gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
121417 Posts in 1315 Topics by 237 Members - Latest Member: claywatcher33 December 22, 2014, 01:50:31 AM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Critical Mass  |  Critical Mass #41 - Main Clay Discussion Thread
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Critical Mass #41 - Main Clay Discussion Thread  (Read 55024 times)

Moonshot

• Administrator
  • Claymaniac
  • Yes. I AM a sexy beast.
Critical Mass #41 - Main Clay Discussion Thread
« on: February 01, 2012, 07:45:57 PM »
Welcome to CM Discussion Number 41.

This is the official Clay discussion thread at Claymaniacs.com.

To that end, please include Clay content in your posts. News, articles, links to pictures, thoughts, opinions or anything that encourages conversation is welcome.  Personal conversation should take place in our community threads.

Please continue to discuss any issues concerning the new forum in the appropriate threads.

Antagonistic or adversarial comments are not allowed. State your opinion then move on. Please also note that you are free to scroll through posts which do not interest you.

An opinion that differs from your own is not a personal attack on you.  A negative opinion is not a personal attack on Clay.

This is a linear style thread, in that several topics may be discussed in this single thread, sometimes all at once.  All rules and guidelines referenced in the Forum Info section apply here.  This is an all ages thread, so please insure content is appropriate.

In order to keep the tone conversational, links to pictures are encouraged but clickable thumbnails may also be posted in moderation.  No post-hoing of pics!!  No full-sized photos please.

All threads will be archived in the "Archives - Critical Mass" forum.

Thanks and have fun!
Sometimes I think my whole life is spent in one long effort to escape the commonplaces of existence ~ Sherlock Holmes

mimi

• Enthusiastic
Re: Critical Mass #41 - Main Clay Discussion Thread
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 08:14:50 PM »
I am holding Steadfast, but for this particualr album I will not be buying multipules, because I have all the songs on it,and I think $11.00-12.00 is a little much to pay for a album cover picture.

I love Clay, but right now I am just a little disappointed, but realize that Clay is not going to change . I will always want the best for him ,and am hoping that Decca does too.

Hope I haven't upset anyone, but we are all friends ,and  I think we can expression how we feel here with each other,because we all have different views on a lot of subjects.

I have been and am looking forward to CAPP,and I wasn't expecting an album this soon anyway....
Forgive your enemies...it messes with their head.

Sundancer

• Claymaniac
  • Goddess of Snark
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 05:49:11 AM »
Marlene wrote:
I wasn't expecting an album this soon anyway....
I don't think any of us was expecting a new album at this point, which is okay because we didn't get one. <shrug>
To look at me, you may be wrong. I've been through this--it made me strong.
I believed that I would find an open door or a light to lead me to the other side.

mimi

• Enthusiastic
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 06:16:57 AM »
Cute new picture of Clay at Kelly's concert..Picture #39

http://www.triangle.com/2012/02/01/114518/kelly-clarkson-jan31-2012.html

Hope this works.

Also on Wral, this morning, Lynda Loveland was telling about going with several of her friends to Kelly's concert,and Clay took her backstage to meet Kelly. She said she was sweet & very nice. She loved the show and went on & on about how great it was.

mimi

• Enthusiastic
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 06:27:44 AM »
Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow, that means 6 more weeks of winter. WELL BRING IT ON!,so far I've enjoyed winter .I can deal with 70s in Feb & March. ;D  Just hope that the weather does NOT take a drastic turn, at least until Barbara & I get back from NY.

Gwenn

• Claymaniac
  • HE'S KILLING ME.
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2012, 06:34:06 AM »
I complained plenty yesterday and my feelings have not changed.  Marlene is right about a new album.  Decca is a business and I don't blame them for trying to cash in on CApp.  It is the song choice.  I just don't get why those songs were chosen.  On a positive note--the pix are great. 

My only concern is the same one as always.  I love live Clay.  I want him to be able to tour.  Will that happen?  Fingers crossed.

I am now over my angst.  I have way too much going on in real life to worry about this.

OT--I have been reminding people on fb but not all of you here use it.  If anyone wants to send something sweet for Valentine's Day Sammie Lou's chocolate pecan bars are alive and well. ;D ;) :P

Gwenn
HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER

Thea

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2012, 07:31:36 AM »
I am now over my angst.  I have way too much going on in real life to worry about this.

GWENN, welcome to "the dark side" of being a Clay Aiken fan.  I arrived at that point about 3 years ago.  ;)

lovinclay

• Claymaniac
  • Clay Aiken...Character and Integrity Personified!
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2012, 08:29:16 AM »
WTH are they thinking?!?!?!?!    >:( :'(

Gwenn

• Claymaniac
  • HE'S KILLING ME.
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2012, 08:50:59 AM »
WTH are they thinking?!?!?!?!    >:( :'(

MICKI--I WISH I KNEW.  THERE ARE SOME SONGS ON T&T THAT I OUTLINED YESTERDAY THAT WOULD BE A WONDERFUL COMPROMISE.  STILL BE WHO CLAY IS BUT NOT BE SOOOOOOO ANGSTY AND SSSSSLLLOOOOOWWW.

I STILL LOVE BBML. 

