gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229518 Posts in 2574 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay March 28, 2024, 11:32:48 AM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Celebrity Apprentice 2012  |  EPISODE 4- FAILURE TO LAUNCH 3/11/12
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: EPISODE 4- FAILURE TO LAUNCH 3/11/12  (Read 5682 times)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
EPISODE 4- FAILURE TO LAUNCH 3/11/12
« on: April 29, 2012, 02:04:14 AM »
Failure to Launch

The contestants must introduce the new Buick Verano at a consumer launch presentation.

PROJECT MANAGERS:
UNANIMOUS: ADAM CAROLLA
FORTE: DEBBIE GIBSON

The Apprentice Episode: "Failure to Launch"
Season 12, Episode 4
Episode Synopsis: The star players rev up to produce a live event spotlighting a new Buick vehicle, but one team is in danger of stalling out when the choice for project manager is questioned. Meanwhile, a deep division develops in the other team. Original Air Date: Mar 11, 2012

TV GUIDE

« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 11:58:38 PM by Marilyn »
ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
Re: EPISODE 4- FAILURE TO LAUNCH 3/11/12
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2012, 12:45:15 AM »
ENTIRE EPISODE ON YOU TUBE

FAILURE TO LAUNCH

« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 11:59:08 PM by Marilyn »

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2012, 12:01:59 AM »
Clay's TCA Live Tweets

•Here it comes! Tonight's "classy moment" is a verbal one. Listen for it right after out #UnanimousVerano presentation. #celebapprentice

•If you don't have the #celebapprentice app for your phone... it's TOTALLY worth getting! http://goo.gl/3tMX6

•.@adamcarolla has studio n LA 4 his podcast and other ventures. It's FILLED with cars and mechanical stuff. I thought he was perfect 2 lead.

•Isn't it convenient that @LouFerrigno is even wearing a green shirt?

•And, @deesnider what we should be more worried about is that zit on my neck! It is getting to be as large as @LouFerrigno arms

•I hope @DebbieGibson doesn't stop that far past stop signs when she drives in public!

•I swear I was trying to think of something different to talk about @adamcarolla listening... but thats all that came out!

•That's true! "Everybody LOVES Lou Ferrigno!" ;-) ... You don't need to TELL us @LouFerrigno ;-)

•I've got a feeling @AubreyODay is gonna get another dig in at Debbie before the night's over. #breakingthe4thwall

•if you do, you'll have liver failure tonight! RT @DonaldJTrumpJr @clayaiken @louferrigno Are we playing the 110% drinking game tonight!!

•The Buick Verona???? My only guess is that @AubreyODay is a big fan of Shakespeare #unanimousverano

•When u hear tonight's #classyclaymoment on #celebapprentice text CLAY to 50555 to donate $10 2 National Inclusion Project & @includingkids

•Those #UnanimousVerona brochures were designed by @deesnider & I. Check out http://www.inclusionproject.org 2 learn how u can own 1 signed by all of us

•Here it comes.. When u hear tonight's #classyclaymoment text CLAY to 50555 to donate $10 to National Inclusion Project and @includingkids

•I get to sit down in the boardroom!!!! Yippee!!

•If you missed tonights #classyclaymoment you should still text CLAY to 50555 to make a $10 donation to @includingkids

•In solidarity with @adamcarolla s confidence, lets get #UnanimousVerano to trend tonight!

•I think the opposite of "decisive" is "indecisive" @AubreyODay ;-) The board room gets us all tongue tied!

•Translation to @IvankaTrump statement: " @Teresa_Giudice you're not as crazy as I thought you were!";-)

•Way to try to stir the turd @DonaldJTrumpJr ... tell her to fight NOW!!! ha ha

•Gotta say... @LisaLampanelli wasn't the only person saying "Are you kidding me?"

•Comedy hurt us. :-/ #UnanimousVerano

•All the more reason to REALLY get #UnanimousVerano trending tonight!

•I had a "heckle" in the presentation referring to the car's handling, but it got edited out. @deesnider and I also were the tech directors

•Oh crap. I hope I didn't just piss off the Hulk! Love @LouFerrigno :-)

•Make NO MISTAKE @LouFerrigno is 1 of my favorites on the show. Anything I said 2 him that sounded mean was tough love & only 2b supportive!

•The best part of tonights episode of #CelebApprentice may be the preview for next week. Stay tuned and don't miss it!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2012, 01:43:33 AM »
Week 4
Posted By Clay Aiken
March 11, 2012 11:00 PM
Well hello folks...
Let's try something different today. Let's see if I can recap some of this week's episode without the need for you to take an intermission during the reading of this blog! I just seem to write soooo much!

This week's task was back in the men's team's wheelhouse again after a week of high fashion had us at a disadvantage. This week we were charged with creating a launch presentation for the all-new 2012 Buick Verano. Present the car to an audience, and answer questions about it from both the live audience and folks following the presentation online and on Twitter.

