gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229512 Posts in 2574 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay March 28, 2024, 07:43:09 AM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Celebrity Apprentice 2012  |  EPISODE 5- I'M GOING TO MOP THE FLOOR WITH YOU- 3/18/12
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: EPISODE 5- I'M GOING TO MOP THE FLOOR WITH YOU- 3/18/12  (Read 5980 times)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
EPISODE 5- I'M GOING TO MOP THE FLOOR WITH YOU- 3/18/12
« on: April 29, 2012, 02:05:45 AM »
I'm Going to Mop the Floor with You

The celebrities are tasked with producing a viral video to promote O-Cedar's ProMist mop.

PROJECT MANAGERS:
UNANIMOUS-LOU FERRIGNO
FORTE-TIA CARRERE

The Apprentice Episode: "I'm Going to Mop the Floor With You"
Season 12, Episode 5
Episode Synopsis: The celebrity players are assigned to write and produce a viral video promoting a mop. It's risqué business when one team hatches a lusty concept. Meanwhile, serious divisions mar the other team. Original Air Date: Mar 18, 2012

TV GUIDE

« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 12:03:28 AM by Marilyn »
ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

catherinewalker

Re: EPISODE 5- I'M GOING TO MOP THE FLOOR WITH YOU- 3/18/12
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 09:53:04 AM »
This is my 2nd favourite episode.  Very funny :)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2012, 12:47:08 AM »
ENTIRE EPISODE ON YOU TUBE

I'M GOING TO MOP THE FLOOR WITH YOU

« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 12:04:01 AM by Marilyn »

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2012, 12:05:41 AM »
Clay's TCA Live Tweets

•Here we go folks! 2nite's #classyclaymoment comes n the form of incredible dance moves by me!! Watch 4 it & text CLAY to 50555 when u c it.

•Bless their hearts... but that was the most boring "charity segment" ever! What are they just sitting in a hotel lobby for?

•Keep your ears peeled... Ms @AubreyODay is about to have a bit of trouble guessing ages!

•Wait a second!! Did @AubreyODay just say something nice about @DebbieGibson ???? What is happening in my world!?

•So nice of Penn to educate a grown ass man like he's an idiot! :-/

•It's coming... starting to boil!

•I was NOT PICKING MY NOSE! I was TOUCHING my nose!

•Dear @pennjillette there IS another way. Brainstorming should be open and without judgment! Thanks @SecretOfLife

•Yes, Penn. That's what grown men do... pout! Way to go!

•Here it comes!

•Just so we are clear.. I can do the same thing with my pecs @LouFerrigno HA HA

•Ooohh.. "speak with their face!!" i LOVE it! @LisaLampanelli forgot to take her lithium again!! ;-)

•When you tell me what you "think" I mean.. as if I couldn't express myself correctly... isn't that condescending!?

•That was the MOST awkward conversation I have EVER endured in my life. It included a full four minutes of silence at the end!

•B sure 2 check out my blog on http://NBC.com after 2nites show 2 find out what unbelievable thing happened the conversation ended

•Stay with us!! RT@itsthemizz @KChenoweth this #CelebApprentice epi is good, convince me why iNeed 2 switch over 2 #GCB! #teamClay #dilemma

•I believe @deesnider just cosigned me. Can I get an amen @ArsenioOFFICIAL ?

•I didn't think @AubreyODay could be embarrassed!! ;-)

•Say what you will @TiaCarrere is a classy lady!

•Quite a few mates make cameos in next week's #celebapprentice . Tune in to see if I ever take off my coat. #nyciscoldasshit

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2012, 01:47:36 AM »
Week 5
Posted By Clay Aiken
March 18, 2012 11:00 PM
What a week we had this week with our O-Cedar task. O-Cedar may be the leader in cleaning supplies, but we were certainly able to make this week's proceedings a little dirty!

The week started off with Mr. Trump announcing what our task would be in the lobby of the New York Public Library. As I have said in the past, we always tried to guess what the task might entail by looking at our surroundings. This week the setting gave no clue whatsoever. Our task this week was to create a "viral" video to promote O-Cedar's ProMist mop. During the delivery of the task, the Trumps and the executives were positioned so far away from us that I worried that it would be hard for Lou to read their lips while they were telling us the task. Yet, when we were asked to pick our project manager, Lou stepped up right away. The team had to make sure he had "heard" what we were tasked with doing before he volunteered, but he had been called out in the Boardroom so many times he didn't care and was going to step up no matter what.

Over on Forte, Tia had been accused of flying under the radar for too long, and she stepped up as well. Not without some cutting remarks from Aubrey.

