gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229531 Posts in 2574 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay March 29, 2024, 07:34:00 AM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Aiken News Network (ANN)  |  2003 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK NOVEMBER 14
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 2003 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK NOVEMBER 14  (Read 2016 times)

fhmmany2

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
2003 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK NOVEMBER 14
« on: March 25, 2010, 11:37:54 AM »
]       

Author  Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK NOVEMBER 14  (Read 822 times) 

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

AIKEN NEWS NETWORK NOVEMBER 14
« on: November 14, 2003, 09:09:13 AM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"All TV bits Can original "American Idol" champ Kelly Clarkson take on a field of belters from around the globe? We'll find out on Christmas and New Year's Day, when Fox presents the two-part special "World Idol," featuring performances by Clarkson and champs of various international editions of the "Idol" franchise. Given the rabid nature of his fans, I'm betting Clay Aiken could beat all the foreign singers combined. "

LINK

Report to moderator    Logged 

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2003, 09:13:16 AM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mediabase Airplay Numbers:

STATS: CHR/POP
DATE: THURSDAY, 11/13/03
TIME: 1:05 PM PST
SONG: INVISIBLE
Chart_Rank_TW: 23
Chart_Rank_LW: 29
Chart_Spins_TW: 2591
Chart_Spins_LW: 1937
Jump_Move: +654
Jump_Stations_playing: 122

STATS: AC
Chart_Rank_TW: 17
Chart_Rank_LW: 17
Chart_Spins_TW: 910
Chart_Spins_LW: 709
Jump_Move: +201
Jump_Stations_playing: 91

STATS: HOT AC
Chart_Rank_TW: N/A
Chart_Rank_LW: N/A
Chart_Spins_TW: N/A
Chart_Spins_LW: N/A
Taking_off_New_spins: N/A
Taking_off_New_stations: N/A
Jump_Move: +69
Jump_Stations_playing: 20

Spins are up on both AC and CHR/POP!  Rank is up on CHR/POP but holding steady on AC. 

Thanks to AIRPLAY CENTRAL for the numbers!

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2003, 10:45:09 AM »   

Aiken irked by PETA's measure of his manhood
November 14, 2003
BY BILL ZWECKER SUN-TIMES COLUMNIST

Word has it, "American Idol" runner-up and hot recording artist Clay Aiken is achin' to take the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals to court. The singer reportedly is miffed that PETA has concocted a new ad campaign featuring Triumph the Insult Comic Dog with the headline, "Get Neutered -- It Didn't Hurt Clay Aiken.''

The ad, which debuts next week, showcases Triumph wearing a post-operative collar, "enjoying" his ever-present stogie.

While Aiken's publicist declined to comment, a source close to the entertainer tells this column "Clay is very insulted. ... He thinks this is yet another swipe at his sexuality."

Triumph, by the way, will be debuting his new video today on MTV's "TRL."

LINK

GO CLAY!  8)

Triumph is debuting his new 'video' on TRL today?  Please!  I hope it gets 0 votes.

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2003, 02:24:43 PM »   

Speaking of TRL....Have you voted today?

VOTE FOR INVISIBLE ON TRL!

Vote online all day!

You can only call in thirty minutes prior to the show.
TRL starts at 5pm EST, so that means you can call from 4:30pm-5pm EST, and then adjust for your time zone.

The phone number is 1-800-DIAL-MTV (1.800.342.5688)
CALL from 4:30pm - 5:00pm (Eastern)
CALL from 3:30pm - 4:00pm (Central)
CALL from 2:30pm - 3:00pm (Mountain)
CALL from  1:30pm - 2:00pm (Pacific)

If voting by name (option "1") enter 2-5-2 (C-L-A)
If voting by video (option "2") enter 4-6-8 (I-N-V)

Remember, everyone is calling at the same time so don't be
discouraged by a busy signal, you will get through!
You can call and vote THREE times PER PHONE LINE/PER DAY!
IMPORTANT:  The first 10 minutes is the easiest time to get through.

Thanks for voting!

