gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229512 Posts in 2574 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay March 28, 2024, 07:53:33 AM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Aiken News Network (ANN)  |  2003 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK NOVEMBER 13
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 2003 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK NOVEMBER 13  (Read 2048 times)

fhmmany2

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
2003 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK NOVEMBER 13
« on: March 25, 2010, 11:32:36 AM »
Author  Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK NOVEMBER 13  (Read 990 times) 

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

AIKEN NEWS NETWORK NOVEMBER 13
« on: November 13, 2003, 08:22:01 AM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The votes have been counted for MTVs Idol Wild Video Clash...and the winner is.........INVISIBLE!

Clay beat Kelly Clarkson's video for LOW - 80% to 20% !!  Way to vote Claymaniacs!

Now, back to TRL voting.  It would be so very nice to get INVISIBLE to #1 this week - the week that PETA has used Clay's name in an insulting way in order to garner media attention and publicity - the day that Clay will be appearing on Jimmy Kimmel -  a late night talk show host that has also made non humorous sexually related comments about Clay - and the week before the AMA performance - Clay's first BIG music industry appearance.

If we could vote him to #1 on TRL and vote him the Fan's Choice award, it would make this a joyous week for Clay instead of a bad week.

I hope you can find some time today to place some EXTRA votes for Clay!

Visit The Polling Place now for all the links!  Thanks!

Report to moderator    Logged 

cjrmax
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2003, 09:02:37 AM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pamela - What did PETA say about Clay?  I am very much into animal rights and am a vegetarian because of it, but I am continually appalled at PETA's tactics and feel they are very much counter-productive.  And now they've said something nasty about Clay?  That is the last straw!

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2003, 09:32:07 AM »   

More good news!  Invisible enters the Billboard Top 100 Chart at #57!

HOT SHOT DEBUT!

And - #18 on the Adult Contemporary chart!

AIRPOWER!

The Hot 100's top debut comes from second-season "American Idol" runner-up Clay Aiken, whose "Invisible" arrives at No. 57. Aiken's last single, "This Is The Night," debuted at No. 1 in June.

LINK

CONGRATULATIONS CLAY!

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2003, 10:11:35 AM »   

Heard on the radio this morning:

Clay will be singing Little Drummer Boy/Peace on Earth against 1963 footage of Bing Crosby on the Nick Christmas Special.

I was only *cough* years old in 1963 so I don't remember this, but I have seen it since then.  This will be fabulous.  The special airs November 28 on NICK.

cjrmax
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2003, 01:30:28 PM »   

I was only "cough" years old too in 1963 (I can't even believe I admit I was born yet!), too young to remember it, but I do remember the version of Little Drummer Boy/Peace on Earth Bing Crosby did with David Bowie back in the '70's on his Christmas special.  To this day I think its my favorite version of any Christmas song.  Can't wait to hear Clay do it.  Maybe it will be my new favorite!

outthereforclay
  Cough
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2003, 01:33:31 PM »   

Hope all of you get over your colds (cough : ) soon  :   :!:

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2003, 01:45:33 PM »   

Please don't forget:  The American Music Awards air this Sunday night on ABC!  Home of Clay's friend Diane Sawyer.   :

Things are poppin' for ageless Clark

The awards show, which lets the public pick the winners, continues to be unpredictable, Clark said in a phone interview. "There's an infinite amount of surprises. You never know what will happen when you turn control over to the public.

Clark noted there's already been an upset of sorts for this year's awards. Clay Aiken, the first runner-up in "American Idol 2," is among the nominees -- but "Idol" winner Ruben Studdard is not. Both, though, will perform during the awards show.

LINK

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2003, 01:46:34 PM »   

Have you voted today?

VOTE FOR INVISIBLE ON TRL!

Vote online all day!

You can only call in thirty minutes prior to the show.
TRL starts at 5pm EST, so that means you can call from 4:30pm-5pm EST, and then adjust for your time zone.

The phone number is 1-800-DIAL-MTV (1.800.342.5688)
CALL from 4:30pm - 5:00pm (Eastern)
CALL from 3:30pm - 4:00pm (Central)
CALL from 2:30pm - 3:00pm (Mountain)
CALL from  1:30pm - 2:00pm (Pacific)

If voting by name (option "1") enter 2-5-2 (C-L-A)
If voting by video (option "2") enter 4-6-8 (I-N-V)

Remember, everyone is calling at the same time so don't be
discouraged by a busy signal, you will get through!
You can call and vote THREE times PER PHONE LINE/PER DAY!
IMPORTANT:  The first 10 minutes is the easiest time to get through.

Thanks for voting!

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2003, 01:48:40 PM »   

Just a reminder...

If you haven't left Clay a birthday wish yet, please do so.  On this day full of bad vibes (along with the always good Clay vibes) it may be cathartic to write a message of respect and appreciation to Clay.

Even though his birthday isn't until November 30, I will be giving the birthday thread to Clay's mother on Sunday.

Thank you!

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2003, 04:04:39 PM »   

Not much new here, but interesting because I believe Voice of America is broadcast worldwide.  Great global exposure for Clay!

Clay Aiken Releases Solo Album Following Idol Success

Singer Clay Aiken was the runner-up in this past year's American Idol television talent show contest. Even though he came in second, Clay impressed a national audience and several record companies with his expressive voice. Signing a contract with RCA Records, Clay has released his debut album, Measure of A Man, which has just debuted at Number One.

VOICE OF AMERICA

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2003, 04:18:52 PM »   

From today's TRL Street Team email:

20 Questions With Clay!

Q: What is one thing that you would really like to learn how to do?

A: play guitar

Clay's TRL Stats
Current TRL Status: #2
Days on TRL: 9
Highest Position on TRL: #2

I only got through once today.  Darn job!  Gotta work though.
Gotta save up for those front row center solo tour tickets.   :

caramel131
  Little Drummer Boy
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2003, 10:45:12 PM »   

My co-workers and I were just talking today about the Little Drummer Boy song that was sung by David Bowie and Bing Crosby.  I just love it.  It is truly one of my favorite Christmas songs as well.  Now, I find out that Clay is going to be singing it.  I just don't know how much more my heart can stand.  Boy if I could turn back the hands of time, like maybe 20 years, I would be chasing him down.   The feelings this young man has stirred up, I should be shame, but am I, NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Aiken News Network (ANN)  |  2003 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK NOVEMBER 13

gfxgfx
gfx