lot of NJU in the audience!

I think Scarlett was in the second row, when Clay sat on the stage during his song......so she was very close. I can't wait for the vids on this one!! Between his wit, the audience responses, and the VOICE!! 

Can't think of much else. Time for bed.........if I can sleep!!!   

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #117 on: December 16, 2012, 02:55:13 AM »
MARHAVEN@CV

OK, the Arcadia Theatre in St Charles Illinois is absolutely the funniest place on earth. The building has a mind of its own. It's like it has poltergeists. The lights go up, the lights go down, the mike hums and gurgles. Clay made it one hilarious comedy act. My sides hurt from laughing so much. He was in fine voice and did a wonderful job. The venue reminded me of that place in Tx or Okl years ago - which Quiana said had ghosts. There was an old, old, old organ where an old, old, old man sat and played before the concert. When it was time for the concert the organ dropped into the floor. Thank goodness, it was right in front of my great seat. The old, old man went down into the floor with the organ and another old, old man came out and helped him out of the pit. I DO NOT think they were real, I think the old, old organist was a ghost of vaudeville past. Then we were entertained by Dean Martin music while the promoter ? owner? used car salesman? attempted to get the building working properly so Clay could go on. Needless to say, after being delayed a half hour or so the opening bit with the cassette player became elongated and filled with lots of eye rolling, etc. Then he nailed All is Well.

Clay did a moment of silence for the kids in Conn right before he sang My Grown Up Christmas List. Needed a hanky for sure. Very moving. OMG, I hope we have clack of the chain across the stairs bit. Comedy gold. So much funny stuff. Did I mention he sang beautifully even though nothing in the theatre seemed to work right? LOL. He was a bright, shiny penny - every song was beautiful and in between the banter was hilarious,. I enjoyed myself immensely, but I bet he and Ben had a stiff drink after.

He even called it "the building" once - when he said he wanted to do the moment of silence he said "If the building will let us" (not exact).

eta: And, no....the building did NOT cooperate

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #118 on: December 16, 2012, 02:57:59 AM »
DEEMER@CV

What is the chain across the stairs bit?

they had this tiny flight of stairs up to the stage and had this chain across it, apparently showing it was closed to audience members. Well, when the gal (for Lyrics game) came up she stepped right over it and the guard then came to open it and Clay asked what it was for and apparently he said security. It hung down so far that it was nearly against the step and the gal had no trouble stepping over it so Clay was saying what was it protecting him from? ants? [/size]   

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #119 on: December 16, 2012, 03:00:21 AM »
IMSNOQUEEN@CV

Returned from the concert, and I have to say...this is one I'll remember for a long time.

The night was fraught with technical difficulties and just funny stuff. We arrived at the theatre at about 7:30, and were surprised to hear someone in front of the stage playing an organ! The organ was blocking part of the stage on my side, but I'm happy to report that, at showtime, the organ (and the man playing it) were lowered into the floor. Then they started piping in Dean Martin music. I love Dean Martin, but it all became a bit comical, then somewhat annoying, since the show ended up starting about 1/2 hour late. I think it started late because they were having sound problems.

Whomever was running the lights seemed to be having some problems as well. Late in the show, the sound problems reoccurred, or got worse, to the point that Clay had to wait for a resolution. Eventually he pulled the plug on one of the speakers, and he seemed to be getting pretty annoyed, as it went beyond what one would expect at a professional show. He made a point of saying that it was not his crew.

In the last 10-15 minutes of the show, I started to hear band music from a neighboring club. This was especially distracting during the "moment of silence" Clay called for, after he spoke briefly about the school shooting in Connecticut.

Things that made me laugh:
When we entered the theater and passed the concession stand, I heard someone ask if they were allowed to bring liquor into the theater. The bartender said, "we encourage it". Too funny.

When the speakers started making weird noises, at first Clay said "excuse me," as if he had expelled gas, Then, after the noises continued, he said that we would have to wait for the tugboat to pass. That was hilarious because the noise did sound like a tugboat. It's when the "toots" became louder and more prolonged that it went a bit too far.

Another funny: when Clay called a young lady onstage to try to sing a Christmas song, security rushed to assist her as she was walking up the stairs. Clay noticed there was a thick chain on the stage, at the top of the steps. He lifted the chain, for the audience to see. It looked like it had a red tie on it. He asked Security, "was is this for?" Security said, "It's to keep you safe." Clay said, as only Clay can say it......"From what?" It was so funny. He kept the laughter going as he mentioned that the girl had simply stepped over the chain and nothing happened. Then he did a big stepping motion, like he was stepping over a chain. It was pretty ridiculous....not sure how that chain would keep him safe, unless it was part of a booby-trap designed to snare someone trying to rush the stage.

Despite the technical difficulties, it was a fun night. Clay sounded especially good on the low notes (there were lots of them) and the power belts. Standout songs for me were All is Well, "Don't Save It All For Christmas Day", and the upbeat songs.

It was a full house, and I think even a last row balcony seat would have been a good seat.

Clay looks really good, thinner to the point that some of his pants look baggy. Not that I was looking that much.

I sure am glad I was able to get to the St. Charles concert, after debating what to do, after the Detroit concert was cancelled.

Thanks, Clay, for making me laugh and for singing your butt off.
[/color]

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  JNT 2012  |  12/15/2012 ST. CHARLES, IL - ARCADA THEATER

gfxgfx
gfx