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2003, 02:46:55 PM »   

Clay is mentioned in this review of Josh Groban's new CD:

If only producers would put more faith in their singers' voices to carry an album. First Clive Davis sabotaged Clay Aiken's debut, surrounding the singer with mostly mediocre pop songs and glossy overproduction.

LINK

I consider it a compliment.

outthereforclay
  Miami review
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2003, 03:48:54 PM »   

I do, too, and I wonder....do we know what this reviewer said about MOAM when it debuted?

ANGELA
Enthusiastic

A FAN FROM MASSACHUSETTS SUPPORTING CLAY 110%

Re: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK NOVEMBER 14
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2003, 04:49:57 PM »   

Quote from: Pamela
"All TV bits Can original "American Idol" champ Kelly Clarkson take on a field of belters from around the globe? We'll find out on Christmas and New Year's Day, when Fox presents the two-part special "World Idol," featuring performances by Clarkson and champs of various international editions of the "Idol" franchise. Given the rabid nature of his fans, I'm betting Clay Aiken could beat all the foreign singers combined. "

LINK

I AGREE-CLAY WOULD BEAT ANYONE HANDS DOWN!

"BE HAPPY,TRY YOUR BEST & LET GOD TAKE CARE OF THE REST"
"LIZ, JULIE, JJ & CAROL OUR 4 SHINING ANGELS" "SUPPORTING CLAY 110% SINCE DAY ONE"    "

playingclay
Claymaniac

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2003, 12:33:50 AM »   

World Idol.  It is a bit of a bummer though.  I would like to see World Idol but I really do think I am going to be busy those two days..like... duh.  Is there going to be voting or just a tape summary of people's Idol appearances or...?  I guess I can tape it.

Love my clayshake---warm milk and a couple of scoops of vanilla icecream....especially at bedtime.
Keeper of the wind to blow the shirts up.

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2003, 12:37:51 AM »   

SENSING A PATTERN: If following the chart life of Clay Aiken's "Measure of a Man" on The Billboard 200 has created a sense of déjô vu, there's a good reason. The album debuted at No. 1, remained there for two weeks, then slipped to No. 3 and then fell to No. 8.

Last June, Aiken's single "This Is the Night" debuted at No. 1 on the Hot 100, remained there for two weeks, then slipped to No. 3 and then fell to No. 8.

The pattern is already broken for Aiken's second single, which enters the Hot 100 this week at No. 57. "Invisible" (RCA) is charting solely on airplay, unlike "This Is the Night" which received most of its strength from commercial single sales.

"Invisible" will be released as a commercial single on Dec. 9, backed with the non-album track "Solitaire." Aiken performed that Neil Sedaka song during the second season competition on "American Idol."

LINK

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2003, 12:44:35 AM »   

Letters about MoaM review in Entertainment Weekly:

Redheaded Idol Clay Aiken also generated plenty of heat with missives from fans upset by our review. "David Browne gripes that Measure of a Man sports a song for every occasion including showing support for a friend and reveling in romance," notes Lauren K. of Glendale, N.Y. "These things are the essence of life, and Aiken is sending out a positive message when it's needed most."

Come clean, Mr. Browne. You're a Clay Aiken fan who gave his album a negative review to incite us Clay fans to go buy two more copies (Music). Thanks, Clay, for giving us squares an alternative to the R-rated garbage permeating the airwaves today. Viva la vanilla revolution!
James C.
Austin

And, from Elle magazine Letters to the Editor:

In this age of pathetic fame whores blinded by greed, narcissism, alcohol, drugs and indiscriminate sex, Clay Aiken wants to be like Mr. Rogers and he has no problem cheerfully admitting it in a big, hipper-than-thou fashion magazine. I didn't think I could admire him more than I already do, but this? He knows who he is and doesn't care who thinks or doesn't think he's cool. Quite apart from his extraordinary vocal talent, big heart and good looks, this is why he'll be successful in anything he undertakes for years to come.
J. Marsh
Chicago

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Aiken News Network (ANN)  |  2003 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK NOVEMBER 14

gfxgfx
gfx