gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229521 Posts in 2574 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay March 28, 2024, 06:00:34 PM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Aiken News Network (ANN)  |  2003 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK NOVEMBER 12
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 2003 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK NOVEMBER 12  (Read 2078 times)

fhmmany2

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
2003 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK NOVEMBER 12
« on: March 25, 2010, 11:30:34 AM »
 Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK NOVEMBER 12  (Read 1018 times) 

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

AIKEN NEWS NETWORK NOVEMBER 12
« on: November 12, 2003, 11:16:50 AM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clay CD Single to be Released on Same Day as Ruben’s Album
by David Bloomberg -- 11/12/2003

While Clay’s first single from Measure of a Man, “Invisible,” has been available for radio play, it will also soon be released on CD – with a B-side that is likely to spark fans into buying it. When will the single be released? On the same day as Ruben’s Soulful CD.

It looks like Ruben Studdard will have some competition for buyer dollars when he finally releases his album on December 9 – Clay Aiken’s first CD single from Measure of a Man will apparently be released the very same day.

While there is no mention of this single yet on official American Idol sites, both Amazon.com and Barnes & Noble online provide the date of its release – though neither has much specific information or a cover graphic as of this writing. The single will contain two songs. The first is “Invisible,” which is the first official single released to radio stations, and the one that Clay has been promoting (for example, in his appearance on The Tonight Show). The second song, however, is the reason that most fans will probably end up buying the single – it is “Solitaire,” the song he performed on the Neil Sedaka episode of American Idol to great fanfare.
Many fans were wondering why Clay did not cover this song on Measure of a Man, and now we know – it’s a B-side single instead.

Releasing the single really is a brilliant sales move by Clay’s record company in many ways. First, they know that fans will snap it up to hear “Solitaire.” Second, because it will sell a large number, the A-side of the CD, “Invisible,” will gain on the singles chart. Many radio stations have continued to be hesitant to play “Invisible” and so it has not jumped up the singles charts the way his album has. By making it available for sale, it could rise on the charts through this alternative method. And third, it will bring American Idol fans into music stores on the very same day that Ruben’s album comes out. While there is certainly not an overwhelming correlation between being a Clay fan and being a Ruben fan, there is definitely an overlap and the record company may believe that putting out Clay’s single on the same day could help propel sales for Ruben’s album as well.

It will be interesting to see what kind of promotion Clay’s single is given. We can be fairly certain that Ruben’s album will be mentioned on the November 25 American Idol holiday special. Will Clay’s single also be mentioned? Or will they just rely on word of mouth from Clay fans (which we all know works quite well)?

There is also an import CD available on Amazon called Measure of a Man +1. Unfortunately, we have been unable to find out any additional information about the CD as of now, though the title leads me to wonder if it might be the Measure of a Man CD with “Solitaire” added, for international audiences. (However, this is only a guess on my part.)

As of this writing, “Invisible/Solitaire” is already at the #2 ranking on Amazon.com – before there has really even been any public mention of it! Will it help out Ruben’s album along the way? We’ll just have to wait and see.

FOXES ON IDOL

Report to moderator    Logged 

graceandglory
  import cd
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2003, 11:25:11 AM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think the import cd has a track of BOTW and a different poster than the one in the cd released here

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2003, 11:35:09 AM »   

In the voting mood?

Invisible is going up against Kelly Clarkson's Low in Round 1 of MTV's Video Clash. You can vote by just clicking vote on the pop-up in the link below, or, you can power-vote (explanation is on the site)!

MTV VIDEO CLASH!

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2003, 11:36:48 AM »   

I think the import cd has a track of BOTW and a different poster than the one in the cd released here.

graceandglory I think you may be right.  I'll let you know soon, because I ordered it from someone actually in NZ a couple of weeks ago, and it should be here any day!

cjrmax
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2003, 11:59:13 AM »   

Quote from: Pamela
In the voting mood?

Invisible is going up against Kelly Clarkson's Low in Round 1 of MTV's Video Clash. You can vote by just clicking vote on the pop-up in the link below, or, you can power-vote (explanation is on the site)!

MTV VIDEO CLASH!

Question:  In the instructions for Power Voting it says to click on the "down arrow key" and that will put you in power voting mode.  I may just be dense, but what "down arrow key"???

kirk48
  Down Arrow Key
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2003, 12:07:04 PM »   

Hold down the down arrow on your keyboard when you click on the vote tab for Clay, a down arrow will appear and the word Bonus will flip across the screen.

cjrmax
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2003, 12:53:02 PM »   

Hey thanks, Kirk48!

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2003, 01:20:58 PM »   

Attn:  All Atlanta area Claymaniacs!  New concert appearance!