GWEN

MARLENE--THE LINK DIDN'T WORK FOR ME.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER

mimi

• Enthusiastic
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2012, 08:56:33 AM »
Gwenn it didn't work for me either so I removed it. It was a cute picture of Lynda Loveland & Kelly backstage Tues night. Hopefully someone can find the link and bring it over.  Clay can be seen in the mirror taking the picture

glory

• Claymaniac
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2012, 10:25:04 AM »

SAD  :'(

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2012, 11:37:56 AM »
In his blog Clay specifically said this album was NOT for fans- that we had TNT and while he would love us to buy more, it was not expected that we would. He said there would be songs that were not studio recorded on the original album

THe changes- I see "Breaking Up is Hard to do", "Who's Sorry Now" and "Bring Back My Love" that were not on the original album. I heard that one of these was a bonus track- not everyone got it with TNT. I will buy an album because I support Clay. I will take the songs I dont have and put them on my IPOD.

Clay gave us an album of original songs in On My Way Here- however, since the promo was next to none and it was his goodbye to RCA, it didnt sell well.

Since he will be in the public eye on CAPP, I believe Decca wanted to capitalize on that without spending money, hence "Steadfast" was born with some changes. Whether it sells or not will be the question. At least there will be something "new" out there for the NJU watchers of CAPP

I think Clay was responding to some twitters that said they wanted him to sing songs like Kelly or Top 40 today.

The thing too is this-(all IMHO)- while he may record these ballads and orchestra backed songs, in concert (except for Tand T) he does a mix of upbeat songs and ballads. If he did all his concerts like the Gala, I think many would love that. I know I would.

During the JBT, Jaymes and Clay were working on songs for a new original album. Thats how we got to hear "Back For More' "tears run Dry", "Just You" and "1000 days". Clive Davis shut that down and only let him do covers. "1000 Days" survived that, and there were a couple of other originals on the album. So he was shoved in the covers/ballad direction. I think he fought really hard to get On My Way Here and they let him do it because he was on his way out.
Then RCA realeased "The Best of"...and capitalized even more.

I think that Clay HAS to love these songs because this is what is being "Promoted" and sold righ now. When he did the little promotion for On My Way Here-he loved that, had great reasons why it was done, and so on.

At this time, this is the area he wants to cover. But seriously, in all his tours, when he DOES do the upbeat songs, etc, you can see how much he enjoys it. It may be that if he tries to put "pop" songs on an album right now, he feels that the public might not think of the AI Clay- who knows.

These are just my random thoughts, so what the heck do I know??

All I know is, we were not promised nor were we expecting an album- this is all to capitalize on Clay coming back into the public eye.

Who knows what the future will bring? All I know is I respect and admire Clay and want him to be in my life a long time, so I will continue to support him. Everyone is entitled to feel how they do-if you do not like the direction he is taking, so be it. I just hope you all hang around here becoss I will miss you all if you run away!!
ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

glory

• Claymaniac
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2012, 11:58:07 AM »

MARILYN I AM NOT GOING ANYPLACE WHAT WOULD I DO WITHOUT MY ROLLACOASTER, MY RIBS HURT AGAIN GOING TO BED MAY NOT GET UP UNTIL TIME FOR CA. I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEE BBML.

Tiffany

• Claymaniac
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2012, 12:45:26 PM »
You make a lot of great points Marilyn. Well said! Was thinking also about what he sings on tour and i believe he will do that still. Getting the CD to support him too. I might prefer if he sings other styles of music but I always enjoy whatever he sings cause he has the best voice on earth. I'm here to stay as well. I am a fan of the man, the whole package, not just his music. You never know how Steadfast will do. The people that do buy it might be interested in getting his other CD's as well. We will see. Just hope for the best. Looking forward to other things too like NY and CAPP and hopefully a tour. A lot of exciting things coming up.

Oh and Clay is so right that some people are never satisfied. Also complaining won't change anything. It is not worth it. Sorry Just IMO.

Cute to see Clay take a pic of Kelly and Lynda. She is so much taller compared to Kelly. Clay has a new tweet this morning. Just something to read about.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 12:54:39 PM by Tiffany »

Gwenn

• Claymaniac
  • HE'S KILLING ME.
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2012, 12:51:43 PM »
Glory--I may join you.  I am achy all over.  Not sure I am getting something or from sleeping on the sofa. 

Marilyn-- I am not gonna dispute anything.  As I said a zillion time--I love live Clay.  I just want him to be able to tour and sell enough tix and cd's so he can. 

Honestly I don't think Clay had much say in which songs from T &T are on Steadfast.  I don't have BUIHTD so I will download that.  As a kid, it was one of the very first pop songs I loved.  I can't remember if I have all of the others.  I forget what is on the cd cause I bought it from iTunes and don't have a hard copy.  Will see.  Since I listen to my iPod on my docking station on shuffle, I do want all his stuff.  But I am not gonna buy the whole cd.  Makes no sense to me.  I was never one to buy multiple copies unless I gifted them like MCWL and the EP at holiday time.  And often got Er a copy. (not T&T)

Gwenn

I just want him to tour.  To see him live and see all of you. 
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Critical Mass  |  Critical Mass #41 - Main Clay Discussion Thread

gfxgfx
gfx