With Michael Andretti on Unanimous AND Adam Carolla (the host of a car talk show on the Speed Network) we should be perfectly positioned to take the women down this week. Debbie Gibson steps up for the women. Though Mr. Trump all but directs Michael Andretti to step up as project manager on Unanimous, Michael suggests that Adam take the helm. Personally, I felt Adam was a great choice. He is knowledgeable about cars and he had been a real leader already amongst the group. It seemed time for him to step up.

Split in to separate vans, Forte struggles to keep communication lines open between Debbie as the project manager and the Forte teams members who were not with her at all times. On Unanimous, the lines of communication are open, but the communication coming from PM Carolla is not jiving with the instructions that were given by the Buick executives. Adam, one of the funniest comedians in the business, wants to put on a funny presentation. Most everyone else does not.

Lou, much like last week and the week before (and the week before) feels that a concept showing him as The Hulk would be a good idea to demonstrate his strengths (forgive the pun). What you didn't see in this week's episode is that the idea of having Lou rip away a covering to reveal the Verano was actually Adam's idea initially. Granted, Lou jumped on that suggestion and rode it all the way through the task, but someone else in fact suggested it.

The ladies' concept is not really that different from the men's. Both teams use team members volunteering from the audience with interruptions that show different aspects of the car. Forte's "interruptions" are a bit more in line with the mood and tone of the product though, whereas Unanimous takes more of a humorous slant. That said, what Unanimous lacked in appropriate tone we more than made up for in factual content. The ladies struggled to answer questions about the Buick Verano; Adam had a command of the information about the car that I would say may have even rivaled the makers! You don't see it as much in the episode, but Adam answered questions from the audience that I was sure he would be stumped by. But he answered without hesitation every time!! It was a sight to behold!

In the Boardroom, the tensions between Debbie and Teresa (who had felt left out of the task) started to surface. Some expert prodding by Mr. Trump (and especially by Don Jr.) successfully got Teresa to vent some of her frustrations with Debbie.

On Unanimous' side of the table, The Trumps are very upset that Michael had not stepped up to the plate as project manager. Several team members chime in to defend Michael's choice. I find that it's smarter to keep your mouth shut until called on. Yet, in situations like that when I wanted to say something, letting my "feelings" show on my face would usually entice one of the Trumps into asking me to speak up. Then I got to say what I wanted without having to jump in to a conversation without being asked! ;-)
When the men's team loses the task, the women head back to their war room and Debbie immediately tries to clear the air with Teresa. Teresa informs us in confessional that she is NOT buying it! I have a STRONG feeling that we haven't seen the last of this!!! ;-)
Meanwhile, the men all do their best to stand by Michael's decision not to be project manager, but only Mr. Trump knows how truly upset the executives were not to have Andretti leading the task. As a businessman, Mr. Trump knows the value of a brand. The fact that the Andretti name was not associated with the task as much as it could have been really has him hot under the collar. So, when Adam falls on his sword and says he will not be bringing anyone back to the Boardroom to be fired, Mr. Trump can stand it no more. Like a judge vacating a verdict from a jury, Mr. Trump tells the men that he will be firing two people that evening and that everyone is on the line.

It's clear to me, at that point, that Mr. Trump is none too pleased with Michael's decision not to step up and that he is likely on the line to go. However, the general consensus amongst the men is that Lou was the weakest member of the team. In the lobby, we all tell him as much. He MUST stop offering only one trick if he wants to remain successful. (I secretly have a feeling that he will be with us next week, so I tell him that he better step up next week.)

Back in the Boardroom, Mr. Trump fires Adam right away. It seems to be a signal to all of us, that taking the bullet for the team's loss without bringing anyone back will not be tolerated.

Then, the pressure is on for Michael. Mr. Trump is clearly upset still that Michael had not been project manager. (What many of us know is that Michael had a HUGE amount of $$ ready to be donated during an upcoming fundraising task and was holding out to be project manager then, but I guess the lesson is... you gotta step up when the task is so perfectly suited to you.) Several of the men attempt to protect Michael (knowing he has the mother lode ready for a fundraiser), but Arsenio seems to be the only person smart enough to know that when the blood is in the water you might as well just get out of the shark's way. Arsenio co-signs Mr. Trump's opinion that Andretti is too big a name to not be attached to the project. Michael says goodbye.

It was a shock for Unanimous to lose two members in one sitting, and two smart ones at that. And maybe a lesson for future project managers not to fall on their swords... But maybe not!! ;-)

Tia, who Mr. Trump felt might be flying under the radar, will get a chance next week to exercise some control, but will Lou finally step up too?

Next week could "go viral" when someone finally loses their cool!! Wonder who it could be!! ;-)

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Celebrity Apprentice 2012  |  EPISODE 4- FAILURE TO LAUNCH 3/11/12

gfxgfx
gfx