Frosty the Showman 12/13/03
-The Tabernacle, Atlanta, GA
 -Other performers include Michelle Branch, Black Eyed Peas, JC Chasez of NSYNC, Fefe Dobson and a special performance by American Idol Clay Aiken

Check the Clay in Concert forum for more details!

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2003, 01:56:59 PM »   

In Touch Weekly's list of the top entertainers of 2003:

1- Beyonce Knowles -- 2003 Belongs to Her
2-Colin Farrell -- Sexiest Dad of the Year
3-Jessica Simpson & Nick Lachey - America's Most Famous Newlyweds
4- Johnny Depp -- The Leading Man
5- Jennifer Lopez & Ben Affleck -
The will-they-or-won't-they Couple of the Year
6- Nicole Kidman - A-List at Last
7- Angelina Jolie - At Her Brightest
8- Ashton Kutcher - Boy-toy Businessman
9- Cameron Diaz - Super-Rich Celeb
10- Matt LeBlanc - Happiest Groom
11- Ellen DeGeneres - Top Talk Star
12- Demi Moore - Makeover of the Year
13- Uma Thurman - Comeback Queen
14- Sean "P. Diddy" Combs - Rap Mogul
15- Justin Timberlake - Solo Superstar
16- Ruben Studdard & Clay Aiken - True American Idols

LINK

The "Top 50 Stars of the Year" were chosen by In Touch Weekly's
editorial staff, influenced by outstanding displays from stars over all aspects of entertainment including music, television, and film, fashion, and lifestyle.

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2003, 02:47:54 PM »   

Have you voted today?

VOTE FOR INVISIBLE ON TRL!

Vote online all day!

You can only call in thirty minutes prior to the show.
TRL starts at 5pm EST, so that means you can call from 4:30pm-5pm EST, and then adjust for your time zone.

The phone number is 1-800-DIAL-MTV (1.800.342.5688)
CALL from 4:30pm - 5:00pm (Eastern)
CALL from 3:30pm - 4:00pm (Central)
CALL from 2:30pm - 3:00pm (Mountain)
CALL from  1:30pm - 2:00pm (Pacific)

If voting by name (option "1") enter 2-5-2 (C-L-A)
If voting by video (option "2") enter 4-6-8 (I-N-V)

Remember, everyone is calling at the same time so don't be
discouraged by a busy signal, you will get through!
You can call and vote THREE times PER PHONE LINE/PER DAY!
IMPORTANT:  The first 10 minutes is the easiest time to get through.

Thanks for voting!

allforclay
  Voting on MTV
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2003, 02:59:31 PM »   

On the MTV Video Clash, make sure a that you POWER VOTE thru all the levels that you can. As you keep clicking the arrows, you go to another level until you are pushing all 4 arrow buttons to vote. I only saw 4 levels, but someone said that they got to 5. I'm not sure about that as I type really fast and had a nice rymthem going on it for about 30 minutes, I never saw past level 4. (AHEM, we GOT IT BAD, at least I know I do).
 :arrow:
Click AWAY!!!!

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2003, 03:08:59 PM »   

From today's Clay TRL Street Team email for Invisible:

20 Questions With Clay!

Q: What was your first job?
A: Bagging groceries at the Winn-Dixie

Clay's TRL Stats
Current TRL Status: #3
Days on TRL: 8
Highest Position on TRL: #2

Let's go!  Invisible can only be on the countdown for a limited number of days before they retire it!  Let's get Clay to #1!

Speaking of which, does anyone know how long a video can stay on the show before they retire it?

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2003, 04:42:37 PM »   

Aiken's 'Measure Of A Man' Sells 1 Million Copies
CD Single Set For Dec. 9 Release
UPDATED: 11:21 a.m. EST November 12, 2003

RALEIGH, N.C. -- Clay Aiken has reached another milestone.

His debut album, "Measure of a Man," has gone platinum, which means it
has sold more than 1 million copies. Two million copies were shipped to
stores.

A new CD single set for release on Dec. 9 is already No. 2 on  Amazon.com's  best-sellers list. The CD contains "Invisible" and "Solitaire."

Aiken is also nominated for two awards at this weekend's American Music
Awards.

WRAL's Lynda Loveland will be in Los Angeles to talk with Aiken after
the show and will have live reports Monday morning.

WRAL NEWS

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2003, 04:44:54 PM »   

Suffering a 3-8 slide is "Measure of a Man," the RCA debut from Clay Aiken. Sales fell 19% to 113,000 copies, giving the second-season "American Idol" runner-up a to-date total of 1.1 million.

BILLBOARD

Personally, I think 113,000 in the fourth week is outstanding!

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2003, 05:10:03 PM »   

Invisible was #2 on TRL today!

Good job people!

(I got through only twice.  But I was working too....really!)

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Aiken News Network (ANN)  |  2003 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK NOVEMBER 12

gfxgfx
gfx