gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229519 Posts in 2574 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay March 28, 2024, 01:11:00 PM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Celebrity Apprentice 2012  |  EPISODE 10- WINNING BY A NOSE-4/22/12
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: EPISODE 10- WINNING BY A NOSE-4/22/12  (Read 5617 times)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
EPISODE 10- WINNING BY A NOSE-4/22/12
« on: April 29, 2012, 02:15:24 AM »
Winning by a Nose

The celebrities must create an in-store display and slogan for Trump's new fragrance, Success by Trump.

PROJECT MANAGERS:
UNANIMOUS: AUBREY O'DAY
FORTE: CLAY AIKEN

The Apprentice Episode: "Winning by a Nose"
Season 12, Episode 10
Episode Synopsis: The celebrities must fashion an in-store display and create a slogan for a new fragrance. Business snafus unfold when two project managers spar and one team frets about an indecisive leader. Original Air Date: Apr 22, 2012

TV GUIDE

« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 12:37:27 AM by Marilyn »
ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
Re: EPISODE 10- WINNING BY A NOSE-4/22/12
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2012, 12:39:43 PM »
ENTIRE EPISODE ON YOU TUBE

WINNING BY A NOSE

« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 12:37:53 AM by Marilyn »

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2012, 12:56:14 AM »
Clay Tweets    (NOTE THAT THESE WERE AFTER THE SHOW)

.Haters can kiss it. I know how 2 play the game! I love @dayanamendoza I knew she wasn't going 2 get fired. That's NOT why I brought her back

.maybe! ;-) RT @casey_grant111 did you do that intentionally to try and scare the shit out of us fans? Smart ass ;-)

.Check out my blog on http://NBC.com tomorrow and I'll go in depth a bit more.

TWEETED TO CLAY
vivian ? @vivliadakis
@clayaiken Dude, u r 1 pompous fella. U were once a geeky nobody now u r so full of urself. See what u can do bout that chip on ur shoulder

Clay Aiken ? @clayaiken
@vivliadakis I've got a great idea of where you can put it

.I did! RT @Sullivation did u think u were close to being FIRED???

Clay Aiken?@clayaikenReply
Retweet @GritsGreens: Clay you got game! Proud of my Southern grown ass man @clayaiken #celebapprentice

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2012, 02:19:13 AM »
Week 11 - Always Trust Your End Stinks!!
Posted By Clay Aiken
April 22, 2012 11:00 PM
Before you jump on me... It is a game. I lost my last one. I have no desire to lose this one too!

Trust me, this week was NOT an easy week for me. The hardest part about being a project manager, as I said last time I did it, is having to single out two people who you might bring back to the Boardroom with you. This week was even tougher for me. We'll get to my thought processes a bit later.

Our task this week was to create in store displays for Mr. Trump's new fragrance, Success, at Macy's. Pretty straightforward.

As luck would have it, I found myself up against Aubrey again. Aubrey is always formidable. In fact, I think her party for Crystal Light would have been superior to ours if we had both attempted to do they same type of cocktail party. She's a smart cookie.

In this task, again, she probably had a bit of the upper hand. However, I had the deck stacked by having a much stronger team for this. Penn is an incredibly creative mind. Lisa is as well and is a helluva worker, and Dayana was the perfect face for the project.

Our process was pretty straightforward, and everyone on Forte did an incredible job of every part of this task. And we turned out a KILLER display. No kidding - that display was stunning. The lightbox/backlit picture of Dayana looked so professionally done that we all believed that we had it in the bag.

If I were a sore loser... if I were bitter... I might say.... That I would never use a slogan for a cologne that had any word in it that sounds like "stinks"!!! Just think of the puns that could be used... Always Trust Your End Stinks! I thought our slogan was MUCH MUCH better... and I might also say... Unanimous won based in large part on their smell card and their take-away brochure. We were told that we were to make an "in-store" display, not marketing materials. Without those marketing materials, our display KILLED theirs. In fact, when the executives walked in the room at first, we could hear them gasp to themselves at how breathtaking it was. I would have done no gasping with Unanimous' display.

But... I'm not bitter!!! And, as evidenced by my history, I am certainly not a sore loser! So... I won't say ANY of that stuff above!!!

Congrats to Aubrey and Unanimous. GLSEN is a GREAT organization that does incredible work and they deserve the $40K!

Plus, those take-away cards were pretty incredible. And Dayana HAD suggested it to me... and I DID make the choice myself NOT to do them. So, shame on me.

So, why in the hell did I bring Dayana back in the Boardroom? I'll let you in on my thought process...

Truthfully, no one did a poor job on Forte. All three of my team members really gave their all. When everyone does a good job - and the project manager makes a sizable error in judgment (no takeaways) - the finger always points to the project manager. So early on in the Boardroom process I knew that I was gonna be in the line of fire. Knowing that, and given only that information, I had to make a strategic decision about who I'd rather have up against me in the final Boardroom.

Fortunately, the Trumps and the executives often give clues as to who should be blamed for a task's failure. In this case it was pretty clear that Penn should be brought back. I like Penn and have a great deal of respect for Penn, but he was pretty much handed to me on a platter to bring back.

That left Dayana and Lisa.

Bear in mind, neither of them really did ANYTHING wrong on this task. Neither of them really deserved to come back.

Lisa may be a loose cannon at times - some may find her hard to work with - but Lisa is STRONG when it comes to creativity, work ethic, and organization.

Dayana is creative as well. Dayana is a hard worker, no doubt. And Dayana is very organized... BUT.... remember, as viewers we all have much more information to base that on than I did at the time. In that moment, I had only seen Dayana in two tasks and had heard everyone else call her a weak player. That information alone was enough for me to believe that moving forward without Dayana would be easier than moving forward without Lisa.

Add to that the fact that Lisa is a fighter. Her arguments in the Boardroom are passionate and they are coherent. Dayana's history in the Boardroom has not shown her to be a strong fighter in the Boardroom.

I didn't wanna go up against Lisa in the Boardroom, because she had done NOTHING wrong and would NOT have been fired for that task. Therefore, the best-case scenario would have been that Lisa and I would not have been fired, but I would have made an enemy of her moving forward. Not smart! Let Lisa go free. Don't poke the sleeping lioness when you have NO weapon against her. Bring Dayana back. She might not go home, but she won't put up as violent a fight. And, she won't hold a grudge about it next week when we have to work together.

Penn being fired was disappointing. He is an incredibly smart guy. While I might not be able to handle any long car trips with him, I respect him a LOT!!!! And he was a REAL asset to the team, who brought up a lot of the idea for which we were celebrated. But when the writing was on the wall, it was kill or be killed. Not something I am used to, but something I learned to do for The Celebrity Apprentice.

Tune in next week to see me finally get to do something closer to my expertise!!! And see if Dayana actually held that grudge against me after all!! Teresa and I will play "peacekeepers" in the MOST EXPLOSIVE episode of the entire season... and only one of us will be successful!! Don't miss it!

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Celebrity Apprentice 2012  |  EPISODE 10- WINNING BY A NOSE-4/22/12

gfxgfx
gfx