The biggest challenge this week (creatively, at least) was determining the difference between a "viral" video and a regular commercial. The videos that I know of that go viral usually involve someone falling off of a table or getting hit in the crotch with a bat. How to make something that appealing while still keeping the product at the forefront and showing it in a positive light was going to be a challenge.

Let's go ahead and address the elephant in the room... I do not dislike Penn. But I do think he is not the greatest team player all of the time. In about every situation, given a task to handle on his own, I think Penn would be incredible! But, by his own admission, working with people that he didn't get to choose as teammates is not something Penn likes to do. That frustrated me this week. At the end of the day, we have to support the vision of our project manager. Several of us didn't feel that Penn was doing that, and I made my feelings clear. Nuff said.

Over on Forte, I think they might have been better served by speaking their minds a little bit more. Dayana, Debbie and Aubrey spend a good deal of time whispering their concerns about the task to each other. Uh... ladies... these microphones that they have us wear are pretty high tech. Did you really think that if you whispered they wouldn't be able to hear you?? In the end, the only person who really made an effort to speak her mind to Tia was Aubrey, and it seemed to us viewers that Tia didn't seem to pay much attention to Aubrey's concerns. In fact, a suggestion made by Aubrey and ignored by Tia was then accepted by Tia when it was suggested by Lisa. That said, I know a lot of things end up on the cutting room floor when they edit the Unanimous footage together, so I have to realize that some stuff gets cut from Forte as well.

Back in the war rooms, Dee is doing most of the editing for Unanimous giving the rest of us time to do nothing. The computers in our respective war rooms had not been updated with the appropriate software needed for editing, so we had a LOT of downtime in general this particular evening. I wanted to try to clear the air with Penn... maybe not the best idea. He has said he doesn't like to have serious conversations with people. He has said he has only had a serious conversation about three times in his life and only with his partner Teller and with his wife. My guess is that this is probably because he rarely wants to hear what other people are thinking or feeling... but what do I know? The conversation with him was one of the oddest conversations I have ever had with another human being and ended with him just staring blankly at me and not saying a word for two minutes! We were called away to look at the video edit. That's the only thing that stopped the blank staring. And then, after we had looked at the edit, Penn came up to me and said "I'm sorry, Clay. I think we were having a conversation. Shall we finish?" WTH?!?!?... You mean, should we get back to you staring at me and not talking??? I think I'll pass.

When the teams finally present their concepts to the executives, we get a chance to see the "viral" videos in their full form. Unanimous has shot an informative piece with an actress talking about the benefits of the ProMist mop while Lou dances around in the background pretty much looking like a fool. It was great that Lou was willing to commit to it and let the joke be on him, and I think it made the video really special. Forte's concept was a take on the "What's Your Number?" question. It implied that it was asking women how many lovers they had had, but was in fact asking them how many mops they had used in their lifetime. I thought it was a cute concept. Not sure it was executed as well as it could have been, but certainly a clever idea.

In the Boardroom, we discover that the executives preferred the video done by Unanimous. The men head back to our war room while the women duke it out in the Boardroom. It doesn't take long for the team to pile on to Dayana as the weakest member of the team and on to Tia as being the cause of this week's loss. Aubrey goes after Tia with full claws and even makes an intentionally "unintentional" dig at Tia's age. Aubrey may very well be one of the smartest members on the women's team, but here I don't think she was smart enough to hide her intent. Implying that Tia was 50 was obviously not an accident (see Aubrey's nasty 100- year-old comment earlier in the show) and it just made her look petulant. Tia took the high road by not fighting back. In fact, she took the highest road possible and took responsibility for the loss of the team. She "fell on the sword" and allowed Mr. Trump to fire her for the team's loss.

It surprised me that Tia went out without a fight. I honestly believed (as did many of the members of Unanimous) that had she put up a fight she could have survived. However, in the car ride out, Tia explained that she felt the team was beginning to devolve into a lot of backstabbing and cat fighting. She said she did not want to be a part of that. Tia Carrere and Adam Carolla. Two very classy exits from Celebrity Apprentice. Savor it. No one else will go down without a fight for the rest of the season. Promise!

In tribute to Tia's graceful exit, please checkout her charity, After School All-Stars, at http://www.afterschoolallstars.org

Next week, I attempt to put my money where my mouth is, and after weeks of trash talking most everyone on her team, Aubrey attempts to gain your sympathy. Which one of us will be successful? Tune in to find out!

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Celebrity Apprentice 2012  |  EPISODE 5- I'M GOING TO MOP THE FLOOR WITH YOU- 3/18/12

gfxgfx
gfx